Progesterone Levels Indicate Pregnancy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been on Clomid for three months (one month at 50mg and 2 at 100mg). My day 21 lab work came back with a progesterone level of 36. The first month on Clomid, it was 5.1 and the second month it was at 14.

A progesterone level of 36 seems really high. Does this indicate pregnancy? It's still a couple days too early to test.

I guess I'm just excited and wanted to get your take on my progesterone level. Can the level indicate pregnancy this early (I am about 9 days DPO)?

Thanks and best wishes to you all!

Tara
#2 of 6 Old 08-01-2007, 03:04 PM

I had gotten my hopes up when my day 21 tests came back with a progesterone level of 85. I thought for sure that I was pregnant! I got my period though right on schedule. When I researched it on the web I found out that progesterone levels aren't a predictor of pregnancy but it is good to have high levels if you are pregnant. But I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mom to Elena 5/08 & George 8/09.
#3 of 6 Old 08-01-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow - 85! I really feel for you, I know that I would have immediately assumed pregnancy too. It's good to know that progesterone levels aren't a predictor of pregnancy (over 25 is a good level to support a pregnancy though, correct?). I'll just have to be patient until I can test.

Good luck to you sselora! I really hope that you get your BFP soon!

Take Care!
#4 of 6 Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Tara, can I ask how many DPO you were on CD21? I had my CD21 blood draw today to check progesterone levels but I'm only 4 DPO. I'll be curious to see where they are.

eta: this is my first month on Clomid.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#5 of 6 Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hi rach! I was between 4 and 6 DPO. I am not completely sure which day I ovulated this month, but I know it's within that range. It is strange, last month, I felt like I could pinpoint ovulation to an exact day and this time around it was a little more vague.

How has the first month of Clomid been for you? You'll have to update me on the results of your blood draw. Hoping for a BFP for you this month!
#6 of 6 Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 AM

It hasn't been bad at all! I was already ovulating on my own but only had a max 10 day luteal phase so my doctor suggested Clomid. I started on 100mg. The only side effect I had was headaches, luckily at least for this month it looks like I skipped the mood swings.

I think I will get the results tomorrow, I'll let you know! Thank you for the well wishes, I'll be thinking positive baby thoughts for you as well!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page