Does anyone here have a "twisted" uterus?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A while back I had an ultrasound (for intense pelvic pain and cysts) And I was told that my uterus was twisted. (twisted so that the front was facing my back and the back facing my front) My midwife (who is more of a "med" wife) told me it meant I would have a lot of trouble conceiving/carrying if I ever chose to have more kids. She didn't elaborate at all and when I started asking her questions she told me to make an appointment if I had more questions. (aka, she just wants my money as usual) It isn't something I had before I had my girls. Anyone know anything about this?? I'm going to get a second opinion eventually, but I want to see if anyone else has experience with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(((HUGS)))

I am sorry. Mine is not twisted, but I just found out that mine is tilted back extremely so. They were pretty perplexed. This is new since it wasn't when I had dd (2.5yo).

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh, sorry about that, I was tilted FORWARD in my pregnancys and it made for long hard labors, I hope yours isnt as complicated.

I can't seem to find any info about a twisted uterus except in animals or with fibroids.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else have any ideas?? I'm still looking for info on this.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 AM

I have the same issue, but I've never heard it called "twisted" before, only retroverted/anteflexed (or maybe it was retroflexed/anteverted???). Mine is the same way--the back is facing the front, and vice-versa. I first found out when I was a teenager, and every time a doc/ NP has made the observation, I've asked if it will likely cause any problems one day.

I was told once to expect a lot of back labor, but I've never been told it would cause problems with conception/carrying/delivery. My mother had the same thing, and when she was getting married, her doc told her it was so bad she would never be able to conceive! He was wrong, obviously!

As for the pelvic pain, having a uterus tipped in this way can cause pain during intimacy in certain positions, so maybe that has something to do with it, esp. if this is new for you.

"Twisted" doesn't sound like the right term to me, it sounds rather alarmist!

User Tag List