OHSS - ways to ease the pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-15-2006, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had this? Any tips to ease the discomfort.

I am currently 11dpiui and the trigger did not release all the follies. Not only that my ovaries are swollen, the left worse than the right. I had an ultra sound today and they said it was pretty bad and I had to many to count small follies all over. The left side is the worst and I have terrible pain in lower back on the left. The RE is not available until tomorrow for further guidance (nice : ) so I have been in pain for 48+ hours and wondering if there are any tips to ease the pain.

TIA
#2 of 3 Old 03-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Ugh I know that drinking Recharge, or Vitamin Water - something with electrolytes in it is recommended to help. With my IVF they had me taking Chlortrimeton to keep the fluid at bay - so you might try that...it is available OTC and is pregnancy safe.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 03-20-2006, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My doc had me eat lots of protein and drink gatorade or some other electrolyte balancing beverage. Also, NO heavy lifting and using a heat pack to relieve discomfort. I didn't have OHSS, but did have a lot of fluid, and a huge cyst on one ovary.
Good luck

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page