The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

#181 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
@ thinking of you @tinytina !
@WildDoula my insurance paid for nothing! I understand. It can get expensive. Hope you can get all you need done in this visit.
@chuord and <3
#182 of 437 Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
@tinytina -yay for cd 1! Excited for you! I really love the excitement of starting a new cycle.

@radiowave - I agree with what everyone has said. The sub q's really don't hurt at all. I actually gave myself all of my own shots last cycle. Good luck on wed.

@WildDoula - I'm sorry insurance won't cover anything. We are in the same boat. I'll tell you it has been a pricey few years! I hope they can milk the dx to get some coverage.

@chuord -how's it going friend? Forgot to tell you I'm excited for your iPad stay away cold! Oh and I keep forgetting to say we have 5 frozen embies.

@Xerxella - good to see you for a min mama! How are you feeling?

AFM: nothing new at all!
tinytina, Xerxella and WildDoula like this.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#183 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Adie - thanks
Woohoo on 5 frosties - that's a happy thought!

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#184 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks so much for the support on the injection. I finally got up the nerve to do it at 11 p.m. last night and it was so easy. like butter. I was surprised. The worst part was the anticipation. I couldn't sleep about half the night though, which also happened with the clomid. These hormones seem to mess with my sleeping, so I am exhausted, but excited about the iui tomorrow.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#185 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@radiowave woohoo successful injection! IUI tomorrow is exciting, I'll be thinking about you!

We just got back from the RE. He was great, very personable. He did another sono to see my uterus for himself, and to recheck for follicles. He says I definitely do not have a bicornuate uterus, but I might have a septum, which is very fixable. He also saw a polyp like my GYN did. I had two 12mm follicles, which I think is weird for CD21. Based on sono and the irregular periods, he says PCOS.

We have a hysteroscopy scheduled for next Friday to see the septum and determine if it and/or the polyp needs to be removed. I'm supposed to stop the Metformin, he doesn't see a need for it. But I am starting a low dose Synthroid since those levels were a little high. After we figure out what needs to be done with the uterus, if anything, we'll do a SA and HSG, then if those look good, start clomid!
tinytina, Xerxella and adiejan like this.

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#186 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
Thanks so much for the support on the injection. I finally got up the nerve to do it at 11 p.m. last night and it was so easy. like butter. I was surprised. The worst part was the anticipation. I couldn't sleep about half the night though, which also happened with the clomid. These hormones seem to mess with my sleeping, so I am exhausted, but excited about the iui tomorrow.
Good luck! <--- I know that's the peace guy, but pretend it's me with my fingers crossed.
tinytina, radiowave and adiejan like this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#187 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 PM

Well done radio!
Wild doula - that sounds like great news, fx for the easier fix!
Hi Kewpie
radiowave likes this.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#188 of 437 Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Well done radio!
Wild doula - that sounds like great news, fx for the easier fix!
Hi Kewpie
Hiya
chuord likes this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#189 of 437 Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM

Add me to Waiting to Know.
I did the IUI this morning, and the doctor was pessimistic...said it wasn't a good chance because the sample (from DH) had a low sperm count...but he'd do it because I was there, but he thinks we should plan on IVF for next cycle. I feel frustrated and discouraged that I have gone through all of these hormones (and two more weeks of progesterone), and taken 3 days away from my family vacation for a crappy chance.

Longing for our rainbow
#190 of 437 Old 07-16-2014, 08:26 PM

Radiowave - any chance is a chance, think of it as you did your best and if it doesn't work you can try ivf, but if you hadn't tried the iui you'd always wonder if you should have... Also most important - remember to be gentle to yourself, particularly emotionally as you're hopped up on hormones and everything seems worse when that's happening.
Hugs!
hope4light, tracyamber and adiejan like this.
#191 of 437 Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: Just playing the waiting game right. CD 4. Got a lot going on right now.

Hi @radiowave , glad you did so well with the shot dear. Sorry to hear the IUI was questionable. Fingers crossed this still worked.

Hi @monkeyscience and @Xerxella

Thanks @chuord , I don't know if you could call me patient. I just am so ready for this to happen already. I love all the support from everyone.

Thanks @WildDoula , sorry that your insurance covers nothing. Hope the appointment goes well. I am on synthroid too. Hope the scope goes well.

Thanks @tracyamber

Hi @adiejan , sorry you got nothing new to report

Hi @kewpie80

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#192 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 06:40 AM

In a progesterone fog. 200 mg suppositories twice a day since Thursday and I have been dizzy, exhausted, headachy, nightmares, and confused. I am afraid that i am getting depressed. And a week and a half more of this. Does it get any better? Knowing this cycle is probably a bust makes this all feel pretty pointless. How much more intense are the hormones with IVF? I am sorry to complain so much during just my first cycle, but I am not feeling very strong right now. Having trouble functioning well, and worried about it getting worse. And I just want my Nico back, which wouldn't happen with a new baby. Thanks for letting me vent.
Aimee

Longing for our rainbow
#193 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
In a progesterone fog. 200 mg suppositories twice a day since Thursday and I have been dizzy, exhausted, headachy, nightmares, and confused. I am afraid that i am getting depressed. And a week and a half more of this. Does it get any better? Knowing this cycle is probably a bust makes this all feel pretty pointless. How much more intense are the hormones with IVF? I am sorry to complain so much during just my first cycle, but I am not feeling very strong right now. Having trouble functioning well, and worried about it getting worse. And I just want my Nico back, which wouldn't happen with a new baby. Thanks for letting me vent.
Aimee
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. Progesterone doesnt usually affect me and I think I'm very sensitive to a lot of hormones. The whole IVF cycles are a journey in themselves. Lots of different things and I did feel like I was going to loss it at points. I think @chuord was affected too by IVF cycle/ hormones. If you do go this route it is not easy but it does make getting your take home baby seem closer. I'm now pregnant after many IVF cycles and my body(placenta) is starting to make my own hormones and I'm still very sensitive. It makes me not look forward to menopause! Anyway, I hear ya and hugs and I guess this is what makes the women on this thread so amazing is that we put our bodies and minds through everything to get our babies, and once your commented to it , your commented. Hope you feel better soon.
chuord likes this.
#194 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 08:52 AM

@chuord
How are you doing/feeling?
#195 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Aimee - hang in there! Different cycles affect you differently, for me I tend to be less affected by the progesterone and more affected by the before o meds. I had a buggered up iui where stemming took too long and I ended up having a week on femara and then 4 days of injections, I think that was my worst one. When it all cones down to it Tracy is right, it's our determination that keeps us going... I think I'm now mentally entering that arena - where the desire for baby surpasses every thought of 'can I handle it.' Don't think we are all stronger than you we're not, I cried when I was told ivf, I wasn't sure I could do it - but I did, last ivf I cried and swore it had to be my last (only my second lol) it was cancelled. Now I'm seeing the doc tomorrow in the hope of starting cycle 3, nd in the full knowledge that I'll have to inject myself until next Tuesday when dh is home... My journey compared to some is relatively short and easy thus far.... Btw - venting is fine we all need to sometimes. Have faith in yourself, you can do it.

Tracy - hi there I've been following along on the grads thread, sorry you've been feeling so blah! I'm loving all your journeys. Yep cd2 here after a mega 46 day cycle (or ivf recovery loop lol ) I'm hoping to get one more good ivf in, my sisters getting married October 10 and wants me to support her - so I don't want to be doing a crazy cycle too near then. Fx that this month is a winner!
Tina - where are you at?
Oxford - are you close to starting?
tracyamber likes this.

#196 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
@radiowave - vent away love! That's what we are here for. The hormones are so crazy making at times. It's like with every new med I wonder what will happen. Progesterone made me exhausted at first but it was fine as my body adjusted to it a bit more. I'm sorry you are not feeling hopeful about your IUI. I has that kind of feeling my last IUI. Just try to take it a moment at a time. That's what has helped me.
@chuord - yay for starting a new cycle...finally! I will be starting very soon too...we can be cycle-ish buddies.
@tinytina -what's going on for you?
@tracyamber - hi friend! How are you feeling? Thanks for still being such a support to us.

AFM: I took my last bcp yesterday! Well technically my second to last pill as my last pill is in the gravel at work somewhere haha. I dropped it the other day and called my re to see if I needed a new pack for one pill. the IVF coordinator just giggled at me. Soooo...hopefully I won't have any cysts and we will be on our way to FET in a few weeks. So exciting!
hope4light and tracyamber like this.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#197 of 437 Old 07-20-2014, 11:13 PM

Adie - I love that she giggled at you, we all take the instructions so seriously at least this cycle you're fet right? So no procedure just meds!
#198 of 437 Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. CD 8 here, waiting to O. Get to start doing the OPK's soon.

Had a crazy busy/wild weekend. Trying to get a lot done in preparation for getting pregnant/having a baby. I might be nesting already. Haha! Me and hubby had a date this weekend too- we went to watch the celebrations on the boardwalk Saturday night. Sunday was spent on an emergency visit to the vet for our biggest cat (urinary tract issues). He seems to be feeling better this morning.
@radiowave , hugs hun. Complain away. I wish I could tell you it will get better but I don't have a lot of experience with the medications. Hopefully some of the other ladies will have some advice.

Hi @tracyamber , glad you were able to speak directly to @radiowave .

Hi @chuord , I am having similar thoughts right now- the end goal of having a baby is key and I can handle anything else that comes my way right now. Sorry your hubby isn't home right now. Hope you can start cycle #3 soon. I feel like I have learnt a lot about how strong I am since I started this journey too. I know my journey is relatively short too.

Super exciting @adiejan , hope you have no cysts left

#199 of 437 Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 AM

I read more than I post. @adiejan
So excited for you!!!!!! Finally! Been waiting FOREVER!!
@ tinytina
Sounds like everything is still moving in the right direction! @chuord
When you you most likely cycle? Before October then? @radiowave
Hope you feeling a bit more in control!
#200 of 437 Old 07-21-2014, 01:53 PM

Tina - just because you're not doing a super medicated cycle, doesn't mean it's been an easy journey - feel proud at how well you two have coped with your setbacks. Everyone has their own path and challenges... Lol here's hoping mines almost to the door already!
Tracy - I've got an appointment this morning cd3 so maybe this cycle... I just want to get it done!
#201 of 437 Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 PM

Woohoo - he's counting today as cd2 and I am on ivf gonal f 162
I feel soo ready and excited to get this done - bring me my baby lol!
Tina could you please add me to ivf waiting to o? Thanks
How's your excitement going?
Everyone please drop us an update both pg and fertility ladies, we miss you!

#202 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 AM

@chuord So glad for your new cycle. Come on baby!
@Adie jen what is your plan for this cycle? ( I may have missed something)
@kewpie80 how are you feeling?
@tinytina fingers crossed for you!
@tracyamber anything new with you?
good luck and love to all of you here.

I think my body is acclimating to the progesterone. While I still have the dizziness, exhaustion, headaches and cramping and other side effects, they are definitely not as bad as they were just a few days ago. I am 6 dpo and my blood test is on the 31st. I am assuming it will be negative, and thinking about the IVF process. I will be home testing beginning on the 25th or 26th, though How early do you like to start testing? I have trouble waiting!
Do they like to do any specific things to prep for IVF before the cycle, or is it possible that we could do it next time?

Longing for our rainbow
#203 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Woohoo - he's counting today as cd2 and I am on ivf gonal f 162
I feel soo ready and excited to get this done - bring me my baby lol!
Tina could you please add me to ivf waiting to o? Thanks
How's your excitement going?
Everyone please drop us an update both pg and fertility ladies, we miss you!
I so can't wait for you to get pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#204 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 AM

@radiowave
Prepping for IVF humm,
Current pap and physical
Hysteroscopy
Semen analysis( usually several)
Birth control pills for usually a month then menses then BCPs again
Baby aspirin
After that it all depends on the clinic on medication
I think you could cycle easily in a couple months.
I hope you won't have to though. , and get you bfp from this cycle!!
#205 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
@radiowave
Prepping for IVF humm,
Current pap and physical
Hysteroscopy
Semen analysis( usually several)
Birth control pills for usually a month then menses then BCPs again
Baby aspirin
After that it all depends on the clinic on medication
I think you could cycle easily in a couple months.
I hope you won't have to though. , and get you bfp from this cycle!!
2 months of BCPs??? Ack! So that would mean not doing an IVF cycle until October! In the past BCPs have always made my depression worse. I am worried about this. I need to be able to be good mother to the daughter I have.

Longing for our rainbow
#206 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Definitely trying to distract myself with projects around the house, I am not the most patient of people.

Thanks @tracyamber , just counting the days until we start using the OPK's- decided to start them a day early so I will start them tomorrow.
This is going to go really quick. Once I get a positive, the next day is our IUI procedure.

I actually started my blog again about this journey. I am definitely trying to record some of my thoughts, feelings, fears, and excitement. Thanks for reassuring me that my journey is still a valid journey @chuord . I agree I miss everyone too, so quiet in here now. I am actually really excited. I just want to do it already. I am so ready, I want to experience a positive pregnancy..... Glad you are moving forward dear.

Thanks @radiowave , glad you are feeling a bit better dear.

Just for example, when we were discussing IVF my clinic wanted blood work- CD 3, 7, 21, a current pap, breast exam, and a mock (trial run- a scope).

Hugs @radiowave , I hope you can find a good solution for you. Fingers crossed for a positive test.

#207 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please note any changes in Bold please!

#208 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 08:58 AM

@radiowave , not for two months but this is part of how REs can regulate your cycle. I know, BCPs made me wacky, but there are loestrin BCPs that I took and they are not quite as bad. I always got on the lowest possible dose.
#209 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
@radiowave , not for two months but this is part of how REs can regulate your cycle. I know, BCPs made me wacky, but there are loestrin BCPs that I took and they are not quite as bad. I always got on the lowest possible dose.
For my IVF cycle we didn't use BCP, it was something injectable...I can't remember quite what at the moment, and only 1 month. I felt "off" for most of the month, but it wasn't too bad.
#210 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
For my IVF cycle we didn't use BCP, it was something injectable...I can't remember quite what at the moment, and only 1 month. I felt "off" for most of the month, but it wasn't too bad.
radiowave likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page