Anyone done a FET? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2005, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone.
I had a successful IVF 2 years ago after nearly 3 years of struggling with infertility. We're starting to think it might be almost time to try for number two. My dx was "unexplained", so it's possible it could just "happen"- but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that it won't. We have several frozen blasts from the first procedure. Has anyone done a FET? Medicated or unmedicated? What was the procedure?
TIA, and happy baby thoughts for all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

I cant help much because I have no info for you but I wanted to respond to you and wish you the best of luck. Maybe a nurse or patient rep at your clinic can talk to you about the process. Also some of the big fertility clinics have good websites with details about vairous procedures

good luck

M
Old 07-19-2005, 11:15 PM

Fertilethoughts and IVFConnection are really helpful sites.

I just did my frozen transfer on Friday.

I did medicated and I can tell you what my protocol was.

bcps for 21 days
started lupron on day 17
when AF showed called in for baseline u/s
Then was given the go ahead for delestrogen IM shots 2x weekly (some do patches or pills - I had heard that the shots were most effective so I requested them it does require more monitoring though)
Then they would check estrogen levels through bloodwork and adjust delestrogen as needed.
Then a lining check u/s
Then when all that looked good I started PIO IMs, zithromax, and medrol through transfer.

I'll stay on PIO and Delestrogen injections through 10-1/2 weeks (or so) of gestation if I am pregnant.

Basically from the time that you start the bcps it's about 6 weeks until transfer if all goes well with the lining. Sometimes you can be delayed some if the lining is slow to develop.

Part of the protocol will depend on the age of your embryos. I had blasts too so I would think you will be pretty similar. Meds can vary and all that too though.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:08 PM

I'm currently in the process of my first FET. I've been on the BCPs for about 2.5 weeks now. On Tuesday, I start my Lupron shots. I discontinue the BCPs on 8/6. When I start a period, I go in for u/s and bloodwork and start estrogen patches. About 10 days later, they'll start checking my blood and doing u/s again to see how my lining is progressing. Then we'll do the transfer. I have to do medrol and antibiotics for 6 days around the time of the transfer. I'll stay on the estrogen until the hcg test. I'll also be on progesterone from the time of the transfer until I'm about 10-11 weeks pg or so. We have 3 5-day blastocysts, so we really hope that at least one of them thaws well and sticks. The protocol would be different if you have normal cycles on your own (like if the dx is male factor or endometriosis), because in those cases frequently they'll do a natural cycle without most of the drugs.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:20 PM

I have compltede my first FET cycle, and I am now pregnant with my first child......it was much better on the body than a Fresh IVF cycle.....Good luck to you.

BTW - this is the first time I have ever gotten a BFP in my life, so it works
Old 11-04-2005, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Danni-Baby... CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news!

I just transfered my embryos to a local clinic. I am having some really funky emotions about it. I'm excited. I'm terrified. I'm happy. I'm worried. And I'm not even on Lupron!!! I feel a bit like a split personality!

Anyway, I have to do a few tests next month, then the protocol is just estrogen patches and progesterone cream. No injections. Transfer should be at the end of January or beginning of February.

My big decision is how many to implant. I was hoping to thaw only one at a time, but my previous clinic froze two per straw. So we have to thaw two, and if they both make it through the thaw, decide whether to implant one or two.

Infertility sucks.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:36 PM

No experience, just wishing you the best. I have PCOS and used Repronex with an IUI to conceive my son.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

User Tag List