What does Clomid do to your cycle length? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter
elf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if clomid typically shortens, lengthens or changes your cycle. your luteal phase?
my cycle is usually 29ish days but last month it was 36--on clomid can i expect more regular cycles?
thanks
#2 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 AM

Clomid extended my LP by several days, causing me to get my hopes up far too much. The two times I triggered it was earlier than I normally ovulate; the one time on clomid we didn't trigger I ovulated on my normal day... but just with a super long LP.

Natalie, mama to Katherine (5/22/10), missing Devin (stillborn 3/6/08)
#3 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM

Clomid didn't do anything for my LP or cycle.
#4 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Clomid seriously shortened my cycle, but with PCOS, my "average" cycles could be as long as 120 days. I think with the Clomid it was right about 30 days.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#5 of 7 Old 03-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Dea

Clomid didn't really affect my cycle length which varied but were around 35days, it gave me a 14 day lp though, and other times it did nothing and I didn't ovulate at all on it.
Good luck!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#6 of 7 Old 03-18-2007, 01:00 PM

I have PCOS and clomid regulated my cycle.

First i was on Metformin to shorten my cycle and get it regulated to 32-35days... before any meds i would skip months sometimes 3-6 months no AF.

Then when I started clomid, My cycles were 30 days like clock work. I am now on my 5th months of clomid and things have changed. I am now on cd33 and still no AF. On cd 31 i tested with a bfn. I don't know if it has anything to do with the clomid, or I am just preg, but it's too soon to tell???

But to answer your question in short, It shortened my cycles, regulated them with a 14 day lutal phase and an ovulation day of cd17. This was with the pst 4 months on clomid.
#7 of 7 Old 03-19-2007, 01:23 AM

My cycles were normally around 29-32 days. Clomid added probably 2-4 days, I ended up ovulating later. It didn't seem to effect my LP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page