Cramping after IUI? Who has it and why? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 5th IUI. I am CD 17 and 2 DPIUI. I actually had 2 IUI one on the 14th and one on the 15th (for a total of just over 5 million swimmers). The other difference is I took Femara for the first time.

I am having lots of cramping and have not experienced this for the past IUI's. It does NOT feel like OV pain nor is it really like AF cramps but close. I dont believe I have any cysts as we had a ultrasound right before the IUI.

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience? Please share your thoughts.
#2 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 PM

I'm curious too, as I had an IUI on the 12th. I too had some "discomfort" that day/night and I don't recall anything like that in the past. And the sensation feels they way you discribed. I was on 100 mgs clomid on this cycle (vs the 50 mgs I was taken on previous cycles).
#3 of 7 Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM

It may be your corpeus luteum collapsing after ovulation. I think it is pretty common, esp. if your using fertility meds that can make large or multiple follies. After my IUI, I usually cramps for that day and the next. It should be a good cramping since it means the egg has left
#4 of 7 Old 04-19-2007, 08:05 PM

I have done a few IUI's in the past. The only time it hurt and I had cramping with when I had to use a different OB for them. he was pretty rough.

I am sorry but I have heard it is common. If you continue to have cramping I would call just to make sure.
#5 of 7 Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

The cramping for me has continued after the IUI for the past week!
I see some women post this as an early PG symptom.
Fingers Crossed!
#6 of 7 Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincynana View Post
It may be your corpeus luteum collapsing after ovulation. I think it is pretty common, esp. if your using fertility meds that can make large or multiple follies. After my IUI, I usually cramps for that day and the next. It should be a good cramping since it means the egg has left
It could be this...or as an andrologist I can tell you that if the semen was not fully cleaned and spun down, the extra fluids may cause cramping.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 7 Old 04-28-2007, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
It could be this...or as an andrologist I can tell you that if the semen was not fully cleaned and spun down, the extra fluids may cause cramping.
Oh, thanks for that information. I would have never known. It may have started as that but I have been cramping everyday since the IUI. Today is 14 days past it. AF would normally be due tomorrow. I am very hopefull it worked.
Thanks so much for your replys!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page