Mothering Forum banner

My darkest moments

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mumto1 
#1 ·
Hello everybody! I hope you all are doing fine and are having a nice day. May god bless you all for being so kind to me here on this forum. I decided to share parts of my story with you today so that I can get some of the pain out. My wife and I are both facing fertility issues... It seems that on our own we will never be able to have children. We tried doing IVF here on US twice. It was very, very sad to see my wife after both of our fails. The expression on her face after the doctors had to remove the baby after 1 month of pregnancy was, just... I don't know how to explain it. That has been the darkest moment of my life. I couldn't keep on living and doing things like a normal person. I felt so sorry for her and for myself back than, words cannot explain. Ever since that we are afraid to go again and do IVF! What do you guys think, should we try again?

#2 ·
First, heads up! It sounds cheesy, but it is part of life. Everything, from the nicest to the most darkest moments. I think you should try again. I know it is hard to do it, to take that risk and try, in the mind having all bad memories of fail, but you have to do it. You won´t conceive by miracle. If it means to go and try again, then do it. Remember that you are doing it for the baby, you are doing it to have one of your own, and if there is still a chance, then take it! Take the risk! Good luck to you both, I hope you make it!!

#3 ·
Guess it depends

What is the reason for infertility? Some people can't have kids (could be one or the other or a combination). It's a bitter pill to swallow. There are statistics that say things like "one out of 5 women will have a miscarriage" but when you end up having 5 miscarriages yourself (me) you realize what that really means. There are stories of couples having a baby despite very bad odds, so really, it depends on what is causing the infertility. Are there solutions to overcoming the odds? Were you just unlucky with the IVF you tried? Naturally conceived babies are commonly miscarried in the early stages, sometimes without the mom even being really aware of it. Because you are going the IVF route you are far more aware and the stakes are greater. It's hard not feel it personally, allow yourself to grieve. I would try to get more info about what might have gone wrong, and I would try again if it seems there would be a chance of success.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.