DH doesn't want to do IUI/treatment - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anna1979

#1 of 5 Old 02-25-2016, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH doesn't want to do IUI/treatment

The past nine months DH & I have gone through fertility testing. All seems fine with me; he has low sperm count (15 million). Next step is IUI, but DH doesn't want to do it. Reasons he cites are: spending $ with no guarantee, the 'awkwardness' of the process, and having been through so much already. Really!? I'm so frustrated- we can't stop now! He says he'll think about it. Anyone else been faced with a partner unwilling to undergo treatment after testing?

Last edited by fam4him; 02-25-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-25-2016, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I'm so sorry you're going through this. for us we were both on board with doing whatever it took to have a baby. My only suggestion would be to ask him if the roles were reversed and the problem was with you would his decision be different. In terms of the "awkwardness" of the process I don't have much sympathy at all. My DH has complained about that in the past but shuts up pretty quick when I remind him of how invasive some of the test I've had have been compared to masturbating into a cup.
pokeyac likes this.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#3 of 5 Old 03-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Oh that sounds so frustrating. My DH had some problems also with feeling uncomfortable so we decided to do his part together at home and then take his samples to the clinic which was about 15mins away. But the clinic also had no problems with me joining him in their rooms to provide samples. So maybe that might work for you guys or at least make him willing to endure it. I hope it works out and he changes his mind.

Blissfully married to the werewolf of my dreams.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mother to:15 yo DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
11 yo DS, 5 yo DS
and our Angels
6/14,
5/15,
7/15,
9/15,
1/16
#4 of 5 Old 09-13-2016, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that it is pricey but you could use not iui but something more effective like ivf or even icsi, yes it is more expensive but the chances of getting pregnant are much higher than with the iui. Also it is not like you have a choice I assume, and in order to get pregnant you would have to use fertility tx services. Why would he even think?
My dh and I decided on the tx very quickly and we also are not the richest couple in the world but yet we want to have kids too..
He needs to understand that there is nothing awkward or shameful about giving his sperm in a cup. A lot of men do it and feel totally fine. (I suppose)
#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2016, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny Clovver View Post
I agree that it is pricey but you could use not iui but something more effective like ivf or even icsi, yes it is more expensive but the chances of getting pregnant are much higher than with the iui. Also it is not like you have a choice I assume, and in order to get pregnant you would have to use fertility tx services. Why would he even think?
My dh and I decided on the tx very quickly and we also are not the richest couple in the world but yet we want to have kids too..
He needs to understand that there is nothing awkward or shameful about giving his sperm in a cup. A lot of men do it and feel totally fine. (I suppose)

icsi ivf needs much more funds to cover all the procedures. I think trying iui first is a better idea. if it doesn't work, they may proceed with icsi ivf. sure, it has much more efficiency.
also, it'd be great for your dh to keep special diet that helps improve sperm quality, and also quit all bad habits like smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages and even coffee. believe me it also helps. also, vitamins are prescribed. his dx is not a verdict. I'm sure it'll work even without ivf however a lot of efforts from your side are required

Tags
Infertility , iui

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page