anyone experienced progestone supplement?? need advice.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-27-2005, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
CDS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know if progestone supplement can trick and fool my body thinking I'm pregnant by keeping my temps super high, bleeding gums, cramps, and metal taste in mouth???

I'm not sure what's going on with my body and if I need to stop progestone if I'm not pregnant this cycle. Will contact my dr, meanwhile I thought I'd check here for some experiences with Prog supplement (inserted in vagina)

heres my chart in case anyone want to check it out I'm 15dpo and still BFN
my chart

TIA!!
#2 of 4 Old 01-02-2006, 02:08 AM

I haven't taken progesterone, but I've been seriously debating it. As I understand it, your temps won't fall and your cycle start until you stop the progesterone, and I think progesterone is responsible for some of the hormonal side effects of pregnancy. However, if it were me, I'd get the dr's office to do a blood test, it can't hurt.

Keep us posted.

Peace,
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 4 Old 01-02-2006, 04:51 PM

I took progesterone suppositories. The Dr. told me to take it after I "baby danced". I inserted the suppositories for a week, until they could take a blood test. I was told to continue the insertion for another week even when the blood test came back positive.

Good Luck!

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#4 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM

i have had the experience of progesterone supplementation delaying my period and causing pregnancy-like symptoms. at this point, i ALWAYS schedule a beta for 14dpo so that i can stop the progesterone and reboot (if necessary).

i hope you got the positive beta, though! good luck!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page