when does an embryo implant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-26-2006, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone can tell me when an embryo implants. I had my transfer on the 22nd when would it implant? And does everyone feel it implant?
#2 of 5 Old 10-26-2006, 05:12 PM

There are so many different ranges, but i think in general they say day 5 - day 12. I have been pregnant 4 times and never had implantation spotting, though some do. I think one time i felt very slight cramping but the other times nada. Again it's different for every person and every pregnancy. I know i'm a lot of help! Hang in there.
#3 of 5 Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 AM

I had a 5-day embryo put in and they did the pregnancy test ten days after that procedure, and as I recall they said implantation generally happens in the first 2-3 days after the procedure. It obviously must have happened well before the 15-day mark because hormone levels are already changed enough to test.

I had several bouts of bleeding during my first trimester. They can't have all been implantation bleeding, and in fact the first time was a couple of weeks after pregnancy was confirmed. Each drop of blood that came out scared the living daylights out of me.

http://findinggaia.com - a novel about romance, shifting gender politics, and environmentalism

http://eat-the-evidence.com

http://kimberlychapman.com

#4 of 5 Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM

I am currently entering my 2nd IVF attempt. My Dr. tells me that the embryo implants between days 2-3 usually. Hope that helps!
#5 of 5 Old 11-04-2006, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank-You for everyones input!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page