April IVF-ers! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leslie!!!!!!!!!!

I just read through the whole thread and i am so excited for you. I haven't been lurking around here much, but I decided to check in and see how things are going and HOLY EXCITEMENT! I love cheerleading over here, so as a former IVF'er (my heart wasn't in it) here is my cheer for you:

: : : : : : : :

This is it for you, I can FEEEEEEEEEEEL it! WHOOOOOHOOOO!

PUPO BABY, PUPO!
#62 of 112 Old 04-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Oh wow Leslie, I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for you to post your amazing news. So you had the transfer on the 13th? I O'd on the 12th and had 3 big follies, who knows maybe we'll have the same due date Your chances are probably better than mine anyway.....good luck to you and congrats (a little early, but the vibe is here) !!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#63 of 112 Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

April!!! Omigod how wonderful to hear from you!!! I got this huge jolt opening the thread and seeing your post. And I'm soooo excited about your adoption from Ethiopia! wow!!! We were just about ready to move on to adoption when we decided to have one last go at IVF. This is it. It would be lovely if it worked, but it's because of amazing women like you that I'm ok with the adoption option, too.

[And I'm loving the smilie parade. ]

Teneal, good luck to you too, hon. : : for both of us. Keep us posted, ok?

Today was a strangely super emotional day. I suppose the national news didn't help (awful beyond words) and last night I had some insomnia. But I felt all anxious and weepy and edgy. Must the progesterone, no?
#64 of 112 Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM

Weellll, all I can say is that the cycles I was pg I was far more emotional and weepy than the cycles that I wasn't pg. I am sure the progesterone at least adds to that, but...

As for the insomnia, maybe it is pio, but I don't remember having that happen unless I was pg - and it is a classic first trimester system!

So, when do you test? huh huh huh?

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#65 of 112 Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 PM

: : : : : :

Just wanted to pop by to say I'm thinking of you and so excited for you! And I love Dena's point that being extra-emotional may be a good sign and I love Teneal's idea of you 2 having the same due date. And I love, love, love the PUPO designation! (Thanks for explaining to the newbie, too!)

: : : : : :
#66 of 112 Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Hi Leslie,

I've been lurking around for a while 'cause we are going to go through IVF prob. later this year. I just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best! I love the PUPO designation and your Easter egg analogy . It's Perfect..... Fingers crossed for the 26th.
#67 of 112 Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Leslie

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#68 of 112 Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 PM

Hey Leslie, I'm still feeling so excited for you!!! All the HCG from my trigger shot is out of my system, so if I keep POAS for a few days maybe the line'll come back....huh.... .

YAY!! for you!! Oh, I can't wait. Are you one of those people that obsess and test early until you get what you get??? I only ask because I AM.....I will poas everyday until I get AF or who knows maybe I'll be as lucky as you and get a bfp too.....YAY!!

#69 of 112 Old 04-20-2007, 12:06 AM

Hi Leslie, I am so happy for you. I am just starting my IVf cycle and will be doing PGD testing too. I can only hope I get as many good embryo's as you did. (I am 39 with high fsh). Best wishes!
#70 of 112 Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

hi everybody!

The progesterone has really made me sleepy. :yawning: That and no caffeine, I suppose. Probably a good thing, it keeps me in the recliner most evenings! I can't imagine how anyone goes through this with children.

As tempting as it is, I'm not planning to POAS. It feels "safer" to know that we'll know next Thursday afternoon (hi Dena -- that's The Day), for sure. No need to add to the roller coaster, I say. Honestly, I am a bit fearful that it will be negative. It's happened before. Actually, it's the only thing that's happened before. I'd be more surprised if it were positive. (I think I've started bracing myself...)

Hi booja's mom and JL's mom! Good luck to you in your upcoming cycles!!
#71 of 112 Old 04-20-2007, 11:20 AM

Hi Leslie just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you & I'll be checking in next week. I know what you mean about BFN's being what is normal & expected. I hope you get a surprise that knocks you right on your A#$S!!!!!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#72 of 112 Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Leslie, I didn't POAS either. well, i did the day before my beta, but the test was defective...

I was tired and cranky from the progesterone too. and Crampy. That's when I knew.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#73 of 112 Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM

I totally know how you feel, Leslie. I didn't poas with my first either. After the string of failures we had had, I was just scared out of my mind to find out before the blood test, somehow. Of course, AFTER the positive blood test I did a hpt, just to see what it looked like. I still have it. I am such a freak.

I'll be watching for your news on Thursday!! I still have a great feeling for you about this cycle, but I know how it feels to have been knocked down by failure so many times that you almost feel conditioned to expect it.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#74 of 112 Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Hi Leslie,

Just checking in. You have an awesome positive thread going here. I am so happy that every thing has gone so well for you. I agree with not testing. I tested the morning I came home from my blood test with an OPK as that is all I had in the house I think it is better to just focus on the fact that you are pregnant and feel how great that feels. Find that joy of being pregnant and stay with it as much as you can.

I have been an introvert because of the stress of having our embies shipped. They still haven't arrived at I am on day 6 of my supposed FET cycle! : I finally let it go last night I did some journalling and reading and said to myself, come on does it really matter if I am pregnant this month or next. Nope. I gladly take next month as well

Positive thinking and feeling is where my focus is so I have have been busy. I also did the treasure mapping as outlined on the spirituality thread this week. The experience was awesome and I love my treasure map. Lots of visuals of pregnancy and babies.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#75 of 112 Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 PM

How are you hanging in there Leslie? Only a few days now. I'm thinking about you guys.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#76 of 112 Old 04-22-2007, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

***tmi warning!!!***

tonight I have globby brown spotting/discharge. : Hope no one is eating while reading. I'm on Crinone, the vaginal progesterone gel, so that's why it's globby. Sounds gross, but I'll take it any day over the PIO! I'm 8 days past transfer, 13 past retrieval. Other symptoms include sloth-like behavior and Hooverish tendencies around food.

Am I allowed to get my hair tinted, or no? I'm thinking of going back to henna anyway, but highlights sure are fun.

ok, enough about me already.

~marlee, I loved reading your post. I'll be thinking of you next cycle, with your embies ready to wake up and start growing. :

~Dena, as always, thank you for your understanding.

~Lesliesara and Korin, thanks for the support and acknowledgment of how crazy this can be. When I get pregnant, I want to be just like you two.

~hey Tenk, you POASing yet?!

~And my dearest Celeste, I hope your headache has gone and you were able to enjoy at least some of this lovely weekend.

[so, do you think maybe I'm having implantation spotting?]
#77 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 01:18 AM

Leslie, i've been thinking of you everyday. ((of course I would think it could be implantation spotting, but... who the heck knows. I'd go with the PUPO and think it is!)) when (like right now) you are pregnant, you WILL be just like I was. Happy. Grateful. Weepy. a MOTHER.

And then a year later you'll be sleep deprived and have hamburger for nipples and still be happy grateful amd weepy.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#78 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

oh Korin, so much to look forward to!!

well, the brown spotting has given way to red spotting. Lots of it. Just waiting to see if it gets heavier. this is really hard. I'm also having some cramps that feel like menstrual cramps. Maybe I'll call the RE's office and see what they say.
#79 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Leslie - Keep the faith! I hope the RE's office is helpful and that you can take it easy. I'm thinking of you!!!
#80 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Hi Leslie I'm sorry for the spotting, but hey let's do hope that 2 embies are implanting and that's what the spotting and cramping are from. OH I hope so, I hope so!!!

Well, I think I'm out for this cycle, I'm 11 dpo today, and I got a bfn. So that means that AF will probably show up on Wed and I'll be bleeding like a stuck pig (LOL, sorry) while DH and I are on our first EVER vacation with out our other children. It sucks!! Thank God I'm NOT having the horrible cramping that I was having the last few months before AF. I never got pre AF cramps and then after starting clomid I always get really really bad pre af cramps. Nothing now, no cramps, no nothing. And a BFN....this sucks so bad

Leslie, I'm praying for you girl friend!!! Please update up soon...

#81 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM

Teneal - I really hope you're wrong! Especially because of the vacation coming up. January was our first vacation alone since ds - just 2 nights away but it was blissful...

Leslie - Still thinking of you!

Marlee - Hope things are coming together, in terms of timing, but it is also great that you were able to let go of the fixation on this month a bit.
#82 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Teneal, hon, I'm so sorry. I'm hoping that it's still too early. Is that a possibility?

I called the RE's office and the nurse very gently told me that women who are not pregnant and women who are pregnant have both reported spotting and cramping, so it's entirely inconclusive. I wanted to press and ask which it tended to be more, but she just said I needed to come in for my test on Thursday. And she didn't want to move it up because then we could get a false negative. Imagine that.

It's not like a full period. But it's way more than a tinge on the tp. And the cramps were really bad earlier. I tried to go to a cafe to get some work done on the computer, but had to turn around and come home to the recliner. The cramps eased after an hour or so. Hard to tell if they're really menstrual cramps. Funny, feels more like ovulation cramping. Weird, no? Korin, you said you felt crampy. Was it like period cramps? When did it happen?

The only thing I know right now is that this is completely out of my hands, and there is nothing I can do to change the outcome. And so I wait. And hope.
#83 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 06:03 PM

Leslie, if it feels like ovulation cramps, your ovaries could be hyperstimulating - which, btw, is also a very good indication of pregnancy.

I had horrible horrible cramps when I was pg with dd. I was sure I was 1) going to die, and 2) not pregnant. The nurse told me to drink some gatorade, and it did the trick. I guess water just fills up those follies with more fluid, but the gatorade balances it out somehow. I have had this explained to me several times, but I still don't really get it. Anywhoo, try some gatorade and see if that helps the cramps.

Thinking good thoughts for you!!

#84 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 06:15 PM

My first ivf cycle I was convinced I wasn't pregnant because I was spotting and cramping (lighter than normal period like cramps). In fact I was dragged to the appointment by my dh because I was 100% sure it would be negative. Well I was wrong.

My FET cycle when my firstborn was 14 months old I again was convinced I wasn't pregnant because this time there was no spotting nor was I having any cramps. Yet again my dh had to drag me to the appointment because again I was convinced that it would be negative and again I was wrong.

I guess (at least for me) it goes to show that you'll be worried no matter what. Good luck to you and I hope you get the ending we all want for you.
#85 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

--> :

bless you, Dena & nathansmom. seriously.

I did have a bit of hyperstim after the retrieval and up through the transfer. It seemed to subside after that, though. Can it come back? I'll go for the Gatorade.
#86 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Leslie, my cramping was twingy.. not horribly painful, but enough to get my attention. I second the gatorade... it really helped me Although I KNEW the cramping was something... I just knew it in my heart,but I couldn't say it out loud until i had the beta. KWIM?
Thinking of you. non-stop.

#87 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 07:13 PM

Leslie, the hyperstim absolutely can come back. That is exactly what happened to me this last cycle. I started to hyperstim after the retrieval, it went away, then I just got sick as a dog a few days before the pg test - cramps, nausea, bloating, you name it.

I hope the gatorade helps!

#88 of 112 Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Hi Leslie, I just don't know if it's still too early. I normally get AF on 13 dpo. today is 11dpo. And all of a sudden after dinner I got super sick, cramping and pulling in my middle abdomen like at 7dpo only this time it made me sick. I need to throw up and TMI alert it made me need to poo too. I mean so sick, that I crawled up the steps. Not too bad right this second but holy cramp I'm feeling down right awful.

Leslie, I do so hope that your cramping and spotting is a pending pregnancy.

#89 of 112 Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

thank you, everybody, for all of your kindness and support yesterday. I wish I had good news, but unfortunately the spotting kept getting heavier and I soaked through a pad last night. I have a full-blown heavy period. we're done.

and I'm sad beyond words. I just don't understand this.
#90 of 112 Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Oh, honey. My heart hurts for you. I wish I had words to make this better, or, better yet, just fix the situation. This all just sucks. I am so so sorry.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page