how long did HCG hormone stay after trigger shot??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought tests at Dollar Tree (supposed to be good ones...?) Took it just now and there is a positive...faint, but def. not an evap line, etc.

I had another brand of test that I took yesterday and the day before (I was taking tests early because I read that you should take pg test everyday after trigger shot to see when it gets out of your system, so that when you get a positive result, you know it's from a baby, not the shot...ie, you take test until you get a nge. then when you get a positive again you know it's a real positive)

The other brand of tests I took yesterday and the day before yesterday both came out negative. I'm 7dpo right now, and 9days post trigger shot. Could this be a real positive, or would it still be from the trigger shot???

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
I just bought tests at Dollar Tree (supposed to be good ones...?) Took it just now and there is a positive...faint, but def. not an evap line, etc.

I had another brand of test that I took yesterday and the day before (I was taking tests early because I read that you should take pg test everyday after trigger shot to see when it gets out of your system, so that when you get a positive result, you know it's from a baby, not the shot...ie, you take test until you get a nge. then when you get a positive again you know it's a real positive)

The other brand of tests I took yesterday and the day before yesterday both came out negative. I'm 7dpo right now, and 9days post trigger shot. Could this be a real positive, or would it still be from the trigger shot???
The rule of thumb is 1,000 units per day but this varies from woman to woman depending on how she metabolizes the hcg. How much hcg was your trigger shot? 5K or 10K or more? I hope it's a real + but it's sorta hard to say for sure since you changed brands and they have different levels of sensitivity. For example, if the brands you used that registered a neg have 50 or 100 units as a level of sensitivity then the one you used today has a sensitivity level of 20 units, then ... it's hard to say. Perhaps you can check the brands to see.

Good luck!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

ugh...that sooo does not help!

Apparently the dollar store ones are a dollar for a reason. The ONLY thing it has are the instructions on HOW to do the test, and that's printed on the side of the box. There doesn't appear to be a single other piece of info inside or outside the box. And the ones I got online don't seem to have any info, either. The website only says that it tests very low concentrations of HCG...not an actual number, though.

I will say, though, that when I did the OPK tests of the same brand (brand I got online), they weren't very good. I ended up buying CVS digital tests because the OPK test actually showed a broken faint line, when the digital test showed clea positive. SOoo..it could just be that it's a crappy brand...?

When they say to count 10 days after the shot, are you supposed to count the first day??? This would be mega important for my test results tomorrow!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
Old 01-27-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

also, as far as HOW much, I honestly don't know. I threw away the box, but will see if I have the little pharmacy strip still. If it helps to know, it was 1cc of the mixture. I put 1cc of the liquid into the powder, sucked 1cc of it back into the syringe and that's what I gave myself.

does that help?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

o.k. I found my pharmacy slip. It says 10,000. So if you count the day you got the shot (I took it at 3pm), then today would be day 10, making tomorrow day 11. If you DON'T count the day you take the shot, then today is day 9, and tomorrow is day 10. BUT, i was also reading online that some women have it stay in their systems for 14+ days! But then of course others have it only stay for 8 days. UGH!

Old 01-28-2008, 04:12 AM

Go to www.peeonastick.com to see if that helps you figure out how sensitive your hpts are. I've heard the dollar store ones are fairly sensitive. I'm a POAS addict and... with my last IVF cycles I ordered my hpts in lots of 50 online so that they would all be the same lot number from the same manufacturer.

How long it takes the hcg to leave can vary widely so there are no easy answers. I'm sorry! BUT, you're close to getting a definitive answer and I hope it's a ++ for ya! With my first IVF cycle my RE did a BOOSTER hcg shot at transfer so I had to wait that much longer for it to clear my system and couldn't get a beta until 15dp transfer. Fortunately for my sanity, I wasn't an hpt addict then.

Hang in there and ++ vibes.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 AM

This is why I prefer to test every day until I know the trigger is gone. When we ttc#3 the shot was out of my system by 8dpo which was 9dptrigger. And I got a bfp on 11dpo.

I'd wait a couple of days and retest. Or you could call your doc/mw and have them do a beta series which will tell if your level is rising or dropping.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

see, I didn't know about the testing everyday thing until about 5 days ago. I got two positives, two days in a row, then I think I skipped a day, then got what appeared to be two negatives, two days in a row, then took the dollar tree test yesterday and got a positive, but once I dug out the old, supposedly negative test, it actually showed positive. So I don't know if I threw it away too early or if it really was negative. oi!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandK View Post
Or you could call your doc/mw and have them do a beta series which will tell if your level is rising or dropping.
yeah, but they told me to wait until friday to test, so they'd porbably just say the same thing if I called them. plus by the time the test resutls came back, wouldn't it be thursday or friday, anyway? i know I just need to be patient and wait. yeah right!

User Tag List