Have anyone tried frozen IVF cycle WHILE NURSING? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-19-2006, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me introduce myself really briefly to those of you who do not remember me from a little fight I managed to get into here in my first day of posting .

I’m Yulia, Russian, 29y.o. My baby, Jonah, is 7.5m.o. and was conceived through IVF.

My husband and I would love to have our second baby as close to Jonah age wise as possible because we hope that this will make it much more interesting for them to play together and reduce a common issue of jealousy.

We have 7 frozen embryos left from our first (and only) IVF cycle (4 are good ones and 3 are so-so). So it should be much easier and cheaper to have a frozen cycle done, the only problem is that I’m breastfeeding Jonah and wouldn’t want to wean him prematurely. I talked to my doctor about hormones-free IVF cycle and he said it’d be possible (I do not want to take any medicine/hormones while nursing). He warned us though that the chances of success might be lower. But we are willing to take this risk.

I hoped to breastfeed Jonah throughout the pregnancy (if IVF is success), but then I read, here on MDC that things may not work out the way I hoped, that it’s pretty common for milk to dry up during a pregnancy or just change its taste so dramatically that many babies just wean themselves .

Few days ago I talked to my husband about me changing my mind and not willing to wean Jonah when he is 1y.o. (as we agreed before or even me taking a risk of him self weaning if I do get pregnant) and my husband agreed to wait (even though he didn’t think it was right thing to do), but every day I’m thinking if this is really the right thing to do : ?
Perhaps it’s worth while of taking the risk and trying the frozen IVF cycle hoping that if it does work the baby will just keep nursing throughout the pregnancy and later tandem nursing like some moms do. I personally would LOVE to do tandem nursing, but what if my baby doesn’t go for it?

What do you guys think? What is your opinion about it? I’m a first time mom and therefore, having lack of experience, may not even think of some problems along these lines that an experienced mom would perhaps point on right away.
Also, did anyone actually try a frozen IVF cycle while nursing?
I’d appreciate so much any opinion and advice!

PS. Regardless, I just wanted to ask does anyone here have medical condition similar to mine: Unicornate Uterus (half of a normal size)? I also have only one fallopian tube leading to a lazy ovary while my other ovary works fine, but has no tube. Bummer...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page