The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Winter 2015 to 2016 - Mothering Forums

35Likes

#1 of 102 Old 12-22-2015, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Winter 2015 to 2016

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who struggle with infertility or challenges becoming pregnant. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

IVF/FET Waiting to O
Anna1979
Oceanspray
saharaviolet

IUI/Waiting to O

Donor Eggs/Embryos
mummabear13
Oceanspray

IVF/FET/IUI Waiting to Know
primapara
angeebaby

IVF/IUI/Other Treatments

Waiting after Loss

Waiting to O

Waiting to Know (2WW)
sunshynbaby

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting to be Ready
tinytina
lilacvioletiris
Xerxella

Taking a break

2015 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's
t2009 - Suzie MC

October BFP's
ascher21

September BFP's
devilish

January BFP's
treehugger86

2014 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's
oxford - SplashingPuddle

October BFP's
LittleKind

September BFP's
toothfairy2be

August BFP's
adiejan - chuord

June BFP's
Kewpie80 - Tracyamber - iixivboots - alivewithyou

May BFP's
shelley4 - Xerxella

April BFP's
NaturallyMo

March BFP's
mainebaby (IVF) - Autumnlaughing

February BFP's
Alivewithyou

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Oceanspray; 03-09-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 102 Old 12-22-2015, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

As always, if you want to be moved to a different area (I did my best to recall where everyone is at currently), or if your BFP (@t2009, I couldn't find yours on this thread) is in the wrong month, please bold your update in your post. Thanks! Let's get some Autumn/Winter 2016-2017 Babies conceived here soon!!

If I have missed someone who should be on this list, please let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 102 Old 12-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Posting to subscribe! I'm thinking this will get busier as the year matches on! Here's to GOOD busy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#4 of 102 Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Here to keep lurking and following to cheer everyone on!

Me: 35, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels). IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#5 of 102 Old 12-27-2015, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Hi @hope4light - thanks for cheering!!

#6 of 102 Old 12-27-2015, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

transfer in 2 days.... this has to be the one!!
Xerxella likes this.

#7 of 102 Old 12-27-2015, 09:40 PM

Good luck @Oceanspray

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#8 of 102 Old 12-27-2015, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks @Xerxella ! I am hoping that a full moon mid-cycle might be a good omen.... I haven't been on that schedule in years! Here's to my two little guys!!

#9 of 102 Old 12-28-2015, 02:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck oceanspray!! How exciting
I've been trying to post on here for weeks, but it keeps closing down with an error message.. Anyway my big news is the little final blast transfer has miraculously turned into twins! Very exciting, scary and awesome!
Hope everyone had a great Xmas and the new year is amazing for us all x
tinytina and Xerxella like this.

Fet November 2015 ...Expecting twins July 2016😍😍
Ivf 2012 .. BFP with little girl 😍
#10 of 102 Old 12-30-2015, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

@Suzie Mc - I am so happy for you! (you don't sound too worried, so I think you must be happy as I know I would be). Glad you can get on here again, too! All the best of health and calm energy to you and your newly growing babes now!

#11 of 102 Old 12-30-2015, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I should have mentioned, I had my transfer of my last little blast, already hatching yesterday. The other one didn't survive. But, I am happy with the one I have. I know there is a greater chance of mono zygotic twins in this situation, but I really just hope for a child at all. Happy New year to be!
Xerxella and Suzie Mc like this.

#12 of 102 Old 01-04-2016, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Just updating that I am 6dpt5dt. For some reason, I feel no need or wish to POAS. I also feel very calm and for the first time have been keeping busy doing other things and focusing on my first child completely. It feels very good. I have wishes, but somehow, don't have any expectations at the moment. I hope everyone else enjoyed a great slide into the new year!
malzimus and Xerxella like this.

#13 of 102 Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 PM

No POAS?!????! I don't understand! How's that possible? Lol

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#14 of 102 Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

I know, right? I have never felt that way before in my yeeeeearssssss of ttc.

Today, for most of the day I had something new happen: cramping pressure and mild queasiness (not nausea, but the kind you get during your early menstruation) in my pelvic area. And the odd shooting cramp here and there. For hours. I don't know what it means, but it's different. I know what I hope it means. At almost 12dpo, bilaminar disc formation will be happening today - huge.... and the yolk sac is developing and the amniotic sac begins to form slowly around baby. Also, implantation would be complete. ahhhh, the wonder of it all.

#15 of 102 Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Ocean spray - I can't believe how calm you sound! It's great to hear you chilling out and being positive good luck!!!
#16 of 102 Old 01-06-2016, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Suzie. What will be will be.

I thought about POAS this evening and then decided, no, I don't actually want to. Nor do I want to at 14dpo when my beta is. I just somehow don't want to sit and wait for that little window to show me something that I have no control over anyhow. So, I'm not doing it. Weird, but much more relaxing, true.

On 12dpo evening I had the slightest bit of pink when I wiped and on my pad - actually so little that I normally would have missed it if I weren't watching for anything different. It was very faint and not much, but it was there. It seems as if it could be implantation bleeding, and that gave me quite the little boost, though I am not getting my hopes up because of it. I have never had early blood before AF is due.... nor did I remember having IB in my last pregnancy, but I don't know if I would have noticed such a small amount back then anyway.

More tugs and minor cramping today but nothing too big.

It is kind of funny updating here, but it will also be nice to have a record to go back to if I am pregnant, later on.

Happy Thursday!!
DungeonQueen likes this.

#17 of 102 Old 01-07-2016, 01:39 PM

How long til your beta? I have no idea how you found this zen, but well done! I tested pretty early while I was waiting(like 7dpt) and I guess I got my positive so soon because it was twins in hindsight. All the signs look good for you, I had the same little bit of pink while I was peeing and talking to my best friend on the phone (yeah - gross, I know) so she got to hear me cheer for a wipe of blood! Lol Fingers are crossed for you!
#18 of 102 Old 01-10-2016, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Suzie. Sadly, it was not to be. I think it may have been a bit of IB (since I have never had that before) and the cramping and so on the two days before were also very new, but I am not pregnant. It's disappointing and a bit perplexing. However, I did not truly get my hopes up and that probably helps a bit.

Now the tough part is waiting several months before being able to move on. These things are sooooo slow when you just want to jump right back in. If I am lucky, March. Hopefully no later than April. Yuck.

I hope your pregnancy continues well and both little ones make it. That was always my dream, to have twins after my first child, as I want several more and not just one more if I am so fortunate. I also think that my dc had a twin that was reabsorbed early, or wasn't strong enough to continue, because the betas early on were quite high.

#19 of 102 Old 01-10-2016, 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear that, i know April seems so far away! I understand and agree with not getting your hopes up, and I truly hope you have great success next cycle x

Fet November 2015 ...Expecting twins July 2016😍😍
Ivf 2012 .. BFP with little girl 😍
#20 of 102 Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So sorry OceanSpray to hear it didn't work this time. It's such a hard road for those who continue trying despite numerous knock backs. We have just got to keep picking ourselves up and going again.
What will be your plan in March/April? I am also going to be in it again around that time so maybe together we can finally have success and change this threads luck.
#21 of 102 Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 420 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I am so sorry oceanspray! I hope you are taking some time to take care of you.

Me- 36
pcos DH- 37
no issues
TTC since December 2008 14 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013
IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP!
MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!

Identical Twin Girls!!
Born 3/27/15 at 35 weeks!
SURPRISE natural BFP- Girl! Born 5/13/16 at 38 weeks!
#22 of 102 Old 01-13-2016, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hey @adiejan ! How are you, girl? Nice siggie....nice to see you're "official" on MDC now! I hope you are feeling well and those girls aren't running you too ragged! thanks for checking in. Yes, a long road, as you know. (but for now, I get the glass of wine that I know you so wish you could have. )

Thanks @mummabear13 . I really do hope we can roll this together - I remember saying something like that in early December. Let's make it happen! Are you taking a donor route at this point or have you chosen something else first? My schedule is looking like (I hope, since I don't know for sure yet) a mock cycle (yuck, poor bodies with all those meds), then I hope straight into a real cycle using donor eggs. That puts me at around late March transfer. I assume they do fresh transfer, but I have no idea... maybe not. If not, then I guess I would have to wait for late April for the FET. So, that is the general plan. How about you?

Hey @tracyamber , I PMd you when you get around to it.

#23 of 102 Old 01-13-2016, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

@mumm bear13: Do you want to update your status at the thread beginning yet? If so, let me know to what.

#24 of 102 Old 01-14-2016, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
OceanSpray what do you do for a mock cycle? I have heard others talk about it but am completely in dark about what it means.
I have decided to just roll the dice with our own eggs & sperm & c if we have a change in luck am also changing Chinese medicine dr with more acupuncture & a high protein diet.
I'm on the list to receive donor embryos which is a bit of a wait but considering our main issue was sperm and now eggs we really need both.
#25 of 102 Old 01-14-2016, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Well I have never had to do a mock cycle until now. It is exactly what you would do for a regular transfer, but without the transfer. I have heard of other clinics requiring it for their own patients, so I guess I have been lucky never to have to do one before. The outside clinic requires it, not mine. It means slightly different meds, but really do the same thing. It is big for someone doing it new, but for me it is just same old, different name of injection They want to ensure that you react to the medication in terms of your hormonal response, lining, etc. I already know that I do, so we are just doing it because protocol requires it. I hate putting all these meds in my body without a purpose and this feels pointless. But I am willing to do it.
@mummabear13 : Good luck with your embie donation search - are you looking outside your own area? There is at least one person on this thread previously who used a donated embie and had a lovely child with it. Of course, good luck with your own, you never know when it just might all click.

#26 of 102 Old 01-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What kind of doctor should I see first, a fertility specialist or an OBGYN?

I'm 39 days in this cycle (I usually get my period around day 24), but everything is coming up negative right now (waiting on blood test results from my regular doctor). I am also spotting today like my period might be coming. After/if that happens, I want to make an appointment somewhere. I will be 40 in June, and I feel like we may be fertility challenged. We have been trying on and off since last April (off some months due to business travel and my spouse's surgery). I also think my husband may need to be checked because his sperm may be low due hernia repairs he had as a child and last year. Should I go straight to a fertility specialist and try to take my hubby along? Or a family OBGYN for just me first?

Thanks for listening!

Peacefully married for ten years with one child (2009), one mutt and one entitled cat.
#27 of 102 Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM

@sunshynbaby - Honestly, at 40 years old, I would head directly to a fertility clinic. You can make the appointment for you first and they'll set everything up for your DH to get tested later.

Good luck.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#28 of 102 Old 01-15-2016, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well, staying positive and hopeful, and had some good holidays!

Well I was MIA due to a super busy holiday time where I was endlessly sick, yuck! Of course I also has plenty of time off scheduled, so much for relaxation!

Well my foster license was approved at the start of Decmeber, but they had me counting on the end of January and I subsequently made plans, so I didn't have them activate it yet. My girlfriend also moved in and we needed to get her finger printing and background check completed. They are processing all of that now.

So in the next few weeks I will receive my first foster placement! I'm actually so anxious (in an impatient sense) that I have become a bit of a grumpy butt! I guess I feel like I stepped back from the ttc to accept this route and hate that I still have to wait, even though it was self imposed. It's just a few more weeks and I know I should be "enjoying" the time, but quite frankly, I'm over it.

Oceanspray - I am really sorry your cycle did not work out. And really annoyed that you have to do a mock cycle! (I guess I'm just annoyed lately hah).

Thank you for updating my status I believe I will get my foster baby in Feb! Seems too good to be true!

I am still up in the air about ivf, I will see how I feel after the new little one arrives
#29 of 102 Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

I agree with @Xerxella , @sunshynbaby , straight to a fertility clinic. The wait list could be long, too, so get in as soon as you can. You can always cancel appointments, but you will be disappointed if you have to wait a long time expecting it to be quick. All the best, and it is best to get the tests done now to know if your dh's fertility is also an issue - yours probably is anyway, at your age.

@angeebaby : nice update, and I am glad you are settling into your relationship a bit more. Stability will be so important for when the little one comes. I am still so excited for you!! Jump in here when you know what is happening and who you get! (as in, age and date). Try to see these next few weeks as "a holiday from parenting", as you may never get that break ever ever again..... haha!

#30 of 102 Old 01-20-2016, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I'm waiting to start my Superfact on Sunday so we can move forward with our FET in February. I hate waiting around but at the same time I know that this is all part of the process. I'm going to go and pick up my meds later today so maybe that will make it feel like we are moving forward. I'm hoping that a new year means a new start and an end to our fertility struggles.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page