When do you feel "side effects" of HCG trigger shot? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did the trigger shot last Friday, so a week ago exactly. I hadn't experienced any symptoms from it at all. The past 2-3 days I've felt so weepy, needy, clingy, etc., and wondered if (hoped?!) it was from the trigger shot? Would it be too late to experience "symptoms" from it?

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 PM

I've only every had the shot once, but i never felt any s/e. The shot site was very sore, because it was intramuscular instead of subcutaneous, but that was all. I think I was more crampy from the IUI than anything else.
#3 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

see that's the thing that's weird to me, too. I didn't have any pain after I gave myself the shot! I know I did it in the right spot, and went all the way in...I had a diagram and everything! I had a little bit if sharp pains within an hour of the shot, but nothing later, the next day, etc.

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#4 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 PM

I've had two shots so far and both times I never really noticed any symptoms although I have heard that it can cause prego-like symptoms

-Rachel

#5 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 02:48 PM

If you were giving yourself the shot, it was probably subcutaneous, which maybe why it's not sore? I didn't notice if mine caused me to be more weepy, since I was already a basket case (sil called us 5 minutes after we left from having our iui to tell us she was pg, and yes she knew we were doing the iui....grrrr).
#6 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

subcutaneous? not sure. It was a pretty good sized needle, I know that much! lol. Looked like 6 inches to me but maybe that was just what it looked like to my imagination

#7 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
(sil called us 5 minutes after we left from having our iui to tell us she was pg, and yes she knew we were doing the iui....grrrr).
wow! how mean! I found out my sil was pregnant less than 24 hrs before I found out about my dhs SA results. They weren't even TRYING to get pregnant! My other SIL just had her baby in December and she and my bro. were trying to get pregnant. Both times they got pregnant they planned the *exact month* they wanted to get pregnant in, or they would wait until the next year (she wanted Christmas off, so she planned a baby that would be due in time for her to have christmas off)...yes, they got pregnant in the *exact month* (first try) they wanted to!

#8 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
(sil called us 5 minutes after we left from having our iui to tell us she was pg, and yes she knew we were doing the iui....grrrr).
"grrrr" is right! Sorry about that.
#9 of 12 Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
wow! how mean! I found out my sil was pregnant less than 24 hrs before I found out about my dhs SA results. They weren't even TRYING to get pregnant! My other SIL just had her baby in December and she and my bro. were trying to get pregnant. Both times they got pregnant they planned the *exact month* they wanted to get pregnant in, or they would wait until the next year (she wanted Christmas off, so she planned a baby that would be due in time for her to have christmas off)...yes, they got pregnant in the *exact month* (first try) they wanted to!
Ugh. I'm so sorry! What rotten timing to find out about sil.
#10 of 12 Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM

After my partner received this shot she received almost an instant headache.

Also she has felt nacious to her tummy for the past few days after receiving this shot.

I just keep telling her maybe this will be what our next 9 months are like We had our first IUI done today after the shot on Wednesday and 50 mg of Clomid from cd5-9 so now were waiting to see if we made a
#11 of 12 Old 04-19-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstapp View Post
After my partner received this shot she received almost an instant headache.

Also she has felt nacious to her tummy for the past few days after receiving this shot.

I just keep telling her maybe this will be what our next 9 months are like We had our first IUI done today after the shot on Wednesday and 50 mg of Clomid from cd5-9 so now were waiting to see if we made a
Many sticky wishes to the prev poster!

I just wanted to add that I have had the HCG trigger shot 2 or 3 times and never felt any side effects. I don't want to give you false hope but I am very sensitive to all drugs and usually feel side effects but we are all different.

Best wishes to all!
#12 of 12 Old 04-20-2008, 01:48 AM

Every time I get the shot I wind up with pregnancy symptoms, from about 3 days out until AF shows up (about 2 weeks). Morning nausea, tender breasts, emotional upheaval, the whole 9 yards.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page