The Fertility Challenged Thread Spring 2016 (April-June) - Mothering Forums

36Likes

#1 of 99 Old 04-04-2016, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
The Fertility Challenged Thread Spring 2016 (April-June)

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who struggle with infertility or challenges becoming pregnant. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

IVF/FET/DE/ED/IUI Waiting to O
saharaviolet
Xerxella
angeebaby (gf ttc)
tinytina

IVF/FET/DE/ED/IUI Waiting to Know
Oceanspray

Waiting to be Ready
Anna1979
lilacvioletiris

What is going on?!
Sunshynbaby

Waiting after Loss

Taking a break
angeebaby - foster baby coming in April!
mummabear13

2015 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's - t2009 - Suzie MC

October BFP's - ascher21

September BFP's - devilish

January BFP's - treehugger86

2014 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's - oxford - SplashingPuddle

October BFP's - LittleKind

September BFP's - toothfairy2be

August BFP's - adiejan - chuord

June BFP's - Kewpie80 - Tracyamber - iixivboots - alivewithyou

May BFP's - shelley4 - Xerxella

April BFP's - NaturallyMo

March BFP's - mainebaby (IVF) - Autumnlaughing

February BFP's - Alivewithyou

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Oceanspray; 04-26-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 99 Old 04-04-2016, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Let me know if you are still ttc(anyone who hasn't posted in the last 3 weeks or so) and have any Updates please:

@tinytina
@lilacvioletiris
@sunshynbaby
@primapara
@mummabear13
@saharaviolet
@Anna1979

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 99 Old 04-05-2016, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanspray View Post
Let me know if you are still ttc(anyone who hasn't posted in the last 3 weeks or so) and have any Updates please:

@tinytina
@lilacvioletiris
@sunshynbaby
@primapara
@mummabear13
@saharaviolet
@Anna1979
We're on hold at this point until I can bring my BMI down to 29 and and hold it there for 3 months.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif

#4 of 99 Old 04-05-2016, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Oceanspray - thank you for adding me to the list w gf and foster baby just made me smile so super big

So, baby will most likely be arriving THURSDAY! Insane! She will be between 6 weeks and 6 months, thats my request anyhow.

We have gotten everything you can possibly come up w needing, got our little diaper baskets w wipes and powder to have in random places, going to pack the diaper bag tonight so we will already be ready for our first outing see, we are seriously preparing!

Gf picked up a second car seat and base, they're those chicco ones that click so easily into everything. Got it through craigslist, so gotta clean it up, but we thought the second carrier might be smart in case one has to drop off and the other pickup. Not sure if daycare will let us leave one or not.

I got a short list of pediatricians, and one I called to ask what the logistics would be w a foster baby, and they were letting me know what to do. So I felt better knowing they deal with this a lot. Might use them for our first visit.

Next, I gotta make calls today to the day cares by my house to see who has spots available. Will have to get them registered to start next week.

I wish I could take more time off, but I will figure it out. I will see how fmla works, and I definitely will take time off when the time comes that an adoption is finalized.

Excited

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Xerxella, hope4light and adiejan like this.

39 year old hopeful to be mama!
Foster care licensed 1/2016!
Expecting foster baby 2/2016
Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

Previous unmedicated IUIs: #1 - Chemical 11/2013, #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013, #8 - Blighted ovum @ 7w 9/2014
#5 of 99 Old 04-05-2016, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
@angeebaby - So exciting!!!!! Keep us posted!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#6 of 99 Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanspray View Post

@tinytina
@lilacvioletiris
@sunshynbaby
@primapara
@mummabear13
@saharaviolet
@Anna1979
I wish I had an answer to this. Last month I had a UTI, the flu, and another UTI. I then started having hot flashes and other symptoms. My doctor did some tests and found that my hormones are at more extreme levels than someone in full blown menopause. My doctor is concerned and said that someone my age should not have levels like that. I am 39 and may be going through Premature Ovarian Failure. I have an appointment with one of the best OBGYNs in town next week to look into it further. We tried for an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist, but couldn't get one in time. My doctor wants me to be seen right away. I haven't had a period in over 60 days. I would like to TTC. My doctor said not to count it out, but it doesn't look promising.

Peacefully married for ten years with one child (2009), one mutt and one entitled cat.
#7 of 99 Old 04-06-2016, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for asking about me ladies.

We got our bloodwork done last month. We did bloodwork on day 3, 8, and 21. My prolactin levels were high on day 3. Not sure how high so we repeated fasting bloodwork on day 8, 9, and 10.
We have an appointment with the doctor at the clinic on April 14th. We will find out where we go from there.
Monday April 4th was cycle day 1.

Sorry you have to wait @Anna1979
That's exciting @angeebaby
So sorry @sunshynbaby
Hugs @Oceanspray and @Xerxella
hope4light and adiejan like this.

Me 28, DH 31 
, 2 Kitties 
and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#8 of 99 Old 04-06-2016, 06:31 AM

Ugh @sunshynbaby - I'm so sorry to hear that. That's shocking. Just something to consider, even if you were in full blown menopause, you could still do donor eggs/embryos. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck @tinytina - Will you be donor sperm insemination? (Sorry, I forget.)

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

Last edited by Xerxella; 04-06-2016 at 06:34 AM.
#9 of 99 Old 04-06-2016, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

#10 of 99 Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

@sunshynbaby , I am so sorry for that shocking news. Not something you expect. I do agree with @Xerxella , that, even if worst comes to worst, you still have many options available and there a so many families out there becoming pregnant with donor eggs, donated embryos, and double donor (egg/sperm donation) embryo creation. I know there is a financial cost, but once we are at this point of fertility treatment, that is a given anyway. I do hope you get better news soon that something can be done to rectify your numbers, and that it is not dangerous for you!

@Anna1979 , all the best achieving your ideal BMI for TTC. I have heard how that can make a real difference, and I hope it really does for you. We'll still be here when you are back ttc.

@tinytina , so good to hear from you! I am happy to know that you will have a plan or path by the middle of this month. I hope this is the start of a successful plan for your baby.

@angeebaby - I just can't believe it. I can just imagine if it were me... it is different having a baby in your uterus for a long time and then them being born, but just having one show up on your doorstep! Believe it or not, 6 weeks is very very different form 6 months, so you could end up with who knows what kind of family situation. It sounds like you are ready for everything. (and if not, you have great sites like these and local organisations, I am sure, to ask).

Big thumbs up for this part of your journey!! How is gf ttc cycle doing? Is it close to POAS?
Xerxella likes this.

#11 of 99 Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to say, I have a lining check on the 15th and may be PUPO by the 20th or a few days afterward. So excited....
Xerxella and angeebaby like this.

#12 of 99 Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM

Oceanspray - I put a deposit down at daycare at 6am this morning! This was my top pick location, but I had to leave them a voicemail message. Then I called 7 other locations only to find out they are waitlisted until June! Then this one called back to say they had a spot. Definitely jumped on that!

Gf is so cute. This is her first cycle trying (we missed her ovulation last month, so that was very disappointing for her). I told her last night she could POAS on the 12th, and she was like, why would I want to do that if my period should arrive a few days later? She has no idea how poas will take over her life soon enough! Hah

40 y.o. soon to be foster mama! and my wonderful girlfriend is TTC!
Xerxella likes this.

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

Previous unmedicated IUIs: #1 - Chemical 11/2013, #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013, #8 - Blighted ovum @ 7w 9/2014
#13 of 99 Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

@angeebaby , I did think of you and daycare issues. I know how long those wait lists can be! I am really surprised (and glad) that you found one that will take you. Maybe it was just luck of the moment, but that's great. Welcome to the world of drop-off, pick-up every day at daycare.... You'll love it!

#14 of 99 Old 04-07-2016, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

@Xerxella , where are your PGS results at?!! I know you have had the patience of Job, but really it seems like it has been months and months. I recall you saying your hope was for a May transfer. Is that still in the cards? I hope so!

#15 of 99 Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 AM

Thanks ladies!
Yes it is donor sperm @Xerxella - I am not sure if we are doing IUI's or IVF (my vote is still IUI for now). We have two vials of frozen sperm still.

Thanks @Oceanspray . I am definitely hoping for a good plan towards a baby
hope4light likes this.

Me 28, DH 31 
, 2 Kitties 
#16 of 99 Old 04-08-2016, 05:42 AM

So, I didn't get a baby yet. They did call, asking about a 3 week old girl. I would have to take 3 weeks off work though, until she would hit the 6 week mark for daycare. So I had to decline. It totally broke my heart to do that. Still feeling pain this morning.

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

#17 of 99 Old 04-08-2016, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

@angeebaby , how difficult to say no! The right one will come along.

#18 of 99 Old 04-08-2016, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

You know, it is just so sad that so many young babies are "available" for fostering at a moment's notice. It really makes you stop and think.

#19 of 99 Old 04-08-2016, 05:59 PM

I know, and I've already got a call for another, can you believe it? 7 month old, but they will confirm shortly. Otherwise I will be put back to available. Thinking I will have a placement this weekend though. And yea, sad that there are plenty more coming up!

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

#20 of 99 Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM

@angeebaby - Are you a foster mommy??!?!?! Very excited for you guys! Are you fostering to adopt or are they known temporary placements?

@tinytina - Good luck!!!! Any updates?

@Oceanspray - Lining check is coming up!!! How are you feeling?

AFM - Did I forget to mention? The embryo results came in. 2 of the 7 are good. The other 5 all had various issues with chromosomes 16 and/or 19. I guess this is a common cause of miscarriage. So, maybe that's the problem all along? Who knows. I was hoping for 3. Just because they have all their chromosomes, does not mean they will implant and grow and everything. Lots more can go wrong. So, anyways, I'll just have to hope at least one is good. We'll do one cycle with the endometrial scratch and then it's implant cycle. Now, I just need to wait for my period.....

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#21 of 99 Old 04-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Xerxella - exciting that you'll be trying soon! Will you implant both embryos or just one? How long til your next cycle starts?

Well, they were able to place the 7mo old w her siblings, which is a good thing. Anddd turns out weekends are just emergency/on call (wish they told me that before I sat around all weekend).

So, I am back in the waiting! I have no idea how long it'll be, and admit I'm feeling kind of negative, like for whatever reason I will forever be waiting!

I am definitely open to foster to adopt, but don't mind accepting a "temporary" placement either. My idea is to give as much as I can to a kid who may only be with me for a short while.

While I would love to adopt a small baby, I'm thinking more about being able to help a baby with normal brain development in their first year of life, something that can never be "fixed" later. Hoping that will give them a fighting chance in the future.

And if they have no one else in the world to love them, then I will definitely adopt.

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

#22 of 99 Old 04-11-2016, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

@angeebaby , you are very altruistic and progressively minded! I like your attitude about knowing the effect you can have on a young child's brain - it is soooo true. Even a week or two can make certain differences. Kudos to you! I hope your baby comes soon.

@Xerxella , that is very good news. I know you were hoping for 3, but honestly, from the little I have read across the net about the chances of PGS normal embryos at these ages (even younger sometimes), 2 out of 7 is amazing. I had a lot of eggs (and embryos) and my percentage of viables was much lower than that overall. When do you plan to medicate up and transfer?!! I think you'd said one only, but have you considered two now that there are two left?

I am just days from lining check and if all goes well, the 20th is the transfer date. If not, then it will likely be 2-3 days later knowing my clinic's approach to adding oestrogen. I just for once, would like to have a bfp on an HPT before a positive beta.... not complaining if I don't and still get the beta +, but it just would be such fun for once!! I had a relatively high beta the first pregnancy I had, but I never POAS (yes, I was not involved in that crazy world yet then!). I will always wonder if they might have been twins, but an early BFP would have given me an extra clue.

I am hoping and dreaming of a baby due in early January!!
pokeyac likes this.

#23 of 99 Old 04-12-2016, 02:21 PM

@angeebaby - Sorry you're still waiting. Hopefully the right placement is just around the corner. How's your GF doing?
@Oceanspray - I secretly love the POAS fiasco. I don't know. I guess I just like to know as soon as possible. When I'm ready to cycle, I'll Amazon like 5 or 6 FRERs. Love those things..,.

AFM - we'll definitely only put back one at a time. My DH is a little freaked out and feels more comfortable with just one at a time and that's fine with me. I'm secretly hoping one or the other will SAFELY split into identical twins, but certainly don't expect it.

The 2 embryos are a 6 day BB blast which is a girl and a 5 day AA blast which is a boy. We'll put back the BB first. Two reasons: 1. Because it's less likely to work than the AA and if it's not going to work, I want to be able to move on quickly. 2. Because our current kids are boy, girl, boy, so to keep the pattern the next child should be a girl. Lol

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#24 of 99 Old 04-13-2016, 02:38 PM

Xerxella - how exciting! I like your plan!

Well, af came to visit gf. She was so sad and has been emotional since. I feel bad that she's going through this. She is only doing 6 cycles total, so she has more pressure on herself. In fact, watching her go through it is reminding me of the depression it can induce. Still up in the air as to whether I will try when she's done trying or ends up prego.

Still waiting on a placement. Just sent an email to the agency to make sure they moved me to available again. Im asking for a limited age range, so I think it'll just take a while.

I'm already thinking ahead, and if gf ends up not prego at the end of ttc, I may just empty out my office and be open for an infant plus siblings.

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

#25 of 99 Old 04-13-2016, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

@angeebaby , I like the siblings plus infant idea. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say (I think).

It is hard to be disappointed with a BFN, and then to watch someone go through it - hard again. I do hope you get your infant soon, as that will definitely take all of both of your focus away from any negativity!! FX it will happen by the end of this weekend for you!

@Xerxella , that is a good approach (I remembered you secretly? were interested in twins... haha). Will you start meds soon for a May transfer? is your protocol just straight to a Lupron type GnRH agonist or do you have to do the BCPs first? Are you aiming for a date for transfer? You see, I really want to cheer someone on!!

How is everyone else doing? Any updates?

@tinytina , your appointment is coming up soon!! Let us know how it goes.

#26 of 99 Old 04-15-2016, 04:44 AM

Hello everyone,

Had our doctor's appointment yesterday to discuss our options. Doctor is really upbeat. We are going to try 1 more cycle of medicated IUI and if that's unsuccessful we will move on and do an IVF cycle. We have 2 more vials of frozen sperm. Prolactin levels were back to normal on days 8,9,10 (repeat tests). We call back on my next cycle day 1.
Xerxella and angeebaby like this.

Me 28, DH 31 
, 2 Kitties 
#27 of 99 Old 04-15-2016, 06:54 AM

Tinytina - awesome news!

Trying IUI+clomid 3/2016

#28 of 99 Old 04-15-2016, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

@tinytina , great news! So if your cycle is around a month, you could be ttc already in mid-May!!! What meds are you using this time around?

#29 of 99 Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 AM

Thanks @Xerxella , @angeebaby , and @Oceanspray . We are probably 2 weeks until my period. So we will be trying in May. As far as I know we are doing the same medications (clomid, a steroid, baby aspirin, a trigger shot, and progesterone)
Xerxella likes this.

Me 28, DH 31 
, 2 Kitties 
#30 of 99 Old 04-19-2016, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Great news, @tinytina ! I am looking forward to following your cycle next month!

I am still awaiting my transfer, which I expect to be in under a week from now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page