Is anyone getting ready to start an IVF cycle? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-24-2007, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Booja's Mom - Congratulations on your transfer. I know the 2ww is so hard. I did have quite a bit of cramping during the 2ww, and still do from time to time. I am sorry that I didn't congratulate you sooner - the nausea is still pretty bad so I am laying down as much as possible.

Perdita - I struggled with doing another IVF cycle because I too was committed to nursing my toddler. My dd started to wean herself and was only nursing for short periods before naps and bedtime. My RE said that would be fine. When it was time to actually start my cycle she had completely weaned herself. Good luck with the night weaning.

Mamimapster - I am so sorry to hear about your BFN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM

JL'smom - thanks for your comments. I am hoping that I can cut back the nursing to about that level using some of Pantley's techniques - and then we can build back up once (fingers crossed) I get pg. DD caught a virus (fever, stomach upset etc) late last week and has been nursing a lot as a result, which is not helping the weaning cause, but of course I'm thrilled that I can comfort her through it.

Booja's Mom - thinking of you. The 2ww is awful - take care of yourself!

Mamimapster - I'm so sorry to hear this. We didn't get any freezable embies from our last cycle either. Thoughts are with you too - take time to heal :-(

My latest update is that my thyroid test is back, and I don't have any thyroid problems (yay!) - so the weight issue is a very simple calorie intake thing, combined with from being from very lean stock (which means I don't have an excuse for carrying the extra pounds I had been carrying pre-pregnancy LOL!). That is a big load off my mind - now I can concentrate on a gentle, partial weaning and crossing my fingers that my hormones come back encouragingly enough that we can go for it.

Good luck to us all :-)

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 PM

Hey there, has anyone done more than one IVF cycle, an when did they let you do the next cycle after a failed IVF? I need to do a retrieval and transfer again.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 PM

I want in on the support thread too... I have a mock transfer July 2 and start Lupron on July 11. They call it a long protocol so all other meds will start after my next cycle. Supposed to be 2 weeks after starting Lupron. So glad to have people to talk to as I become a pin cushion for the summer.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 PM

I'm so sorry, Mamimapster. :

Thinking of you all!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow. I've been avoiding this thread, and this section of the boards really, since a particularly Earth-shattering failed cycle last cycle. But, you women have been busy! Congrats on all these upcoming Feb/March babes! So exciting! And, of course, many hugs and good wishes to those of you dealing with the sadness and frustration of bfns. I can totally sympathize.
This cycle has been a gong show already, and we haven't even done the IUI yet! I got +opks over the weekend, but couldn't track down the dr. When we finally did reach her, we headed over to the clinic and it turns out that OUR SPERM WASN'T THERE!!! Gah. So, no IUI, needless to say. A few angry exchanges with the sperm bank though! In desperation, I continued peeing on sticks, and just this afternoon got *another* positive. My temps didn't go up after the first spike, so I wasn't surprised to get another today, but still. So, the gong show continues because the nurse at the hospital who is supposed to page our dr is absent and a very, very cranky nurse took the message instead. That was more than three hours ago and we still haven't heard from our dr, so I seriously doubt she has actually been paged. Grrr! Anyway, a positive opk around 5pm today would mean that tomorrow morning and then again tomorrow night or Wed morning would be good timing right? I'm totally questioning everything after last month's failure. The past few days have been a complete rollercoaster. I thought we were going to have to forfeit the cycle, which was all kinds of complicated beyond being a disappointment as we have two cycles worth of sperm up here, but this cycle and August are the only cycles we can use that sperm due to our dr's vacation schedule and my own return to school in another province in September. Anyway. You are all familiar with the ups and downs of this insanity, I know. Cross your fingers that we'll get to do the IUI tomorrow and that we'll wind up with a sticky little babe?
We're looking into McGill's natural cycle IVF too, if this doesn't work, so maybe I'll be joining you "for real" in the future. I hope it doesn't turn out that way, just because I want this babe to make an appearance *now* (aka, via a bfp this cycle!). It's time. It's time for all of us.
Booja's mom - Tomorrow is the 27th!! Are you excited? Scared? Probably both, hey?

Best,
Katia

For greater things are yet to come...

Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Katia - Wow. You win the award for stress in getting the IUI done. I'm sorry things aren't working out well (but hope they did and you got the IUI). Just think, though, of the amazing story you'll have to tell if this works though!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM

Hi ladies,

Thank you al for your well wishes but we got a big huge BFN today and since no embies survived to be frozen we are back at square 1. I think i will be moving to the adoption boards. Best wishes toall

Katia all the best with you IUI.

Clara
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Boojas Mom I'm so sorry
Selkat Oy! that sounds awful. May I ask if you are willing to tell me your banks name? I am only asking because I had SERIOUS problems with a certain bank and I'm wondering if you are using that one.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Booja's mom - I'm so sorry. I hope you're being gentle with yourself.

mami - we're using Zytex, through the Canadian arm, so Outreach Health Services. No real complaints other than this one crappy shipping episode and their primary email responder to-er is as thick as a doornail.

I did get to have my IUI this morning, around 11, and again tonight at around the same time. The timing looks pretty good, but it did last cycle as well, so I guess we'll just wait and see. I'm pretty much convinced it will work, with a healthy dose of fear tossed in. I had myself convinced last time too though, and look where we are now. Bah. Now, I need to find a snack and get to bed.

For greater things are yet to come...

Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM

Not the same bank!

User Tag List