Clomid with no side effects? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
elf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone lucky enough to take clomid 50 mg with no bad side effects? I am about to take the clomid plunge and I am scared to death. Any good experiences out there?? (plus the best part--getting pregnant)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 03-26-2007, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not one of those lucky women (but I did take 100mg, so it could be different). However, I will say that most of the time, the symptoms wash out as soon as you stop taking the drug. So even if it's bad, it's only bad for five days. I got pregnant on Clomid, and I can honestly say that even though it was a little icky at times, it was well worth it so far.

Sorry I can't be one of those lucky ones to reassure you though.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#3 of 21 Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgewoman View Post
I'm not one of those lucky women (but I did take 100mg, so it could be different). However, I will say that most of the time, the symptoms wash out as soon as you stop taking the drug. So even if it's bad, it's only bad for five days. I got pregnant on Clomid, and I can honestly say that even though it was a little icky at times, it was well worth it so far.

Sorry I can't be one of those lucky ones to reassure you though.
:

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM

I've tried the 50mg twice, and had slight side effects.

I did notice that my moods were a bit wonky. Sometimes I would get utterly outraged at the most trivial things, or bawl my eyes out over something tiny. But for the most part I knew that it was the clomid, and was able to tell the rest of the family "I know, its the clomid, just let me get through this."

Nothing terrible. I will be trying 100mg this cycle, so batten down the hatches.
#5 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM

On the first month (100 Clomid) I didn't notice much in the way of side effect, but by month 3 I did - so if you are one of the lucky ones who has it work in month 1 - you should be alright. The worst of it for me was the night-sweats and hot flashes. I was easier to anger or upset, but it was just kinda of like being mildly PMS-y all the time. Once I got used to it and knew it was the drugs, I was better able to bite my tongue.
#6 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 01:49 PM

When I was just on 50mg of clomid, I had horrible hot flashes (I was 21 at the time ) They are downright, awful. I counted about 15 per day from the third day taking it to the end of my AF. I took the same amount the next month and I had horrible ovarian pain, went to the ER and found out I hyperstimulated. I also had horrible bloating and nausea. Needless to say I never got pregnant on it, but I’m more of exception rather than the rule.
#7 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm on 100mg this month (first month) and it really hasn't been bad for me. I had some weird vision things the fourth and fifth day of taking it - when I got up in the morning and went into a bright room there were some trailers in the corners of my eyes but that stopped after the last dose. Other than that just a few hot flashes and night sweats and being a bit more emotional. I would definitely say not anything that would keep me from trying another month if this month doesn't work.
#8 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
when I got up in the morning and went into a bright room there were some trailers in the corners of my eyes but that stopped after the last dose. .
Oh, I forgot the stars in my eyes and blured vision. But that did stop after my cycle ended (not after the last dose).
#9 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 04:42 PM

I had zero side-effects from Clomid. I couldn't tell I was taking it at all. Well, I did get really nasty and angry and weepy right around when my period was due ... but that turned out not to be a CLOMID side-effect. The actual culprit is five years old now.
#10 of 21 Old 03-27-2007, 04:54 PM

I meant to say also I took mine at night so that might have helped
#11 of 21 Old 03-28-2007, 02:33 PM

I had the visual disturbances too, and the doctor told me that vision issues were one thing he wanted to know about. It was probably nothing, but he still wanted to know.

I mentioned it to him and sure enough, it was nothing (mine was waviness in my peripheral vision) but you should mention it to your RE, sarah, just in case.

#12 of 21 Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I mine was waviness in my peripheral vision
This sounds like what I had, I will mention it - did it happen going from dark to light? or was it all day? I only had it for a few minutes when I first went into a bright room in the morning.
#13 of 21 Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 PM

I took 50 mg for one month and generally felt great. I did have symptoms of low blood pressure- seeing spots, when I bent over, but that was the worst of it. I actually had great energy and was in a pretty good mood all that month. I did get pregnant that cycle too. Due in June.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#14 of 21 Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 AM

I took 50 mg and had no side effects at all. I felt totally normal the whole time on Clomid. I took the dosage right before bed just in case.
#15 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 09:55 PM

I just had my first round of clomid a few weeks ago. I had a few hot flashes and definitely some mood swings for about a week. I am prone to depression so I had a few really bad days of depression, but it's hard to tell if it was that or not. Progesterone also makes me depressed easily.

My doc claims that of all the fertility drugs Clomid has the least amount of side effects.
#16 of 21 Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 AM

SarahJen, mine was in the evening, but the lights were on in the house. The thing was that I had just gotten up from lounging on the sofa (we were watching a movie) and I went upstairs to use the bathroom. I think it was getting my blood pumping again that did it.

hae- mine had the nerve to say that most women HAD no Clomid side effects. I seriously think they do not know what they're talking about. Maybe your doc meant medically documented, serious ones? All I know is that everyone says injections are a walk in the park mood- and side effects-wise after Clomid. And sure enough, when I did Bravelle, it was so so much better.

#17 of 21 Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM

I took 50s for the clomid and got preggo the first cycle. I didn't notice anything really off, some headaches...but that is about it. Totally worth it once you get the BFP!

I'm now on clomid again trying for #2 (and maybe three ) and they've put me on the 100s this time around and as others have said it feels the longer I'm on it the worse (or more noticeable) it is.

Good luck to you!
#18 of 21 Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM

I had no side effects on my first 50mg cycle. I've had two 100mg cycles, and it seems I get some hot flashes/night sweats from that dose. This cycle I had my first major mood swing - only one time, though. I became absolutely furious with my husband over, of course, nothing. Fortunately, a little voice in the back of my head alerted me that Something Was Not Right, and I was able to calmly remove myself from the situation and go sit in a bathtub with some candles until I calmed down.

Mama to twins Wren and Robin, 3/3/08.
#19 of 21 Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 PM

I took 50 MG of clomid to get pregnant with my son and I didn't feel any side effects whatsoever...I took it in November and December and got pregnant on my next cycle, so it was totally worth it. Good luck! Oh, I took it at night too just in case there were some side effects.
#20 of 21 Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 PM

my expieriences are bad, but I have never taken less than 200mg. (my PCO is really bad)
#21 of 21 Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
SarahJen, mine was in the evening, but the lights were on in the house. The thing was that I had just gotten up from lounging on the sofa (we were watching a movie) and I went upstairs to use the bathroom. I think it was getting my blood pumping again that did it.

hae- mine had the nerve to say that most women HAD no Clomid side effects. I seriously think they do not know what they're talking about. Maybe your doc meant medically documented, serious ones? All I know is that everyone says injections are a walk in the park mood- and side effects-wise after Clomid. And sure enough, when I did Bravelle, it was so so much better.
In my expierience injectables are SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than Clomid.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page