Clomid questions - I'm taking the plunge - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 148 Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When do you go to the dr? Maybe a blood test would be able to tell you if you were pg and miscarried? I'm sorry! Seems like we're all having not-such-great news lately.

Btw, where in OK are you? We lived for 7 yrs in Norman, and miss it tremendously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 148 Old 11-16-2006, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Wow it seems we are all having a month here! I'm sorry 11years, it's not an easy process. I'm thinking about you and hoping that you recover quickly and continue on this path.

Just an update for us. I'm getting an IUI this month - at some point probably in the next 5 days. We've made the decision that if we aren't pg by the end of December or January (so 3 IUI rounds at the most) we are going to start the adoption process. I'm actually really okay with this decision. I figure at least with that I have a higher chance of actually having a child in my life. I'll miss the pregnancy opportunity, and I'll start the family I've been dreaming of since I was 3.

We're not out of the game yet. This month has so far been much easier with the clomid. I think taking half the dose is much easier on my body. I'll let ya know how the IUI goes.

hang in there everyone!
shannon
#63 of 148 Old 11-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxey13 View Post
Wow it seems we are all having a month here! I'm sorry 11years, it's not an easy process. I'm thinking about you and hoping that you recover quickly and continue on this path.

Just an update for us. I'm getting an IUI this month - at some point probably in the next 5 days. We've made the decision that if we aren't pg by the end of December or January (so 3 IUI rounds at the most) we are going to start the adoption process. I'm actually really okay with this decision. I figure at least with that I have a higher chance of actually having a child in my life. I'll miss the pregnancy opportunity, and I'll start the family I've been dreaming of since I was 3.

We're not out of the game yet. This month has so far been much easier with the clomid. I think taking half the dose is much easier on my body. I'll let ya know how the IUI goes.

hang in there everyone!
shannon
Good luck to you Shannon. Have you considered IVF? The process at my place suggests 6 rounds with clomid and then they move you to IVF. Just another option to consider if you haven't yet already.

This process is so challenging in so many different ways. I am just so very thankful for how far this whole process has come in the past 20 or so years.

Good luck once again to everyone Here's to a happy, fertile holiday season for all of us!
#64 of 148 Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM

Hello all,

I'm new on the board, lurking for a while, and have gathered much encouragement and good information to date! Thank you all.

It's a bit of a long story, but I am newly 40 and dh and I have been trying for a little over a year--this will be cycle 14. He got a vasectomy reversal in March '05--fortunately we had a fabulous surgeon, and dh has healed well. His counts are pretty good. Anyway, after a year, I decided to bite the bullet at go to the R/E. We're in Portland, OR, and using Fertility Consultants, OHSU's fertility group. Last month we did IUI, no meds. I think I actually conceived--my LP was 15 days, with a triphasic temp increase 13dpo, and my lp is NEVER more than 12 days. But, then, a drop 15dpo, and today AF with a vengeance. :

So, it's on to Clomid/IUI this month. I have been really really hoping not to do Clomid, and had to work pretty hard not to feel like a total failure for having to take this step. We've worked so hard with diet and lifestyle and supps to make it happen. Oh, yeah, and bd-ing on the right days! Now, we've decided to take the plunge. Who knows, it may not even work for me, we'll see this month. We're doing the IUI with it since my clock is ticking pretty loudly at this point. I have taken to trying to remember how many years I was on the pill, as I've read that the pill surpresses ovulation, extending your supply of eggs. : Here's hoping!

We are planning to do 3 cycles (I always feel pessimistic talking about multiple cycles of one effort or another, but by now, the idea that this will ever work seems a little surreal...). I have already decided not to go any further technologically. This is for $$$ reasons (the reversal was expensive and not insured, nor will the Clomid cycles be), and also 'cuz I'm just not comfortable with it for myself.

I saw foxey13's comment about moving to adoption, and I really understand. This morning, when I temped and saw the drop and thought "I'm bleeding," I just felt so tired of the whole thing. I don't honestly know if we'll approach adoption or not. I learned recently that over 40 is not only a problem for getting pregnant--it's a problem for adopting! Hard not to start taking this personally. :

Sorry to sound like such a dark cloud on my first post--I am actually doing better today than I'd expected. Doing the keep busy response, planning the eighteen-zillion trips to the R/E for the CCT, etc. My fingers are crossed all kinds of ways for all of us.
#65 of 148 Old 11-16-2006, 10:58 PM

Welcome Pottergrrl! Sorry you have to join "this" group but we are all pretty much in the same boat so we can relate to what you've said. Its an emotional ride that is for sure.

With my first dd they told us they didn't feel there is any way I would conceive with the clomid/IUI and they scheduled us right away to go for the IVF, they set up the appointments for the classes etc and next thing you know I was pregnant on the first cycle So hang in there, you just never know!

Best of luck to you and to all of us here
#66 of 148 Old 11-17-2006, 08:01 PM

Welcome PotterGrrl - and hope your stay here is short and sweet - for all the right reasons!!

I understand what you mean about moving on - it took us six IUIs and three IVFs, among other procedures, to conceive dd, and by the last one I was just DONE. If it hadn't worked, we would definitely have moved on to adoption.

This whole process can be completely exhausting and demoralizing. One of my personal favorite ways of dealing is energy healing. I cannot say enough good things about how much better I feel since I started seeing a healer in June. It is amazing.

As for me this cycle, I am still waiting. AF is due Sunday, and I feel like I have wasted enough $$ in my lifetime on pg tests that I am just going to wait and see if she arrives. Feels like she will, but then I have lost count of the number of pg women I have heard say that, so who knows.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#67 of 148 Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 PM

Thanks much for the welcome Dena and mom2olivia. It surely helps as I sit in a puddle of confused emotion about this whole thing. : I've spent the day split between a deadline project for work and emotional conversations with dh (we're also business partners!). No pressure.

Anyway, despite lots of wavering, I go for my FSH tomorrow, and start the clomid on Monday. and start thinking fertile thoughts.
#68 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 03:45 AM

You know, I have felt that way before each and every step we have taken in the IF process. I waver, I equivocate, I almost cancel the cycle, and then, in the end, I press on. Every time, except our first IVF, I have been a nervous mess until the needle hits my skin on the first night. (Why I wasn't nervous before our first IVF, I have no idea, except I was convinced it wasn't going to work. It didn't.) Anyway, once I take the first step, I am fine - excited over the process and the end result. I am sure you will get there too.

Something that plays through my head before every cycle is a scene from the West Wing that I saw just before my second IVF cycle. The president had just come back from his secretary's funeral, he was being bashed in the press for disclosing that he had NOT previously disclosed his MS, and he was seriously thinking about throwing in the towel and not running again, and the scene showed a conversation with his deceased secretary, who told him that if he didn't run again because he didn't want to run again, that was fine, but if he didn't run again because he was scared, or thought he would lose, "then, god, Jed, I don't even want to know you." For some reason, that scene got me up off my but to get in for the second IVF, and, seeing it again before the third helped too - now it is a constant reminder that I don't give up because I am scared or think I will lose. I only give up if I am ready to give up, if I just don't want to take that next step (or the same step the next time). Now, I may be way off base here and this may not be what you are going through at all, but I wanted to share anyway, for what it is worth.

Keep us posted on how your cycle goes - looking forward to good news in the coming weeks!

(BTW, I am spotting, so it looks like I will be joining y'all for at least another month... sigh...)

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#69 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 AM

Welcome, PotterGrrl. I'm sorry you have to be here, too, but it's nice to have company and people to talk with while going through all this.

Dena, I'm sorry. But thank you for sharing that story!
#70 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 03:29 PM

Hi ALL!!! My name is Tashauna and DH and I have only been "actively" TTC for this current cycle, BUT I went off BCP in October 2005, and have not had AF without progesterone since. ie, I don't ovulate on my own! SO, since we're ready now, doc went ahead and gave me another shot to induce AF, and a prescription for Clomid. I am now on CD 9, and finished taking the Clomid yesterday. I am secretly hoping for the twins that Clomid seems to cause but I will be oh so happy with one baby. I cannot pretend to relate to any of your long TTC journeys, but I do understand your need for Clomid, and hope to fit in here! I am very active on the TTC: One Thread, but am looking to find ladies I can relate directly to. GL to you all, I hope that this month will be lucky for us all!
#71 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Welcome, Tashauna. I hope you won't have to be on clomid long! How are you feeling? I'm on my 2nd cycle. The first was tortuous, and I felt like a screaming banshee. This cycle has been easier, much to my relief.
#72 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 05:55 PM

Everyone says they have had bad mood swings with Clomid...I don't see it. Maybe cuz I'm moddy in general , but I don't feel any different with that respect. I do, however, notice some hot flashes, and MAJOR headaches yesterday and today!! Not sure if the headaches are related to the Clomid, but I haven't had headaches like this in a LONG time!!
#73 of 148 Old 11-18-2006, 07:26 PM

I got warned by the pharmacist that clomid would make me naseaus, and by the clinic nurse that it could give me killer headaches, and for that reason both suggested taking it in the evenings, so at least you could sleep through part of it!

Thank you for sharing that story, Dena. I think touchstones are critical to each of us as we travel on this path. Besides the obvious touchstone of hoping for a baby!

My feelings about clomid are pretty complicated. Part of the issue I have is with the sheer chemical-ness of the drug. I have spent years getting my body off of the manmade hormones and chemicals that we are poisoning our good earth with. And now, I am signing up to take a concentrated dose. Sorry to put it so bluntly. Care and stewardship for the earth and for our selves has become an important component of what I will call my spiritual practice. So this feels very conflicted to me. I was talking to my mother the other day, and she said, well, you know I hate medications, too, but sometimes it is necessary. And I told her that while I certainly agree with that (due to a serious childhood illness, I can honestly say that I own my life to modern medicine), I do not see this as a "necessity." This is a choice that I am making, a choice in part necessated by the fact that I have waited this long to try to conceive in the first place. So I do not feel that I get some dispensation that says, this is a medical necessity. It is not a medical necessity that I have a child. Blah. Anyway, this is one of the long winding alleys my mind travels down.

A whole other part of me just feels like a big old failure for not being able to get pregnant on my own, and taking the clomid feels like an admission of failure. This is an old, bad pattern of mine. Looking at this, and knowing that it is a bad place to make decisions from, is a part of what made me decide to go forward.

I seem to be coming to some peace today, we went to the farmer's market, talked to the good people there, got some pedalling in. I went for the blood draw for the first FSH, and she was good and fast with the vein, which is also nice! I start the clomid Monday. I'll let you know how I weather the storm!
#74 of 148 Old 11-19-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
The first was tortuous, and I felt like a banshee. This cycle has been easier, much to my relief.
Kristen I'm so glad you're not a Banshee this month I know you were really having a hard time! It made me laugh out loud, simply b/c I can so relate!

Tashauna Welcome to our little clomid clache, I hope your stay is fruitful and short!

Dena I'm so sorry. Hang in there, and keep chatting with us!

PotterGrrl I was in the same place you were about clomid. It took me many months to be willing to take the plunge. I had multiple prescriptions and labs called in and I stalled each month. I finally decided that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So on the clomid I went. I actually take it first thing in the morning, as suggested by my acupuncturist. We figured that if I was going to have hot flashes I'd rather have them during the day, so I can sleep at night. No real horrible side effects this month - last month I was physcially miserable but I was on 100mg to do the CCT.

Kerri Thanks for the suggestion of IVF. I've considered IVF and feel like it's not the right choice for me. Part of it is (as my great Dutch friend tells me) my Dutchiness with money. IVF is so expensive and the stats aren't so great. Adoption is roughly the same price, you get $10K back from the government and have a pretty high chance of getting a kid. I'm not totally married to having a bio child, I'd much rather just have a child. There's also another part of me that feels if I can't get pg with minimal intervention there's a reason why. I put a lot of what I do in life to the universe, and find my answers through that. If I'm not pg with clomid and IUI we're done. I 100% support others doing IVF and know it's a great thing (my coworker is currently pg with an IVF baby), it's just not right for me. And as I write this I chuckle b/c 6 months ago I vowed I wouldn't do IUI and clomid. So......I may change my tune.

Just a quick update I'm on cd 12 and waiting to O. I've had the flu for the past 3 days, so I'm assuming things are a bit off. DH and I still dtd last night, but it was a stretch! I just couldn't waste all the lovely clomid this month. We're just waiting for the peak on the clear blue box so I can call the IUI beeper number. With my luck we're gonna be doing it on Thanksgiving. That would be humerous (as I'm in charge of dinner this year...thank god we bought a cooked turkey!) I'm much more comfortable this month, not nearly as sore as last month. My personality is still a bit on edge, but I think I'm always a bit on edge. ha ha

Have a GREAT couple of days gals and hang in there. I just have to continue to believe in right action and that all of us are the PERFECT mama's and our children will come into our lives. I got an email from my teacher (I've been an active martial artist for 16+ years) who told me to KO (knock out) worry regarding children, they are on their way. I believe this is a message for ALL of us!

much love!
shannon
#75 of 148 Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 PM

Anyone experience a very light flow following clomid? I've only taken clomid twice previously and the first time I conceived dd, so no flow after that and then I took it again a couple of months ago and I don't remember having a light flow then....but I do now. I can't think of any other reason why it would be so light. I did take a preg. test on 12 dpo and it was a BFN. My periods are not typically heavy, but usually medium.....this cycle its almost like it is on your last day.

And Shannon, my fingers are crossed that you don't have to dash out on Thanksgiving! I know I'll be O'ing on a Saturday this time around, so this will be interesting to have to call/plan it this time.
#76 of 148 Old 11-20-2006, 03:33 AM

These hot flashes are KILLING me!!!! It's 40 degrees outside, we have no heat, and I'm sweating!!!! AAAHHH!!!! I stopped taking the Clomid 3 days ago...when does it stop???:
#77 of 148 Old 11-20-2006, 10:23 AM

mom2olivia, I don't think the clomid causes extremely light flow, at least it didn't for me. Ever since ds was born my flow has been horribly heavy, so I would have weclomed a change. Have you chatted with your dr or a phone nurse?

Fishie Kisses, I was never blessed with hot flashes (thank goodness!), but the side-effects I suffered from (mostly emotional), lasted all cycle long. Maybe someone else who had the hot-flashes might know more...
#78 of 148 Old 11-21-2006, 05:05 PM

mom2olivia: any word yet? I would definitely HPT again, and/or talk to your doc if it's still light. I know some women have many days of light flow with a pregnancy.

fishiekisses: i think i had my first official hot flashes last night at 3 a.m. We leave our heat at 55 overnight, and I had no covers on. DH and I had a nice chat though, since he couldn't sleep either.

foxey13: Oh can I relate to dtd in rain and snow and dark of flu. Fortunately it mostly makes dh and I laugh to think of all those years of dtd for fun and worrying about getting pregnant. It starts to feel a bit military sometimes these days. "All right men, on your feet! March!" Hee.

Last month we did IUI, and had to go in a on a Sunday. Fortunately our clinic has a good procedure for it, but it is definitely more nervewracking. On the other hand, there's not any waiting when you're practically the only people in the building! Last cycle I did not have very good luck using the OPK that the clinic prefers, and ended up judging based on our monitor, which they do not prefer. So this time, I am going to use the test sticks 2xday. I'm thinking first thing, and then 7p.m. more or less. Does anyone have strategies for this?
#79 of 148 Old 11-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Things resumed to normal last night/today. It should be ending today based on my past history...however it seems like a typical day 2. Very strange for sure. I will mention it next time I go in though.

We are going for round #2 of clomid + IUI later this month...so hopefully I'll get a BFP for Christmas!

Dust to all
#80 of 148 Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm thinking first thing, and then 7p.m. more or less. Does anyone have strategies for this?[/QUOTE]

I have been told several times that first thing in the morning is often not the best time to catch the LH surge. My dr recommended anytime after about 2. If I'm testing 2x, I'll usually test early afternoon and then late pm.
#81 of 148 Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Howdy Gals -

I'm sitting here chuckleing (sp?) to myself about how I left work at 10:30 to go get knocked up and I'm back at work again. Oh how this process becomes so clinical. If my colleagues knew why they had to cover my lunch duty they may not be so willing next time!

We did our first IUI today. So now I'm officially in the 2ww... UGH here we go again. The good news is my dh is uber-virile! Apparently they are looking for a swim team of at least 10 million for the IUI, chris is at 265 million! And that was after washing! Why am I not pregnant yet?! :

Holly - here's what we did for the O check. Luckily I O pretty consistently, so it's easy for me to track. On day 10 (day 3 after my last clomid dose) I fire up the old clear blue fertility monitory that I've had great luck with. I know you're not supposed to use first morning urine, but the box was made for that and so far I've been on track. I check to see if the thing has moved from nothing to high and then start using the OPK's as well (I got a box from costco). I use the OPK with my second urine (as the IUI pager is only on from 8 - noon). When I get a double positive I called. We did the same drill w/o the IUI, just clomid, and seemed to have the same pattern. RN said looked like I was "primed and ready to go". So we'll see.

I'm humored at how clinical it's all become, and my scientific brain is very interested in the process. We got to see the swimmers on the microscope and that was COOL.

Here's sending out baby dust to all this month! And wishes for very fun and stress free thanksgivings!

-shannon
#82 of 148 Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 PM

Shannon--great numbers! It sounds like your IUI was as right on as these things can be. I'll be hoping for that perfect match up for swimmers and eggs!

The clinicalness is such a trip. DH and I don't drive, and we rode our bikes to the IUI, and were laughing as we got back on them 30 minutes after "sex" with a third party (so to speak!).

Thanks for the advice on OPKs Shannon and Kristen. My o's are not terribly regular these days, but my signs are pretty clear, and I am generally in a 4-day window, so I will probably use the monitor to get my first high, and then start augmenting with sticks.

Good luck with the 2ww Shannon. I was thinking the other day that part of why the 2ww is so bloody hard is that we are out of things to do after the big O. I have actualy found comfort in temping sometimes, since it's a small ritual that I can do to mark the days.

Have a great--and fertile--Thanksgiving everyone.
#83 of 148 Old 11-26-2006, 11:28 PM

How's everyone doing? Did you all survive the holiday alright?

My fil, mil, sil, and new bil and step-neice came from down south. Lots of drama, lots of stress, very little sleep, and WAY too much regular coffee (they had a fit if I even made a blend of decaf and reg, and I was too tired to keep decaf going just for me...). That doesn't bode well, does it? But I'll refrain from too much negative thinking until later this week! I'm 10dpo, so getting close! At least with being busy over the holiday, I wasn't obsessing over my chart like I usually do!
#84 of 148 Old 11-27-2006, 04:39 PM

Hello all,

Sorry your holiday was stressful, kristenok18. I think getting through those situations is the key--whatever it takes!

I had a blessedly relaxing thanksgiving with friends, though I had a scare when my mother called after being in an auto accident on the way to my cousins on Thanksgiving day. Fortunately she was not injured, but was very shook up. It was one of those reminders that it is a gift to be alive, and I hope to hold onto that when I am stressing in my own process. I and mine are healthy and whole and so so fortunate in what we have.

I was also thankful not to suffer any apparent side effects from the clomid, which was M-F last week. I went for my second FSH Saturday. Apparently my day 3 was good--6.4, so we'll see how day 10 looked. This morning (CD12) I got a faint line on my OPK, so I am going to test again this afternoon, if I get it again, I am gong to try to schedule my mid-cycle scan for tomorrow morning. It's earlier than they expected, but I never trust the "averages" the experts base their predictions on. I spose if I did, I wouldn't be trying to get pregnant at 40! I've been having some twinging around my left ovary the last couple of days, too, so hopefully we've got some ripe, fertile eggs waiting for some action. :
#85 of 148 Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGrrl View Post
I got a faint line on my OPK, so I am going to test again this afternoon, if I get it again, I am gong to try to schedule my mid-cycle scan for tomorrow morning.
: Good luck with the scan!!!

And . I'm so glad your mother is okay. What a scary thing to have happen!
#86 of 148 Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 AM

Hi foxey13, your situation is so similar to mine I hope you would know something about the timing of the IUI. I have been using the clearblue for 2 years now so I can tell when ovulation is indicated but maybe not specifically enough?

On some websites, it says use an OPK then schedule an appt for the next day but I haven't tried dual systems to know if those tests would both "fire" the same day.

I have an IUI semi-scheduled for this fri or sat and my doc is not familiar with the machine - what the two *** days really mean. Do I go that day? I am so impatient!

thanks for whatever you can tell me!
#87 of 148 Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM

Well, I'm on cd2. : I guess the good news is that the clomid worked last cycle and I o'd at a fairly normal time. Now we have to decide whether or not to try IUI this cycle or wait. Dh has an appt with a new dr Monday, a urologist who specializes in fertility issues, so I guess we'll wait and see how that goes. Sigh.

How is everyone else doing?
#88 of 148 Old 11-30-2006, 07:59 PM

Oh, Kristen, so sorry. Nothing to suggest--just empathy.

We just got back from my mid-cycle scan. It's cd 15, and I have produced some mighty big follicles. Two in the left and three on the right, ranging from a small of 16x16 to a large of 33x30. Yowza! (Does anyone know if the R/Es reverse your ovaries when they talk about them? When he was pushing the stick to what I consider my right ovary, he kept talking about my left ovary. I assume he pushes toward the side he's looking at...)Unfortunately my lining is not looking so robust--5 or 6mm. Apparently this is the dark side of clomid. (One of them, anyway!) So, the doc who did the scan has to go over the results with my doctor. He said she may want to trigger ovulation cuz the follicles are getting so big, but then, they might wanna wait and hope I get a little more lining going on. Based on my cervix firmness and lowness, cm, and the very pale blue of the OPK, I don't think I'll surge on my own til tomorrow or saturday.

What do they use to trigger? Is it one of the things that I am supposed to inject myself? I hate to sound whiny (though frankly, it's been a crappy day emotionally, so that's how I feel!), but I just don't know if I can do that. urgh.

Anyway, I know that overall, my clomid response is good news, but I just feel so glum. It is probably hormonal, but it still sucks.
#89 of 148 Old 12-01-2006, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hey There Girls! -

How's your month going? Happy December!

Kristen - damn that sucks! I hate that! : Here's to a much easier december and all your hopes and dreams come true.

Hey Holly - I found that my moods are much more intense on clomid. I felt the downs much more than before, and the ups about the same. It's a hard drug to take, and makes every let down even harder. Yea for the follicles! I think they use an HCG trigger shot, but I don't know who gives it - you or the md. Good Luck!

Dena you still out there? How're ya doin this month?

Me? I'm just waitin my two week wait. It's been 11 days since the IUI and I'm waiting for either my period or to poas. I've got a 3 day martial arts seminar this weekend and am trying to figure out how to do it without fighting. I HATE to fight when I don't know - dumb boys always kick me in the uterus! So we'll see. My teacher has said I don' t have to fight unless I want to, so who knows.

As far as symptoms, I'm tired, but I'm always tired. My bbs hurt, but it's also close to PMS time. No weird smelly stuff, like 2 months ago, but I've been sick so... AAAAHHHHH! I hate to wait.

We have decided that if no bfp this month, december is a "rest" month. We'll be out of town when I'm supposed to O, so no IUI, and I feel like no IUI means I am NOT taking clomid. I'm actually looking forward to 30 days where I don't temp, poas, take pills, etc. We'll be in Whistler when I'm supposed to O, so here's hoping for vacation magic - if needed.

lots of joy and light!
shannon
#90 of 148 Old 12-02-2006, 09:14 PM

Hey Shannon. Don't you think post-10 days dpo gets harder and harder every minute? Hang in there, and I hope your meet is good.

I am joining you on the 2 week wait. It turned out that I did need to trigger using the hcg. I was a little annoyed, actually, cause the clinic was supposed to call and let me know what they wanted me to do, and I finally called them at 3:30, and they called my back at 4:00 after looking at my chart saying, yeah, trigger. The catch being that I needed to go there to pick up the syringe--and they close at 4.30. Made it in 23 minutes on my bike! DH was kind enough (and interested in learning how to give a shot!) to do the injection for me, which was fortunately painless.

We went for the IUI this morning, 36 hours after the trigger. It was a relief to have the eggs release, I have to tell you--things were getting a little tender down there. The little swimmers should have a couple of eggs at least to choose from, I hope! It's a gorgeous sunny day, and I'm taking that as a good omen.

We too are planning a no-intervention December, should this round not take. We need a break, and we are actually taking a week off work over the holidays, and I just don't want to worry about anything.

My mood got really dark there for a couple of days, after I finished the clomid actually. I mean *really* dark, and it feels like that has lifted. I'm hoping for a healthy, fertile December for all of us, and some peace as well, as we head toward the solstice.

Holly

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page