Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else at the beginning of a Clomid cycle?

10K views 83 replies 17 participants last post by  11yrsNoKid 
#1 ·
I'm on CD6 (taking Clomid CD3-7). I'm praying that I ovulate and that it'll happen within 5-8 days after taking the last pill. Otherwise, we'll be in Christmas territory... not a good thing when you've got stress and family get-togethers to deal with! Anyone else going to be waiting for the big O in the next week or two?

#3 ·
Hi there! Just got my AF this morning so I will start clomid on cd3-7. Very nervous--I did it once about 3 years ago for 2 cycles and it was awful. But I am going into this more educated (not to mention more desperate) than when I was a young 34 year old!! I also have quit smoking and drinking and caffeine, so after dealing with the withdrawl from all that, I hope I will be fine. We have 2 beautiful children, but have failed to get pregnant for the last 5 years, so now it is time to get as aggressive as we can afford. Which basically means one cycle of clomid, next 3 of IUI (plus clomid and prog. of course) and then we're done. I hope we all get pregnant right away and have healthy babies!!

#6 ·
I'm now on CD8, so I'm waiting for an egg!! I took my last Clomid yesterday... should I start testing for O on CD10? I have a fertility monitor... hopefully it won't ask for a test before then (afraid of messing it up with a false positive). This is my first cycle of Clomid and I really hope it works because I hate how I feel on it. I've been depressed and irritable
: However, in all fairness, it might not be Clomid's fault... the holidays are hard on me anyway.

Good luck to everyone... keep us informed!!

#7 ·
So I'm on CD 16 and I was all excited because it finally felt like I was getting somewhere with this ttc business. This is my first round of clomid. I'm on 50mg CD 3-7. I've been monitering my cervix and cervical mucus and things were looking good. I've been testing with OPK which have all been negative, but my cervix was opening and quite high, the CM seemed to be getting stickey and egg white like, and then bang. Last night my cervix was low and closed. (Sorry if this is TMI) So do you think that's it for this cycle for me? Are my chance of ovulating this cycle over?

#8 ·
I have no idea...You said your cm was "sticky" - are you drinking lots of water? You're looking for slippery mucus.
I'm nervouse that it won't work for me. I realized I was really pinning my hopes on it, so I'm trying to calm down...

#9 ·
It can definitely be frustrating to wait and see about ovulation... especially when you haven't been ovulating on your own and are hoping that a new medication will help things along! I'm using a fertility monitor to detect ovulation... today is CD10 and it already says 'high fertility'. I think Clomid can give a false positive on the 'high fertility' days, so I'm just hoping for a 'peak' day at some point (preferably before Christmas!).

Shoelace, you might want to buy a pack of OPK's to use for the next week or so. It's hard to know if you ovulated or not. I know it's frustrating, but hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised! Good luck!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoelace View Post
So I'm on CD 16 and I was all excited because it finally felt like I was getting somewhere with this ttc business. This is my first round of clomid. I'm on 50mg CD 3-7. I've been monitering my cervix and cervical mucus and things were looking good. I've been testing with OPK which have all been negative, but my cervix was opening and quite high, the CM seemed to be getting stickey and egg white like, and then bang. Last night my cervix was low and closed. (Sorry if this is TMI) So do you think that's it for this cycle for me? Are my chance of ovulating this cycle over?
Are you charting temps, too? That's the only definitive way to know if you've missed it, imo. But on my first cycle of 50mg, I didn't o until cd26 or 27.

#11 ·
I am on cd5... This is my third cycle on clomid. I also hate the depression that clomid brings. It is almost like the way i am on it strains my marriage and home life. I feel left out and over worked and just unappriciated. Then at times I feel like I have the best family in the world and am very happy. Christmas this year is hard on us aswell... I should O somewhere between Christmas and New Years......... Here's to waiting!!!!

#12 ·
Yeah, the depression is really bad for me too. I get into fights with my family and I argue that it's not the medicine... that maybe they need to listen to me more, etc when in reality, I'm sure it is the medicine!

Well ladies, I got a "peak fertility" reading on my monitor today, so I guess the Clomid is working for me... WOOOO HOOOO!!!
I'm so excited... this is the first time since I got the monitor that I've seen 'high fertility' and 'peak fertility' readings (since I wasn't ovulating before). I really hope this month is the month!

Good luck to everyone! And try to take it easy with the holidays... stress is bad for ovulation!

#13 ·
: Oh my gosh am I grumpy today...It's awful! I don't know, maybe I'll try some camomille tea or something. But man, I am really fit to be tied as they say.
: I took my last pill yesterday, woke up and threw up this morning...that seemed really odd. It just came on all of a sudden - like morning sickness, I just started salivating a lot and had to run for it. I know I'm not pg yet, so it must just be some kind of hormone shift...
How long do the grumpies/symptoms last? I sure hope this works this time...

#14 ·
Sorry to hear about your symptoms! I think it varies with each person. I've heard people say that the symptoms were worse for them while they were taking the pills, some say that it's worse around the time of ovulation, others say after ovulation is the worst time, and still others say they felt like crap during the whole cycle! Hopefully your body is just adjusting to the changing hormones and you won't run into such strong symptoms anymore.

I have had to constantly remind myself not to make emotional decisions, etc. this month. It's really tricky because not only am I hormonal, but in that hormonal state, I don't want to believe that my feelings are caused by the hormones because then I don't feel validated! I just try to constantly remind myself that it'll all be worth it and that I'll feel better tomorrow.

#15 ·
love2bmom... My first cycle on clomid, I was very moody on the last day of the pill taking. I snapped at my dh because Mcdonald's credit card machine was not working and I was hungry and late for work all at the same time... I litterally screamed at him like it was his fault... ( i am not like that) I also threw up that morning as well, and the next week. It was a queezy feeling when I woke up that made me think it was somthing like morning sickness. Pretty much the whole cycle i felt like crap!!! Really depressed and tired and sick. The second cycle wasnt that bad. Now the week before AF... I have to use a heating pad... My lower back hurts so bad, I cant sleep... I hate how I feel on clomid, but if this is what I have to go thru to have a baby then so be it!!!

#16 ·
11yrs... did you have ovulation pain on one or both sides? I have had cramping off and on for the last couple of days. That's about the only physical symptom (other than the mood swings!) I'm still experiencing. The hot flashes have gone away. I think I'll actually ovulate either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the cycle will be smooth sailing!

#17 ·
Gee, I have only had some pain from my endometriosis...none of the ovulation pain and such. I've just been grumpy. Oddly enough, juicing some veggies seemed to really help my mood today.
I hope we all get our wish for Christmas

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektrykEye View Post
11yrs... did you have ovulation pain on one or both sides? I have had cramping off and on for the last couple of days. That's about the only physical symptom (other than the mood swings!) I'm still experiencing. The hot flashes have gone away. I think I'll actually ovulate either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the cycle will be smooth sailing!
I had more cramping on the left than the right. I did have it on both sides, just the pain was stronger on the left. I am left handed, I dont know if that has anything to do with it... LOL!!! Just kidding... What cycle day are you on??

Hey guys help me with this... I am on cd7 and I have had heavy ewcm all day. My dr said to wait till cd11 to even use an opk... Im sure Im not ovulating already, am I??? I had a drop in my temps today also. I have never o'd early. I am use to not o'ing at all or o'ing extremely late. Do these temps mean anything???

cd1: 97.5
cd2: 97.2
cd3: 98.1
cd4: 97.5
cd5: 97.5
cd6: 97.9
cd7: 97.2

#20 ·
I say just have sex for the fun of it

Anyway, it doesn't seem like your temps have shifted (just my humble opinion). I've always gone by cm and cervical position myself. I've only added my temp recently as this is the first time I've had difficulty getting preg.

I hope you have success!

#21 ·
I'm now on CD 15 and I'm pretty sure I O'd either today or last night. My cramping has pretty much gone away and last night I felt a weird sort of pin prick on my right side... then this morning I felt the same weird pin prick feeling on my left side. I dunno if that means anything. Today I'm feeling a bit nauseus, but I figured it could be the shift in hormones after ovulation... who knows!

11yrs, CD 7 seems pretty early... my doctor told me that most people ovulate 5-8 days after their last Clomid pill. I didn't start testing until CD 10 (and many people say not to start until CD 11 because the Clomid might interfere with the test). If it were me, I'd BD tonight just in case but keep looking for ovulation because it probably isn't occuring yet.

BTW, do you guys go looking for ewcm or does it just come to you?
I know that sounds silly, but I never notice any. In all fairness, I don't exactly go in after it either. I've been using Pre-seed just in case I don't have any. I'm also using Instead cups to hold in the swimmers for as long as possible!

#24 ·
i am... not charting temps, though i should be. im at cd7, and taking 50mg if clomid on days 5-9. this is our 2nd round, obviously last month didnt work....

now for my intro- i havent really been in this forum before, im ashley, im 24, dh and i have been "trying" (not preventing anyway- we would have loved a baby at anytime) since we got married more than 4 years ago, but never used protection even before that (we were together 3.5 years before we got married), and ive never been pregnant. hes been away alot due to being in the army, but hes home for a good stretch now, and we're hoping and praying we get preggo

#26 ·
These extra supplements that i am taking , must be increasing my cm dramatically... (EPO and Fish-oil) starting Yesterday on cd14 my cm was unlike anything i have ever seen... It is very eggwhite like and gobbs of it. I am hoping that all these symptoms are tying in with ovulation. This is my first month charting, so I am not sure about my temps, but everything else is falling into place... I guess after newyears I will be in 2ww also....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.