Mothering Forum banner

Glucophage (metformin) and PCOS questions! Please Help!

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Artymisia 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm very new to this site but I love what I have seen so far! I have a couple of questions (more like 20 questions lol) and I thought I'd put my stats out there.

I've never to my knowledge been pregnant at all. My husband and I have been "trying" for 3+ years with no luck. I have all the symptoms of PCOS...
Migraines
hair loss
facial hair (thank the lord for tweezers!)
dark colored skin around my waist line and under arms
obesity with weight gain even on a moderate diet
I can go months without any sign of a period and I can actually have a period that lasts for months and is very heavy
skin tags, etc

I've had the tests done to diagnois PCOS. I had a really uninformed dr who insisted I was just heavy and did not even want to do the tests. She did not inform me that some had to be done while not on a period, some were fasting tests, etc. My ovary size was very large but she said they were at the last point for normal for the hospital where I had the tests done. I had an internal ultrasound and the tech gasped when she saw the screen and told me she was not allowed to say anything but I should look into PCOS because my ovaries were covered in lemon sized cysts. We lost our insurance for about a year so I was not able to retest with another dr. I have been to the ER several times for the heavy bleeding though.

I just recently got new insurance so I have an appt. with an ob/gyn on the 17th and I had an appt with my family practitioner tonight. He gave me a prescription for a very small dose of glucophage that he said I should take until my appt. with the obgyn and then discuss it with him (they work within the same medical group). I'm thrilled because I really feel like I have PCOS. I've heard that the glucophage can help with weight loss, facial hair, skin coloring, etc. I would really appreciate it if any of you have any experience with it would be willing to list some of the ways it has or has not helped you, how soon you saw/felt changes, what your dosage is, if it made you feel sick, etc.

Thanks so much!

- Elizabeth
:

See less See more
#2 ·
Metformin is the wonder drug for PCOS. Results vary by person, of course, but most of us have had a lot of symptoms either go away or be reduced with it. I'm dying to go back on it but I can't find a doctor locally who will prescribe it while I'm breastfeeding, which is very annoying!

When I first went on it, I felt pukey for a month, but then I was fine. I found that my tolerance for greasy foods went way down. I dropped a bunch of weight fast, but then plateaued there until I went low-carb in advance of an IVF cycle. At that point, I dropped weight like crazy, but it wasn't a realistic long-term diet, unfortunately.

I've read about a rare side effect in terms of becoming less tolerant of bright light and I definitely experienced that one as well. Several months after I stopped taking it (while pregnant, again, nobody would let me have it), I noticed that I no longer needed sunglasses quite so badly all day long outside. Then again, I live in a desert at somewhat high elevation, so it's bright here anyway.

If you do have PCOS, chances are you'll be quite happy with Metformin, even if it takes some adjusting to get used to.

#3 ·
I am supposed to start taking metformin today. Wow, it sounds like you have all the classic signs of pcos, and I can't believe that dr ignored them!
I can't even imagine how frustrated you must have been.

I don't have many symptoms at all, and all my tests came back "normal", except that I'm not ovulating and my ovaries had many many follicles and looked like I had pcos. I'm taking it to help with weight, since I'm guessing that's a big factor for me. I weighed 50-60lbs less when I got pg with ds 5yrs ago, but not matter what kind of healthy eating and exercise regime I'm on, I can't lose weight. My dr wants to try the met to see if that helps. I've been given the label "unexplained infertility", since I don't seem to fit in any one category. I'm also going to up my dose of clomid to 150mg in the next cycle (whenever that may be).

I hope that you have great success with the met!

#4 ·
wow. what a frustrating experience with that first doc! keep trying new docs until you get a competent one! i hope this next one you are meeting with is good. i take the 500 mg tabs. i started with one per day for a week, then 2 per day for a week, then 3 per day and that is what i have stayed on. it has been very helpful for me in general. although i am adding clomid this month. but i tried on metformin alone for awhile which is what is typically recommended before starting clomid. metformin helps with the symptoms of PCOS, getting pregnant, and staying pregnant. they are now recommending women stay on metformin. there was a recent study that showed a decrease in miscarriage from 50% to 15% for the women who stayed on metformin while pregnant. good luck!

#5 ·
Hey there. I've had a long and sorted history with PCOS and Metformin. I too saw doctor after doctor who didn't know what was wrong with me. The most they would offer was the pill or progesterone which both wreaked havoc with my body. My grandmother, while reading her diabetic magazine found an article about PCOS (this was 4 years ago already) which described in detail all of my symptoms. I then did a ton a research and brought it all to my doctor and told him I wanted to try Metformin. I lost about 25 pounds in the first 3 months without altering anything else in my diet (I had already cut out soda, fast food, and white pasta dinners) I had constant nausea for much of that time too until I learned how to space the pills and what to eat with them. Gradually, over the course of the next two years my periods got, more frequent (from 2-3 times a year) more regular, lighter, and less painfull. My skin cleared up a lot, my hair stopped falling out in clumps, and the coarser hairs on my chest didn't come back. My chin still had a few but it was manageable with tweezers if not a constant source of self consciousness. I was taking 500mg twice a day.

Last October when I got pregnant my periods were coming approximately every 35 days. A long cycle, but still a cycle. In the first trimester I was so nauseous (sp?) all the time that the doctor told me to stop taking it. Usually they reccommend you continue it through the pregnancy. Starting at around 2 months post pardum my symptoms began coming back. I packed on 20 pounds in 2 months at a time when I should have been able to eat 500 more calories a day than usual and still maintain my weight because I"m breastfeeding. I recently went to see a reproductive endocrinologist who scared the @#$% out me. He said everything I know is wrong, all the info I read has been updated, metformin doesn't correct the problem - weight loss is just it's side effect. He also told me I wasn't ovulating as I sat bouncing my baby girl on my knee in his office. Meanwhile though not reccommended because there have been no studies of Metformin in breastfeeding women and no studies longer than a few years on people without diabeties taking Metformin long term he was willing to give it to me. THe only other options being, the pill, progesterone, or a permanent life long, south beach diet (like atkins but slightly less strict after the first months or so) which I couldn't do because I was and am and will be breastfeeding. oh - not mention an hour of excersize 5 times a week. - cuz thats easy to do with a newborn.

The best info I can give you is this: Though metformin/glucophage does not "cure" PCOS is can help you drop weight fast and feel better (not inc. the nausea) Loosing weight is the hardest thing to do with PCOS because your body is actually working against you but it is also the only thing that will absolutely get you ovulating again (if PCOS is the truley the problem). If I went into explaining all the reasons why and why not this would be an even longer message. The reproductive endo's name is Steven Palter 516-682-8900 www.gcivf.com he is a little intense and thinks he knows everything but I think doctors who specialize in making babies have kind of a god-complex. He does seem very very good at his job.

If you have more specific questions ask away. I hope some of this helps.

#6 ·
I am pregnant now due to Metformin.
I never had any of the classic symptoms of PCOS, but My RE thought I might have it anyways. I started out at 1000mg a day, which helped for a couple months and then started being less effective. He bumped me up to 2000mg/day, which worked for me.
I never really lost weight on the Metformin. But, I also eat a pretty terrible diet. It's better now, but still not so good.

Oh, and I was told to stop taking the Met. at about 16 weeks, I think. My midwife consulted with a dr to make that decision. I never could get an answer out of my RE. I am quite frustrated with how they treated me after the initial consult.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artymisia View Post
Hey there. I've had a long and sorted history with PCOS and Metformin. I too saw doctor after doctor who didn't know what was wrong with me. The most they would offer was the pill or progesterone which both wreaked havoc with my body.

If you have more specific questions ask away. I hope some of this helps.
What did progesterone do to you, if you don't mind me asking?

#8 ·
I basically had every horrid side effect you can get.

Profuse sweating and the sweat smells aweful. Acne, Backne, pimples in places I didn't think I had pores. Very oily skin, weight gain, exhaustion, and all this was followed by an extremely painful and heavy menstruation but thats what happens I guess when you don't menstruate regularly.

The doctor, the same one I mentioned above, said that a Progesterone IUD (something that goes in the vaginal canal I think) doesn't have such bad side effects but you can't use it if you are planning on getting pregnant any time soon. I've been on Provera and Prometrium. They both get the job done but it's rough.

#9 ·
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate all of the support, kind words, and information. It helps a lot!

I'm back with a few more questions.

I have heard a lot about it making your stomach hurt. Did that start with just 500 mgs? What kind of pain was it? I'm two days into taking 500 mg just before dinner. I have had a little bit of weird stomach cramping but not really a sick feeling.

Did any of you have to go through testing (if so how much) to be diagnosed? Or did you speak with your Dr and they assessed you and went from there? I had a bunch of blood tests and an ultrasound done the first time around. I'm wondering if it is common to fully diagnose without a bunch of tests??

I'm hoping and praying that this helps. I'm willing to go through the stomach upset and whatever else at this point. I've taken provera (I think it's progesterone) and It made me feel sick for 10 days afterwards, cramp badly, tons of blood clots, and very heavy bleeding that ended in an ambulance ride. It also made me smell kind of funny. It however did not do what I thought it was supposed to do (regulate or force a normal period and then ovulation).

Thanks again, ladies!

- Elizabeth

#11 ·
I started taking met. on Sat....can't say that I've noticed feeling any differently. Now the progesterone, otoh, which I started taking Fri to induce a period, is a whole other ball game. OUCH. Cramping, spotting which has turned into full-blown bleeding, and I'm touched out.

As far as diagnosis, from my consults my dr didn't think I had pcos. Had all the bloodwork done, had the hsg (and a ct scan), and ultrasounds. He still doesn't think I have it, but the other dr seems to think I do. My ovaries looked polycystic on the last ultrasound. So I have what is called "unexplained infertility", and no one knows what to do with me. I've been on clomid since Sept, but it only worked once. So now they're going to up the dose again and combine it with met. And I'm supposed to diet, exercise, and hopefully lose weight. We are also dealing with some male if factors, so we are going to try IUI this next cycle (providing I even ovulate).

I think they can diagnose somewhat from a consultation, if you have enough "symptoms". I didn't have them, so we did all the tests.

I wish I had more answers for you!

#12 ·
Elizabeth - I was reading and thought I'd toss in my experiences for you. First of all, the stomach upset can occur with any dosage but it usually happens when you start to take a large dose without working up to it. But like most side effects, you may get it, you may not. I have virtually no symptoms from the met and I'm on 1700 mg a day. The only thing I have to be careful of is eating to much fried or fatty food at once as it tends to cause diarrhea. I've heard other people say similar things too.

My doctor dxd me with insulin resistance, not technically PCOS but from the reading I've done the two diseases are fairly closely related. The differences tend to be in symptoms. I had a sugar test to see what my insulin levels were before and after augar intake. Suffice to say, they weren't pretty. However, I'm not overweight, I have no facial hair, no cysts etc. However, my doc is fairly sure that the insulin resistance was causing my hormones to be off and I wasn't ovulating. So now I'm on 50mg of clomid for the first time. Hopefully this works!

Provera is progesterone and can cause many of the symptoms of morning sickness (nausea, cramping, etc) but I don't know about the other symptoms. I seem to have been fairly lucky so far in that I haven't had to many bad side effects from drugs. It may not cause normal menstruation though, because it depends on what's keeping it from happening to begin with. PCOS causes a lack of ovulation, which in turns means your body won't menstruate because it never gets the signal to do so. Provera won't fix that problem, especially with your symptoms.

I think the most important thing is to make sure your doctor listens to you. After all, you know your body better than them. Bring some stuff for your doctor to look over on PCOS if you can and make sure that they know about the symptoms/treatments. If they won't listen it's time to find another doctor. It's a pain, I know because I went through a few trying to figure out why we couldn't seem to conceive. I finally found a doctor who was listening to me and we're working together on finding a path that works for me. Make sure you get the same. It's much better when your doctor is your partner and not a dictator.

#13 ·
Provera- I take it for 5 days then get my period 3 days later. No side effects or anything. Of course my cycles still haven't regulated, but that's another story.

Metformin- The first month I was on it, my stomach ached all day, every day. Nothing horribly awful, but naggingly painful. It helped when I ate, so I munched on lots of crackers. Almost exactly at the one month period, it stopped hurting and I've been fine since.

Of course as you read this thread, you'll realize it affects everyone differently. I hope you can find what works for you and your body. I've been taking it for four months and my periods still haven't come on their own. So we'll see!

Good luck!

#14 ·
All of you ladies are really a blessing! Thanks for answering all of my questions. It has helped calm my nerves somewhat. I feel a light cramping about an hour after taking the pill but I'm not sure what it is. I've only been taking them since Friday. I'm impatient! Thanks again!

- Elizabeth

#15 ·
Hi there!

I just wanted to thrown in my experience. I've been on anywhere from 500mg to 1000mg of the extended release in the last few years.

It has always helped me lose weight but not by itself. I have to avoid sugar like the plague and exercise a lot to be able to lose it. And it's always a constant struggle. Don't think the pill will do all the work.

As for the 500mg it shouldn't make your stomach hurt too badly.

As far as dr's go find one who will listen to you. I'm very blessed to have a dr willing to listen to me. My OB is wonderful!! If you can't find a good OB find an endocrinologist or RE that will help you. PCOS is real and can be diagnosed lots of different ways. I was diagnosed through my symptoms and an ultrasound.

#16 ·
I want to throw in my experience too. I apparently have PCOS due to my lack of ovulation. I had ultrasounds, and they were neg for cysts, I dont have excessive facial hair, but I have noticed a few skin tags. Anyway, I went from May to October without an AF (seeing the doc at least once, if not twice a month) Finally, in October 4th, I was given Provera, and i was soooo sick...... I had my period for almost a month straight, and then didnt get AF until December 3rd..... thats when I started the 1,500mg of MET. From Dec 3rd--Jan 5th, I lost 6lbs, but I swear that was from all the stomach upset, and sorry if TMI but yes, diarreah, and vomiting....... not just nausea, and not feeling well, but both of those symptoms everyday! Up until this day, I still get the diarreah EVERY DAY..... sometimes 3 times a day. I started at 500mg for a week, then went up to 1000 mg the second week, and have been on 1500mg since. It is brutal to me, just like the Provera. But I keep thinking to myself that its a small price to pay if I eventually wind up with regular cycles, or maybe soon, a baby!

Anyway, I had AF Dec 3rd, and again on the 19th. So I am counting Dec 19th as my cycle, and I am waiting to see if I get my AF in another week or so. I am pretty sure I didnt ovulate (for lack of a temp spike) but I believe my body geared up to ovulate (I had EWCM for the first time in just about a year) So, I am hopeful that it will be working.

EarthlyJoys, have you ever had your thyroid checked? I know its a simple test, but Im not too sure how it works. It def sounds like PCOS, so I would try to get a second opinion. Trust your instincts. Your doc isnt with you 24/7 as you are. Anyway, best of luck to you. TTC is challenging, especially when there are underlying issues!

Now a question...... I have always had a bit of acne, but within this past week I feel like a 14 year old again..... its horrible...... probably the worst its been in years...... does anyone know what this could be? I am thinking the Met, but more likely just hormone fluctuations. Anyone to back of my philosophy on my acne? Even after being diagnosed with the PCOS, my acne has never been "bad" but rather consistent. Thanks

#17 ·
I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS so the whole process is very fresh in my mind. If I were you I would skip going to a "regular" OB and go straight to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). I have read of many instances when the OBs have misread things and just generally mucked things up. I'd go with the person who is better able to make a correct diagnosis if I was looking for one.

I had fasting cholesterol, blood sugar, insulin, Testosterone (total and active), DHEAS, and thyroid. Cholesterol, blood sugar, thyroid and DHEAS were all normal. Insulin and Testosterone were high.

I also had a sono HSG done b/c with my ds I had a c/s. They did a general scan first and my ovaries were definitely poly cystic - I didn't need the doc to tell me that, though, b/c it was very obvious, even to me! It very much looked like a "string of pearls" around the outside of my ovaries. Unfortunately for me, though, the scan also showed adhesions around one of my ovaries and likely a blocked tube from my c/s...so...my chances went down a little bit more.

I took the Provera to induce my period this last time, but that was to get the HSG fit in just in case I lost fertility coverage when our health insurance changed over at the start of next month. It took almost two weeks after the dose for af to arrive.

I'm just on the 500mg dose of met right now. Next week on Friday I'll go up to 1000mg. No side effects for me at this point.

OP - You might want to head on over to www.plus-size-pregnancy.org, kmom has a link on her website to some infertility info that might be helpful for you.

#18 ·
I second the person who said going to a RE instead of an OB, if your insurance will allow it. My OB saw me for three years and just kept running thyroid tests and progesterone tests over and over again. The thyroid always came back normal, and the progesterone always came back low. I finally stopped seeing her, for several reasons, and went to see a CNM midwife. After 10 minutes of talking to me and looking at my chart, she said she thought I had PCOS. She referred me to a RE and within a month, I was officially diagnosed.

As far as how I was diagnosed, the RE looked at my charts, listened to my history, asked me about PCOS symptoms, etc., but the definitive test was an ultrasound of my ovaries on CD3. The diagnosis generally requires 10+ cysts/follicles on each ovary, and I had 13 on one and 19 on the other. At that point, I had a complete fasting metabolic work-up (I believe, glucose, insulin, lipids, but I'm not sure what else), so that I could go on metformin.

In addition to the metformin, the RE put me on a low-carb diet and an exercise regimen. Previously, exercise was SO hard for me. I got winded after walking a block, my blood pressure was a little high, my asthma acted up, my metabolism was chronically low. I just felt awful. But the metformin completely energized me and lowered my blood pressure, so I could now exercise without feeling like I could die. I started walking or swimming 30 minutes almost daily. The low-carb diet took some getting used to, and I still cheat too much, but I'm getting better at it. I'm down about 43 pounds, my acne is almost gone, I've ovulated two months in a row, and I had a normal length luteal phase. The one thing missing is getting pregnant, but we're hopeful.

I did have some side effects with the metformin--feeling like my blood sugar was low, tingling in my legs, nauseau--but they went after a few weeks, especially when I started eating more often. My diarrhea was very minimal, usually only for one day when I went up a step in dosage or when I had a high-sugar day.

I was on Provera for one month, and then Prometrium the next three months. They both made me tired and low energy and made me feel like I was "touched out." I couldn't even sleep in the same room as my DH and DD.

#19 ·
I have a beautiful baby due to Metformin. I had no symptoms other than scarce periods. My family doctor diagnosed me just by looking at blood hormone levels--ratio of FSH to LH or something like that. I didn't do any ultrasounds or anything. I went on Metformin, and had a regular cycle almost immediately. It works! I did feel a little nauseous, etc. on it, but not too badly.

#20 ·
I too have a baby (and a much healthier body) thanks to metformin. My RE and midwives and internist figured that it would be okay to start back on it after my daughter was born -- some small studies have been conducted in breastfeeding women and it appears not to be problematic. It addresses the underlying insulin resistance of PCOS, but as others have mentioned, you have to work WITH it -- which means lower carbs, more exercise.

For the record, it's generally accepted that the MINIMUM effective dosage for PCOS is 1500 mg/day. Less is often ineffective. Also, there is a generic extended-release version that can help with side effects/forgetting to time the pills.

Good luck!

#21 ·
Thanks for all of your responses! They have all helped! I thought I would update since I had my appt. yesterday afternoon.

I really like my Dr. He listened very well and asked great questions. He says I for sure have PCOS. They did take some blood (thyroid, testosterone, blood sugar, etc.) because he wants to see what the outcomes are. I have another internal ultrasound scheduled for next week and a follow up appt and pelvic exam on the 7th of Feb. Overall it was a great appt and I was thrilled that he listened to me and agreed with me.

There were two things that struck me as odd. I am on 500 mg of metformin a day. I have always heard that the normal dose was 1500-2000 mg a day and that they normally stagger it at first. i.e. 500 for a couple of weeks, 1000 for a week, 1500 for a week and then sticking with that dose or going on to 2000. I mentioned that to him but did not go into detail about it. He said for now he is keeping me at 500 mg a day. So I thought that was kind of odd because it is a much smaller dose than the average treatment. I will bring it up to him at my next appt. Any thoughts? Did anyone take 500 for a while??

Second odd thing...I appreciate the enthusiasm and how certain he was of what he was saying but when he said to me "I can get you pregnant now if that is what you want." Kind of weirded me out. I have always been told that doctors are normally very cautious about making statements like that. Plus the thought of being pregnant next month kind of threw me off. Needless to say I am not going to take him up on his offer lol. I feel like I need to tackle my weight and other health problems before I take on pregnancy. I am most interested in having my body work like it is supposed to.

One more thing...He was very concerned about me getting pregnant from the metformin alone. He insisted I use some sort of birth control. I am veryyyy reluctant to take any form of BC. At this point I want my body to ovulate, have regular periods, regulate hormones, etc. so I am very against taking pills that will mess with that. So I guess it is condoms for me? I am not even sure if I buy it...The idea of me getting pregnant so easily after three years of trying and only 2 weeks on 500 mg a day is hard for me to see. I know that losing weight and having all of the hormone levels in my body at a normal level could make me ovulate but is there really a huge risk when I am still very over weight and only taking 500 mg a day? I know I could have asked him this stuff but I was so thrown off by him officially diagnosing me that I was kind of distracted.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Elizabeth
:

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthly_Joys View Post
One more thing...He was very concerned about me getting pregnant from the metformin alone. He insisted I use some sort of birth control. I am veryyyy reluctant to take any form of BC. At this point I want my body to ovulate, have regular periods, regulate hormones, etc. so I am very against taking pills that will mess with that. So I guess it is condoms for me? I am not even sure if I buy it...The idea of me getting pregnant so easily after three years of trying and only 2 weeks on 500 mg a day is hard for me to see. I know that losing weight and having all of the hormone levels in my body at a normal level could make me ovulate but is there really a huge risk when I am still very over weight and only taking 500 mg a day? I know I could have asked him this stuff but I was so thrown off by him officially diagnosing me that I was kind of distracted.
First off...if I had had the appt with your doctor it would have been enough to creep me out and send me looking for another one!

I don't really know what he means by not wanting you to "get pregnant from the metformin alone". Why not? In all the reading I've done there has never been anything along those lines listed. My RE would love it if I were able to get pg from the metformin alone. We're giving it three months to see if it will be enough to do the trick before we consider adding clomid as well.

To be honest....from what you've said about the appointment it all makes me a little bit suspicious!

#23 ·
Sorry, I think I confused you! I told him I don't want to get pregnant right now because of my high blood pressure and my weight. He was concerned that I might get pregnant (when I don't want to) while taking just the metformin (by just the metformin he meant that it is possible for me to get pregnant by taking the metformin alone instead of clomid.). So he really stressed the idea of bc to me since I don't want to get pregnant since it is possible that I could get pregnant.

My goal right now is not to get pregnant but to become as healthy as possible in all areas. So I want to ovulate and have regular length periods and I'd like some of my PCOS symptoms to subside. He said he could help me get pregnant and he was very sure it would happen soon (that is what freaked me out..the ease with which he said it because I've always thought this would be a struggle.)

I hope this explanation makes more sense!

- Elizabeth
:

#24 ·
Elizabeth - I was on 500mg for a month until my doctor saw how my body handled it. Everybody's different and just because 1500mg is the standard minimum it doesn't mean that your body won't react to it. It very well may. Because he doesn't know what your body's response will be he probably wants to err on the side of caution (rather than start you on 1500 and have it be to much - over time the dosage may have to go up anyway).

I think that bc is a good idea if you don't want to get pregnant since you could possibly ovulate. And condoms do sound like the best option. I wouldn't use any hormonal methods because you want to see how your body reacts without additional hormones in it and bc pills would only confuse that. But I would definitely use them if you don't want to get pregnant yet.

#25 ·
Part of me would probably suggest you go the route that Christy has suggested and the other part of me might actually consider bcps. I know they're not the best, however, I was on them when I first got married up until two months before I got pg with ds. We had a very easy time getting pg the first time around and my RE pointed out that in some women when you first get off bcps your body is "primed to ovulate" so you experience "enhanced" fertility so to speak. The longer your off them the more your body heads back to it's regular patterns (which explains the druthers I find myself in now).

Now bcps carry all sorts of other issues with them, but if I were to have to consider them again I must admit that in spite of my usual crunchiness I'd look at the risk/benefit analyses a little bit differently. Anecdotal at best, I know. If I can drum up the link that I remember seeing it on I'll try to head back here and post it.

#26 ·
glucophage gave me regular (somewhat) periods, but it did nothing for my hairiness, migraines, depression, and I didn't get pregnant on it by itself -- had to use other things. You might also try limiting refined carbs/sugar, and also look into the failsafe program, which limits amines (because in my case amines definitely trigger migraines). Best wishes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.