The Infertility Cure - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 155 Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, just to prove that one's body doesn't have to be perfect to make a baby, I got two yesterday, before I even implemented anything I learned in the book (well, I did do acupressure on a couple pro-implantation places, and haven't had wheat pasta in about a week. fair amount of other wheat, though, so ).

Full story (I've been told it's entertaining ) is posted on The One Thread, for which I'm threadkeeper this week.

May I just say, once again, ? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 155 Old 06-26-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Well, just to prove that one's body doesn't have to be perfect to make a baby, I got two yesterday, before I even implemented anything I learned in the book (well, I did do acupressure on a couple pro-implantation places, and haven't had wheat pasta in about a week. fair amount of other wheat, though, so ).

May I just say, once again, ? Thank you.
Wooohoo! : . I've got to get over to the one thread, It is confusing to me though.I'm on Cd8, so no EWCM yet, but my swimmers are packaged and on thier way to the clinic. I haven't had any meat yet, but I harboiled a bunch of eggs and have been eating one a day, and have been eating fish once a day too (whitefish on a bagel but I just can't eat it alone) I've been doing a little accupressure, eating walnuts/lentils/oats, gave my feet a warm soak once-and figuring out wheere that heating pad has gotten too. Also, I only had one decaf cuppa yesterday, and about 4oz of reg today (there is no decaf where I am today). I've been subbing out my coffee with a RRL/roiboos/greentea blend, when I go to the store tomorrow I'm going to pick up fertility tea and I've been drinking water with out ice OK, can I just get preagnant already so I can drink my Joe?
#63 of 155 Old 06-26-2006, 11:30 PM

Congratulations Arwyn!!! Have a great pregnancy!
: : : : : : :

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#64 of 155 Old 06-27-2006, 01:36 AM

WHOO HOO!! Congrats!!!

Well, I feel much less stressed about those weekend hot dogs now.

Have a happy and healthy nine months!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#65 of 155 Old 06-27-2006, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations- Arwyn!
And thanks for sharing your story, Lex!
mamimapster- sounds like you are doing good with your eggs and fish.

Well, I picked up a jar of royal jelly yesterday to start taking. It is in honey, and its like eating honey that is super thick and super sweet. Sort of weird, but not nasty. I'm still having sugar cravings, and can't help but eat a tiny amount of sweets, like 4 M&M's a day. Not doing the diet perfect, but my diet is definately better. Its hard to do this while on vacation. And tonight we are supposed to eat dinner with family , at their house, and I guess I'll have to eat whatever they cook, but I'll live

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#66 of 155 Old 06-27-2006, 10:58 AM

Laura, I really think that better can be good enough. Honestly, I can't see how a few "slips" in the course of an otherwise healthy day would prevent your body from conceiving. The sugar and white bread are hard for me to give up too. I had a granola bar for breakfast yesterday - hoping that the oats would balance out the sugar. ha. And I am having MAJOR pizza cravings. And not the vegan kind either. I want mine with loads of processed sausage and pepperoni and cheese. Mmm... cheese....

I am with Mamimapster - can we all just get pg alread so we can eat yummy food again?!?!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#67 of 155 Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid
Ginger Snaps

3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup canola oil
3 tbsp finely grated fresh gingerroot (but I cheat and use 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp powdered ginger)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix together maple syrup, molasses, oil and gingerroot. (the recipe says in a blender but since I use powdered ginger I don't bother)
In a large bowl, put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the maple syrup mixture and combine using as few strokes as possible.
Drop level tbsp-fuls of dough about 1 inch apart on lightly oiled baking sheets.
Bake at 350 deg F for about 12-15 minutes
Let cool 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack.

I am a lazy cook so I don't use the blender (more dishes to wash ) These come out nice and chewy Sometimes I need a sweet treat and these satisfy me without the guilt. I'm curious to see how other flours work with it because I may be going off wheat too!

I'll go through my recipes and see what else I can add
I forwarded this recipe to my cousin. He has cancer and is on a serious diet from his TCM doctor. Kind of like what we are doing, but even more restrictive. He also rarely cheats, since he is fighting for his life. Anyways I just wanted to show you what he wrote back about this.

Wow, I tried them with spelt flour and almond flour and then put the mix into a round cake pan because it was kind of runny. Sooo good! Thanks for the recipe, it's a good one because it's pretty easy too.

So I'm definitely going to try them! My eating isn't as good as last week, but pretty good. We don't have much in the way of groceries since we're going on vacation in a few days.

#68 of 155 Old 06-27-2006, 10:36 PM

We had this one for dinner a few nights ago. It calls for regular flour, but was great with whole wheat flour, and I see no reason it wouldn't work with corn flour as well:

Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken

1/2 Cup flour
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 chicken legs/thighs
1/2 cup milk (rice or soy would be fine)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper in a plastic bag.

2. Dip chicken legs in milk; shake off excess. Add to bag and shake to coat evenly. Place chicken on a greased baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes, until chicken is tender and coating crisp.

We had these with green beans and sliced tomatoes. Yum.

#69 of 155 Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63
I forwarded this recipe to my cousin. He has cancer and is on a serious diet from his TCM doctor. Kind of like what we are doing, but even more restrictive. He also rarely cheats, since he is fighting for his life. Anyways I just wanted to show you what he wrote back about this.

Wow, I tried them with spelt flour and almond flour and then put the mix into a round cake pan because it was kind of runny. Sooo good! Thanks for the recipe, it's a good one because it's pretty easy too.

So I'm definitely going to try them! My eating isn't as good as last week, but pretty good. We don't have much in the way of groceries since we're going on vacation in a few days.
I'm so glad he liked them
#70 of 155 Old 06-30-2006, 10:02 PM

I don't know if any of you have tried this, but I found organic corn pasta at our local health food store today. We are investigating alternative pastas since whole wheat pasta makes me gag.

Anywhoo, the corn pasta is pretty tasty! No weird texture, although it is a little softer than the wheat stuff - shorter cooking time, too. I made a yummy pasta salad with it tonight with white beans, lightly steamed snow peas and red peppers, and tomatoes, and an oil/vinegar/garlic/rosemary dressing.

#71 of 155 Old 07-01-2006, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Oooh, that pasta salad sounds yummy!

I feel off the wagon today- we went to Disney World, and I just couldn't do it... And if we do more vacationy stuff tomorrow I will probably just wing it and get back on my diet on Sunday. Unfortunately though- I feel sort of sick tonight, and I'm guessing its the icecream and hotdog. I think my body prefers I not eat that junk. lol

#72 of 155 Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 AM

I don't blame you, Laura. I don't think DisneyWorld is the place for any kind of diet. I mean, it IS the happiest place on earth, right?

Isn't it amazing how quickly your body rejects junk? We went to the horse races a couple of weeks ago and chowed down on a huge order of garlic fries, and both dh and I felt sooo sick. The next day we were fine, and, not coincidentally, back to eating right.

I just wish that all that stuff that is so bad for us didn't taste so darn good!

#73 of 155 Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena
I just wish that all that stuff that is so bad for us didn't taste so darn good!
Isn't that the truth? LOL Back to eating better again. So, has anyone else had any positive results from the diet change? Better looking charts or better cm? I haven't had a better fertility month, but I'm going to give it another 2 months at least. And if I keep feeling like my body is happier on the diet, I guess that is something. (But I really want a baby!)

#74 of 155 Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM

Welcome home Laura!

I've been feeling so much better I don't get so tired and I haven't been getting headaches. I don't even miss sugar, even when my dh and son are consuming my birthday chocolate. I still have peanut butter sandwiches when we are out though, and cheese on my caesar salad. I'm trying to put less on though. Now all I need is my BFP
#75 of 155 Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Well, I don't know if it is the energy healing, or the diet, or both, but I have had my most normal cycle this month since before dd was conceived. I had been having early spotting, cramps, major PMS, you name it. But this month, NONE of that! So cool!! I am feeling better too - more energy, a more positive outlook, etc.

I believe af is trying to get into the baby room, so it doesn't look like a baby for us this month either. Major bummer, but there is next month... and if we still need IVF due to our male factor problems, at least I know my body is more likely to accept the embryos.

My question is, has anyone had success weaning from sugar entirely - I mean, to where you are eating nothing with sugar or sweeteners anywhere in it? It is EVERYWHERE - even my organic sprouted wheat bread! And without bread, just what the heck am I supposed to eat for breakfast?!?!

#76 of 155 Old 07-03-2006, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, Astrid- Its OK- I am staying with my mom in the house I grew up in, so I sort of feel home. And I use her computer like I own it, so I guess I'm almost back to normal MDC usage.

Dena- I haven't cut sugar completely, and I'd love to know if anyone has, but its not because of bread- I did cut that completely. For breakfast I have some combo of: oatmeal (but with honey), eggs, turkey bacon, fresh fruit (raw, but I think that's OK), or strange leftovers from the night before. I think if you cut out the junky sugars- icecream, sodas and candy etc, the little bit in things like bread and varous milks (almost all have some) are probably not a big deal.

#77 of 155 Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 PM

Well, last night we tried quinoa pasta. I liked it better than the corn pasta even - in fact, it is almost exactly like wheat pasta. If anyone tries it though, I would caution that, one, it is sticky, so put a little oil in the water and, two, it cooks FAST - good thing I checked it at five minutes, or we would have had a soggy sticky mass, instead of just the sticky mass we ended up eating. But it tasted pretty good anyway.

This is what I made last night - it was very yummy! There is a little cheese in it, but it works out to two teaspoons per serving, so I decided that was ok. It was just hard not to sample while I cooked. I cheese!!

Pasta with Asparagus & Lemon

(From: Moosewood Restaurant New Classics)

Serves 6, prep/cooking time: 35 minutes

1.5 pounds asparagus (I used frozen and it worked just fine)

1 pound pasta (penne or casarecce works well)

Quarter cup fresh lemon juice

Quarter cup extra-virgin olive oil

salt and black pepper to taste

Quarter cup grated Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese

Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.

Meanwhile, rinse the asparagus, snap off the tough lower stems, and discard them. Cut off an inch and a half of the asparagus tips and reserve. Chop the rest of the stems. Cook the asparagus tips in boiling water to cover for three or four minutes, until tender. Remove to a colander with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pot blanch the chopped asparagus stems for six or seven minutes, unti tender. Drain, rinse in cold water, and reserve separately.

Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. While the pasta cooks, puree the asparagus stems, lemon juice, and olive oil in a blender or food processor until smooth. If necessary, add a little of the hot pasta water.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large bowl. Stir in the asparagus puree, the asparagus tips, and the grated cheese. If the pasta has cooled, stir it in a pot on high heat for one or two minutes, until hot. Serve immediately.

Per 12-ouce serving: 433 calories, 15.4 grams protein, 13 grams fat, 64.8 grams carbohydrates, 2.7 grams saturated fatty acids, 4.5 mg cholesterol,
115 mg sodium, 4.5 g total dietary fiber

#78 of 155 Old 07-08-2006, 01:45 PM

OOOooo, Dena, that looks good! Definitely want to try that.

I tried this one brand of organic rice pasta - Tsomethingsomething - and it had the opposite problem: took FOREVER to cook. It was a little different from wheat pasta, but it was really good. Too bad it costs four times as much as my organic whole wheat pasta from TJs...

I'm still trying to reduce wheat (and dairy, ugh!) on the recommendation from my old acupuncturist and based on the idea that just 'cause I got pregnant doesn't mean all these problems cleared up. I probably won't be using any of the herbal recommendations, though! And I'm just jonesing to get to an acupuncturist. That's up on my list, right after finding a midwife...
#79 of 155 Old 07-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Oh, don't you just LOVE TJ's?! I found some sprouted wheat pasta there yesterday that we will try soon. Also found pumpkin seeds and a yummy snack mix of pine nuts, almonds, and pepitas. Tasty! Oh, and some rice crackers with black sesame seeds and just a little bit of cane juice.

Wow, now I am getting hungry... snack time!

#80 of 155 Old 07-09-2006, 11:45 AM

We're just back from vacation last night. We were camping and man did I eat. And drink : Lots of hotdogs, pop, smores, chips just total junk. Anyways we are cleaning the fridge today and shopping this afternoon. I'm hoping to jump right back into my healthy eating.

#81 of 155 Old 07-09-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm 7DPO, but fairly cirtain I'm not pregnant I though maybe because I've been verrry sleepy/napping every chance I get, but yesterday/todayI've had pre-AF signs (sore back, light spotting etc.)I'm still tyring to keep to the diet though, and this marks two weeks of no coffee (other that a small cup of decaf here and there), and none at all in the past week. I did cheat with a small ice cream sundae fri night, and a root beer float last night. I did cut out the maple syrup on my oatmeal though, so maybe one balances out the other I do feel better on the diet, and some of my pre-AF signs are lower than usual. I've never made it past 11dpo without AF though:
#82 of 155 Old 07-09-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Leslie- Glad you had a great time camping. Have fun grocery shopping.

mamimapster- Have you considered progesterone cream? Starting to spot at 7dpo is usually due to low progesterone (I bet you had Kidney Yang def?) They make some with wild yam root that is supposed to be good, I think the book even recommended it. I keep debating doing it myself, probably will next month.

#83 of 155 Old 07-09-2006, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I am doing as good as I can with the diet. I haven't avoided the wheat or dairy like a food allergy would- a little has found its way in (like breaded chicken), but I think I'm doing really good. And I can tell I feel better. Sugar is still hard, but I'm eating way less than I was, so that's something.

I can't wait until I get back to my own home so I can cook again, and try the foods you all keep suggesting. I love the recipes!

#84 of 155 Old 07-09-2006, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMomma
Leslie- Glad you had a great time camping. Have fun grocery shopping.

mamimapster- Have you considered progesterone cream? Starting to spot at 7dpo is usually due to low progesterone (I bet you had Kidney Yang def?) They make some with wild yam root that is supposed to be good, I think the book even recommended it. I keep debating doing it myself, probably will next month.
You are totally right about the Kidney Yang, I answered almost every question for Kidney Yang with a Yes- I've already been Dx'ed with low progesterone and short Luteal phase, and have been taking daily progesterone in the 2nd half on my cycle for the pst three months. Mayyybe (very slim chance) the spotting was implantation: I've eaten almost two whole pineapples in the past week (a little every day) . After reading TIC I asked my clinic (Chicago Women's health center- they totally ROCK), about the cream and they explained that the way I was using it was more "direct"- My script is for a natural progesterone, not a synthetic which as I've been told causes all kinds of side effects-the natural cream, and the script don't-I've never had any side effects from it, however it hasn't stopped the midcycle spotting and short luteal phase either- well, if this month didn't work next month were on to clomid (continuing the actupuncture, diet, lack of coffee and chocolate.
#85 of 155 Old 07-10-2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMomma
I am doing as good as I can with the diet. I haven't avoided the wheat or dairy like a food allergy would- a little has found its way in (like breaded chicken), but I think I'm doing really good. And I can tell I feel better. Sugar is still hard, but I'm eating way less than I was, so that's something.
Sugar is so hard, because it seems to be in EVERYTHING. Yipes. I am not eating sugary snacks (thank goodness for seasonal fruits!), but I know I am still getting some sweeteners in crackers, bread, and cereal. Other than cutting those things out and going to an entirely whole foods diet - which is more of a challenge than I am up for personally - I just don't see how we can completely cut sugar.

It sounds like you are doing great, Laura. And it must be doing something if you are feeling better! AND, I don't think a little here and there is going to completely destroy all your other hard work.

I am doing a 7-day detox right now, just in case there are any drugs left from our last three IVFs before we head into our FET in Sept. I am sooo tired, but I noticed my feet have been warm for the last two days! There is both spirulina and chlorella, as well as wheat grass, in the detox mix, so I am thinking I need to go get some supplements!

#86 of 155 Old 07-10-2006, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mamimapster- That's a shame that the progesterone hasn't helped so far. I'll send you lots of good thoughts that it is implantation!

Dena- That detox sounds really neat. I hope it leaves you feeling refreshed and wonderful! Thanks for the encouraging words-

#87 of 155 Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 PM

Ok, now I'm confused...

I thought it would be a fine idea to go back and re-take the tests in the book to see if anything has improved... ha, silly me. :

Now I think I have BOTH kidney Yang and Yin deficiencies, in addition to the spleen. Is this possible? I am answering yes to about a third of both categories, but what confuses me is that some of the advice appears to be a little conflicting - i.e., warming foods with cinammon and ginger for Kidney Yang, but avoiding dry, pungent spices or anything too spicy for Kidney Yin. Am I totally overthinking this? Are ginger and cinnomon not dry or pungent? AAAAGH!!

I would totally appreciate any insights y'all might have...

(BTW, I found some yummy tea at Trader Joe's - organic decaf chai green tea, with cinammon, ginger, and anise. Tasty!)

#88 of 155 Old 07-11-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena

(BTW, I found some yummy tea at Trader Joe's - organic decaf chai green tea, with cinammon, ginger, and anise. Tasty!)
I'm not sure, as I didn't think is was possible to be both Yin and yang def, but the spleen does make sense, if I remember correctly when the Kidney yang is deficient it can borrow energy from the spleen. Also the tea sounds great, and is all things I'm supposed to have. However, is the anise taste strong? I loathe the taste of anything "licoricy" and anise flavoring =licorice in my universe.
#89 of 155 Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 AM

I did find a section in the book where old ladies like me often are deficient in both yin and yang in the kidneys. I take some comfort in the fact that the symptoms I have pointing to that appear to be the milder ones, and not the "classic pattern" she talks about for aging women. The spleen, I think, is my biggest issue, and I believe something to concentrate on in my next energy healing session on Thursday. It makes sense that the spleen could take energy from the kidneys, so if I can get that calmed down, the kidneys may well follow.

I am drinking the tea right now, and I don't think the anise taste is terribly strong - it is star anise, which I think is a little milder than regular anyway. The predominant flavors are ginger and cinnamon. Of course, I don't mind anise, so maybe it is just that. If you like typical chai you would probably like it. I am missing the sugar I usually put in tea, though.

I have been talking to my baby to be recently, telling him (don't know why, not a preference, just think its a him) that I hope he appreciates all this!

#90 of 155 Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Dena- that tea sounds neat!

Well, my AF is at least a little improved this month, only 1.5 days of spotting before flow started, instead of 4 days of spotting like last month. And the flow seems improved in quality (sorry if TMI) red instead of pink. So that's something.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page