IVF in May - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 220 Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
IMO the valium is a brilliant addition. Nothing like feeling extra happy when youve been stuck shooting up for weeks!
My girlfriend who went through this said, "Take the valium! I tell everyone to take the valium!"
#62 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 03:32 PM

just dropping in to voice my support to all and send extra to leslie!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#63 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 03:37 PM

Just got back from my transfer. They put two good quality embryos back in. Needing lots of sticky vibes!

Leslie, Hugs to you

Jenn
#64 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Jenn~ That's wonderful! Stick babies stick!
#65 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju's mom
Just got back from my transfer. They put two good quality embryos back in. Needing lots of sticky vibes!
Sending lots of vibes to you!

Go rest and let those embies settle in.
#66 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

: yay Jenn!!!:

...and I'm sooooo happy to say that insensitive nurse was WRONG! We are NOT going to cancel this cycle because my labs & u/s today were great!! My endometrium grew from a 2 to a 7 and my estradiol rose from 64 to 510. This is day 7 and I'm so excited that I can't remember exactly how many follies they counted -- but it was enough.

talk about a roller coaster

(hi celeste thanks!)
#67 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 08:33 PM

That is SERIOUSLY : FANTASTIC NEWS! WTG Leslie :

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#68 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 09:53 PM

Jenn: Sending you severely sticky vibes. Last time, when I was at your point, I just considered myself pregant because they're IN THERE Congrats on making it through! Do you have a full 14 days until your beta?

Leslie: WOW! This whole this is hard enough without that kind-of rollercoaster. Congratulations! It sounds like you are coming along REALLY well.
#69 of 220 Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 PM

Way to show that mean nurse up!

I am so happy for you -- you made my night with this news!!!!!

I have another u/s and b/w bright and early tomorrow. Will post when I get back.
#70 of 220 Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 AM

Yay Leslie, I am so happy for you!
#71 of 220 Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM

Looks like things are headed in the right direction for everyone here. Congrats everyone!
#72 of 220 Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM

Just back from my u/s and b/w. I don't have my b/w results back yet, but the follicles are now mostly closer to 2 cm.

Instead of Monday, they want to see me again tomorrow, so I must be getting close!
#73 of 220 Old 05-20-2006, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

that's wonderful news, Megan!! I'll be thinking about you!

Alisa, how's the Lupron going? Any side effects? I hope all is well.

thanks again for all of the encouragement and support--it has helped in a BIG way. I think I'm officially entering the "parade float" stage...
#74 of 220 Old 05-20-2006, 11:30 PM

Well, the nurse called this afternoon and said, "I just looked at your bloodwork and ultrasound and we need to trigger you tonight!" I squealed out, "Okay!!!" and she laughed.

So, I did my trigger shot at 8:45 tonight, almost 2 hours ago. Tomorrow I go in for bloodwork and my retrieval will be at 7:45 Monday morning. Yahoooooo!
#75 of 220 Old 05-21-2006, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

:
way to go, Megan!!
How fabulous is it to be done with stims?!! Can't wait to see your post on Monday!
#76 of 220 Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 PM

Hurrah, Megan! I've been offline most of the weekend so I'm a little slow on the uptake. Can't wait to hear about your retrieval tomorrow. I'm so excited for you

Leslie: Thanks for asking about me. I'm doing great on Lupron. I feel 200% better than I was on BCP. I actually don't hate everyone and everything like I thought I did . Every once in a while I have some pressure in my head, maybe a little dizziness but that's it.

I am wondering if my Lupron period will ever end. I was all set to be on at 4.5 like my usual clockwork self but here I am at day 7 and still having some bleed. What's up with that?

According to my paperwork, I'm supposed to cut down on the Lupron to 10 units on day 11. Did anyone else do that? I wish that I would get a call when anything needs to begin or change. I'm going to call in the morning but I know I won't hear from them until after the time when I'm supposed to take the Lupron....

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend. I'll be thinking about you, Megan
#77 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 12:05 PM

Megan, I haven't been here in a couple of days and I was so excited to hear you are having your retrieval today! Let us know when you are back and how it went. Crossing my fingers for you!
#78 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 12:08 PM

I have a question for those who have done this before. I conceived Julia thru IVF but I forget how I felt. I had my transfer on Friday and I am not getting my hopes up but I am super tired, and my stomach feels bloated, gassy, and tight down low. I kind of expected this after the transfer, but maybe I am just feeling it more because I am chasing after my 18 month old! Does anybody remember how they felt during the 2 week wait? I am trying not to obsess!

Jenn
#79 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Alisa~I hear you on the period thing. I started spotting two weeks into the BCP and didn't stop til I started stim. I can't imagine there was anything left! My Lupron protocol was a little different: 1 week with BCP at 10 units (.1cc), 1 week on its own at same dosage, and then dropped to 5 units when started stim. Halfway through stim my doc dropped it all the way down to 2.5 units, which is where I'm at now.

Jenn~I was wondering what post-transfer feels like. I have no words of wisdom, but I am thinking of you and sending lots of

This morning's u/s showed a 2cm follie plus 7 - 8 follies in each ovary! I can actually feel my ovaries in my belly; they must have stretch marks by now. Waiting to hear if we HCG tonight...
#80 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Jenn~ My 2ww was pretty uneventful. I didn't feel much of anything... I didn't even feel pregnant until about week 8. I actually said to myself "Self, I wish I would have morning sickenss just so I KNOW I'm pregnant". Um, I learned to be careful for what I wish for! The only signs I had during my 2ww was some spotting (implantation bleeding) right before my beta test. Best wishes to you and I'm keeping my : for you!
#81 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 01:51 PM

Okay, going back and reading some of the posts in my IVF in April thread....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=406115&page=5

guess i felt some twinges and gas bubbles!
#82 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 02:13 PM

I had some twingy cramps during my 2ww... and I was on strickt bedrest for 2 days and modified bedrest for 3 more. I also felt bloated, but I had a pretty big cyst on one ovary that didn't go away until about 6 weeks preg.

: jenn!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#83 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 02:36 PM

Korin~ Been thinking of you. How are things? Only a couple weeks left? How exciting!!!
#84 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Thanks for asking Brenda.. I'm good. Starting to get nervous... and thinking it's time to quit working. Strangely I'm just as nervous now as I was right before starting the IVF cycle... not sure what to expect, and terrified of the outcome either way!!!

#85 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Okay, wow! Just checked out your blog and your hair is too cute!!! LOVE it! And your yard! Hair, Yard, Baby...what's next?
#86 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 05:44 PM

Quick question. I am over analyzing everything here. After the transfer how soon can you poas? I know the trigger shot has the pregnancy chemical in it so when does that leave the body? Oh, I hate this 2ww!:
#87 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 05:49 PM

I didn't POAS at all I was too scared. But i'd say do it at 7 dpo (7 days past retrieval) to see if it's out of your system. Then the soonest i'd POAS again would be 12 DP retrieval.

#88 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 PM

I had my retrieval this morning, and everything went well. The anesthesiologist had a hard time getting my IV in because I have terrible veins, so that delayed us a bit, but then everything else was fine.

So, here's the magic egg number: 28! Holy cow! So I'm thinking of starting my own village.

I have been feeling crampy, but have had no bleeding since I left the Dr. The crampiness just sort of feels like I have big gas bubbles in my abdomen.

Since we are doing IVF because DH had a vasectomy, his sample was already there, frozen, and has been for a month. They kept forgetting this though and kept talking about DH being ready to produce a specimen! While he was in the waiting room they called him and put him in another room, which he figured was where he would be waiting for me -- until he saw the "adult content" written on the video tape! So he went out and told the nurse that he was pretty sure he didn't need to be in there!

They will call me with the results of fertilization tomorrow and give me a time for my transfer on Thursday. I was the first retrieval today so they thought I might be the first transfer as well.

Jenn: I can understand your anxiousness! I don't know how long I will be able to hold off POAS!
#89 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 06:50 PM

Wow 28! That's amazing. Congrats!

Jenn~ DO NOT POS!!! You're right, if you POS too early, it can just detect your trigger shot and give you a false +. I say WAIT for your beta. Your beta can be as low as 5 and still have a meaning of "pregnant". The POS doesn't even detect anything under 25. I repeat...DO NOT POS!
#90 of 220 Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 PM

Wow 28! Forget village, you can start a whole city! I thought my 14 was a lot!

Brenda, you are right. I really Need to keep busy for the next 8 day! Lets make a list of things I can do.

go to playground (look at all the new babies)
go to library (take out birthing books)
go to mall (look at maternity clothes!)
read a book (one that Julia picks out!)
eat (pretend I am eating for 2+)
sleep (not with an 18 month old around)

any other suggestions

Jenn waiting waiting waiting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page