Nursing Toddler causing annovulatory cycles, clomid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-24-2014, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nursing Toddler causing annovulatory cycles, clomid?

My 20 mo nurses on demand (about 6 times per 24 hours) and I'm not at all ready to wean at this point-long journey to get here! I have been temping and charting the past few months and have had irregular cycles with several days of positive fertility signs (positive opks, cm, cp, etc) followed by my period and no change in temp that would indicate O. I'm researching and considering a low dose of clomid to nudge my body into Oing. We are not TTC yet but hopefully in a few months. We have to use donor sperm due to dh's low count and got dd with an at home IUI So we want to be sure I will O or it will be throwing $750 away. I am wondering if anyone has any insight on using clomid when it appears your body is trying to O but not quite there. Or any other suggestions that don't involve weaning at this time.
#2 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses yet. I am bumping this up for more attention! You may also want to join the Nursing Mothers TTC thread. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 08-02-2014, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Just some thoughts.

Clomid is actually a pretty strong drug. You really can't use it multiple months in a row. It is known to dry out your cervical mucous and thin your lining. With poor cervical mucous, a home insemination has a poor chance if working. A standard IUI bypasses the cervical mucous, so has a better chance.

Your best option would be to contact an RE and discuss your options. They can test your prolactin levels, too, to see if the nursing is even causing the problems.

Good luck.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#4 of 5 Old 08-02-2014, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I know someone whose motto is that an ultrasound to confirm you are about to ovulate is cheaper than a vile of sperm. Can't hurt to confirm you are ovulating and save some money. A trigger shot can help you ovulate too if you are producing follicles.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for the thoughts. I know all that about clomid. Unfortunately at this time we can't afford appointments with an RE as we would have to pay everything out of pocket. We are considering using clomid on our own, which I know many people consider dangerous but we also do other things considered dangerous to many (at home IUI, free birth, etc). It looks like I need to do some more research. Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page