The March 2008 Infertility ONE Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 248 Old 03-07-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannineb View Post

Hi, can I join? I have just posted an intro thread on the board and I thought I'd come over here and put myself on the *ONE thread*...

So you can read my whole intro over there, but for now I am...

jeannineb TTC #2 no official diagnosis (well, except secondary infertility!) with our first appointment April 9th. Trying not to stress out and hoping for a short stay here!
I added you to the list, let me know if there's anything else you would like put in your "synopsis" and welcome!
#122 of 248 Old 03-07-2008, 09:59 PM

Hi to everyone and welcome!

Hope your all enjoying the weekend.

Well I got the go ahead for my hcg trigger at tonight. The first time dh did it my butt hurt forever. Then the second time was pretty much painless. Hopefully tonight's shot will be no poblem. My iui will be on Sunday . For my follicles I have 2 20's, a 19 and a bunch of other smaller ones. Thus they are almost identical in size to last months but now if i could just get a bfp :.

Crazyrunningmamma -
#123 of 248 Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

: Good luck with your trigger and IUI, Seedlings! :
#124 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 05:29 AM

Thanks for adding me, I will update my info as soon as I find out.

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

#125 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Hi, I'd love to join this thread of supportive women...
I am 38 and could say been ttc #1 for 6 or 7 years??? But not all of that continuous and the early part of that with ex-H who was never fully interested or committed (in more ways than one!) Started charting ~2001 or 02, and shortly after that, I underwent a sudden weight loss via protein diet, subsequently LOSING my period for almost 2 years. (no T rise in all that time, so no O.) Saw RE on 2 occasions in those early days: 1st got some tests and they said all hormones were OK, but I can't remember if they tested everything-- I do recall my boobs got squeezed, and that I went in more than once. Gave me progesterone Rx, and AF barely returned for one cycle only. 2nd RE, had an U/S; tech told me my endometrium was thin, tho official report was "fine." (Wasn't menstruating during this time.) Lots of brown rice, and oh yeah acupuncture, began to normalize my cycles, and within that healing time (before AF came back regularly), split with XH. Whew!
Been with man of my dreams 3 years, TTC almost 2. Acupuncture & herbs from TCM who, in my limited-availability small town in the beautiful boonies, admits doesn't know Jack (OR Jill) about fertility. She was adjusting herbs based on my T-charts from a textbook, but I had little faith in my T-data because I'd wake up frequently in the night... After 10 mos I left her and stopped T-charting, just observing my cervix instead (very little CM to chart). Have to say I gained health and personal awareness w/ TCM, but no pg.

So that's me. Thanks for listening Been away from TCM for 4-5 mos. I watch my diet carefully, watch my pollutants and stress level too; started vitex 2 cycles ago (in 2ww now but DH and I missed our best O-day due to travel -- vitex has made my O earlier and my LP longer); just learned about full-fat dairy and so have cut out all reduced-fat AND pasteurized (I'll be getting a friend's fresh goat milk in another week when the (goat) kids are weaned); am considering evening primrose oil for my CM; currently use Pre-Seed each DTD at O-time, and take mucinex pills during follicular phase (instead of Robitussin, which has H-F corn syrup and artificial colors); use progesterone cream during LP; have wicked awful cramps during AF but am cutting out the drugs cuz of bad reps w/ NSAIDs & IF; do yoga poses to increase circulation to ab/pelvic organs; and give my DH herbs & vities (his SA was good but on the lower end of good-- Saw Palmetto w/ Pygeum, Korean ginseng, zinc [not too much], vit C, good-Omega oils & a great multivit) & try to keep him out of the hot tub. Thought I'd pick up T-charting again but on 2nd thru 4th nights of it, woke up alot! (Was sleeping great til that.)

DH and I are giving ourselves several more months of chillin' and tryin', without clinical input. There is no RE less than 4 hours' drive away from us, and I wonder what I could get the OB/GYN to do, in terms of analyses.

I too have many friends w/ kids, & friends who are PG, and in all of their own excitement we get asked all the time by them & by neighbors when we're going to have kids. A few friends know we're trying, and they hold back from asking if I'm pg yet, but I can see them holding back (they used to not). Some even then ask how how old I am (38) and then (seems to me) have some sort of judgment for not "going to a dr & getting it taken care of" yet. I love the previous discussions about perceptions of normalcy. We are all making a loving effort, and it requires that we pay attention to details. That's a normal part of the process, and the inevitable self-awareness that comes from it is an unexpected gift.
#126 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 PM

HOLY #$^&(!

Did you know that pregnancy tests have two lines? Did you know the second line actually appears?

this morning at 12dpo.

Shocked doesn't even begin to describe it. I keep looking at the test- its still positive. My dh can even see it.

We were done. This was our last cycle, which is why I haven't been around much. When AF came, we were going to throw out the meds, the thermometer, and just go on with our lives.

I'll be calling for a beta series and progesterone on Monday, and will have an early u/s as well. Feeling a very strong sense of disbelief right now.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#127 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Congratulations Stacymom!!

and

From one newbie to another, welcome Avocada.

Stacymom, happy to see you go...Avocada, sorry to see you come. Best wishes to both of you!

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

#128 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Avocada! I have some errands to run today, I will add you to the list later tonight!

: : : : : :
: CONGRATULATIONS STACYMOM!!!!!!!!! :

#129 of 248 Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM

I'd also like to join. I have a 19 year old son conceived naturally, and a 4 year old son conceived with Actos, Femara and PreSeed. This was after 16 months of Metformin, Clomid, Clomid/Repronex/Trigger Shot. We are now TTC #3 and have been for approximately 4 months. I am currently mid-cycle of Actos/Clomid (50mgs)/Naltrexone and PreSeed, and working with an RE. If no O, I hope to move on to Femara, and then to Gonal-F if not successful.

I have PCOS, but hate the s/es of Met, so I take Actos instead. I am also on B6 for my Luteal Phase, and on Prenatals w/ extra Folic Acid. I also drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to help with my uterine lining.

Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/110c0/ttc.png

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#130 of 248 Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
HOLY #$^&(!

Did you know that pregnancy tests have two lines? Did you know the second line actually appears?

this morning at 12dpo.

Shocked doesn't even begin to describe it. I keep looking at the test- its still positive. My dh can even see it.

We were done. This was our last cycle, which is why I haven't been around much. When AF came, we were going to throw out the meds, the thermometer, and just go on with our lives.

I'll be calling for a beta series and progesterone on Monday, and will have an early u/s as well. Feeling a very strong sense of disbelief right now.

Congratulations Staceymom!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#131 of 248 Old 03-09-2008, 11:17 AM

Congratulations Stacymom! That's wonderful! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth.

Welcome to jeannineb and Avocada and NishaG! I hope you find support here and quickly graduate

Seedlings, have you gone for your IUI yet? It's today, right? Let us know how it goes!!! I hope it goes smoothly and conceivably! (probably not the correct use of the word, but how else can you say it!?) Good luck

We sent in all our paperwork to our REI clinic on Friday... once they get it, they can move us up if there is a cancellation. I hope there are lots of people who get pregnant around here so they don't need their appointments! Actually, I hope I get pregnant and don't need my appointment, but I don't really think that's going to happen. Our timing was good this cycle, I think, but we didn't DTD enough, I think. I was trying to have us do every other day, since DH's spermies are low in numbers, but I ovulated early so we only dtd twice... my CBEFM went from low to peak with no high days in between, so we didn't get much warning! My cm is no help, since I am just dry up there on my cervix

Happy day-light savings time everyone! I hope it feels like spring where you all are :
#132 of 248 Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM

: CONGRATULATIONS STACYMOM!!!!!!!!! :

Yeah, I steal smilie parades.....

Really though, Congratulations Stacy!!! I wish you the healthiest and happiest of nine months and a kick a$$ birth!!! You so deserve this!!!!

Also, I'm emploring every new mama after 12+ months of ttc to please start a special thread for us in the I'm Pregnant section for those of us who have taken longer to conceive. It's a great support for us who have battled infertility and also just simply took a long time to conceive to have other women who have "been there". I'll even volunteer to be threadkeeper my first month of being there (that is after DH and I get pregnant, and we WILL!!!)

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#133 of 248 Old 03-09-2008, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, NishaG! I added you to the list-- the link you gave for your chart only goes to the ticker, not the chart, was this intentional? If it was, let me know and I will add that link to your synopsis. If not, let me know the URL for your chart and I will link that. Thank you!

Kemi I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Smiley Parade Theft is a serious Cyber-Crime that affects millions of smilies every year. I can't believe you would use your ability to copy and paste to abuse smilies in this way. It's shocking and sad. I am shocked and sad.

:
#134 of 248 Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post

Kemi I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Smiley Parade Theft is a serious Cyber-Crime that affects millions of smilies every year. I can't believe you would use your ability to copy and paste to abuse smilies in this way. It's shocking and sad. I am shocked and sad.

:
laughuplaughuplaughup: laugh:::::boun cy:

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#135 of 248 Old 03-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Could you please add me?

My name is Jen, we have been TTC living child #4 since Nov 2005. I have had three losses, two in the 1st tri (12/05, 1/08) and one second trimester loss (10/07). Right now I am trying acupuncture, mayan massage and meditation.

Thanks!

Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#136 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 AM

Hi Jen! Welcome to the group... I just joined too.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#137 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Welcome, NishaG! I added you to the list-- the link you gave for your chart only goes to the ticker, not the chart, was this intentional? If it was, let me know and I will add that link to your synopsis. If not, let me know the URL for your chart and I will link that. Thank you!
I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional. Is this it? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/110c0

Let me know if it doesn't work.

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#138 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:

:
laughup: That was just too funny. Really I didn't have the time to do a smilie parade and I saw that yours was just too cute so I just had to repeat...I guess the cops are on their way to haul me off for smilie piracy....

If it's any consolation I brought you flowers....:

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#139 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftworedheads View Post
Could you please add me?

My name is Jen, we have been TTC living child #4 since Nov 2005. I have had three losses, two in the 1st tri (12/05, 1/08) and one second trimester loss (10/07). Right now I am trying acupuncture, mayan massage and meditation.

Thanks!

Jen
Welcome, Jen! I added you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishaG View Post
I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional. Is this it? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/110c0

Let me know if it doesn't work.
No need to be sorry, I just wanted to make sure I was linking what you wanted linked .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
laughup: That was just too funny. Really I didn't have the time to do a smilie parade a
nd I saw that yours was just too cute so I just had to repeat...I guess the cops are on their way to haul me off for smilie piracy....

If it's any consolation I brought you flowers....:
Flattery and flowers will get you everywhere with me .
#140 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 PM

WOW!! I miss a couple of days and I miss a LOT!!!

Congrats StacyMom... Welcome newbies!!!

As for me... still no AF, but a negative HPT (CD35) so called my RE for a Rx for provera... started taking it today.

So, I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate this cycle, so why does it still hurt so bad to get a BFN?? And at the same time I'm frustrated about AF not showing... I guess I'm just ready to move on to the next cycle... I got my injectables in on Friday and they are just sitting in my fridge waiting on AF to show so I can start jab'n a needle in my belly... lol....

Oh well, I guess it will get here soon enough.... and to be honest, I'm a bit scared of the needles... even the follistem pen's needle is a bit bigger than I expected... and the HCG came with these HUGE 22 gage needles!!!!!! EEK GATS!!!!! Definitely scared of that... but it will all be worth it if it works

Well, I'll try to do better about checking in... as a sympathy gift to myself, I bought a laptop today... so I have much better access now...
#141 of 248 Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 PM

mermay - I can reassure you about the needles - I used to be a HUGE needle-phobe, but the Follistim needles really dont hurt at all - you barely feel them! The first night of my first shot DH and I were handing the needle back and forth all "You do it! No you do it!" Because I was so freaked out by it, and when I finally stuck it in, I barely felt a thing. If it helps, ice down your shot-spot with an ice cube to numb it a bit, then use the rubbing alcohol swab, then do the shot. I'm not gonna lie, the HCG shot is a bit more of a pinch, and you have to push harder to stick it in, but it really only hurts for a second. I promise you once you do it once, you'll be the same way I am, I promise you you'll barely feel the Follistim needles. The anticipation of them was far worse than the actual prick.
#142 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 AM

One more thing: Maybe you can add, if you have room that I had an ectopic pregnancy 16 years ago, so I only have 1 tube and ovary?

#143 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishaG View Post
One more thing: Maybe you can add, if you have room that I had an ectopic pregnancy 16 years ago, so I only have 1 tube and ovary?
Aye, aye, captain!
#144 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
mermay - I can reassure you about the needles - I used to be a HUGE needle-phobe, but the Follistim needles really dont hurt at all - you barely feel them! The first night of my first shot DH and I were handing the needle back and forth all "You do it! No you do it!" Because I was so freaked out by it, and when I finally stuck it in, I barely felt a thing. If it helps, ice down your shot-spot with an ice cube to numb it a bit, then use the rubbing alcohol swab, then do the shot. I'm not gonna lie, the HCG shot is a bit more of a pinch, and you have to push harder to stick it in, but it really only hurts for a second. I promise you once you do it once, you'll be the same way I am, I promise you you'll barely feel the Follistim needles. The anticipation of them was far worse than the actual prick.
ItyBty - thank you for the encouragement... I'm sure I'll feel the same way in the end... but for now I've had to hide all the "supplies" to keep from freaking myself out!!!

Well, today is day 2 of provera.... and the cramps have increased.... so who know when AF will actually show and I'll have the opportunity to jab myself w/a needle... lol...
#145 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 AM

So...can you ladies offer any tips to make the HCG shot better? Can you ice the site? Better to lay down or stand up? I'm assuming it was an IM shot (in the butt). Last time I had a SQ shot which I did in my thigh which wasn't bad. My dh is quite worried about having to give me that one.

For those taking Provera, it wasn't bad. In fact, while I had heavy AF afterwards (~8 days) I didn't have any bad cramping. I'm just glad my thick lining is all cleaned out and we can start fresh.

Right now, waiting on ins approval to order meds to start clomid.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#146 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM

For the HCG shot, I use my belly, same as with the Follistim. I don't bother icing first, but it is more of a pinch than the tinier Follistim/GonalF needles, so you do have to push a bit harder to get the needle in, and you may find that icing works for you. I just waltz into the kitchen, grab the shot from the fridge, make sure the air bubbles aren't in the needle, swab my belly with rubbing alcohol, and give myself the shot.
#147 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 PM

my dh gets faint and lightheaded at the mere THOUGHT of needles. There's no period sex around here because he gets weird and queasy around blood.

I hope the Clomid works, because I don't really know if he'll be up to the challenge of giving me shots.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#148 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
For the HCG shot, I use my belly, same as with the Follistim. I don't bother icing first, but it is more of a pinch than the tinier Follistim/GonalF needles, so you do have to push a bit harder to get the needle in, and you may find that icing works for you. I just waltz into the kitchen, grab the shot from the fridge, make sure the air bubbles aren't in the needle, swab my belly with rubbing alcohol, and give myself the shot.
Just out of curiosity, what is the brand name of your hcg shot? I used Ovidrel first time around (years ago) and it was like you describe and the shot was all ready prepared. This time I am getting Preganyl? and I'll have to do some chemistry lab with mixing liquid and powder then rolling to mix before drawining into the needle to inject. They didn't give any other possible locations beside the butt, which means dh has to do it. Hmm...maybe I should ask.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#149 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Hmm - I've been using Ovidril - which comes in a pre-filled syringe. I've never tried the mix-it-yourself kind. Is it better? cheaper? whats the difference?
#150 of 248 Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hmm - I've been using Ovidril - which comes in a pre-filled syringe. I've never tried the mix-it-yourself kind. Is it better? cheaper? whats the difference?
I don't know. The RE doesn't carry/use Ovidrel anymore so I've got the other kind. However, the ovidrel did work to conceive my dd.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page