Anyone doing an IUI? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RunnerDuck - I think you should be my doctor do you have any openings? You are so knowledgeable about this. I just love reading your posts . Thanks for your sound and understandable advice.

Liamsmommy - Good luck with your son's birthday party. Are you doing a theme? Have fun.

Greenflower - Wow that is great that Clomid is $4 at Walmart .

Hope your all enjoying the weekend. It is supposed to get really cold here tonight (-30 with the wind chill Do you think it is ok to take a bath before o? I thought it was advised not to do them but I can not remember now . Oh, my bloodwork and u/s on Friday were good. I think my iui should be early in the week. I go in on Monday for more tests. But I dread the two wait. So I will distract myself with lots of projects!

#62 of 96 Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
RunnerDuck - I think you should be my doctor do you have any openings? You are so knowledgeable about this. I just love reading your posts . Thanks for your sound and understandable advice.
No problem. I have been through the infertility wringer... may as well make spread the knowledge. I think it's a little late to consider medical school but who knows, maybe I will find some way to make use of all I've learned through this...

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
#63 of 96 Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 PM

Seedlings I actually ended up getting the meds at Kroger. I don't know if you have that near you, but the meds were actually $18 at wal-mart and kroger (still beats the $50+ I was paying before!), but Kroger also had a discount card that I could use on the trigger shot, and it takes $20 off!

We were in sync last cycle with our IUIs, but because of my lovely long cycles I just finished with AF, and if I O the same time as last cycle, I should O on the 22nd, almost two weeks away still. I have my first follicle scan a week from tomorrow, on the 18th. It's kind of annoying, though, that they are doing it on day, what, 13 of my cycle? They know I o later, and I told them when they wanted to make my appt that I o'd on day 18 last time, as well. So I'm probably going to end up having to do the exact same thing as last time. They'll do the scan on monday, tell me they are too small still, do another one in another 2 days and still say they're too small, and then I'll o 2 days later oh well. I just hope the IUI goes well and we get a sticky baby!

I will have PLENTY of projects to work on during the next 2ww. We bought a fixer upper and have to be moved out of the apartment by the 27th. The house needs a ton of work done before AND after we move in. So I'll have plenty to keep myself busy!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#64 of 96 Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Oh boy I think the follistim got me today. I have a headache and I pissed off my sister . I opened my big mouth and said some things I probably should not of . But she has been really rubbing me the wrong way about some family stuff and today I just let it all out. It is not so bad since we are getting together on Saturday for another sister's birthday but .

Well, I trigger tonight. I have three follicles that look good. Then I have the iui on Wednesday!

Greenflower- Congratulations on your new home! You must be busy really with move. What are some of the projects you'll be working on?
#65 of 96 Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM

Has anyone experienced clomid not making you feel much of anything one cycle, and then tearing you up the next??

I am now having everything I prepared myself for last cycle. I'm so incredibly over the top emotional about everything. I'm so nauseous, I'm so exhausted, etc., etc.

I'm on the same mg (100) I was last cycle. If this cycle is like last cycle then IUI will probably be next Thursday.

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#66 of 96 Old 02-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Greenflower, I believe that Clomid does a little bit of build-up in your body. I think this is why RE's recommend taking breaks from it and not doing too many consecutive cycles with it. Maybe this build-up is why you're feeling more side effects now.
#67 of 96 Old 02-15-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Greenflower - How are you feeling on the clomid? Are you almost done taking it? What Jazcat said makes sense. When I took clomid I did not really have to many issues. I was emotional but I do not think I had it as bad as most. Hope your feeling better.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

I had my iui on Wednesday . We only had 15 million swimmers and 76% motility. I think our count was down because we bd the night before. Not sure if the was the right thing to do or not. But I have to wait 36 hours from the trigger to the iui. So I just wanted the sperm there waiting for the egg.

I can feel things going on down there. I had much more cramping last time but only a little bit of it now . I am in the long 2ww and need some motivation to get busy on my "projects"!

Good luck everyone!
#68 of 96 Old 02-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Greenflower - How are you feeling on the clomid? Are you almost done taking it? What Jazcat said makes sense. When I took clomid I did not really have to many issues. I was emotional but I do not think I had it as bad as most. Hope your feeling better.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

I had my iui on Wednesday . We only had 15 million swimmers and 76% motility. I think our count was down because we bd the night before. Not sure if the was the right thing to do or not. But I have to wait 36 hours from the trigger to the iui. So I just wanted the sperm there waiting for the egg.

I can feel things going on down there. I had much more cramping last time but only a little bit of it now . I am in the long 2ww and need some motivation to get busy on my "projects"!

Good luck everyone!

Yes, I'm finished with the clomid. I'm on CD11 right now. Last cycle I O'd on CD18, so if it follows suit, I'll O a week from today. I have my follicle scan this coming Monday, DH has an appt with the urologist the following day (tuesday), and then I expect the IUI will either be Wed. or Thursday.

The sperm count is great compared to what we had at our IUI. While our motility was good (I think around 76%, as well), our count was only 5 million. DH already has low sperm count, but I also think it was effected because we actually waited too long to BD. We DTD 3 days prior to the IUI and i've read that men with low sperm count should DTD every other day, but no longer than that...AND, if they have a vericocele, which we think DH has, then they are effected even more by waiting to long to DTD because the sperm basically get blocked up in there and die.

Sooo..we DTD last night and-ahem-a quickie this morning, lol. I would like to plan on not DTD tomorrow, and then Sunday, then no BD monday, and yes tuesday, etc. BUTTTTT...I did a striptease for the first time for DH last night for Valentine's Day so he'll have that on the brain for a while so I don't know if we'll succeed in waiting until Sunday,

#69 of 96 Old 02-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Greenflower- Congratulations on your new home! You must be busy really with move. What are some of the projects you'll be working on?
Moreso, what projects are we NOT working on! http://saltystars.blogspot.com/

#70 of 96 Old 02-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Just got back from the RE doctor. I had my follicle scan and only had one follicle, so they said no IUI. I'm bummed about the one follicle thing but am encouraged bc it was much bigger.

Last cycle at day 14, the largest follicle was 10x14. This cycle at day 14 the follicle was 13x18. they want me to do trigger shot on thurs and BD on Friday. I'm thinking of skipping out on the trigger this time. Last cycle I got an lh surge on my own and they had me do the trigger shot right after I got the positive opk test.

What do you all think? Do I really need to do the trigger if we're not doing IUI??

#71 of 96 Old 02-19-2008, 03:44 PM

Green flower - re: clomid giving wicked effects one cycle and different ones the next - I have taken it 3 times at 50, 100, and 150. At 50 and 100 I had crazy hot flashes. At 150 - nada. Never had mood swings or emotional stuff but can say that yes you will not always respond the same - even at a higher dose you may have less effects!

re: triggering or not - personally I would... even if there is only one egg you want to be SURE it pops... plus I think HCG can help boost corpus luteum function (levels of progesterone and all) which could help with implantation and a pregnancy getting established. (When I was doing injectables I would over respond and be told to use lupron to trigger ... and some things I read said lupron is not so great as it causes estrogen and progesterone levels to not be so good... but an HCG booster a few days later can rescue the corpus luteum... so kind of speculating here but not entirely pulling the notion out of my butt...)

nak DS S 4/1/11
#72 of 96 Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info/suggestions, etc.!

No LH surge today. This is the day I got my LH surge last cycle. Sooo...either I'll O in less time after the LH surge, or I'm going to O later this month.

DH really doesn't want me to do the trigger shot this month, and because I'm o.k either way, we're gonna skip it.

If I don't conceive this cycle, then next cycle is really my last cycle using infertility drugs, etc. We can't afford to take it any further than this, as insurance won't pay anything.

So next cycle if I don't conceive this time, I'll be on 150mg of clomid on days 3-7 instead of 5-9, and then hopefully enough large follicles to do IUI.

Of course I really hope I don't have a reason for a next cycle!!!!!!!!!! :

On another note, how is everyone else doing this cycle????

#73 of 96 Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 PM

My email isn't working but thank you for responding to my PM. I read your blog and I am so sorry about your experience with reduction. I had no idea what was involved and I deeply apologize if I sounded cavalier about it.
As you suspected, they did NOT do the IUI with me having 45 follicles! So it is just an altogether cancelled cycle. Back to square one.

The reason I said that as a mom of twins I thought I would not carry triplets is that I found twin infants to be a huge challenge. (A joy and a wonder too.) My girls were full term but were very fussy- they always wanted to be held, nursed, etc,- it was very difficult to EVER put them down. There was always someone crying (yes, including me!) I was a new mom and it was very upsetting to me not to be able to meet each baby's needs in the way I wanted to. I very often had to listen to one cry because the other needed both my hands- it really, really wrenched my heart. I simply cannot imagine having to listen to TWO of my babies scream while I dealt with a third. I don't think I could handle it. At least with twins, when it came down to it, I had a breast for each and an arm for each.

I'm sure that parents of triplets find a way to make it work wonderfully. Now that I read your story about reduction, actually, I don't feel as sure about what I would do it that situation. But that's why I said what I said- two infants is a LOT of babies at once.
#74 of 96 Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 PM

Greenflower - good luck whether you trigger or not. Clomid never worked at all for me - I wasn't monitored so I don't know if follies grew and just needed help to actually pop or if nothing grew at all. I did have monitoring on Femara and nothing happened at all so I suspect I just didn't respond to the clomid at all. But if you have had a surge in the past on clomid alone, no trigger... who knows. I just like the extra assurance of the trigger...

Clementine - don't worry about it. I felt cavalier about the whole thing myself before I fell into it. Reduction seems easier than cancelling... cancelling is so heartbreaking. All the hopes and money and time invested... and then... nope, can't go through with it! "But I can reduce!" offers an "easy" compromise. And it is very easy to say I can handle 2 better than I can handle 3... yet something else to give up an actual, real, 3rd child. Your reasons for saying 2 not 3 are sound... and I admit I *do* still feel that way. I know I can give more to 2 babies than to 3. My son was a singleton and I remember how it was with him early on... literally we sat on the couch all day long watching bad TV and nursing. I couldn't put him down or he'd scream. He was a very good baby as long as he was being held and had a boob to suck on :P - LOL. But put him down and watch out! So it was like I can see going through this with two... but I was scared to think of 3. As much as I loved the idea of the triplet stroller and all the attention I'd get in public I worried my home life would be a nightmare. I worried someone would always be crying and not getting what they needed and I thought i can't handle that, it wouldn't be fair. Plus the fact that the doctors gave us all these horror stories of total pregnancy loss, marriages breaking up, disabilities... I just don't know. I don't know how it would have turned out. I was literally scared out of my mind. I believe the insanity defense now!!! Maybe I did the right thing, maybe I didn't. I'll never know. I just know I was totally unprepared for the emotional aftermath of the whole thing and I don't think there's any way 3 babies at once could be as hard as 2 babies + the guilt over a 3rd so if there is a way to prevent having to decide at all... that's the way to go.

nak DS S 4/1/11
#75 of 96 Old 02-22-2008, 11:12 PM

Hi there all. We're starting our first round of IUI this month. I'm on CD#5 today, so probably in 10 days or so (I typically O on day 15 - 17). We've got a low sperm count (though it seems to be improving) and I've got a blocked right tube. Everything else about me seems ok (I had some cycle issues but a year of acupuncture seems to have righted those). Our Dr doesn't want me taking Clomid or any drugs yet, as we know I'm ovulating (and at least one side is working) so we're just doing IUIs for a few months. Any brilliant words of wisdom or special things I should be doing/not doing from you experts? This is new to me.

Good luck to you all!
#76 of 96 Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 PM

got my positive opk yesterday! yay!

#77 of 96 Old 02-24-2008, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

GreenFlower - Hurray for the positive opk . I am : for you.

Runnerduck - You amaze me. This is the first I have read about you and your babies. I am : for you too. As a fellow iuier multiples weigh heavily on me. Thank you for your honesty and insight into this .

ourdomicile - . Hi and welcome, I am loking forward to sharing in your journey. How long have you and dh been ttc?

Well, I know I have been hiding but of course the follistim was leading me to believe I was pg. I even had spotting 8dpiui and lots of cramps in my ovaries (from the triger) and uterus (breathing taking cramps).

But af is showing up 10 dpiui. I have spent a small fortune on preganancy tests (yes I am a poas addict, send help). I have had lots of pg symptoms and have my beta is in two days but Af shows up early (cd 23) to spare me any more guessing ---now that is priceless (UGH) :

So I am indulging in some wine and will be back later
#78 of 96 Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 AM

Greenflower - Yippee for the positive opk. We're hoping for one of those about a week from now. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Seedlings - We've been ttc #1 (for us, he has an 11 year old daughter from a past relationship) since Fall of 06. Wow that seems like a long time ago to write it down like that. We got PG the first time out of the gate, but I miscarried. I've had miscarriages in the past when we weren't trying. I've been doing TCM and acupuncture, plus seeing my ND. My cycles are pretty regular now (they didn't used to be), but we just found out I've got a blocked tube. He's got a lowish SA, though we're retesting that this month as a part of our first IUI and I've got my fingers crossed that it's improved. We're starting IUI this month for the first time and I'm feeling hopeful though honestly a bit terrified about the possibility of this not working as well. Trying to focus on the hopeful

I spent a lot of time on these boards about a year ago after my M/C and when we were in our earlier days of trying, but then needed to back off for a while as I was going a bit crazy I'm back now because I don't have any girlfriends/friends who've done the IUI thing and I know you gals are always such an awesome resource for support and info!
#79 of 96 Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Good morning everyone,

ourdomicle - So sorry to hear about your losses. Are you seeing an re? I have gotten a lot of information about my cycle from seeing an re. They do so much more monitoring than my ob doctor.

Well, I cancelled my beta today and am offically on cd 1. The nurse scheduled me to consult with the re on Wednesday. She made me feel worse about this whole thing by telling how great I responded this last time and how she could believe it didn't work . Wow, I feel like I have been punched in the tummy.

So, dh and I need to think about doing ivf in April and possibly squeezing in another iui. I'll know more on Wed.

Hoping everyone is doing great!
#80 of 96 Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Seedlings, sorry about the bad news and that it was delivered so poorly. It's amazing how much the attitude of a Dr/Nurse/etc can impact us in these stressful times. I've had my share of very good and very bad.

I am seeing an RE. We're working with a fertility clinic here in town at one of the hospitals. And I've got a decent doctor, a great acupuncturist and an awesome Naturopath, so I'm fairly well stocked for info. Though it always feels like after I leave an appointment a dozen more questions pop into my mind that I forgot to ask!
#81 of 96 Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

everyone

Hope your all doing well today. We got more snow last night :.

Has anyone had an immune work up done? I am just wondering about it and would love some insight.

Thanks.
#82 of 96 Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 PM

My DH has not had a low sperm count in the past, but for this IUI, it was very low -- 1.2 million before washing, and less than half a million after washing. We had DTD Monday night, and this was Wednesday morning. Very strange. We went ahead and BD'd on Wednesday night to try to increase our chances, but I have no idea what's going on with him. This has never been a problem but he's now 43.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#83 of 96 Old 03-15-2008, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Help, I am feeling weak :.

Confession - I want to poas just to see the bfp. I do not know why. For goodness sakes I know it has nothing to do with being pg but the hcg will show a bfp.

Ugh- I better find something to do my beta is not until Friday.
#84 of 96 Old 03-15-2008, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
My DH has not had a low sperm count in the past, but for this IUI, it was very low -- 1.2 million before washing, and less than half a million after washing. We had DTD Monday night, and this was Wednesday morning. Very strange. We went ahead and BD'd on Wednesday night to try to increase our chances, but I have no idea what's going on with him. This has never been a problem but he's now 43.
Sorry to hear the low counts. Has your dh had a sperm analysis recently?

Thought this was interesting
http://http://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm

#85 of 96 Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM

I thought I would try to revive this thread!

I just had my 2nd IUI today (First for this cycle with a second one tomorrow) I'm a little worried about the timing... 24 hours and 44 hours. I had 6 follicles this month so I am really hopeful! How is everyone else doing???

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#86 of 96 Old 03-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Wow, Aly, very exciting! I'll cross my fingers for you!
#87 of 96 Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM

Aly, that's wonderful! I hope the iui's work for you!!!

I have my follie scan tomorrow am. I'm hoping that I can trigger this weekend and do the iui on Monday morning, but I'm not planning on anything until I see fat follies. Last few cycles have been duds, unfortunately. I increased my femara dose this time, so we'll see if it did the trick!!
#88 of 96 Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
Aly, that's wonderful! I hope the iui's work for you!!!

I have my follie scan tomorrow am. I'm hoping that I can trigger this weekend and do the iui on Monday morning, but I'm not planning on anything until I see fat follies. Last few cycles have been duds, unfortunately. I increased my femara dose this time, so we'll see if it did the trick!!
Oh, good luck. I must say I really think follicle u/s are one of my favorite days of the cycle (we that is as long as they go my way ) Last cycle I did Femara and didnt get any mature follies until cd 18 and then I only had ONE. I was so depressed, bc femara made me CRAZY!!! This time we went back to clomid, which oddly gives me NO s/e . I really hope uping your dose did the trick this cycle!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#89 of 96 Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Oh, good luck. I must say I really think follicle u/s are one of my favorite days of the cycle (we that is as long as they go my way ) Last cycle I did Femara and didnt get any mature follies until cd 18 and then I only had ONE. I was so depressed, bc femara made me CRAZY!!! This time we went back to clomid, which oddly gives me NO s/e . I really hope uping your dose did the trick this cycle!!
That's funny! Clomid made me crazy, and I didn't get any follies, but I have responded to femara in the past, and I don't have any s/e from it. Not sure why nothing's worked recently, though. I guess we'll see in the morning!!
#90 of 96 Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
That's funny! Clomid made me crazy, and I didn't get any follies, but I have responded to femara in the past, and I don't have any s/e from it. Not sure why nothing's worked recently, though. I guess we'll see in the morning!!
Oh I really hope it works for you!!! Good Luck!! Humm...we need an egg smilie HAHAHA...Lets see... Wait, we have a hyena and hamster smilie but no egg??

Good Luck, maybe you will have beautiful mature eggs tomorrow and we can be in the 2ww together!! I need some company

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page