Several Miscarriages - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2005, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had eight miscarriages. I have no problem conceiving but the fetus heart beats stops at 8 weeks every single time. Has anyone experienced this before? I've had every test available. My doctors can't explain it. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 AM

No, I haven't had that heartache, but we are all here to support you. I hope you find some answers!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:41 PM

I'm so sorry for your many losses. I, too, cannot imagine that heartache. Someone in the "one thread" just posted this link, and I thought I'd post it here for you just incase it might be helpful. . .

article about a woman who had 8 miscarriages

May you be blessed with a sticky babe SOON!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:43 PM

I also had many early miscarriages, most around that time, had a bunch of tests done and it was unexplained. I had an extremely horrible RE and he had zero interest in really getting to the bottom of the problem, but instead just wanted me on Pergonal.

I ended up not TTC and have my two daughters through adoption.

I wish you luck!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I've had five, which is way more than enough, and I shudder to even think of having eight. You've sure been through a lot.

All my testing has been normal too, so the cause of the miscarriages is a mystery to everyone. Like you, I've never had one last longer than 8-9 weeks. Never long enough for the placenta to take over. I can't help but think that there's some reason for it, some problem with the placenta milestone, but it seems to be something that science isn't capable of explaining yet.

I'm considering IVF/PGD but haven't made a decision yet.

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 PM

Do you know if you are low in progesterone? I had a saliva hormone test that showed I was low in progesterone. I had two miscarriages before this current pregnancy, which I'm now happily at 37 weeks. My adrenal glands couldn't produce enough progesterone, so after the second miscarriage, I started using progesterone cream (over the counter) in the 2nd half of my cycle until I conceived. Then I continued the progesterone cream all the way through the first trimester, then stopped at the start of the second trimester when the placenta takes over producing progesterone.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
Old 12-04-2005, 10:49 PM

What testing have you had? My first thought when I hear of multiple m/c is also low prog. But blood clotting factors, hypothyroidism, low adrenal function, and other factors are common causes of repeat m/c.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

Have you had a test for Ureaplasma & Mycoplasma infections? It’s not too well known in the US, but my infertility doctor does prefer to check everyone before IVF cycle as this is one of the main causes of miscarriages.
Ureaplasma & Mycoplasma may cause no visible symptoms. It can be easily treated with antibiotics.

I’m so sorry you had to go through this nightmare so many times ! I think that to loose a baby is so much more painful than just not being able to conceive . When I hear a story like yours I feel embarrassed thinking that I went through alot trying to conceive...makes me realize I went through nothing, piece of cake comparing to you...So sorry … Hold on there !
Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 PM

There is a woman in the Pregnancy after birth loss forum here that has had 7 mc's and is now carrying a new little one further than all her other losses. The only thing she did different this time was to take baby aspirn.

Here's the link to the thread she posted in. I hope it helps.

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 PM

I had 4 m/cs between my daughter and sons. All tests came back normal with the exception of a borderline progesterone level. I used progesterone suppositories, but m/c'd even on those. I ultimately took clomid. Though I was ovulating the RE I was seeing felt the "quality" of ovulation was possibly being compromised by the low prog. levels. I got pg (with twins!) during my first cycle of clomid and had a healthy, unevenful pregnancy. If you haven't already, consider seeing a reproductive endocrinologist with experience in recurrent pregnancy loss.

Another member, Shannon0218 has had several losses. She is a wealth of info and I'm sure wouldn't mind if you pm'd her.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you find some answers soon.

Trying to get my bearings...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:45 PM

Have you had an HSG done? I have suffered multiple m/c and was diagnosed with a uterine anomaly. I can elaborate, but don't want to post it all here. If you want more info pm me.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was going to post the same thing as Yulia. Make sure you have been tested for Microplasma/Ureaplasma. This is a quiet little infection that will cause repeat miscarriage. It can be passed back and forth between a woman and her partner so both partners must be treated. Again, as Yulia said this is not well known yet in the US. Make sure you were checked for the "plasmas".

Also, the blood antibodies... when I was TTC (I have lupus) my RE had me on one baby aspirin per day to keep my blood antibodies low. It is often being used now instead of heparin, and is used in women who don't necessarily need heparin.

I also took "preventative" progesterone. 150mg in tablets per day. Also clomid while TTC to help start out on a high level of progesterone.

Hang in there. We're with you.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kincaid
I was going to post the same thing as Yulia. Make sure you have been tested for Microplasma/Ureaplasma. This is a quiet little infection that will cause repeat miscarriage. It can be passed back and forth between a woman and her partner so both partners must be treated. Again, as Yulia said this is not well known yet in the US. Make sure you were checked for the "plasmas".

Also, the blood antibodies... when I was TTC (I have lupus) my RE had me on one baby aspirin per day to keep my blood antibodies low. It is often being used now instead of heparin, and is used in women who don't necessarily need heparin.

I also took "preventative" progesterone. 150mg in tablets per day. Also clomid while TTC to help start out on a high level of progesterone.

Hang in there. We're with you.
It's called Mycoplasma (not Microplasma) and it's really really good idea to check it indeed.
While in the US I have heard about it only from my RE who said that it's one of the most common causes for miscarriage (but for some weird reason OBs just don't seem to know about it even though it's pretty common thing), in Russia where I'm from Microplasma/Ureaplasma is very well known and is almost the first thing to check if a couple can't conceive or miscarry or a woman just had repeated yeast infection (which can be a secondary symptom of Ureaplasma infection) or any other problem in this area.
So, I guess it won’t hurt to check it just to make sure that this is not the cause of your problems.

User Tag List