Anyone doing an IUI? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 96 Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I should be starting my Follistim shots tonight. I am just waiting to hear from the doctor to say that everything is ok. The Follistim is chilling in the fridge. I'd rather it be champange in there but Follistim will do. As long as I get a

It is hard to believe that after all the docotor visits and tests that were finally doing an IUI. I am praying that this works.

My dh and I have been trying for over a year. It turns out I am not ovulating. My progesterone was 3.26 and my thyroid (tsh) was 3.22 so I am on meds for that.

Let me know how you are doing!
#2 of 96 Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 PM

Hey there -

We will be doing another IUI with 100 mg Clomid in February...just have to wait for one complete cycle (I had a miscarriage on Christmas day.)

IUIs are fantastic and it worked the first time around for us. Unfortunately, I had a blighted ovum - no fault of the IUI though.

Good luck!

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#3 of 96 Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss .

Please let me know how your cycle is going. Are you seeing an RE? How long have you been trying?

Well, I got the ok to start my Follistim. Dh did the shot and it went well .
#4 of 96 Old 01-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Thanks for your kind words.

I do see an RE. I began seeing one in September. I have a documented luteal phase defect which was remedied by Prometrium when I was pregnant with DS. It didn't do it's job this time around, so I started taking Clomid. Did 3 rounds (2 at 50 mg and 1 at 100 mg.) I pushed for the IUI for the November/December cycle and they agreed with me - I got pregnant, but miscarried at about 5 weeks. We've been trying for 6 cycles.

We have to wait one cycle and then we can schedule an IUI for February. This cycle is completely wonky - my BBTs are still sky-high. It's likely residual hCG still in my blood (on Monday, my level was 22...not pregnant is 5.) Hopefully, I'll O and then we await AF (which should come 7-9 days after O since I'm not supplementing with progesterone.)

Good luck with the Follistim! What CD are you on?

#5 of 96 Old 01-11-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

I am on cd 5. It seems like it is going fast. I suppose it has something to do with all the visits to the re and the shots.

We did two cycles on clomid. Even on 100 mg I did not ovulate. So I am hoping and : the follistim, hcg shot and iui do the trick. So far I do not feel any different from the shots. Strangely I didn't feel different after the clomid either .

February will be here so quickly for your iui. Will you be Oing soon (in a week or so)? Are you overwhelmed by all of the monitoring by the re?

I hope this happens quickly (even though it has already been a year !). I wish I was one to get pg easily but it takes us forever !
#6 of 96 Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 PM

good luck...it took us 5 months of clomid and follistim and 3 IUI to get pregnant. Follistim is so pricey but its worth to me!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#7 of 96 Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 PM

I hope Follistim does the trick for you!: Clomid is an absolute nightmare for me - I am irritable, edgy, and cry at everything. I hate it! So glad to hear you aren't having any wonky side effects from Follistim.

I think I should be O'ing within the next few days based on my drop in BBT and CM. After that, I should start AF within 9 days...so, hopefully we'll be on track for an early Feb IUI!

#8 of 96 Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Scalpel -

I am just courious, how much follisitm were you on? Currently I am on 150. Just wondering what the varience is between people .

Liamsmommy -

Hope your cycle is on track. Are you trying this month?

Well, I see the re early tomorrow for blood work and an ultrasound .

#9 of 96 Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Hey girls -

So far, cycle is not on track. I thought I'd ovulate on Saturday...but no signs. Eh. I guess I should have expected a funky cycle after a miscarriage.

We haven't been cleared to try this cycle since I miscarried about 3 weeks ago and I still have hCG in my blood...last Monday it was 22...just had a redraw this morning so I'm waiting for the results. My RE told me I can still O with a bit of hCG in my system, so we're hopeful that I'll O soon and we can get this show on the road.

Seedlings - update us on your u/s and bloodwork results. What are they testing for?

#10 of 96 Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi,

I am back from my appointment and I have 11 mm and 12 mm dominate follicles and a bunch under 10 mm. Which sounds good to me . I was worried about over stimulation and cysts. So far I am doing ok on the injections .

The bloodwork should be to check my hormone levels. I even go back on Wednesday for another ultrasound and bloodwork.

: that you O soon!

#11 of 96 Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 PM

well I'll probably be joining the IUI club this cycle. Just got DH SA back and it's not so good. Nurse on the phone said they'd probably suggest an IUI. I have an appt. today with the RE to do the follicle screening and talk about when they'll do the HCG trigger shot, and IUI.

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#12 of 96 Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM

o.k. I had the RE appt today and the follicle screening. There were 5 that were good sized, he said. Three on the right and 2 on the left. He thought the results of my last blood test were odd, though. They did a blood test on day 10, the day after my last round of clomid. It showed an LH surge, but he said the follicles didn't look like I'd already ovulated (and I started having some ovulation pain yesterday and today).

So we're supposed to DTD tonight, and I'm supposed to continue doing myLH test strips (yesterday and today were both negative).

Then on Thursday, pending the LH strips aren't positive tomorrow or Thursday, I go into the dr. for another u/s, and if things look good then I'll get the HCG trigger shot.

Then Friday, DH and I will go in for the IUI.

IF, however, I get a positive LH surge before then, then we'll go in within 24 hours for the IUI.

I'm nervous, anxious, still a bit sad, etc. And on top of that, I'm having a root canal tomorrow...so I'm also nervous about being nervous, and adding more stress!!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#13 of 96 Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Greenflower ,

Sounds like your follicles are doing great!

How exciting that if all goes well your doing the iui on Friday. Have you been seeing your re long? What cd are you on? Sorry, so many questions I am just courious.

I will see my re tomorrow for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I am on cd9 so I should be doing my iui soon : too.

Hi Liamsmommy , Are you testing with opk strips? Just wondering if you have any lh surge lines. How are your bbt's?

#14 of 96 Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Hi Greenflower! Seriously, IUIs are a walk in the park...I had one last month (and it resulted in a pregnancy but we lost it due to a blighted ovum) and it was as easy as a pelvic exam. No big deal...no pain or discomfort whatsoever.

Seedlings - My BBTs are pretty much steady from between 97.7 to 98.0. No signs of O yet. I had a redraw to test hCG yesterday and somehow my levels went UP 2 points (from 22 to 24) from last week. Unbelievable. This is so frustrating. I'm not using OPKs this cycle because we use the Clearblue Easy Digital OPK and they only come 6 to a package and they are EXPENSIVE! Since we're not TTC this cycle, we didn't want to waste them, ya know?

I'd post a chart, but I have an unrelenting online stalker and that makes things quite difficult...and this is something I need to keep private at this point, KWIM? I've already had to cancel my FF account and reopen another one. Ugh.

Can't wait to hear about your LH surge and resultant IUIs!

#15 of 96 Old 01-16-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
Hi Greenflower ,

Sounds like your follicles are doing great!

How exciting that if all goes well your doing the iui on Friday. Have you been seeing your re long? What cd are you on? Sorry, so many questions I am just courious.
I like the questions

No, I've not been seeing the RE long. I've been to other doctors for issues relating to things similar, but I just started seeing this RE the end of November last year. I had a laparoscopy done with him in December and started clomid last week.

I'm on CD14 now (today being wednesday)

I'm excited about Friday, but I guess after stuff with my DHs SA results yesterday I'm so far from trying to get my hopes UP that I'm not feeling so hopeful about it. But it's not a long shot, I guess! It would be AMAZING if I got pregnant then!!

I'm sort of hoping I *don't* get an LH surge on my own today, or tomorrow morning, just because it will make it much more hectic as far as the IUI. We'll see!

Do any of you test your LH in the morning? my LH strips have instructions stating NOT to do it in the morning, so I hadn't been, but the doctor's office had a paper that said they wanted it to be done in the AM. So I'm doing both starting today.

My temp was low still, so that's good.

#16 of 96 Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Liamsmommy - Wow, I am so sorry about your stalker. That is so bad :. But it is a good reminder for all of us to be careful.

I buy opk's in bulk form an online site. They are so cheap. I have been too lazy to do bbt . That on top of everything else just does not get processed into my brain . But, I applaud all of those who do because it is a great way to track your cycle.

Greenflower - With my opk's I tested through out the day when I thought I would o. Since I was not seeing the surge I just kept testing to make sure I did not miss it. But it was recommended on mine to test in the am.

Well I went in for my bloodwork and ultrasound. There are 2 18 mm follicles . The doc called this afternoon and based on their size and my bloodwork I do the hcg trigger tonight . Then I do the iui on Friday . So Greenflower I will be : for us on Friday.

#17 of 96 Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Greenflower - With my opk's I tested through out the day when I thought I would o. Since I was not seeing the surge I just kept testing to make sure I did not miss it. But it was recommended on mine to test in the am.

Well I went in for my bloodwork and ultrasound. There are 2 18 mm follicles . The doc called this afternoon and based on their size and my bloodwork I do the hcg trigger tonight . Then I do the iui on Friday . So Greenflower I will be : for us on Friday.

sounds good! I'm praying things will work out!I'm nervous, still, about the timing. I don't want to get a true positive opk test tomorrow and have messed up timing. I'll see what my temp is tomorrow am when DH checks it.

Yesterday, Tuesday, I had two follicles that were 14, and about three that were 12s. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be at least 18, hopefully bigger.

Nervous about the HCG, but I know it's just one shot and it will be over and done with tomorrow. I'm so anxious about the IUI! Hope it works! How soon after the IUI can we find out if we're pregnant? Do we have to wait the full two weeks?

#18 of 96 Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
The doc called this afternoon and based on their size and my bloodwork I do the hcg trigger tonight
So, Seedlings...I'm anxious to know! How was the shot?? I know it will be a bit different because the nurse/dr. is doing mine today, so I don't have to do it myself (and DH is grateful he doesn't have to do it either!), but how was the shot??

#19 of 96 Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Greenflower - Honestly, my butt is sore today. The nurse explained to me how to do the shot and dh watched a video. For mine we had to mix it up and change needles. Not as easy as follistim but do able. Your lucky your doc is doing it!

But, when I got my box of meds from the pharmacy it was all packed on ice. I knew the follistim needed to be refrigerated and I thought I read on the instructions that the HCG needed it too. So for over a week its been in the fridge. Well last night my brain is working and only reconstituted HCG is refridgerated . I was certain I damaged the hcg but I called the doc and she siad it was fine :. Mistakes like these are why I am overwhelmed by bbt's.

I'll bbl
#20 of 96 Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Greenflower - Honestly, my butt is sore today. The nurse explained to me how to do the shot and dh watched a video. For mine we had to mix it up and change needles. Not as easy as follistim but do able. Your lucky your doc is doing it!

But, when I got my box of meds from the pharmacy it was all packed on ice. I knew the follistim needed to be refrigerated and I thought I read on the instructions that the HCG needed it too. So for over a week its been in the fridge. Well last night my brain is working and only reconstituted HCG is refridgerated . I was certain I damaged the hcg but I called the doc and she siad it was fine :. Mistakes like these are why I am overwhelmed by bbt's.

I'll bbl
did it take long to actually administer the contents of the shot, or was it really quick? so nervous!

#21 of 96 Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM

oh, and my temp was still low this am, so I'm feeling good about not ovulating too early (and have messed up IUI timing). My appt. for the follicle scan and hcg shot is 2:00 today. I'm hoping and praying that the follicles are bigger. The dr. I saw Tuesday said that on a clomid cycle he likes to see them between 20 and 22 when they do the trigger shot.

#22 of 96 Old 01-17-2008, 06:07 PM

ok...just got back from drs office.

biggest follicle was 18mm, next two were around 16 so no hcg shot today (no iui tomorrow either). So DH has to give me the shot Sat. night...ehck! IUI scheduled for Monday...

#23 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Liamsmommy - How are your temps? Any sign of oing?

Greenflower - Your follicles are growing great. With all that we had to do and our double checking things the shot took at least 15 minutes . I really did not want to mess things up.

Well 10:30 is my iui .

#24 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Greenflower - Your follicles are growing great. With all that we had to do and our double checking things the shot took at least 15 minutes . I really did not want to mess things up.

Well 10:30 is my iui .

I hope everything works out for you, Seedlings! My temp was still low this am. According to what my cycles usually run (around 33 days) I really wouldn't even ovulate till around next Monday anyway.

My only concern is if I do get an LH surge tomorrow. When I was at the RE dr yesterday, they said if I got an LH surge tomorrow (Saturday) that we would still go with the plan of the HCG shot Sat. night, and the IUI Monday morning.

BUT, if I get an LH surge Saturday, isn't an IUI on Monday too late???

#25 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 PM

Hey girls -

I finally got a temp rise on Wednesday and FF puts me at 3 DPO! Woo-hoo! I'm about 7 days away from my next Clomid cycle and IUI. We are absolutely thrilled.

GL on your IUIs this weekend! Greenflower: If you O on Saturday, Monday would definitely be too late. The egg(s) only live for 24 hours. See if they can take you that day if they don't have office hours on Sunday.

#26 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
Hey girls -

I finally got a temp rise on Wednesday and FF puts me at 3 DPO! Woo-hoo! I'm about 7 days away from my next Clomid cycle and IUI. We are absolutely thrilled.

GL on your IUIs this weekend! Greenflower: If you O on Saturday, Monday would definitely be too late. The egg(s) only live for 24 hours. See if they can take you that day if they don't have office hours on Sunday.
see, that's what I figured, too, but when I asked the np she said it wasn't a problem at all because the HCG shot "enhances" ovulation (to which I thought, yeah, duh, that's what I'm saying!)

#27 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Seedlings: looking forward to hearing how it went!

I ended up getting a positive opk test this afternoon and the dr. told me to do the HCG asap and IUI tomorrow. I just *gave myself the shot*!!!! I am SUCH a baby about needles, so this is HUGE!

Shows what you will push through for a baby! lol

#28 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Greenflower - That is great news that everything is set for tomorrow. I am super impressed that you did the hcg shot . Has your butt started to hurt? Mine was so painful 12 hours later. I agree with you about what we'll do for a baby. That is exactly what I was thinking today. Good luck with your iui tomorrow .

Liamsmommy - So exciting that you'll be starting clomid! Do you know what dose you'll be on?

My iui today went great. We have a little bit of male factor infertility. But his sample was great! Well, I did rest for 15 minutes at the docs afterwards. Then I came home and rested pretty much the whole day! Sure it might not of been necessary but it did me a world of good . Dh was home so I did not feel so bad about doing nothing and he understood. Hope you are all relaxing. Tomorrow it is going to be soo cooooold here.

#29 of 96 Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Greenflower - That is great news that everything is set for tomorrow. I am super impressed that you did the hcg shot . Has your butt started to hurt? Mine was so painful 12 hours later. I agree with you about what we'll do for a baby. That is exactly what I was thinking today. Good luck with your iui tomorrow .
thanks! I'm nervous, excited, hopeful...praying things work out! My butt didn't hurt right after, but within a couple hours it started a bit. I was really surprised that it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. Once the needle ets through that first layer of skin, I didn't feel a thing when it was going through the rest of the way. DH told me it would be like that but I didn't believe him, lol

#30 of 96 Old 01-19-2008, 02:46 PM

o.k., so we're back from the IUI and I was looking at some stuff online and am getting really nervous about the timing of our IUI! Everything I read said absolute minimum of 24 hrs after LH surge, and many time 48-36 hrs after trigger shot. I got a positive LH surge yesterday and had the IUI done around 9:30 this morning. I really hope it didn't mess up our timing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page