Successful pregancies with Clomid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-22-2005, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: So I am reading about a lot of trials and experiences ttc on clomid. Has anyone out there had a successful pregnancy with it????
#2 of 15 Old 03-22-2005, 11:04 AM

i did but it took several cycles and an iui for a pregnancy.
#3 of 15 Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 AM

Yes! My 4 1/2 yr old ds. I also had one that ended in miscarriage. And another that happened while we were on an off month from Clomid (too many follicles to take it that month.)

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#4 of 15 Old 03-29-2005, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've taken clomid 4 times. First two times I ended up with kids. One nothing. and I am currently in the 2WW with the fourth. Not too bad.

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#5 of 15 Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 PM

Yes--times two! First cycle was a miscarriage. Second was twins. My suggestion is to make sure your hubby is tested and that your progesterone is monitored (my problem with the first cycle and why I lost the baby). Also, I used preseed lubricant to conteract the lack of fertile mucus that clomid can cause (highly recommended if you do clomid). Good luck!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#6 of 15 Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 PM

I've never used Clomid but I have 2 friends who have. One just had a healthy baby boy using it, and the other had a healthy baby boy 2 years ago using it. no worries. it is very common.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#7 of 15 Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM

Yep, me too! My dd is now over 4 yo. Took me 4 cycles before it worked (this was on the lowest? dosage - 50mg). I then conceived w/o trying & miscarried, conceived again first try & miscarried (no clomid either time), then tried clomid again for the heck of it (since that's the only baby I didn't loose), conceived (first try again) and now that baby is 17 months. For me I think it significantly boosts my progesterone which is otherwise too low to support the pregnancy. Good luck!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#8 of 15 Old 04-19-2005, 02:42 PM

I also conceived on Clomid. Definite vote in the plus column!
#9 of 15 Old 04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Moving this to Infertility!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 15 Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 PM

My Dr sdaid Clomid was the next step for us but we have decided to try accupuncture and herbs (from a licensed Chineese Medicine provider) for a few months before trying the Clomid. I'm in my first 2ww after starting this route.

Good Luck to us all!
#11 of 15 Old 04-19-2005, 02:56 PM

My beautiful boy is the result of a clomid, progesterone, fsh, estradiol pregnancy. He was conceived on cycle #2, after 2 1/2 years of *actively* ttc. I didn't have any negative side effects, either. Still, it was an agonizing decision for me and I really hope not to go that route again.
#12 of 15 Old 04-19-2005, 02:58 PM

Yes! I went throught 2 yrs of infertility, and 2 m/c's, before I tried clomid (my RE was reluctant to let me try it until she had done ALL testing, I still believe she wanted to milk me for as much testing as possible, I had one m/c under her care... we moved out of state and I saw an ob who agreed to let me try it). It worked on the first try on the lowest dose, with a combo of progesterone suppositories too (I had a luteal phase defect, the prog was taken before I found out I was pg, which is why I felt it was effective). I had a lot of spotting for up until about the middle of the second tri, and just limited my activity during the pregnancy. I had a healthy baby boy who is now 14 mo old and the joy of my life. Ironically, I am pg with baby #2, got pg this time w/o any help AND I was BFing. I heard it's not uncommon for a lot of women who have trouble conceiving baby #1 and need meds/intervention who end up getting pg with subsequent children later on. GL ttc!
#13 of 15 Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant from a clomid w/ IUI cycle. Although the clomid probably wasn't necessary, it was given to help ensure a pregnancy, which it did. We are having a healthy baby boy.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#14 of 15 Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 PM

I got PG with DD on my 2nd round of clomid (100mg). This time nothing after 4x (150mg). I go see an RE May 20th.
#15 of 15 Old 04-27-2005, 01:07 PM

My older 2 children were conceived with the help of Clomid. The first took 3 cycles and the 2nd 2. I have PCOS. That was many years ago now. If I were doing it again today (and didn't have other factors that make it now necessary for IVF/FET) I would start with Metformin and then see how things go and then maybe add in Clomid.

I do HIGHLY recommend that for anyone doing clomid that they do monitored cycles with u/s and blood work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page