Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Here is a good time line
http://thefertilityblogs.com/trying-...timeline/1564/
radiowave likes this.
#212 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Radio wave, I never had to do bcps for my IVF cycle. I did lupron injections at the end of the previous cycle then started in with IVF drugs. I think it depends on your re, and many use bcps to link you with a schedule that is convenient to them. I told mine that bcps weren't an option because go my mental health. Hope that helps! Waiting to start is so hard! I did acupuncture and chose to see the time as prepping my body. Who knows if it helped, but it kept me sane.
radiowave likes this.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#213 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
@Tear78
I read that some don't use BCPs if a woman has low ovarian reserve. I don't know. I wish I could have told my RE not to put me on BCPs because they drove me crazy. I did manage to not get put on lupron my 3rd cycle so I was able to avoid migraines.
I like your point about prepping your body. I totally agree. I looked at the space between as prepping and I too did acupuncture, and did a lot of diet changes so that I produced healthy eggs, it's important. The cool thing is prepping for my pregnancy in 2010 made me revamp my diet in general so every cycle after that I was like" I'm cool,I'm already eating my best and drinking tons of water and loving my almonds and almost all organic" so I did not feel like I had to make any big changes ..... Except the coffee
I love this thread ( so supportive) and I love all you guys and I can't wait to see you all on the graduate thread
tinytina and radiowave like this.
#214 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Thanks Tracy! I'm so hopeful of at least getting to the egg harvest stage this time
Tina - woohoo, every step feels like a move in the right direction!
Radiowave - it seems to depend on the clinic and doc, we also got the semen analysis done and the hysteroscopy (dye test to check for open tubes) I chose to try an iui first, but on day 2 of the next cycle I said to him I want to do ivf - my ultrasound that day showed everything normal and I started injections that day... Also on my months off he suggested bcp's but he chose not to use them because my ovaries were still swollen... So we just let my cycle run naturally - I was even allowed to 'try' naturally while waiting. The key is to work out what you want to do and let them know. The only difference being on the bcp's would be knowing exactly when your next cycle starts, and it's never caused me a problem not knowing. Now I get my meds through the clinic (bulk billed) but I know some of the ladies in US get there's online to save $, just make sure you know what to get and have them before cd3 - but you can talk that through at your next appointment. I also found ringing the clinic to ask stuff is great - they love answering questions as it helps make the journey smoother.
Lol I even negotiated which meds I was comfortable giving myself this week while dh is away - clexhane is the one I'm not doing, but he said we can ignore cetrotide till Monday too
Radiowave - the best thing I've learnt from here is to remember they are the expert - but it's YOUR journey and your money, do you really do get to suggest or try things the way you prefer (within reason) I'd give the clinic a call and ask how long it's likely to be etc.
radiowave and adiejan like this.
#215 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 08:14 PM

@chuord
Are you eating lots of protein???
#216 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 PM

Tracy - I generally eat a fair bit, protein shake for breaky, eggs or meat with lunch and dinner... Why? Is there a pregnancy trick I don't know
I'm finding if I have dairy my saliva and everything gets thick and yucky so avoiding that...
What did you do re diet?

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#217 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 09:06 PM

@chuord
Then staying away from dairy sounds like a good idea!
In 2010 when I was cycling to get my eggs I ate lots of almond butter, boiled eggs, brown rice, barley, seaweed, yams and fruit. I also made sure I ate lots of fiber, fiber , fiber because as you know some of the medication= constipation , and water
I also did lots of accupunture.
You sound like you are doing everything right though and I know you will get to the retrieval and they will get many eggs!!
#218 of 437 Old 07-22-2014, 11:25 PM

Thanks! I'll make sure I keep it up and the fibre... After all it's not a permanent thing! I also find that i need to go with gMO free foods (organic is the only way I know to ensure it) otherwise the chemicals throw my hormones out and stuff doesn't happen correctly... Day two of meds and my ovaries feel like they're working!

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#219 of 437 Old 07-23-2014, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Following along! Loving all the advice about a diet. Still no AF for me. Don't know what is going on since normally I a start two days after no birth control. Now it has been five.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#220 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 01:03 AM

That's strange aidie, maybe your uterus is on holiday
I've done 3 days of injections... Lol so proud as I've been doing them myself... Already a little tender.
When you start your cycle do you need to take meds?

#221 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Glad the forum is back up today. I couldn't get the page to load yesterday at all

AFM: Negative OPK this morning. Today was CD 11

Hi @tracyamber - what diet changes would you suggest/recommend?

Hi @Autumnlaughing

Hi @Tear78

Hi @chuord , I keep trying to think that way- one step at a time....one step closer.... So proud of you and your injections.

Any diet ideas for doing an IUI/conception/implantation etc? So nervous....

Sorry to hear AF hasn't found you yet @adiejan

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#222 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
That's strange aidie, maybe your uterus is on holiday
I've done 3 days of injections... Lol so proud as I've been doing them myself... Already a little tender.
When you start your cycle do you need to take meds?
Good job injecting yourself!!! I did it my last cycle since hubs was away a lot. It is hard! 1-2-3...I mean 4 maybe 5 ok...now! Haha! Once I start I will do a baseline u/s then estrogen patches. Just excited to get the ball rolling!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#223 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 02:08 PM

Tina - apparently a few people have had issues, I didn't but it was lonely here yesterday lol. I don't know any food for an iui - probably healthy and high in protein again...
Adie - that sounds pretty good, low level meds... But obviously they need to tweak your cycle slightly to get it to receive the blast - Tracy did you have to take more on your donor cycle than a normal fet? Also sweetie can you remind me when to do the pineapple core? When is your next scan?
#224 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
@adiejan - Just curious, what's the plan with your frosties? Will they defrost them all and grow them out? What day are they thinking or will that just depend in how they're doing?

To all: I'm always reading along and cheering you guys on! Good luck everyone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#225 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi,
How is everyone today?
Quick question. I started on the progesterone suppositories a week ago (the day after my iui). The first few days were rough, but then I seemed to acclimate. And then today it got really bad again..worse than it had been on first few days. So dizzy, foggy, nauseated, hands shaking etc. What I'm wondering is whether this could be a sign that I am pregnant…that maybe now that my body has started producing its own progesterone, the side effects are worse? What do you think? I want to take a hpt tomorrow morning, but I am concerned that the trigger shot from last week could cause a false positive...

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#226 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Tina - apparently a few people have had issues, I didn't but it was lonely here yesterday lol. I don't know any food for an iui - probably healthy and high in protein again...
Adie - that sounds pretty good, low level meds... But obviously they need to tweak your cycle slightly to get it to receive the blast - Tracy did you have to take more on your donor cycle than a normal fet? Also sweetie can you remind me when to do the pineapple core? When is your next scan?
My cycle was similar to a FET as my eggs were not being retrieved.
Yes, I did cut up a pineapple took the core and divided it in 4ths. It's a bromeliad and can help with implantation. I have done it every cycle so if I didn't do it this cycle I didn't want to jinx anything. Anyway, my cycle was a 5 day so I ate a piece every day including the day of transfer.
I have a doctors appointment in 2 weeks but I do not know if I will have a scan, I imagine I would though.
#227 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
Hi,
How is everyone today?
Quick question. I started on the progesterone suppositories a week ago (the day after my iui). The first few days were rough, but then I seemed to acclimate. And then today it got really bad again..worse than it had been on first few days. So dizzy, foggy, nauseated, hands shaking etc. What I'm wondering is whether this could be a sign that I am pregnant…that maybe now that my body has started producing its own progesterone, the side effects are worse? What do you think? I want to take a hpt tomorrow morning, but I am concerned that the trigger shot from last week could cause a false positive...
Yeah I dunno. @Xerxella might know about testing out a trigger.
#228 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
@radiowave - It always took me about 10 - 12 days to work out the trigger. So, 8-10 dpo. Your mileage may vary.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#229 of 437 Old 07-24-2014, 11:46 PM

Thanks Tracy - so you eat it before transfer and on the day of transfer? I just started on transfer day last time - whoops!
Xerxella - great to see you here too I follow you all on the grad thread but don't feel I can comment... Lol maybe I don't want to jinx myself. Are you actually relaxing into everything being alright? Tracy are you? I miss you two being here all the time
Radio - just do the best you can, if it's incredibly bad ask your doc for bloods to check the progesterone level - if it is really high then maybe he'll let you wean off a bit.

Afm day 4 injections, nothing exciting just that slow increase of tenderness and slight irritability. Been out 'pimping' my husband lol (dropping off referral pads to dental practices) sales is hard work not my thing at all
Anything new?

#230 of 437 Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

AFM: No positive OPK but the line was darker today than yesterday.
Tomorrow we are going to a mutual friend's wedding.

Hi @adiejan

Hi @chuord , I think I am just looking for anything I can control.

Thanks for stopping by @Xerxella , how are you doing?

Wish I had some advice for you @radiowave , have you called your doctor?

Hi @tracyamber , thanks for the good advice about the pineapple core

Hi everyone!

#231 of 437 Old 07-25-2014, 08:12 AM

No, I ate pineapple core starting the day of a 5 day transfer . Then the next day,next day,and next. 0
chuord likes this.
#232 of 437 Old 07-26-2014, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 13. Another negative OPK this morning. Trying to stay positive but finding it a bit difficult.

#233 of 437 Old 07-26-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 13. Another negative OPK this morning. Trying to stay positive but finding it a bit difficult.
Don't lose hope. In my experience the day that I started crying and losing hope I would get a positive opk lol. It will happen before you know it.
#234 of 437 Old 07-26-2014, 02:23 PM

I'm with alivewithyou Tina... Try and stay relaxed, if the opk gets darker but you can't tell it's positive - ask them for a blood test... Over monitoring will be less stressful for you... Did you end up with an idea of what day you o? My regular is day 19, trust it's going to happen xxxx

#235 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
@adiejan - Just curious, what's the plan with your frosties? Will they defrost them all and grow them out? What day are they thinking or will that just depend in how they're doing?

To all: I'm always reading along and cheering you guys on! Good luck everyone!!!!

Hi @Xerxella ! It looks like we will thaw 4 and see how they progress and then decide what to do from there. He said we could do a 3 or 5 day transfer. I am kind of miffed that they put 4 in one straw and 1 in the other. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm just glad we have some!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#236 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 AM

@tinytina - I'm sorry the opk isn't coming along. Did you catch your o last month? Are you testing twice a day? I wonder if you should try that.
@chuord - your 'pimping' cracked me up!! How are those injections coming along love? What are you doing this time?
@tracyamber -ok...so isn't the core hard to eat?

AFM: going ahead with FET this cycle! Yay! I'm on estrogen patches. Has anyone had them before? I'm feeling quite emotional but not sure if it's AF or the patches or both haha! My sister had her baby on Friday. She is beautiful! I'm so happy and love being an aunt but just praying I'll be next on the mommy train!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#237 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 14 and I got 2 positive OPK today! Super excited and nervous all at the same time. Called the clinic and we have an appointment for 12:15 tomorrow for our insemination procedure!!!

Thanks @alivewithyou and @chuord

Yeah @adiejan glad you can do a cycle this month too! I never did figure out when I O'd last month (this will be our first month trying IUI). I had a faulty test this morning, so I tested again 2 hours later and got a positive. Got hubby to check too. LOL! So we decided to try another test 2 hours later and it looked just as dark so we are feeling pretty confident about it.
radiowave and Xerxella like this.

#238 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Ok back from appointment - all good! I'm actually stimming faster than I did on a higher amount of fsh... There's around 14 follicles (one 15, a few at 14, and a few smaller) and I'm going in on Wednesday to check, but likely collection on Friday - seems soo fast I'm grinning like an idiot - soo happy with my body and ovaries right now lol.
For anyone who like numbers, first successful (retrieval) cycle I took 187.5 gonal f, this time same med but only 162.5 and retrieval will likely be a day earlier this cycle... On the cetritide now - yay I don't want to lose any of those follicles.
Adie, Tina, radio, Oxford - any news?
radiowave and Xerxella like this.
#239 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 14 and I got 2 positive OPK today! Super excited and nervous all at the same time. Called the clinic and we have an appointment for 12:15 tomorrow for our insemination procedure!!!

Thanks @alivewithyou and @chuord

Yeah @adiejan glad you can do a cycle this month too! I never did figure out when I O'd last month (this will be our first month trying IUI). I had a faulty test this morning, so I tested again 2 hours later and got a positive. Got hubby to check too. LOL! So we decided to try another test 2 hours later and it looked just as dark so we are feeling pretty confident about it.
Yay!! So excited for you! Good luck tomorrow!
tinytina likes this.

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#240 of 437 Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 PM

Tina - we must've crossed posts, that is great news!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!
tinytina likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page