Implantation problems? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2005, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two of my last 4 cycles have been chemical pregnancies (faintly + hpt but then AF shows a day or two later). My LP is usually 13 days but has been 18 days on the chemical pregnancy cycles.

So I'm beginning to think that there is some kind of implantation problem.

When I was TTC my daughter, I had one chemical pg cycle and one suspected pg cycle that I never got a + test on. My daughter was conceived on my first clomid cycle.

I'm having trouble finding info on implantation.

These are my concerns-

I am nursing a toddler (not sure what this does to hormone levels- she is nursing 2-3 times a day)

The ultrasound tech doing my first ultrasound told me I have a fibroid on my uterus and I think I read somewhere that this can affect implantation.

I really don't want to do clomid again, but I'm not sure what my other options are.

My LP is actually a day longer than when I was ttc my daughter, so it isn't LP defect. I co-sleep with a nursing toddler so charting my temp just isn't practical. I use cervical mucus/ position to determine fertile time and ovulation.

Does anyone know what you can do to help implantation occur?

Any info would really be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 12:19 PM

Try this site, it's my new bible

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...arch&DB=pubmed

I'm currently obsessed with antibodies because my dh just got diagnosed. Implantation failure can be related to (usually female) antibodies, sometimes.

good luck!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:51 PM

I'm having the same problem and finally weaned my daughter at 3 partly due to that and partly b/c it was just time for us. I just went in for blood work to see what's going on after having 2 chem. pregs and one blighted ovum over the past 2 years. I'm also seeing an acupuncturist and she's researching herbs to help with this. I see her tomorrow and get blood tests back today. i'll post what happens so hopefully it may help you too.
girrllie
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 AM

I still haven't gotten my blood test results, so nothing on that front. As for the acupuncture - it was great. She's recommending some type of nourishment herb. And the acupuncture made my uterus cramp and dispell some old blood tinged mucus - very interesting as I wasn't expecting that kind of effect at all. I feel like it's helping my body clean out and do what it needs to do though.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
A fibroid can also affect implantation! We have had a couple of gals who had problems with this...and once the fibroid was resolved they did fine.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 AM

I'm going to be checked for fibroids as well, but have to discuss it with my doc. They were going to do an HSG test, but then I discovered that I would owe my ded. ($2,000) since it was a procedure done at the hospital. I think my doc said that they can check for fibroids with sonogram as well, which would just be an office visit. Hopefully I won't have them b/c that would mean surgery, I guess? Then we're back to my deductible!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:00 PM

I don't have exact personal experience with this but a couple of things:

Accupuncture was one of the things I did on my successful IVF cycle which I think contributed a lot.

A number of my friends from my IVF bulletin board with issues similar to yours have been on heparin during their cycles/pg's and feel it was the thing that made the difference.

HTH.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 PM

I got my blood tests results back and everything is normal. My DH needs to go get his taken to do the genetic tests though.

The acupuncture is really interesting. She also put me on herbs that build your strength. Hopefully something will work and since I've heard good things about acu, then it can't hurt!

User Tag List