The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Fall 2014 - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  11  ... Last
Infertility > The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Fall 2014
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 08:46 AM 09-01-2014
The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Fall 2014

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who struggle with infertility or challenges becoming pregnant. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To keep the list up to date, please bold your status when you want it updated!

IVF/FET Waiting to O

IUI/Waiting to O

Donor Eggs
XXX

IVF/Waiting to Know

IUI/Waiting to Know

IVF/IUI/Other Treatments
lrex99
girlspn
treehugger86 ~ICSI with FET

Waiting after Loss

Waiting after Failed IVF

Waiting to O
tifga

Waiting to Know (2WW)

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
XX

Waiting to be Ready
tinytina
Devilish

radiowave?

GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's
oxford

October BFP's
LittleKind

August BFP's
adiejan
chuord

June BFP's
Kewpie80
Tracyamber
iixivboots
alivewithyou

May BFP's
shelley4
Xerxella

April BFP's
NaturallyMo

March BFP's
mainebaby (IVF)
Autumnlaughing

February BFP's
Alivewithyou

Taking a break
XXX

tinytina's Avatar tinytina 09:07 AM 09-01-2014
Hi everyone,

Just hanging out right now everyone, trying not to over-think things. Got lots of cleaning done yesterday.

Hi @adiejan , thanks hun. I am definitely trying to stay in a positive mindset.

Hi and welcome @treehugger86 , the mental health issues surrounding infertility issues is for me the most difficult aspect. I can only imagine that needing to wean off of your medication is a big concern.

Hi @tracyamber

Hi and thanks @chuord

Hi @radiowave
radiowave's Avatar radiowave 09:23 AM 09-01-2014
Hi,
Yes; @tracyamber , IVF not IUI! Rescue ICSI websites were helpful, thanks!

Hi, everyone!
I am on day 1 of my IVF cycle. Had bloodwork and ultrasound this morning. Hoping that all is well…they will call this afternoon. Tomorrow morning is my injection class.

So, wondering what kind of side effects people here have had from IVF stim meds, and how you handled them.

Aimee
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 10:48 AM 09-01-2014
@tinytina
I did not see chourd in graduates. Maybe I missed it.
Thinking about you on your tww. Are you doing plenty of things to keep you distracted??

Wow, can't believe we are moving to Fall already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Xerxella's Avatar Xerxella 11:02 AM 09-01-2014
Subbing. :corn Someone got to keep an eye on you guys.
chuord's Avatar chuord 03:13 PM 09-01-2014
Lol Tracy I just realized that too! Oops! Can't bold on phone either...
Radio - just remember to take each day as it comes, be gentle to yourself - tell dh to be gentle too and accept that you might be a little more emotional than normal, I also found my skin got a bit tender, also expect your ovaries to feel like full bunches of grapes - there's a lot of growth in a short period, but essentially it really does move quickly. Make yourself a few easier meals for the few days after retrieval. I find it's best to not be doing huge amounts of work between trigger and retrieval as you are ripening and a little sore. Good luck!
Xerxella - lol!!!
Tina - what distractions have you got going this month?
treehugger86's Avatar treehugger86 04:36 PM 09-01-2014
All of your words have been helpful. I am starting to feel less alone. Thank you. I don't have a lot of experience to share, but I will keep poking my head in. It is a waiting game for me, now, because I cannot predict my next cycle. I will then start the birth control, and I am certain you will be hearing fro me. I have never done well on birth control.
radiowave's Avatar radiowave 05:53 PM 09-01-2014
Hi, just need to vent for a second. Got a message from my clinic and based on this morning's blood test my estrogen is too high at 163…they said they like it to be 50 or less…so they want me to keep taking the birth control pills for three more days and then come in for more blood tests. Oh, and they found a small cyst. I don't understand. I have never had too high estrogen before; couldn't it be BECAUSE of being on the pill? Anyway, does this mean my whole cycle is off? I really can't come in the day they want me to…my first day of work (with kids at school) and my daughter's first day at a new school that she is a complete wreck about. Dammit. I am worried that this whole thing is going to get screwed up.
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 06:22 PM 09-01-2014
radiowave, that is really stressful. I don't understand how hormones and birth control work. Hope you're not out this cycle.
Treehugger, nice to meet you!

AFM, nothing going on, fertility wise. Probably a few days till ovulation but who is counting, right? I DID manage to finish my son's slippers for school. Knit, felted, stitched, and put little dinosaurs on the soles with puffy paint to they'll be non-slip. He starts school tomorrow so I got a half day sub so I could go along with my husband on our son's first day.
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 07:29 PM 09-01-2014
@radiowave
Hugs
This journey is not easy and it can be really hard to predict. They give you a assumed calendar but everything has to be lined up right. Many of us who have done IVF have been in the same situation where we got a blood test back with results not optimal. Then you just have to wait until the numbers are right and you can be moved on. Sorry sorry and hugs. One time I had to be on birthcontrol pills for 2 months and I just about went crazier. I say crazier cause once you begin this journey you have to be a bit crazy and brave too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
adiejan's Avatar adiejan 08:52 PM 09-01-2014
@radiowave -that does suck! One thing I learned through IVF is not to plan anything!! My first cycle I thought I could predict dates...no such luck. They really want to make sure things are optimal for your body before proceeding. I hope you still get to go with this cycle. I am sure they are having you do a few more days of bcp to try to get that cyst and subsequently estrogen down. So sorry about the disappointment! If there is one lesson I've has to learn it's that we have no control in this stuff and that is super hard! Hugs my dear!
chuord's Avatar chuord 01:07 AM 09-02-2014
Radio - ditto on Tracy and adie! Hugs! The other thing is you have one chance at this, I think it's great your doc is going for optimal so as not to waste your chance... It does suck though! My cancelled cycle was the month that felt like everyone got their BFF, you just have to know that your time is coming xxx
Tree hugger - lol we've all been the clueless person at the start, this is like one large vat of info, we got taught by people who have probably graduated and you may never 'meet' and then the cycle continues... It's like the female wisdom of a village shared over the internet at some stage it'll be your turn to share it.

Btw had my scan today, two heartbeats... Still quite slow so another scan next week to confirm everything... Hold your courage ladies - watching the heartbeats fluttering makes all these fake hormones seem soo easy, you can do it!
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 06:16 AM 09-02-2014
Hi everyone,

Still hanging out, trying to keep myself busy. Got lots of errands to run today. Class starts on Thursday. We are hoping to go a local zoo this week and maybe the aquarium. Yesterday a mutual friend came over for a visit and then we went out for ice cream and a drive after supper.

Best of luck this cycle @radiowave . Hope your bloodwork and ultrasound went well. Oh no hun, sorry things are going all crazy and stressful dear.

I know I am not ready for fall either @tracyamber . I definitely need a few more plans to distract myself this week.

Thanks for keeping an eye on us @Xerxella .

I can definitely move you @chuord . Amazing news hun.

Definitely stick around @treehugger86 , I definitely find myself feeling alone during this process and it is difficult

Glad you got the slippers finished @LittleKind , hope you ovulate soon

Hi @adiejan , how are you doing?
hope4light's Avatar hope4light 07:00 AM 09-02-2014
chuord - I knew it :-)

otherwise, subbing.....
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 03:46 PM 09-02-2014
what wonderful news, Chuord!!
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 06:14 AM 09-03-2014
Hi everyone,

Today is 5 days post ovulation. Still trucking a long. No real symptoms yet. Trying not to over-think or worry about it all.

Hi @hope4light and @LittleKind
adiejan's Avatar adiejan 02:14 PM 09-03-2014
@tinytina - I think it's so hard not to overthink everything in the 2ww. It looks like you're staying busy though. You are always doing fun stuff.
adiejan's Avatar adiejan 02:15 PM 09-03-2014
@radiowave -any news on starting your cycle?
radiowave's Avatar radiowave 03:37 PM 09-03-2014
@adiejan I am going in tomorrow for another blood test and ultrasound to see if the cyst has gotten smaller and if my estrogen levels are down. If not, I believe they will schedule the procedure to aspirate the cyst. I am not sure if that would mean I was out for this month or not. I am hoping things will be set for me to get started on my stims soon. Have you gotten your betas? Any guesses on how many guys you have in there???
chuord's Avatar chuord 03:43 PM 09-03-2014
Radio - depends on the type and size of the cyst as to whether they'll continue, right from the start I've had a 2-4.5cm cyst that hung around - they aspirated it during the first ivf retrieval and it came back. I have faith it'll disappear in it's own time. If it's just fluid ask them if they're happy to just continue and aspirated at collection. Fx your estrogen is lower! Are you on an estrogen bcp? If so maybe point that out too?
Tina - fx for you on a sticky one and also staying busy. Your dh is an emotional rock and am sure he's helping keep you distracted
Littlekind - thank you! How's life going?
Hope4light lol! There were a few hints right?
radiowave's Avatar radiowave 11:19 AM 09-04-2014
At today's ultrasound the cyst was 19 mm (or cm???) …had grown. And they found another one, a "complex" one. Looks likely I will have the simple cyst aspirated tomorrow so that I can start stims on Monday. I don't know what they do about the "complex" one. I should find out by late afternoon.

How is everyone today?
chuord's Avatar chuord 03:37 PM 09-04-2014
Radio - that sounds like a fair compromise... Remember they want this to work for you too xxx
radiowave's Avatar radiowave 04:21 PM 09-04-2014
Yeah. Having the aspiration monday or tuesday, starting stims on Thursday, just one week behind schedule. Apparently my estrogen level is above 300…could that have something to do with the fact that I have turned into a tearful and angry lunatic???
Oh, and they said they won't do anything about the complex cyst which is pretty small.
chuord's Avatar chuord 06:04 PM 09-04-2014
Radio - I'm sure it is why you're so emotional, remember one day at a time and just be gentle...
adiejan's Avatar adiejan 07:21 PM 09-04-2014
@radiowave -are you feeling alright with that plan? Make sure you feel like you are doing what feels right to you too. Hugs and I hope the stims aren't too hard on you! What will they do to aspirate it? Is it kind of like an egg retrieval?

@tinytina - How are you my dear? How are you feeling?
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 06:19 AM 09-05-2014
Hi everyone,

AFM: I actually got a job interview for today- it would be a really great opportunity. It is teaching adults who are going back trying to get their high school diploma. Fingers crossed please.
Yesterday we went to a small local zoo/animal rescue.
Today we are going to a hot air balloon festival.
Also my last Master's class started yesterday.

Also my blood test is next Friday. Haven't seen any real symptoms of being pregnant in the last week- last month I did. So I am really not sure what to think at this point. Getting really anxious/nervous about it. I had about an hour's worth of cramping on Wednesday and that was it.

Thanks @adiejan

Hope your estrogen has lowered and that the cyst is smaller @radiowave . Sorry things are so complicated right now. Gentle hugs right now.

Thanks @chuord . Hope you are doing well.

Hi everyone else!
tifga's Avatar tifga 10:19 AM 09-05-2014
Good luck at your job interview tina!
adiejan's Avatar adiejan 05:26 PM 09-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi everyone,

AFM: I actually got a job interview for today- it would be a really great opportunity. It is teaching adults who are going back trying to get their high school diploma. Fingers crossed please.
Yesterday we went to a small local zoo/animal rescue.
Today we are going to a hot air balloon festival.
Also my last Master's class started yesterday.

Also my blood test is next Friday. Haven't seen any real symptoms of being pregnant in the last week- last month I did. So I am really not sure what to think at this point. Getting really anxious/nervous about it. I had about an hour's worth of cramping on Wednesday and that was it.

Thanks @adiejan

Hope your estrogen has lowered and that the cyst is smaller @radiowave . Sorry things are so complicated right now. Gentle hugs right now.

Thanks @chuord . Hope you are doing well.

Hi everyone else!
@tinytina -good luck at your interview!! Maybe the cramping was implantation?!? Fingers crossed for both!!
@tifga -how are you? Remind me are you doing an FET next?
chuord's Avatar chuord 05:43 PM 09-05-2014
Tina - fingers crossed, the job is so exciting!

Tifga - how are you going?

Little kind? Everyone goes so quiet! Lol

Adie -how many days till scan? I'm ready for it now lol... Btw you should join the April due date club for extra distraction...
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 06:03 AM 09-06-2014
Hi everyone,

AFM: Thanks, interview went well. Should hopefully get a 2nd interview. Had a great evening at the hot air balloon festival. No major plans for this weekend.

Thanks @tifga

Thanks @adiejan , still hoping it was implantation

Thanks @chuord

Hi everyone else!
1 2  3  11  ... Last

Up