Age 42 and trying to conceive, r there any older women out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2006, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

We've been trying to conceive for about 8 mos. Because of my age, my OBGYN is recommending Clomid and IUI starting this month. I would love to hear from any women over forty for support purposes. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only woman this old still trying to have a baby! I'm also kinda scared about the Clomid because my OBGYN already has me on thyroid medication (my thyroid was "working too hard") and Bromocryptine (my Prolactin level was 31, or slightly elevated). Adding another drug is freaking me out, to be quite frank. My purse is like a small pharmaceutical company. If you can relate to any of this, I'd love to hear from you--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 AM

You are not alone! I'm also 42, and will be doing ivf this month to try to conceive our second child. Our son is 3, and was also a high-tech baby. I have been taking thyroid medication for about ten years now, too. Do you have any children? Good luck!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 PM

Im 38 ( will be 39 in may) and have a boat load of meds sitting on my counter just waiting for AF to show up. I'll have an U/S on day 3 then start clomid that day. Day 9 is scheduled for a sub Q dose of Bravelle and then an u/s on day 11 along with a shot of orvadel. We are going to try timed intercourse this round rather than IUI. We've been trying since July ( m/c in june). The next month should be interesting.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 03-16-2006, 02:29 AM

You are not alone, I too was 42 when we started our journery for our second dc. It was long and painful, but at 47 and with lots of help she was born. It's a great idea to find support if you can, I didn't and it was lonely. I feel like I can offer support now, but at the time found it hard to talk to others about it. Best wishes to you.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:58 PM

If you wander over to the TTC forum there is a 40+ thread & many of us have been trying for quite some time. We had a recent grad who is due in Sept at age 42..we are nice,friendly & low key!
Lisa
Old 03-16-2006, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks to all who responded. Already I don't feel as alone. Going in for my first IUI tomorrow. Tried Clomid for the first time this month and my ovary is REALLY sore. Anybody else ever get this kind of effect?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:29 AM

Hi all, ive been taking clomid now for 3 months, although i have heard it has a 70% success rate, i have 3 grown up children and would love 1 more, i did get pregnant naturally in jan this year without taking clomid but miscarried at 9 weeks, good look to you all and keep trying!

User Tag List