The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

#151 of 437 Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, it was Canada Day so we went out and enjoyed some of the celebrations.
Now we have a heat advisory for today and we are looking at a possible hurricane by the weekend.
My ovulation kit- gave me 1 negative test on Monday plus 2 question marks- cramped all afternoon just on my right side with CM, then 1 question mark yesterday, took 1 this morning and it said no. I hate this kit and will be trying a different one next month.

Hi @monkeyscience , no I have never used OPK before. My clinic suggested first thing in the morning so we can plan for the IUI the next day. I have done any other BBT or anything else, cause we thought we were going with IVF and now we have switched to IUI. Thanks for the information.

I agree every month counts and I have been counting months now, @radiowave . Hope Clomid is kind to you and that the vacation to the beach with your family goes well.

Thanks @WildDoula .

Hi @toothfairy2be

Thanks @oxford . I am not worried this month but I am worried about getting an accurate result next month when we attempt IUI. Glad you are getting ready to come back. Hope the couple months off allowed your body to prepare for your next cycle.

Yippee, so excited for you @kewpie80

Hi @chuord

Hi everyone!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#152 of 437 Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Tina maybe try the ones that give you two lines... Even if you don't get a true positive you can watch the test line get darker and know that o is close, and see the line fade after o.
#153 of 437 Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

That is definitely my plan for next month @chuord

#154 of 437 Old 07-03-2014, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Good morning! I hope all are well today. Another scorcher here in Baltimore with temps (with heat index) supposed to reach 100 or more, and very high humidity. Can't wait for the thunderstorms expected this afternoon!
Question for those who have done IUI:

I'll be going in for my day 3 appointment on Saturday morning, and so my CD 12 appointment will be 3 days after we arrive for our family (my mom and step-dad, brother, sister in law and their kids and us) vacation at the beach, which is 3 hours away from where we live. My plan was to come back alone for that appointment, but now I am wondering if my husband should come with me, because he would need to rent a car to come back for his part of the process. If it was the next day it would make sense for him to come with me, but if it was 3 days later it would make less sense. Am I making sense? So, wondering how long after day 12 you did your trigger shot or your partner or donor's semen was needed?
Thanks!
Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#155 of 437 Old 07-03-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hi @radiowave ,
I wish I had more useful information for you about your IUI, but mine is seemingly more different than you. We are using donor sperm which we order on CD 1. We are not using any drugs- it will be as close to natural as possible. We calculated based on past cycles that I should ovulate between CD 11-18 so I will use an OPK (24-36 hours not 48 hours) to predict ovulation. When I get a positive result, I call the clinic and we are scheduled for our IUI the following morning.
adiejan likes this.

#156 of 437 Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 PM

Radio wave. - everyone is different, it depends how fast you respond to the meds... It's possible you'll be ready to trigger cd12 or it might take a few days longer... My best advice is ring the clinic and talk to the nurse - they don't mind answering questions and will understand the travel issues you'll have...
radiowave likes this.
#157 of 437 Old 07-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
@teamviddy

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!
What is your doctor saying about it? Are you still taking the medications?
I know there is a doula, midwife forum. I will try to find the link. That does suck that the doula did not provide support during your loss.
#158 of 437 Old 07-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Sorry, I deleted my post because I think it was in the wrong place-- should be in Pregnancy after Loss. But to answer your question I am taking special vitamins and am doing my first shot of blood thinners today-- Lovenox. This is for a blood clotting disorder-- homozygous MTHFR C677T gene mutation. I am supposed to take low dose aspirin until the pregnancy happens and then start on real blood thinners.
#159 of 437 Old 07-06-2014, 02:25 PM

@chuord
Are you back from Darwin? Where are you in your cycle...... Please inform
#160 of 437 Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

Trust me I haven't forgotten about you all. Its been a wild and crazy few days.

Where do I start?

We went yesterday to our psychologist appointment which went really well. So our next step will be to order our sperm donation this week and we are looking at doing our first IUI cycle by the end of the month of July since today is CD 25. Yippee!

We got hit Saturday by post-Tropical Storm Arthur. We got over 120 mm of rain and wind. There are trees uprooted and branches down everywhere. My brother and his friend spent 36 hours with no power about 2 hours from here. We were going to go pick them up on Wednesday of this week so they could go home to visit with my parents for a week. So instead we went up Sunday to pick them up. Anything we could save from their fridge and freezer is in our fridge and freezer until they come back.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Miss talking to you all.

#161 of 437 Old 07-08-2014, 11:20 AM

I started my first round of clomid last night. Feeling a little woozy and emotional today, but not too bad. I have been wondering about what will happen if more than one or two eggs are released, though. There is no reason to think that any of our ttc problems have to do with my ability to ovulate or maintain a pregnancy, but instead are due to my TAC surgery, which could make it harder for sperm to get through cervix, and DH's low motility. This makes me think that there is a decent chance that the clomid will cause the release of several eggs. We are trying very hard to avoid multiples, and I have heard that sometimes IUI will be canceled in a cycle if there are too many mature eggs. Has this happened to anyone here? How many mature eggs did you have with clomid if you did not have ovulation problems?
Also wondering if in this cycle there are too many mature eggs to risk IUI, could they do a retrieval and then IVF?
Thanks!
Aimee

Longing for our rainbow

Last edited by radiowave; 07-08-2014 at 12:01 PM.
#162 of 437 Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haven't had time to go back and read posts lately (since starting a summer course at my community college, yikes this moves fast!), but wanted to give a little update.

I had my Day 14 Sono today with my OB. I've come away with mixed feelings. I have a slight bicournate uterus, with a small septum. I also have a polyp. There were no follicles developing at all. Now I have a prescription for metformin 3x's a day, and an appointment with an RE next Tuesday, probably going to be starting clomid or similar. She said they would probably do a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp and determine the severity of the septum.

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.

Last edited by WildDoula; 07-08-2014 at 08:21 PM.
#163 of 437 Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hope your cycle and IUI with clomid goes well @radiowave . I have had no experience personally with clomid.

Summer school is a killer, isn't it @WildDoula , sorry the sonogram didn't go well dear. Hopefully, there can be a treatment plan in place that makes you happy dear.

Hi everyone else!

#164 of 437 Old 07-09-2014, 04:08 PM

Radio wave - the effects of clomid tend to kick in as you get through it, and they can last a few weeks (from others I've seen) as long as you keep remembering when if you get annoyed that it's the clomid not you it'll be easier not to react. Good luck! I don't think you can then go to ivf (I think I asked) but if you have more than 3 eggs they will cancel iui.
Tina - getting excited yet? This could be all you need for that baby!
Radio wave - disappointing I know, but if they find the issue they can fix it - so it gets you closer to that baby, even if the journey is longer and trickier than you expected.
Everyone else where are you up to? Anything exciting going on?
I'm just waiting after my cd30 ovulation - lol longest cycle ever!
#165 of 437 Old 07-09-2014, 07:03 PM

That is a long cycle, chourd; does this mean you are in the 2ww?
Glad that you are moving forward, tinytina, are you going to be using clomid or anything else in the prep for iui?
Wilddoula, happy that you received some new information!

I am still learning who everyone is, and their situation.

I am about to take my third day of clomid, and I can say I am definitely starting to feel the effects. I had a good bit of cramping earlier, and called my nurse to see what I could take for it, and am now taking extra strength tylenol. I am also feeling nausea, and some serious irritability. I found out that my RE will not go from and IUI to IVF in the same cycle if there are too many eggs, and I have this really strong feeling that there are going to be, and this cycle will be a waste. I'll find out Monday, and if there are they'll give me something to start my period. So, just trying to get through until then.

Longing for our rainbow
#166 of 437 Old 07-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Hang in there radio wave... Oxford will tell you it's not the easiest ride - but if it's all you need it's well worth it!
Get a script for maxalon and take that if nauseous... (It's ok for pregnancy) not sure what it's called in the USa though
#167 of 437 Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

AFM: Cramping and waiting for AF to show up. I keep trying to remind myself that this is a good thing. Every cramp is one cramp closer to doing our IUI. I know it sounds dumb but I just need to feel like we are moving forward.

I am really excited and nervous and just ready to get this show on the road already.

No our clinic does natural IUI cycles (up to 6) before turning to medications, especially since I am so young.

Sorry things are so rough @radiowave . Try to stay positive dear.

Hi @chuord , I have never heard of the medication for nausea before. Sorry your cycle is so out of whack.

#168 of 437 Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Tina - so excited for you! Lol I'm fine with it, it's the after effect of the ivf meds - I seem to always o later the month after. I figure my body is taking the time to heal after all those follicles are blown up like puffer fish
So are you all sorted for ovulation tests this month?
Btw yep I'm in the tww lol
#169 of 437 Old 07-10-2014, 04:58 PM

@tinytina I am so excited for you! You will be having your take home baby before you know it.
@chuord 2ww huh? Forever stalking you.
@WildDoula I remember you when you were a mod!! Hoping everything works out for you!
@radiowave I am going to have to start reading your posts, then you'll officially have a stalker too
@adiejan what is going on? Any idea when you'll have you FET?
tinytina and radiowave like this.
#170 of 437 Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 AM

@toothfairy2be and @tracyamber , I remember both of you! Hopefully we'll all graduate from here soon!
@radiowave , hoping the side effects take it easy on you...
@tinytina , so excited for you!

Afm, impatiently waiting for Tuesday when we see the RE. Excited and pretty nervous to see what he has to say and find out what our plan is from here. Started taking the Metformin, having to work my way up to 1500mg/day. Right now I'm at 500mg. The nausea and other, ahem, intestinal issues are horrible. Fingers crossed my body adjusts quickly.

#171 of 437 Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi All! Still here...still stalking. Been trying to take some time off from fertility obsession. @WildDoula - hope the metformin helps! I've been on it for years to help with fertility and I think it does help those eggies!
@tinytina - so exciting to be closer to IUI! How are you and hubby doing now that the ball Is rolling? I have 3 cousins from donor sperm. So amazing how much they are still all like their dad!
@radiowave - maybe I'm a cynic but I wouldn't worry too much about too many viable follies with clomid. I had between 3-6 my 4 cycles of IUI with clomid and resulted in one ectopic. Just make sure they are testing your estradiol. I was a high responder on clomid.
@chuord - hope your trip was fabulous! It sounds like you are on the longest tww ever! Haha I know I can say this to you friend! Hope we are both on our way to BFP ville! It seems like we are always the leftovers (or left ovaries as I now refer to them) in these threads. We are soooo ready!!! I hope you don't take offense to that!

AFM:don't know if I mentioned it here but went in to see about FET...too many left over cysts! (Left ovaries...see @chourd...can't stop) now I'm on birth control. The allergic reaction from the Lupron is gone...yAy! So now I'm on birth control. Will stop on July 20th. Ready for some good news! Oh and my lil sis will be having a baby in the next few weeks! Jealousy commence!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#172 of 437 Old 07-12-2014, 01:35 AM

Hi Adie great to hear from you! Lol and feel free to keep up the humour it's all enjoyed! Bugger re your 'left ovaries' being full of cysts still - but better to wait and have a good chance... Refresh me how many fertilized eggs did you get? I remember there were heaps!
One more month of yummy food won't hurt you at all!
I'm not remotely fussed this month being sooo long lol, I guess my ovaries needed the time to start up again after all the suppression to stop overstim. Hope your sis has a safe delivery. What else exciting has been happening with you?
Everyone - what's something great that's happening with you?
Mine is sad - lol but I got an iPad mini, so I won't have to post from my phone!!!!!
#173 of 437 Old 07-12-2014, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just hanging out, trying to relax. Waiting for AF to actually start (spotting right now). We order our sperm donation last night- we both agreed on this particular person. He just seemed like a great fit- personality, education levels, and even in appearance. I am so happy with our choice.

We got a new fridge this week after ours has been acting up.
We are going to have a picnic in a park tomorrow for lunch.

Hi @chuord , thanks for mentioning the ovulation tests. I bought some with the two lines, I just worry about doing it. When is the best time of day to do ovulation kits?

Hi @tracyamber , I am getting excited too. Thanks hun. I just hope this works.

Hi @WildDoula , hope your appointment goes well. Sorry to hear about the side-effects of Metformin.

Hi @adiejan , me and hubby seem to be doing better. We have talked it though and our appointment with the psychologist last week really helped us both. I believe nuture definitely plays a part in how children grow up. Glad the reaction is gone. Sorry to hear about your problem with all the cysts dear. Sorry to hear about your jealousy over your sister- I understand this monster very well. Hope you get good news later this month dear.

Hi everyone else!

#174 of 437 Old 07-12-2014, 11:19 PM

@tinytina - later in the morning seems to be the best time. I guess it depends on each person (iFor me 11am ish was fine) if they want you to do it in the mornings early that's fine... With the two lines it will be up to you to notice it's getting darker, so even if you don't get a 'true' positive you will be able to tell when it's close and call the clinic. I'd ask the nurse there for any advice she has... If you really can't tell they can get an idea from blood work - so use that as a back up since hitting o is really important to you next month.
I'm one of those people that finds getting a new fridge exciting hope you're enjoying it!

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#175 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

AFM: This is CD 1 for me and I am so excited to be able to write this today. I am in a different category, IUI/Waiting to O

Thanks for the advice @chuord . I am nervous about reading the tests properly. I am excited though. Loving that the new fridge is much colder than the old one.
kewpie80 likes this.

#176 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 11:51 AM

Drove back from the beach last night for my CD 12 appt this morning. The ultrasound showed one mature (about 24mm) egg on my right ovary, and one immature (about 16mm) on the left. Blood work did not show a surge so I am giving myself trigger shot of ovidrel tonight, and then iui on Wednesday morning. I was so exhausted from all the driving and the late night that I did not ask all the questions I should have about the injection. Is it hard to get the needle in? Should I do it slowly or one strong jab? I wish my husband was here to help me. I will write more later…just wanted to check in.
Aimee

Longing for our rainbow
#177 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
The video on this website was helpful for us http://www.freedommedteach.com/eng/. But I think in nearly all cases, you want a quick jab. My dh did my one and only injection (also an hCG trigger), so I am personally not an expert. I don't think I could have done it to myself, but lots of brave ladies on here have!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#178 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
@radiowave - Is it an intramuscular injection (1 1/2 inch needle) or a subcutaneous injection (1/2 inch needle)? The subcutaneous is so simple, you'll do fine. It's so little, you really won't feel it. If it's an intramuscular injection, you may have to get someone to help you. It's supposed to go in the upper outer part of the bum. I've given them to myself when needed, but it's not easy and not fun. But, you've gotten this far, you can do it. Good luck!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#179 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 03:35 PM

Radiowave - all of my hcg trigger shots were subcutaneous (went into the belly skin - the flabbier the better lol - just below the belly button horizon - imagine a ruler lying across your belly button and pick a spot below... It will hurt less if you do it to the side not directly under the belly button) I've done both slow and quick jab both are ok (just don't go too slow!) be gentle with squeezing in the mixture. I hate needles and I gave myself several - you can do this truly you can... Think of what you're aiming for
Xerxella - I've been following you all on the greasy ages thread... It's still so exciting!
Tina - congrats!!!! I totally understand, you've been so patient with the waiting!
Afm - still in the tww, feeling tired... Catching dh cold!
#180 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 04:01 PM

@radiowave , yay for IUI Wednesday! As far as injections, one firm stick is better than slow going. You'll probably be surprised at how firm you'll have to be, but just go for it. Don't change your mind half way through.
@tinytina , CD1, exciting!!

Afm, CD 20, nothing to report. But my re appt is tomorrow! After insurance verification we found out that insurance covers nothing (not even diagnostics, yikes!) for infertility itself, so we have to try to get as much information as possible out of exploring my bicornuate uterus and resolving my irregular periods. Hopefully we can get all the testing we need lumped into those two, and just pay OOP for treatments.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page