Oct ivf??? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's TODAY, ET, due to the SD fires the air quality is poor and they want them in me ASAP!! Talk about excitement, no time to plan for anything else except a shower and we're off!! Say on on little prayer for us! Will log-in this evening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurTime View Post
Hello all, hope everyone's doing well. It's been a few slow days,aside from Sat painful evening-night. All seems to good to be true, can't believe this is really happening to us, it feels like a dream and soon I'll be awaken from it. To think we've been on this path to ttc for the past 6 years and here we are, 1day away from ET and all our faith will be tested. I hope all goes well for us for ALL of us, this has been a very exciting year and we're very THANKFUL at the opportunity that has been made available to us. We hope to be successful pt no pot matter what the outcome may be! Best wishes to you all. I'm in a dif place than I was before, I'm scared and happy and so excited to have made it this far. To be honest, when we were told that we would need help ttc i felt like such a loser, I felt that God must not think me worthy or worse a bad mother to be given the blessing of having kids. I know now that this is not the case, I learned that we are all tested and sometimes what we want the most is not the easiest to obtain, it's what you work the hardest for! Thanks to you all for providing on on place were we can talk openly about my worries and fears!! I have on on few very good friends that support me and my dh but not going thru ivf keeps the on the outside of things and though I love em to death,your support is awesome! Ok enough of the mushy stuff.. I get my final call/lab call today-should find out what time tomorrow is my ET!! Best wishes to you ALL!!
Cyncinana- I've heard that during implantation you sometimes feel cramps and burning,hope that means you'll have good news coming soon!
Take care, I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

OurTime~ Best wishes for a smooth and easy transfer. Prayers going out to you. Your last post was beautiful. Thank you for that!
#63 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Lots of positive energy going your way, OurTime! Keep us posted!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#64 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Best of luck Our Time! Saying a prayer for you!

SAHM to 2 year olds Tesla and Lucius. twins.gif
#65 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 PM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
#66 of 174 Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 PM

It was a fairly easy procedure, thank goodness!! All went very well. This is day 1 of rest and I'm already bored, tired. Hope these next couple of days fly by. I really can't complaint, a lot of SD families are in such great needs due to the fires. I'm on bed rest and Dr. said that if needed, I can do, move around as normal. My sister will have to evacuate her home with family and pets. My prayers will be for all the SD families as well. Everyone say on on little prayer. How's everyone else doing? I can't believe we're at the end of the road, hope to have great news by next Friday,11/2. Best wishes to you All.... Sticky babies, sticky babies!!!
#67 of 174 Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 PM

The skies in SD are filled with smoke and ash but hopefully this means we're close to fire containment. We've been real fortunate not having to be evacuated,for now.
Anyhow, how's everyone else doing? What's everyone's calendar looking like? How exciting, so many thoughts going around in my head, not really doubts just the what if's... It's been really nice having this hope to hang on to, my p.test is next week Friday and for some reason it seems so soon. I can't wait--dh is so excited, he's been a real angel taking care of it all and making this any easy wait...Love him! Just thought I' d' check in. Best wishes to you all!!!! Will check in tomorrow.
#68 of 174 Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

OurTime~ I'm glad you're OK. I was watching the news thinking of you today. How close to the fires are you? It is so sad to watch people lose their homes

How is everyone else doing?

I'm getting impatient. I've felt very the last 2 days, but that might just be nerves. Then I saw a kid throw up today and thought that I was going to lose it right there along side him. Its also been raining for 2 days, making me somewhat : But, I've been doing my puzzle book like the RE recommended, so that's helped! I also made a list of things that I'm going to do just in case I'm not pg. Having a plan makes me feel a little better.
#69 of 174 Old 10-24-2007, 11:50 AM

s to our mamas waiting on pg tests
also to those in the SD area

I am thinking positve thoughts and flinging them at you!!!! :

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#70 of 174 Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM

We're in the middle of it, there's fire from the north, south and east and we're about 5 miles away from each side. We're very fortunate, had close call with our parents but so far so good! I kid with dh about having cabin fever. Being on bed rest is one thing, not being able to go out is really hard.
Cincynana- when is your p.test? Hope your feeling sick brings good news. I hadn't thought about having a plan incase getting pg didn't happen, I mean I thought of the posibility of that also being the result just not what I/we would do. I don't know what would be next, could we do this again? From the medical side is there a time frame you wait? Does anyone know? It didn't occur to ask my RE. From a personal side, I know we could not have kids on our own! If you don't mind me asking you all, what is next step should the test result not be a possitive one? I didn't that far ahead, Thanks for bringing up, it would be good for me as well to review and have a plan or atleast the begining of one...
I forgot to mention before, but we had 2 transfered and 11 frozen, I guess we would do it all again?, looks like since we went with the freezing option?! Hope all is well with everyone! Take care!! Best wishes to you all!
#71 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 AM

What we plan to do if we don't get pg this cycle is do another fresh cycle (regardless of if we have any frozen). Since our ins covers 3 cycles, we figure we might as well have them be fresh ones, and save the frozen ones for later on down the road, since its much cheaper and we'd be able to afford that without ins coverage. If we didn't have ins coverage for ivf and had frozen embies, I would do a frozen embryo transfer if I didn't get pg. I asked my RE how long we'd have to wait before doing another ivf cycle if this one didn't work and she told me one cycle. So, god forbid, this cycle doesn't work, I'll be doing a December cycle.

Tomorrow I have my first appt since I started stimming. Then I have an appt everyday between tomorrow and ER day. ER day is more than likely 6-7 days away (the 30th or 31st), but it seems so far! Its been all rainy and gloomy here for the past couple of days; looks like it'll be that way all week. The weather just has me going a bit stir-crazy and a bit glum. Argh@ hormones!!!

Cincy~ thanks for the tip on the menopur! Its really making a world of difference!

Good luck everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurTime View Post
We're in the middle of it, there's fire from the north, south and east and we're about 5 miles away from each side. We're very fortunate, had close call with our parents but so far so good! I kid with dh about having cabin fever. Being on bed rest is one thing, not being able to go out is really hard.
Cincynana- when is your p.test? Hope your feeling sick brings good news. I hadn't thought about having a plan incase getting pg didn't happen, I mean I thought of the posibility of that also being the result just not what I/we would do. I don't know what would be next, could we do this again? From the medical side is there a time frame you wait? Does anyone know? It didn't occur to ask my RE. From a personal side, I know we could not have kids on our own! If you don't mind me asking you all, what is next step should the test result not be a possitive one? I didn't that far ahead, Thanks for bringing up, it would be good for me as well to review and have a plan or atleast the begining of one...
I forgot to mention before, but we had 2 transfered and 11 frozen, I guess we would do it all again?, looks like since we went with the freezing option?! Hope all is well with everyone! Take care!! Best wishes to you all!

#72 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Morning mamas! Hope everyone is feeling well, or having morning sickness right now!

I was wondering if anyone knows of good IVF meditation CD's/downloads?
Someone mentioned something on a previous thread, but I can't seem to find it. I have a meditation CD for XXfertility, but if you've read my other post about neuro linguistic programming, you know I don't like the word and I think I'm liking the cd less because of the negative title.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that it might be helpful during the ER, since I hear that can be somewhat painful. I also need something at night to calm my head Anyone else feel like they are a different person than they were before this journey started? I never suffered from depression and I certainly feel like I have all the DSM symptoms....

Have a great day day! and

#73 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Morning :

Sorry I don't know of CD's to recommend. I tried setting up acupuncture but with my busy sched. I was not able to do. I have heard that laughter/laughing helps with depression.. maybe renting a few funny flics?

You know for my ER I was basically knocked out, LOVED IT! I was sore upon waking up, but it was not bad, they gave me pain medication. When they ask you if you want something for the pain take it, when you wake up your body is still 1/2 asleep, but 20 min's later, it wakes up and you'll be regreting not taking the pain meds. I went back to work the next day after ER, don't know what I was thinking.. taking my vicodin with me was the best thing I did! If possible, plan to take an extra day to relax.

How exciting for you!! You'll see that these next days will fly by so quickly, do all that you can during the days before ER, it helps. Many best wishes to you.. I'll be thinking of you these next days coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann109 View Post
Morning mamas! Hope everyone is feeling well, or having morning sickness right now!

I was wondering if anyone knows of good IVF meditation CD's/downloads?
Someone mentioned something on a previous thread, but I can't seem to find it. I have a meditation CD for XXfertility, but if you've read my other post about neuro linguistic programming, you know I don't like the word and I think I'm liking the cd less because of the negative title.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that it might be helpful during the ER, since I hear that can be somewhat painful. I also need something at night to calm my head Anyone else feel like they are a different person than they were before this journey started? I never suffered from depression and I certainly feel like I have all the DSM symptoms....

Have a great day day! and
#74 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Cincy ~
When is your pg test? How exciting for you!! I'll keep praying for you!!
Mine's next Friday and I can't wait.. I've been feeling a little crampy, hope all is good, don't know what to expect~~ what it should feel like or if I can do anything other than take it easy to better my chances. Are you concerned with multiples at this stage? I've thought about it and I don't know what to think, we would feel blessed, the reality of it probably wouldn't hit us until after delivery! But if that's how it's meant to be, we want it!
*Best wishes to you all*
Who else is waiting on a pg test??
#75 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

ann109~ I used this cd:
http://store.anjionline.com/-strse-9...and/Detail.bok

I really like it. I was able to download it from the website and put it right onto my ipod. If I'm not pg, I might get the increases fertility naturally. I loved your thoughts on the xxfertility word.

ourtime~ My beta is next Thursday, so I still have a week to go. It has been a tough couple of days....

My plan, if I'm not pg, is probably to take a break, and then maybe see either my gyn or a different RE and try to get some answers. I love my RE, but I don't feel like I know what's wrong with me, dh or the combo of us. I'm frustrated that I did 6 injects/iui cycles and was told that everything looked good, but also ended up with a neg. I had a lap, cleared out endo, RE said we'd be pg w/in 3 months and all of the sudden we were told to do ivf. I feel like I haven't really asked questions b/c I just want to get pg and I'll do whatever. But we probably won't be able to do an other ivf, or at least not anytime soon. Our insurance doesn't cover anything. We didn't get to freeze anything, so all of our eggs are literally in the basket. We've spent about $20,000 just this year alone. We won't take out loans to do this, and we eventually need to bring this to peace.

devilish~ I'm glad the menopur is going ok. The next week will be such a whirlwind for you. I'm so excited that you are getting so close.

I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!!!
#76 of 174 Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 PM

cincynana: I think that was the cd everyone was raving about a few months back. Thank you I feel so sad about your little stressed out face next to your name I hope you are pampering yourself and can find what you need to get through the next 6 days.

Ourtime:Thanks for the advice about the pain meds. I have all of my rx here now and it includes valium. I am really bad with pain meds~get really sick. So I'm kinda nervous. I WISH I were close to ER. I'm still waiting for AF to start so I can start my pre-procedure month, starting Lupron on CD 21. CD 1 should be sometime next toward the end of week. So much going on here the end of next week~you and cincynana testing, devilish_fettish ER, gemasita surgery, me AF.

Jamie: How are you doing? Surgery still set for Nov 1st?

mamimapster, kuhn486: Any updates? Hope things are going/have gone well!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...just logged on actually to sub this thread, since I space it sometimes and ask questions and then forget to ck back

Have a restful night!!

#77 of 174 Old 10-28-2007, 06:13 PM

How is everyone holding up?

#78 of 174 Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
How is everyone holding up?
Really well! Thanks for asking! . How's everyone else doing? I saw on the other thread that you were crampy. Did AF start for you? If so, congrats! I had an appt thursday. It went really well, lots of follicules growing. I was a little worried that it would take long since i'm on pretty low doses, but it doesn't seem to have taken any longer. I think they had just the right dose to stim me, but not risk me getting ohss (a fear i had before I started stimming). They told me to come back in on Saturday. Everything was still doing great. A good number of follicules of a good size and a good estradiol level. RE says we're on track for a Wed ER, thurs at the latest! I have an appt today and possibly tomorrow. I'm really excited!!! It still seems surreal though, like its not really 2-3 days until my ER. Cincynana, Our Time, any reccommendations for ER or ET? Did either of you do acupuncture? When did you do it? Before ER or ET or after or both? Also, how long does it take the hcg shot to leave the system? I figure this will be as good a time as any to indulge slightly in my poas habit, but i dont want the hpts to just pick up the hcg from the trigger shot. So how long is it before that hcg is out of my system and i can get a reliable result from a hpt? Good luck everyone!

#79 of 174 Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Hope everyone is well!

Devilish F.- I wanted to do acupuncture but unfortunately my sched. was too busy to do before ER and then with the fires there was really no way to get an apt. for after ER. My ER was pulled in 1 day earlier than orig. planned due to the bad air quality in SD and so that kinda changed a few of my last minute things I wanted to do. So, the only recommendation I can make is have most of what you need done at least 1-2 days before ER, make your home confy for after ER, ie.. have your meds/vitamins, go through your house and see where you plan on spending most of your down time and make it as confy as possible. If you're going to rent movies, pick-em' out soon. The less you worry about the little stuff the better!
***HOW EXCITING!!!***

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. How's everyone else??

I'm doing well, I'm worried though, I keep having weird cramp like feelings, they come and go quickly at random times.. I checked with RE and she said that since I had a great stim. it was normal for me to have all these cramps and twitching, even the stingy feeling in uterus. That made me feel better and dh too! Poor DH anytime I make a sound, he's all like "are you ok?" "what was that?" "should you call the RE?".. he's been on pin&needles : this past week. I try not to make to many sounds around him, give him a little bit of peace. Now my concern is that I'm NOT feeling any dif., shouldn't I be feeling some of the morning sickness? All I've really had has been back aches and the cramping. I guess I'm worried that since I don't feel nausea, it's not a good sign? I'm still trying to stay possitive, I have my p.test this Friday (4 more days)! I'm happy and excited and worried and I still can't believe this is really happening!!

Take Care ALL~~:
#80 of 174 Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM

OMG! The excitement on this board is so flippin', um, EXCITING! Thank you all for sharing your journeys~it has so informative and reassuring. I hope that the end of 2007 brings us a bunch of pregnant sistahs

Today is CD 1 for me(pre-procedure month), and CD 21 I start Lupron. I have never been this excited for AF....I always cried when she showed, even the months I know we had zero chance, but now I'm crying because I'm happy. Poor DH

Thanks for the updates mamas!!!

#81 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 AM

Nicole~ exciting is right!!! Congrats on getting your period! Are you doing BCP at the same time as the lupron? Do you have your schedule yet? Good luck! Keep us posted!

So... I took my HCG shot tonight at 9:30 and my ER is Halloween morn at 8:30 am!!!!! I'm so excited I can't stop laughing and dancing around! OMG its almost here!!!!! I have an appt at 1pm tomorrow for my final ultrasound and bloodwork. Then my ER first thing wed morn.

Our Time~ thanks for the suggestions! We're sending back the netflix movies now so we have fresh ones in time for ER! We're going to try to do the accupuncture, but when's supposed to be the most beneficial time to get it? I've never had it before, not sure if that makes a difference. I wouldn't be too worried that you're not nauseas, cuz some women don't get nauseas this early. The back ache is a GREAT sign tho! I was reading up on early pg signs on the ttc board and backache is DEFINITELY one of them! Good luck! Cincynana~ How are you doing? Any signs/symptoms yet? When's your pg test?

Good luck and I hope everyone is doing well.

#82 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Crap on a stick!!! They told me my appt was at 1pm, it was 9am!!!! DH is driving like a mad man to get me to the office by 11! I'm so mad! I asked 4 times if it was at 1 and was told yeah. Then they don't even call till 10 to see wtf happened/why I wasn't there! Argh! Luckily they can get me in at 11 at another office. We're getting off the exit, so I've gotta go. I'll keep you guys posted!

#83 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 PM

Oh no!

Here's the positive spin: Yeah! They can get you in at 11am! And thank goodness that it wasn't the egg retrieval appt!

Hope all goes well and that you and DH aren't too stressed! Keep us posted!!!!

#84 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 01:59 PM

devilish_fetish:

Thanks for asking!
I am not on BCP. Do you know why one might be placed on BCP? (Feeling a little left out, everyone is on BCP)

Yes, my schedule seems pretty do-able and yes, I am going to bore you with it!

CD 21 of pre-procedure month(I'm CD2 today): start Lupron .2ml Lupron is a GnRh? Is that BCP?
Continue on Lupron until AF shows, generally 10-12 days after starting.
Call for ultrasound when AF shows, call for u/s after 14 days on Lupron if no AF.
Decrease Lupron to .05 ml after u/s showing suppression, start Gonal -F and menopur.
Menopur for only two days, but Gonal-F and Lupron continue until the day before HCG trigger. HCG trigger , E/R/ retrieval w/i 30 hrs, ET day 3.
Then progesterone IM and estrace (Pill) until 10 weeks pregnant.

Does that sound like what everyone else has done?

I'd be interested to hear how others are different from this schedule....

Ok, off to make a IVF calendar!

#85 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Morning all and what a wonderful way to star the morning!! So many GREAT things going on for all! I'm so happy for you all and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

devilishf~ Don't worry, all will be ok, you'll see. If you're having trouble with getting accurate information (apt. time) make sure to discuss it before your ER day, errors happen but when it comes to your ER date/time, they cannot make this mistake and cause you to be late on this super-important date, there's no room for them to make this mistake twice! :
Let us know how it goes!

ann109~ your calendar was taylored to your specific needs, you may not have needed the bcp like some of us? I wouldn't think that to be a bad thing, if anything think about it like one less pill to have taken, and you missed out on the side effects-not a bad deal! I'm sure your RE/Dr. choose not to have you do it for better reasons, nothing wrong with that. Lupron is so that you don't ovulate. My calendar was similar but with some dif.'s.. I did bcp in Sept., the month before, RE said that they wanted me to let my ovaries rest before the stim process started in Oct., I did the Lupron and then GonalF pen (no menopur) lastly was the HCG shot 36hrs prior to ER. I had a 4 day transfer (was supposed to have been a 5day but due to fires and bad air quality they didn't want to wait 1 more day) on ET day I started the Progesterone cream (no IM for me ), also started taking Doxy (antibiotic pill) same day for 5 days to avoid any infections due to ET.. so as of ET day, the only thing left for me to do is the progest. cream in the night and take prenatal and folic+81mg aspirin ~~ waiting out the 2ww = this Friday is beta b/w and that's it! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!! I don't know how I managed to stay on top of all this, it's very over whelming : LOTS GOING ON !!! Keep us posted! BEST WISHES!

cyncinana~How are you? How's the sewing coming along? puzzle-book? Feeling good still or have you felt more nausea? I'm keeping you in my prayers at night, hope you have great news this Thursday!! How are you holding up?

Well ALL -- I haven't had many bad thougths/doubts until this morning, sorry ladies, but here's my bad morning.. hope you don't mind me being negative for a min.- but it helps me to put it out there, so I can move on..
I started my morning feeling good, until I experience some cramps again and then my mind goes to thinking, it feels like normal, what it would feel if I were to start my period these next few days.. that bums me, I start doubting myself~ I think how can I possibly think that I am pg, if it's been 6 years what makes me think it can be this easy? has my mind taken over and helped me fool myself into believing the small feelings to think that I am pg? how big of a fool will I feel like this Friday when it comes back negative? My guilt comes from DH having so much hope on this, he's so possitive and this morning all could thinks about is how hard will it be for him? This is the first time that real fear has made it's way into my mind. Just for a brief moment I feel like such a fake, waiting on reality to be confirmed ~~ SORRY!!
I snapped out of it, but it's a real concern.. and then I read todays replies --- THANK YOU Devilish Fetish for your concern/info. it's really helped me to clear my head again and start my day over!! I talked with DH just a few mins a go and he said not to think negatively~~ to just wait it out and wait for the result! He's right, I need to go back to thinking possitively and move on with my day.. no point in allowing my fear to take over~~ I WILL CONTINUE TO BE POSSITIVE!! Been through hell and back for many years, what's acouple more days: ~~ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE OPEN BUT MOST OF ALL, THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS, I COULD NOT IMAGINE GOING THROUGH IT WITH OUT YOU ALL!!! The good, the bad, the doubts:, the pains : and the hope
** sorry so long**
#86 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM

ourtime - I just wanted to pipe in a bit to let you know that cramps can be a good thing! I went through IVF in August and that was the first thing I felt, big fat AF cramps. I was so depressed I cried, but in the end it was just the little one snuggling in. So you have all the reason in the world to believe that everything is going just great. Keep positive and here's to - :

Mom to Elena 5/08 & George 8/09.
#87 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 03:41 PM

OurTime
Negative thoughts are what they are:~I agree, get them out so they don't fester. I fight them regularly and have found that crazy upbeat is the only thing that combats the - for me.

Thank you very much for the cycle info~no IM shots for you except the HCG? That's awesome!

Copycatting the rest with a shout out to cincynana....hope you're doing fine!

I still haven't found a way to deal with newly preg sil. Avoidance will not work forever. I stared thinking about how I would deal if not pg when her baby showers comes around. I had to shut that off, when I think about it, I feel this tightening sensation around my throat. Am I the only one who feels that?

#88 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Thank you both!! I am going to stay positive, just going through it one day at a time. I guess it's not that bad that in the 2ww this is my first day of bad thoughts. From now on~happy thoughts!! happy thoughts!! I'll just need to concentrate more on other stuff to keep my mind from slippin' Life is good, Life is great! I know, I'll do up the house for tomorrow trick-or-treaters.. that should keep me busy today-tomorrow

sselora~ Thanks, really helps put my mind at ease. I talked with RE a few days back and she also confirmed it was all normal. Don't know what else to make of it except what I know similar feelings lead to, so for now, I'll ignore what I'm used to things leading too and just leave it wide open for NEW things to come!

ann109~ I do progesteron via vaginal cream application instead of the IM shots, according to my Dr. it's the same thing, just a dif. application type. My RE said the more common is the IM shots, that's the original one from way back when, there's also a pill version out in the market too. I think it's left to your Dr./the practice which one is used. You're right, avoidance will not work, it actually builds up and it'll creep up and come out at the worst time. It helps to start dealing with it now, little by little. Just remember that you are also working towards the same goal, you may be there sooner than you know it too! Your time will come!! *hugs*

Take CARE!!
#89 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Well I'm back home now. I got the rest of my schedule and checked 10X to make sure we had the right time for my ER. My ER is tomorrow at 8:30 (but I've gotta be there an hour early.) My ET is scheduled for Sat at 10:30. Yay!!!

No, not bored at all! My schedule was a little different, but not by much.

When I started AF,(I think sept 29th or so) I called the RE and was prescribed Birth Control Pills (BCP). Then I was put on the lupron (oct 10th). Then I stopped the BCP (oct 15th), got a light AF (literally within 3 days, oct 18th), and started stimming with Gonal F and Menopur (oct 20th). I was on both of those and .05 Lupron through the 28th and took my HCG yesterday. I take a doxycycline tonight, then friday night and sat morn. I start Medrol tomorrow for 5 days. I start progesterone shots, baby aspirin, and estrace on the 1st. So basically just add BCP and extend the menopur and you've got my schedule! The BCP are just another way of suppressing your cycle, so your hormones can be controlled/you don't O or get pg early. I think others in the group were on bcp too,if I remember correctly. But I don't think it HAS to be done, KWIM? I think its just... insurance that nothing goes wrong like an early O. The menopur is by far the worst of the subq shots so be forewarned. It STINGS! Cincynana's suggestion about putting it in the fridge worked like a charm tho! The gonal was easy-peasy. Really thin needle so it doesn't hurt bad. I gave those and the lupron to myself when dh didn't have time to before work. I gave myself the menopur just a couple of time...ouch! I'm assuming the progesterone will suck (Our Time, Cincynana, this true?) since its an intramuscular shot and a thick oil to boot! Other than that my cycle wasn't too bad. I was nauseas quite a bit, but I think that was mostly from the metformin. And I had some mood swings, but that was mostly towards the end when I was on the met, the lupron, the menopur and the gonal f! : Are you taking a prenatal yet? I started one when I got AF (just the target brand), whichever brand you get make sure it has the required/reccommended amounts of vitamins and minerals. Pregnancy.about.com has a guide that tells you how to find a good one.

Our Time, Cincynana how are you guys doing?
Hope everyone is well! Hopefully we'll all have great news at the end of the week!

Quote:
devilish_fetish:

Thanks for asking!
I am not on BCP. Do you know why one might be placed on BCP? (Feeling a little left out, everyone is on BCP)

Yes, my schedule seems pretty do-able and yes, I am going to bore you with it!

CD 21 of pre-procedure month(I'm CD2 today): start Lupron .2ml Lupron is a GnRh? Is that BCP?
Continue on Lupron until AF shows, generally 10-12 days after starting.
Call for ultrasound when AF shows, call for u/s after 14 days on Lupron if no AF.
Decrease Lupron to .05 ml after u/s showing suppression, start Gonal -F and menopur.
Menopur for only two days, but Gonal-F and Lupron continue until the day before HCG trigger. HCG trigger , E/R/ retrieval w/i 30 hrs, ET day 3.
Then progesterone IM and estrace (Pill) until 10 weeks pregnant.

Does that sound like what everyone else has done?

I'd be interested to hear how others are different from this schedule....

Ok, off to make a IVF calendar!

#90 of 174 Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

devilish f~ Glad to hear all is ok with you!
As for me, I had a bad morning, see my email before yours from today later if want to visit.. I'm over it now and looking towards new days to come.. geez does that sound morbid?! I'll recap for you, I had a panic morning, got some cramps and thought that it was like regular ones right before AF days and so I started doubting myself and feeling pretty bumed out. The gals helped me get back on track, all is better. My beta test is this Friday (3 days to go!). Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be thnking of you!! Best wishes to ya!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page