Anyone else at the beginning of a Clomid cycle? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 84 Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
11yrsnokid- As you approach O your cervix rises and becomes sot so the sperm can enter. That is why at some times of the month it feels like he is hitting something and when you are fertile he isn't. It is ggod to check your cervix since it will tell you about impending ovulation.

I haven't ad +OPK as of today cd18 but my CP is hogh and soft so I know we are close. Dh leaves today but we BD'd thi morning so I think we did the best we can this cycle. Maybe I will surge tonight:

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 84 Old 01-08-2007, 09:55 PM

Here's a update. I haven't O'd. I just went for a follicule scan and I have one on the left that is 26mm and a nice big cyst and one on the right that is 21mm. My Dr said tha usually you will O when they are between 22 and 28mm so I could O in the next 24 hours. he isn't sure though about the left follicule(sp?) because it looks like it is in the cyst. DH is gone till wed so If I O, this mornings BD will be it but if I don't get a surge till tuesday night then we will BD agin on wed for good measure. Dr wants to see me friday to make sure I O'd and the corpus luteum looks good. At least I know now what is going On, it feels alot better

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#63 of 84 Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Thanks everyone...

I kinda thought it was something along those lines, but wasn't sure. I still didn't know that if the sperm need to swim the distance... or if the are placed there is that fine too... if that makes any sense. If he were smaller and couldnt reach the cervix the sperm would have to swim... Since it is practially right up on it... is that a good thing??? I guess that is my next ???
#64 of 84 Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM

Well I o'd yesterday so the clomid did it's job. Here's to a quick 2ww.

#65 of 84 Old 01-13-2007, 01:58 AM

Congrats on O.... Welcome to 2ww!!!!!!!! I am at the end of 2ww... I am 12dpo, and af is due sunday or monday I will test in the morning. I only have two dollar tests. I hope they work. If not, we are in the middle of an Ice storm so I will have to wail till Mon. or Tue to get a better one.
#66 of 84 Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Dollar tests say im not preggers! ... i am 13dpo today and it's 6:30am. It kinda makes me feel empty when I get a bfn. Like im just broken and my body doesn't work and never will. My cousin just had a baby two weeks ago, my sister just had her 4th baby three months ago and my other cousin had her first last year. I am the last grandchild that hasn't had a baby. Why??????? One is a year younger than me, and the other two are a year older than me. It's not like we are years apart and it will happen for me years down the road....

Okay im thru venting.
#67 of 84 Old 01-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Does anybody else not feel anything before they ovulate with the clomid? I'm on cd10 and took clomid on cd3-7 but I've yet to feel anything happening. I'm beginning to think that it's not working. Has anybody else felt this way?

11yrs - I'm sorry bout your negative. I hate those.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#68 of 84 Old 01-14-2007, 01:43 PM

ive never felt anything, but i dont have the opk's so i dont really know if im o'ing or not

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#69 of 84 Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 PM

No New Years baby for me this year!!! Af came today.... Well I am at the begining of a new clomid cycle!!! Anyone else???
#70 of 84 Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 PM

if i didnt get pregnant this time, im on hold for a few months- we're moving back to the states, and i'll need to find a new doc and stuff, but we'll be doing another rclomid cycle as soon as we can

#71 of 84 Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Ashley>>>You never know... sometimes couples get that bfp on down time!!!
#72 of 84 Old 01-24-2007, 12:58 PM

i just finished the clomid days 5-9, now i'm testing to see if i ovulate. here's hoping!
#73 of 84 Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm on CD3. I'll start Clomid for the first time ever on Friday! I'm so nervous!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#74 of 84 Old 01-25-2007, 10:34 PM

theres nothing to be nervous about... I was anxious myself... I didn't know what to expect. Clomid really isn't that bad. There are a few side effects that everyone experiances differently, but to me it's nothing compared to the benifit of being able to Ovulate... and possibly get pregnant.
#75 of 84 Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 AM

I'm starting Clomid for the first time tomorrow. My doctor prescribed 100 mg on days 2-6 which is different from what I've been hearing. I'll be doing a trigger shot & IUI as well. Here's hoping I don't have many side effects!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#76 of 84 Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 PM

I just started my 3rd cycle of Clomid last night, and I really-really-really hope this one "takes" because my OB says that if Clomid doesn't work after 3 cycles, it's not gonna work, and its time to try something else. That said, I'm not overly thrilled with the OB lately, and I think after 18+months of trying, it's time to go see an RE. (Or anyone but this OB who has 2 kids without any issues and just doesnt seem to fully "get" this infertility thing: )

One question for the Clomid users here - Is anyone else experiencing really heavy, awful, crampy periods for the months where you take it? I don't normally have cramps after CD1 or 2, but I'm on CD 4 here and still cramping. (Af was really ridiculously heavy last month too)
#77 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 AM

itybity: I had a really really bad af this last time, but it was a chemical. All the women i've talked to have said that their's tended to be lighter. I'm sorry that it's heavy for you! What a major pita!

I'm on cd 9, waiting to O, on our second round. I conceived last cycle, but it was a chemical. I'm hoping i'll have good luck this round too. The only two times i've taken clomid i conceived. Got dd and a lost twin in march 05, then this last cycle the chemical. :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#78 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
itybity: I had a really really bad af this last time, but it was a chemical. All the women i've talked to have said that their's tended to be lighter. I'm sorry that it's heavy for you! What a major pita!
Really? both months I've taken Clomd its been awful - heavy cramping, heavy blood/clots - just plain gross. You know its bad when you're grossed out by something you've dealt with since you were 14. I'm gonn ahave to ask my Dr - because I POAS several times each month, and no BFP to report, not even a maybe. Could I just be having a bad reaction to it somehow?
#79 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Hi. I'm thinking that I may be almost at the beginning of a Clomid cycle and I have a question about detecting O. I have a script for 50mg and will take it days 3-7. I am supposed to make an appt. w/ob for the end of the cycle--after I would either be preg or get my period. So I am not really being monitored. It is a low dose and I do ovulate but would be taking it for low progesterone levels.

So how do you predict ovulation when on Clomid? I've heard that it delays ovulation and that opks may give false positives if taken too soon after the Clomid days.
#80 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
So how do you predict ovulation when on Clomid? I've heard that it delays ovulation and that opks may give false positives if taken too soon after the Clomid days.
I used an OPK to see when I ovulated. I was told ovulation normally happens about 5 days after the last pill, but I didn't o until cd23. I also didn't get any false positives on the opk's but have heard that you needt o wait a few days after your last pill to start any opk's. But then I seem to be wierd, because nothing really happens to my body the way anybody expects. Maybe I'm an alien?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#81 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
Hi. I'm thinking that I may be almost at the beginning of a Clomid cycle and I have a question about detecting O. I have a script for 50mg and will take it days 3-7. I am supposed to make an appt. w/ob for the end of the cycle--after I would either be preg or get my period. So I am not really being monitored. It is a low dose and I do ovulate but would be taking it for low progesterone levels.

You can use opks like normal. If you take it within 48 hours after the last pill, there is a chance of a false positive. Most docs recommend waiting three days. You typically will O(especially if you already O on your own) about 5-9 days after your last pill, so around cycle days 12-16. And of course you can always use cm to help predict it too. Good luck!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#82 of 84 Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Thanks, Jillybeans!
#83 of 84 Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM

i got a last night!!!!!!!

#84 of 84 Old 02-05-2007, 06:57 PM

WOW!!! Congrats!!!

: : :
: :
: : :

:::::

::::
::::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page