Breakthrough bleeding w/ clomid - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-13-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hoping someone might know what is going on. Basic background, infertile x18 months, no real explanation; regular, consistent period, etc. Clomid for last 3 cycles; this cycle at 100 mg, days 3-7. Started seeing pink in my discharge days 9-11; last night after BDing, began bleeding as if I'm having a light period. Today, cd12, having cramping and steady, light period bleeding. Contacted OB, who says "nothing to worry about, but come in for a pregnancy test on Monday" I called him more wondering if this bleeding meant this month was out; now I'm super confused. How the heck could they be wondering if I'm preggers when I just finished my period 5 days ago. . . . . . is this just a routine test? Anyone else experience breakthrough bleeding while on Clomid? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
#2 of 6 Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Just a shameless bump. An update: I've taken 2 home pregnancy tests that have come back +, faintly. OB says may be true, may not be true, come in for blood work. I feel : I so want this to be true, but I can't allow myself to believe it, ykwim?
#3 of 6 Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Get the heck to the doctor.

And good luck!

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#4 of 6 Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I know. Went in this morning for blood work, another blood work is order for 48 hours from now, and then we will see if my preg hormone (I forget what it is called) is going up or going down. 48 hours just seems incredibly long. We now have 3 BFP from HPT. . . I'm just so confused. Could this really be true, even with period like bleeding at the beginning of this month and a dip in temp? And if it could, is the babe okay considering I took 100mg of clomid two weeks ago. . . . . Again, any insights people have while I await these 48 hours is certainly appreciated.
#5 of 6 Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 PM

hmm. Any news yet? I had this happen this time. I just got my blood results today and am NOT pregnant. I even got faint lines on some tests. And my temp is up. I've heard on some other boards that this can be normal. Good luck!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#6 of 6 Old 01-18-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I had a blood test that confirmed that I am pregnant, with an HCG level of 35.7, another blood test yesterday and the HCG level went down to 32, and a 3rd has been order for tomorrow morning. OB says it is possible for the HCG level to rebound, take off, and for this to develop into a normal pregnancy; we just can't be sure. I continue to have pregnancy symptoms -- mild naseau, dizziness, sore breasts -- I just can't take too much stock in it. As you can imagine, this is incredibly emotionally draining. DH and I have been waiting for this BFP for 18+ months and this seemed to blindside us. Well, that's the update thus far. Please keep us in your thoughts and to all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page