irregular on Clomid? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-27-2005, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope someone can help me out, I'm confused.

Short medical history: after coming off the pill in march this year, my periods never became regular. I ovulated about 4 times, and then moved on to 20-day annovulatory cycles. At that point I consulted an obgyn, and there were cysts found on my ovaries. Hormones, and the whole bloodwork list came back normal (including thyroid), and DH is considered perfect in each and every way so she started me on Clomid (50 mg).

Round one (my last cycle) was monitored by an U/S on CD11, and that showed one follicle completely ready to pop. She advised to do some dancin' that night and on day 13. It took until day 16 however for me to ovulate.

First question: the few times I did ovulate on my own, my LP was 14 days. The first Clomid round it was 12, with spotting from day 11. Isn't clomid supposed to lengthen your LP?

Second question: I'm in my second cycle now, and it's day 18. I haven't ovulated yet so far, and am starting to worry a little. Isn't the clomid supposed to make you more regular too? I'm just confused that it takes even longer than last cycle. Has anyone experienced this? Could it be that I'm not going to ovulate at all, despite having ovulated on clomid once before?

Thanks for any info anyone might have!
#2 of 3 Old 01-02-2006, 02:19 AM

how frustrating for you! I don't have any experienc with clomid, but it doesn't sound like its working quite right for you. Have you read anything about PCOS? From my limited understanding, it sounds like you have some of the symptoms of PCOS, and a normal hormonal work up might not find it.

Good luck! I hope you have the baby you want very soon!

Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 3 Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 PM

Clomid is supposed to help you ovulate, not lengthen your cycle or make you regular.

When I came off the pill, I didn't have any menstrual cycles. The Dr. placed me on 50mg of clomid, but I still was not getting pregnant. I eventually went to 100mg of clomid, was diagnosed with PCOS, took 3 daily doses of metformin for it, took progesterone suppositories and had constant monitoring that helped me to become pregnant. Also, even though I had follicles, the "eggs" weren't breaking on their own, so I had to have a shot of HCG that would break the follicle for me.

Good Luck!

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page