Anybody else with an emergency hysterectomy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an emergency hysterectomy on August 9th after a 2nd trimester pregnancy loss. I gave birth to our stillborn daughter, Carina Grace, and then ended up with a supracervical hysterectomy hours later due to placenta precreta. I'm really struggling, both physically and mentally. Physically, it still hurts. I am blessed to have three healthy live children but was hoping for a large family. A hysterectomy at age 28 was not something I had ever dreamed would happen to me. Together with the loss of our daughter, it has devastated me.

Is there anyone else out there who had to have a hysterectomy? If so, how long until I can reasonably expect to be pain free? And how do you deal with the permanent loss of fertility? I guess I am looking for someone who can relate to what I am experiencing.

Katharine
#2 of 9 Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 AM

I couldnt read and not give you a I hope you find others to share with and find peace in what happened.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 9 Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 AM

i also couldn't read and not respond. i am so very sorry.
#4 of 9 Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 PM

I wish I had answers for you, but I couldn't read without posting either.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find someone soon who can tell you what you need to know.
#5 of 9 Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse95 View Post
I had an emergency hysterectomy on August 9th after a 2nd trimester pregnancy loss. I gave birth to our stillborn daughter, Carina Grace, and then ended up with a supracervical hysterectomy hours later due to placenta precreta. I'm really struggling, both physically and mentally. Physically, it still hurts. I am blessed to have three healthy live children but was hoping for a large family. A hysterectomy at age 28 was not something I had ever dreamed would happen to me. Together with the loss of our daughter, it has devastated me.

Is there anyone else out there who had to have a hysterectomy? If so, how long until I can reasonably expect to be pain free? And how do you deal with the permanent loss of fertility? I guess I am looking for someone who can relate to what I am experiencing.

Katharine
I'm in the exact same situation. I had a massive uterine rupture during labor on Dec 21, just a month ago. Baby didn't survive. Apparently I barely did. I was in the hospital until last week. All I know is that my uterus and one ovary were so damaged they had to be removed. I don't know the extent of the surgery, if my cervix is still there, etc. I'm going to see the ob who did the surgery today. I'm not ready for answers but I can't hide from it.

Is there a tribe for us on mdc? The search feature drives me nuts
#6 of 9 Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Hello ladies

I had an Emergency Hysterectomy one month after my son was born due to hemorrhage.
Hugs to you ladies..I know it is a tough and confusing time, but no you are not alone...

The group is called PPH Survivors under yahoo groups. It has been wonderful for me.
#7 of 9 Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 PM

I am so sorry for what you ladies have been through. I don't know exactly what you are going through but I do know what it's like to wake up from surgery with your fertility altered forever. It's such a shock.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#8 of 9 Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 PM

I can understand, I wondered if anyone else had went through this at my age also. I had several surgeries before I got pregnant with my daughter, and had a heartbreaking miscarriage before her also. I had uteran fibroids very bad, they grew so fast that every 6 months I was having surgeries because I had 4-5 of them grow back and each time there was atleast one that was the size of a grapefruit or larger. I was told I would never get pregnant, and the second time around I did carry Katelyn to term but it was the most excruciating thing I have ever been through all 9 months of it. The fibroids grew out of control during the pregnancy and became degenerated. At my 6 week check up after my C-section I was told that I had to have a hysterectomy as soon as possible, the fibroids had doubled in size in just 6 weeks. I knew that this was eventually going to come but I wasn't prepared for it that soon.
They left my ovaries but I am an emotional basket case lately, I think I am totally stress eating, and they say you won't have nearly the problems if your ovaries are left but seriously??? Any one else having all the craziness?? I am hot flashing, on an emotional roller coaster and trying to raise my baby. At 28, we just aren't built to handle something of this magnitude..Most women who go through menopause naturally aren't ready, so at our age, who do we talk to and how do we handle this?

I just wanted to share this, I don't know if you are dealing with all of this and so much more, but I can say I get it, and I so understand, it's devastating and life changing, and yes very very heart breaking.

We keep our heads up, we keep each other up, and we thank God to be alive and go on, and we sink into the arms of the men who love us and pray they understand or atleast can just get us through that moment.
#9 of 9 Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 PM

I am so sorry for you loss.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page