IVF in May - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Leslie,

You may not remember me, but I remember you. I am so very sorry for the losses you are feeling right now. Please allow yourself whatever time you need to in order to grieve and process.

Although I am not in your shoes right now, I have walked a similar path knowing all too well the feelings of failure and despair brought on by years of IF, failed IUIs and a heartbreaking failed IVF.

Please know you have the love and support of many people, including those whose words you may only read on a computer screen, but who are living breathing souls sharing in your sadness.

Hilary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 08:49 AM

Leslie, I don't know what to say. Sometimes I feel it is better not to say anything, just sending lots of hugs to you. :

Jenn
Old 06-08-2006, 12:07 PM

Leslie,

We did three IVFs before we had a pg, so I am all too familiar with the feelings of a failed cycle. Please give yourself all the time you need to grieve and heal. I wish I had some magic wand that I could waive and give us all babies. This whole journey just sucks.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs today.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, Jenn & Dena and everybody. very much. And hi Hilary! Yes, I do remember you--what a sweet note. I read it like 5 times. You too, vermonttaylors. is there an adoption thread on this website?

ok...Alisa...how goes it? Wasn't your retrieval today? So far we're 0 for 3. C'mon, give us a winner!
Old 06-09-2006, 06:16 AM

Love and prayers for Leslie~

Ary, I was so glad to see your name!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Any good updates?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

hi Jenn--thanks for asking.

I'm afraid this loss is coming in waves. Dh and I hit the wall this weekend--not with each other, but over what appears to be our inability to get pregnant. 4 years of charting, herbs, acupuncture, diet, 7 IUIs, 1 IVF and not a single positive pregnancy test. And we're "unexplained." Everything works, but no luck. Is it time to stop...to say we tried our best...but we're not among those who give birth. It really, really sucks.

I did call the clinic this morning and complained to someone in charge about our nurse. She was very apologetic and agreed that what we received was bad. We're going to see our RE next Wednesday (soonest available appt) and will tell her about our experiences with the nurse. And if we do decide to use the 2 frozen embies, we'll do it at another clinic.

I hope you and Megan have great results with your FETs!!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 PM

Leslie, I've been thinking about you, and sending you lots of love and healing Please keep us all informed as to whatever you decide to do, FET, move to adoption, whatever.... we're all here for you. However you end up building your family, it will be YOUR family, and it will be perfect. much love to you my friend, much love.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Leslie,

You have been in my thoughts also. Hoping you are healing and that many blessings come your way soon.

Chiromama is absolutely right. It doesn't matter what your path to your family is, it will be your perfect family.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 06-14-2006, 12:54 AM

Leslie,

It is so hard to have to make all of these decisions. I'm just going to say that IF SUCKS! I know we all know it, but sometimes I just like to say it.

Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

User Tag List