When do you OVULATE on Clomid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2007, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just need some input on when you all "O" on clomid? This cycle appears I did on day 23 or 24, but then I got a + OPK on Day 30 and the same kinda burning/ovary pain/discomfort.SO I a wondering, does it make your cycle any better as in shorter or more "normal" Because this 2ww is killing me because I waited almost a month to "O": : : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 03:01 PM

Oh! I just asked a question very similar to this one. I'm wondering how to predict O when on Clomid. Do OPKs work? Do you just assume it is a few days later than you normally O?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 PM

I've been using the Maybe Mom ovulation microscope, and according to that I ovulated on day 16 the past two months. My first month on Clomid I didn't get any O indication.

I had a blood test today to see if my progesterone levels indicated that I ovulated. Last month my number was very low (5), but I tested on CD21 instead of CD23.

I've been on Clomid for three months, and I've decided this will be my last cycle for awhile. I'm way too emotional on it.

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:13 PM

I usually ovulated on CD 16 or 17 when on clomid. I charted my temps so I always knew what day I O'd.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 PM

my first cycle ever on clomid I o'd my normal time...cd 15, took it 5-9. Last month I o'd cd 17 or 18, took it 5-9. This month I took it 3-7 and i'm cd12 and think i'll get a + opk today or tomorrow.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 PM

Hi there,
I hear that if you take Clomid earlier in your cycle, say 3-7, you will O a little earlier than if you took it 5-9, but only by a day or so. As for how you would ovulate on clomid versus when you aren't on it at all - I haven't noticed any difference. Clomid also doesn't have any effect on OPK's, they should still work normally. good luck.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchyandsweet View Post
I just need some input on when you all "O" on clomid? This cycle appears I did on day 23 or 24, but then I got a + OPK on Day 30 and the same kinda burning/ovary pain/discomfort.SO I a wondering, does it make your cycle any better as in shorter or more "normal" Because this 2ww is killing me because I waited almost a month to "O": : : :
Did you POAS yet...an HPT? If you got a positive OPK on Day 30, I'm wondering if it could be a hint of HCG in your urine giving you that positive! Hope so!

I took Clomid one cycle, when my daughter was conceived, and I ovulated on CD 21. Are you temping?

BTW, I never got a positive OPK the month my daughter was conceived, and I definitely used one on the day she was conceived. I found temping more accurate for that cycle.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 AM

Does Clomid make you O later than you usually do? I'm on my first round of it. Day 13 and no + OPK so far. I usually O on CD14 or 15. Just wondering if it might be late this month. I'm really hoping I get a good + OPK since my RE wants me to take an HCG shot 7 days after I O!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaarah View Post
Did you POAS yet...an HPT? .

Matter of fact : the POAS freak I am.. I POAS 12 times..and BFN! I am just waiting for AF. I am thinking maybe I didnt get a true BFP on my OPKS this month or ?????? I just started temping b/c you are right that would really give me much better insight. I am just confused why the first month on CLomid I o'ed day 14 and then the next month not until day 24 or 30 or not at all??????: : :
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchyandsweet View Post
Matter of fact : the POAS freak I am.. I POAS 12 times..and BFN! I am just waiting for AF. I am thinking maybe I didnt get a true BFP on my OPKS this month or ?????? I just started temping b/c you are right that would really give me much better insight. I am just confused why the first month on CLomid I o'ed day 14 and then the next month not until day 24 or 30 or not at all??????: : :
Bummer on the BFNs!

Clomid is weird and kind of unpredictable. I would just keep BD if you notice any CM, until AF shows. Definitely chart temps next month so you know when you can stop doing the babymaking sex and go back to doing it for fun.

Stayseeliz - I think Clomid makes for a later O for a lot of women, but some say it makes them O earlier. I have irregular cycles so CD 21 didn't seem that bad to me.

BTW, we got pregnant BD every other day on a Clomid cycle.

User Tag List