Poor egg quality - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Poor egg quality

Hi all, I am 45 and on my second IVF cycle for egg retrieval and my doctor told that out of 18 eggs. 10 survived after fertilization, 5 died, 3 went haywire and 2 are very poor quality which leaves me with another failed IVF cycle. I am considering surrogacy but don’t want to go for donor eggs. I really don’t know what to do, should we give the whole idea of having a baby, please help I am very depressed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Have you read this book? I found it very informative. I have also heard different doctors may use different protocols that may result in better quality eggs. Has the doctor said it seems like you should be able to carry a pregnancy? If so, I think donor eggs may be a good option so that you can experience being pregnant. If you're concerned about the genetic connection, you should look into epigenetics. Here is one article.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Married to a wonderful woman
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our
#3 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyac View Post
Have you read this book? I found it very informative. I have also heard different doctors may use different protocols that may result in better quality eggs. Has the doctor said it seems like you should be able to carry a pregnancy? If so, I think donor eggs may be a good option so that you can experience being pregnant. If you're concerned about the genetic connection, you should look into epigenetics. Here is one article.
Thanks for sharing

#4 of 9 Old 08-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am also worried about my situation. You are very brave that you are going through all this. I am also worried about my self because I was adopted child. I really want to have the baby before my wedding. After my marriage when I tried to conceive but could not make it. My eggs are the very poor condition. This left me nowhere I really want a baby. When my husband comes to know about all this he left me. Now I am getting married again with my boyfriend. He knows all my situation but I want to change it. My boyfriend told me about the option of surrogacy. Surrogacy can be the hope for me. Surrogacy is giving hope to many couples which are infertile. I am planning to try this method to be a mother
#5 of 9 Old 09-11-2017, 12:19 AM

Do not give up. If you want baby then keep trying. Poor egg quality might be because of age, eating habits and lifestyle. Make some changes in your dietary intake and lifestyle. If this doesn't seems working than change your clinic. There are many well reputed fertility clinics available.
#6 of 9 Old 09-17-2017, 09:56 PM

I am sorry to hear about your difficulty. I am new here. You are suffering a lot. You are really brave I must say. I am in the same situation as you are. I am 41 years old. My eggs are still healthy because I am very particular about health. But I cannot become a mother. I have 2 miscarriages. Both were tubal. This was the reason I cannot make it till the end. This was really disappointing for me. Please give me help if I go for surrogacy.
#7 of 9 Old 09-17-2017, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello, Melissa! Kindly seek an expert that can give an advice how to improve your egg. By the way, do not be sad, honey. It may fail now but the important is do not stop nor quit. I know it will be given to you at a right time. But that right time will never come when you quit from IVF.
#8 of 9 Old 09-23-2017, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh dear, I am sorry. Egg quality matters a lot. The journey of becoming a mother is not as easy as I was thinking. But I do not need a baby at the time I got married. I become pregnant after a year of my marriage. I thought a baby can take my health and attention. So I decided to abort the baby. After many years I want to become a mother now. But I am not getting the target. Which is really heartbroken for me. I am 37 years old. Please help if you can do? I am new here.
#9 of 9 Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

Dear, I would suggest you go for the egg donor IVF process at a good clinic! In this way, you will undergo the whole procedure and after that, the feeling would be extraordinary! You will be pregnant and your child will be in your womb! Going for surrogacy you will miss all this, the blessed feeling of being pregnant! If u have a chance, don't miss it! I am 42 and a mother of 8 months old baby girl conceived through the IVF process via donor egg! Giving birth to her and then holding her in my arms was the best experience of my life! Just search for the best clinics! In my case, I opted Biotexcom and it played a very powerful role and made me a mother in the 2nd attempt! hope you too will find the clinic which will bring happiness in your life

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page