Anyone familiar with Clear Passage Therapies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-05-2004, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I are heading towards a donor egg cycle but I've been diagnosed with cervical stenosis. When the doc suggested minor surgery to open a passage I freaked (internally) and got on my computer to track down other less invasive ways to deal with this. When I Googled "cervical stenosis" and "treatment" a Web site called "Clear Passage" came up at the top of the list. http://www.clearpassage.com/ They use massage and physical therapy to help clear various adhesions, etc., that may be interfering with fertility. They sound pretty good (a good balance/blending of traditional and alternative approaches) and they've had pretty good success rates (there's a new article just out on Medscape) but the whole thing is so new. I have connected with a woman on another board who went to them with great results (certified blocked tubes, had treatment with Clear Passage, now has certified clear tubes--her RE was very impressed). But the therapy is pretty expensive, and I would have to travel, so I am hoping for at least one other testimony (or maybe a negative experience?) to help me make my decision.
Anyone know anything about this? Thanks from a newbie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-05-2004, 07:04 PM

Furmama, I don't have personal experience, but I was reading a book called 'Stay Fertile Longer' and there is a page or two devoted to Clear Passage. The review was excellent, and it said they strive to have permanent health of the internal organs, rather than say, IVF, which is temporary. I mean, you might indeed become pregnant, but to do so on ones own later is improbable. Whereas Clear Passage results in permanent healing, and others have gone on to have children unassisted in the future. It sounded really really good!
#3 of 4 Old 07-08-2004, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Velveteen. Thanks for answering. I am leaning towards going to Clear Passage Therapies (CPT) but still trying to gather info, so I appreciate your input. So far I've heard good things.

CPT has just published an article-- http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/480429 -- and their stats look pretty good. It's not cheap, but it sounds like the minor surgery my RE is suggesting would cost about the same, so maybe it's worth a try. Thanks for your encouragement.

Furmama

P.S. Hmmm...think we're related? Fur? Velveteen?
#4 of 4 Old 07-09-2004, 01:43 PM

Furmama, just wanted to wish you the VERY best on your journey.

User Tag List