miscarriages possible due to medications - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2006, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I have 2 boys both totally healthy and normal pregnancies. Then dh got on enbrel for his psoriatic arthritis. We have conceived twice since he has been on enbrel and both times have miscarried.
(he will be switching to humira soon but it is not proven to be any safer). Enbrel and Humira have never done any testing as to wether or not their medication affects the sperm. Does anyone else have any experience or any information they can give me. I am totally getting the runaround and don't even know where to turn.
Can testing be done on dh's sperm to see if there is a problem w/ the meds?

Any imput would be much appreciated.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could definatly have a semen analysis done, and see how your dh's sperm look. I don't know if they will be able to tell if any problems are due to medication, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

User Tag List