The March 2008 Infertility ONE Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I'm feeling totally crazy this cycle. I had period cramps Sunday night, and some bright red spotting, but I havent had any spotting since, and 2 BFNs. I'm not getting all excited though because I had weird spotting in Oct too - I had a day of spotting, a day of nothing, a day of spotting, a day of nothing, and then bam! AF was there in force. I keep expecting to wake up to blood, or see blood on the TP.
That sounds totally infuriating. Like, stop being a tease already, right? I know you're coming sooner or later... I've had cycles like that too. :

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM

I know! I mean, stop screwing with me and show up already. Unless I am pregnant, and in which case, give me a sign, or I'm going to lose my marbles. :
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
I was just talking to dh about other people's pregnancies last night. I was saying that I'm mostly taking other people's pregnancies in stride. But there are definitely people where if they got pregnant it would be really hard on me, because of their specific relationship to me, or details about their personal lives, or whatever. Hopefully that won't happen, and it if does, I hope I have the grace to react well, at least to their face!
I completely understand where you are coming from. And of course it seems like every female in the world except for US, is pg. When my brother in law called to say they were pg, I was just crushed. Let me apologize before I even think this, let alone say it, but in my distraught mind they didn't deserve it. They have taken money from both of their sets of parents because they can't stop spending it and can't keep up with their debt. My MIL is still paying for his car insurance, and they have been married almost 3 years (less than us may I point out). They just were not at the right point in their lives when I looked at it. Then, to make things worse, we found out right after my FIL passed away, and when they were here for the funeral I watched her take her BCP... turns out they got pg on their FIRST TRY!!!! Even after her being on BCP for a number of years.... HELLO! They wanted to tell me themselves, and dh had to let them down and tell them that he would let me know... they didn't know about our IF at that point, so once I calmed down I told dh to call and explain so that I didn't look like a complete lunatic, only a partial one at least.

But, then I have this friend that had an eptopic for her first pg, and when they got pg it just didn't bother me. I truly felt happy, albeit a bit jealous.

But when is it OUR TURN???!!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM

: Augh! More spotting today and another BFN. Why can't the hag just SHOW UP and stop torturing me like this? I mean, at this point I'm pretty much assured she is coming, so SHOW UP! Stop screwing with me!!!!! :
Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Well, I'm a latecomer this month, but I feel like this is the place for me to be!

We've been TTC #2 since June 2007. The first was pretty quick and easy to concieve. We've been working with an RE since early Feb and got the "unexplained fertility" diagnosis. We are planning on starting with clomid/IUIs with my next cycle. In Feb my husband was also diagnosed with cancer and we just found out that he will need radiation therapy. We've been told we'll have to take a year off of TTC. As an alternative, we are trying to bank a few samples to use to continue on with our IUI plan before he starts treatment on 4/1.

6 months ago, we never thought we'd be facing an infertility diagnosis, let alone a cancer diagnosis on top. Thanks for letting me in!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Well, I'm a latecomer this month, but I feel like this is the place for me to be!

We've been TTC #2 since June 2007. The first was pretty quick and easy to concieve. We've been working with an RE since early Feb and got the "unexplained fertility" diagnosis. We are planning on starting with clomid/IUIs with my next cycle. In Feb my husband was also diagnosed with cancer and we just found out that he will need radiation therapy. We've been told we'll have to take a year off of TTC. As an alternative, we are trying to bank a few samples to use to continue on with our IUI plan before he starts treatment on 4/1.

6 months ago, we never thought we'd be facing an infertility diagnosis, let alone a cancer diagnosis on top. Thanks for letting me in!

Kim
: and to you, you've got a lot on your plate. Welcome, hope your stay on this board is short and sweet.

As for me...... I finally got a call back from the clinic today, they are sending me the recs for bloodwork etc. My dh is going to be soooooo unhappy that he has to go for all the tests again too. I just weaned March 5 and they want you to be not breastfeeding for at least a month, but there are some tests you have to take on specific days of your cycle, which is due, oh, around the exact one month mark. Having started this ball rolling, I hope the stars align and I don't have a to wait an extra month! Exciting, scary and I just don't know!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
: Augh! More spotting today and another BFN. Why can't the hag just SHOW UP and stop torturing me like this? I mean, at this point I'm pretty much assured she is coming, so SHOW UP! Stop screwing with me!!!!! :
Oh, ItyBty, that is just not fair or nice.

Quote:

Kim
Kim, welcome to the thread and I am so sorry to hear about your DH .

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
As for me...... I finally got a call back from the clinic today, they are sending me the recs for bloodwork etc. My dh is going to be soooooo unhappy that he has to go for all the tests again too. I just weaned March 5 and they want you to be not breastfeeding for at least a month, but there are some tests you have to take on specific days of your cycle, which is due, oh, around the exact one month mark. Having started this ball rolling, I hope the stars align and I don't have a to wait an extra month! Exciting, scary and I just don't know!
Timing-- that's one of the hardest parts of dealing with infertility, if things are so much as a day off, you have to wait another whole month. I hope the timing works out for you :.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
I went to visit my MIL yesterday and borrowed a big stack of Harlequin romances. I'm really hoping this helps put me in the mood for the "duty sex" this cycle. Dh was really surprised. He couldn't fathom my sudden interest in this genre.

omg that is so funny !
Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Wow that is really crazy. What cd are you on?

Do you think the injectables are effecting your cycle? With Follistim I start spotting a few days before I have full flow. Maybe if you just put on cute white pants and walked around a public place she would show (she's a bad one like that to me)
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:

Kim
, I am so sorry to hear about your infertility and dh's cancer. Welcome and we're here for you both.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
I hope it all works for you this month. Will your doctor start with a month of monitoring and then proceed to ivf? : all goes well.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 AM

Not sure, the last time I did it was such a blur. I would guess that if AF shows up April 4 or so I can get all my blood work done and meet with them in April, probably have to wait for AF again and do BCP for a month to get on "their" cycle, then suppression for ? no idea how long. So I guess I am looking at cycling in June? Is that right? Errrr.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:13 PM

Well I am finishing my last clomid pill today (hopefully forever) I LOVE when i finish taking the meds, I dont know why, but to me its like those 2 days after marathon bding during "O" week, where you just get to take a big breath and know you have done all you can do for the month. Well thats how I feel today.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 PM

*nods* Aly, I totally identify with the post-O no-more-bd feeling. And for me, ovulation seems like a huge accomplishment, since I do it so rarely.

I'm having such a hard time this week. I wish I knew for sure that I'd ovulate on the Clomid. Last cycle I O'd on CD 21. I had a super long LP, so I do think the Clomid had an effect, but CD 21 is pretty late to O on Clomid, even if it's early for me. I'm trying not to worry, but I do. I worry that I won't ovulate at all this cycle, or I'll run out of OPK's and miss ovulation. I have enough OPK's to last until CD 23 - should I order more? Or will I see a positive by then and I shouldn't waste my money? This is so awful. And it sounds so trivial when I write it out like this - why am I agonizing like this about $15? But so much hope rides on those little sticks...

I'm losing my mind.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 03-20-2008, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Kim
Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about everything going on. This is a good place, everyone here is so supportive, I have been very lucky since I found the site. Big Good luck on his sometimes heart renching, sometimes heart warming journey!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM

Ok, I figured I should ask on here. Does anyone eles get really umm...in the mood right our oing? Like three or four day after i get a +opk, but after my eggwhite type mucus is over im like all for it, and that is NOT normal for me.

And also, what does everyone think about exersizing while ttc? Im scared to do so, but im also scared to stop cuz I really injoy it and I am feeling better then I have in years.

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
I completely understand where you are coming from. And of course it seems like every female in the world except for US, is pg. When my brother in law called to say they were pg, I was just crushed. Let me apologize before I even think this, let alone say it, but in my distraught mind they didn't deserve it. They have taken money from both of their sets of parents because they can't stop spending it and can't keep up with their debt. My MIL is still paying for his car insurance, and they have been married almost 3 years (less than us may I point out). They just were not at the right point in their lives when I looked at it. Then, to make things worse, we found out right after my FIL passed away, and when they were here for the funeral I watched her take her BCP... turns out they got pg on their FIRST TRY!!!! Even after her being on BCP for a number of years.... HELLO! They wanted to tell me themselves, and dh had to let them down and tell them that he would let me know... they didn't know about our IF at that point, so once I calmed down I told dh to call and explain so that I didn't look like a complete lunatic, only a partial one at least.

But, then I have this friend that had an eptopic for her first pg, and when they got pg it just didn't bother me. I truly felt happy, albeit a bit jealous.

But when is it OUR TURN???!!!!
Yeah, I know this feeling. Right around out 3rd year of trying my 17 year old druggy cousin got preg. And within the 1st year o our trying my druggy stepbrother and his gf got preg also.

Quote:
Im so sorry

Quote:

Kim
Welcome to the club nobody wants to be in. I hope everything goes well with you hubbys treatment

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralee16 View Post
Ok, I figured I should ask on here. Does anyone eles get really umm...in the mood right our oing? Like three or four day after i get a +opk, but after my eggwhite type mucus is over im like all for it, and that is NOT normal for me.

And also, what does everyone think about exersizing while ttc? Im scared to do so, but im also scared to stop cuz I really injoy it and I am feeling better then I have in years.
I say just go with it - extra bd'ing is good for your relationship even if it's not useful for making babies.

Exercising is a good idea if your body is already used to it. If it isn't, ramp up slowly and don't overdo it.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
*nods* Aly, I totally identify with the post-O no-more-bd feeling. And for me, ovulation seems like a huge accomplishment, since I do it so rarely.

I'm having such a hard time this week. I wish I knew for sure that I'd ovulate on the Clomid. Last cycle I O'd on CD 21. I had a super long LP, so I do think the Clomid had an effect, but CD 21 is pretty late to O on Clomid, even if it's early for me. I'm trying not to worry, but I do. I worry that I won't ovulate at all this cycle, or I'll run out of OPK's and miss ovulation. I have enough OPK's to last until CD 23 - should I order more? Or will I see a positive by then and I shouldn't waste my money? This is so awful. And it sounds so trivial when I write it out like this - why am I agonizing like this about $15? But so much hope rides on those little sticks...

I'm losing my mind.
Have you asked for a trigger to make you ovulate?? Is your dr monitoring you via u/s to make sure you are producing mature follicles? I used to O on my own around cd 18 but only have an 10-11 day LP. So on 50mg of clomid my follicles are mature on cd 12, and they give me a trigger, and I O between 12-36 hours later, so I dont even bother with OPK's anymore. I don't have PCOS, so this might be why its different.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Have you asked for a trigger to make you ovulate?? Is your dr monitoring you via u/s to make sure you are producing mature follicles? I used to O on my own around cd 18 but only have an 10-11 day LP. So on 50mg of clomid my follicles are mature on cd 12, and they give me a trigger, and I O between 12-36 hours later, so I dont even bother with OPK's anymore. I don't have PCOS, so this might be why its different.
I do have PCOS, but also use a trigger. I am instructed to use the OPK's, so I do like a good patient. However I would be shocked if I ever saw one that was positive, even with clomid. Thus, I go for an ultrasound on CD16 and then they decide if I'm ready for the trigger or if I should wait longer.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
Wow that is really crazy. What cd are you on?

Do you think the injectables are effecting your cycle? With Follistim I start spotting a few days before I have full flow. Maybe if you just put on cute white pants and walked around a public place she would show (she's a bad one like that to me)
: Thanks - I needed that. : AF showed up last night, and she is piiiiisssed! Cramps from hell - ugh. Which made todays appt with the ultrasound wanding rather uncomfy, but at least I'm cleared to start injections again.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I do have PCOS, but also use a trigger. I am instructed to use the OPK's, so I do like a good patient. However I would be shocked if I ever saw one that was positive, even with clomid. Thus, I go for an ultrasound on CD16 and then they decide if I'm ready for the trigger or if I should wait longer.
This is only my second cycle, so nobody has mentioned any kind of monitoring other than OPK's, and I am not ready to jump to using triggers yet. I really thought the second one would be easier, because I'd know what to expect. In some ways it has been - I'm not as scared of the drugs or side effects. But in other ways it's just as bad or worse. Last cycle I did see a positive OPK on CD 21, I did ovulate, and I had a super long LP (16 days!) but there's no guarantee that I will do the same this cycle.

How do you all hold it together on your most stressful days? Hopefully this time next week I'll be in the tww and won't be this stressed, but right now I'm having the worst time concentrating and keeping it together at work. And most of you are going through way more than I am, and I'm sure you are smiling in fond memories of the days when you were just on your second cycle of Clomid and how much easier that was than daily injections and whatever else you're all doing.

It's so isolating, isn't it?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:00 PM

Itybty-- at least she's here now, right? Stupid AF. Now you can just focus on the new cycle.

Songbird-- I'm new at this too, so I don't have any insight about keeping it together. Got my test results for the thrombophilia panel and a few antibody thingies-- all negative. Me: "so that's good, right?!" Genetic councelor: "Well, it's good, but it also means that we still don't know what's going on with you. If they had come up positive, we could start addressing those issues immediately; instead you'll have to have more diagnostic testing done."

There are no good answers anymore!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
How do you all hold it together on your most stressful days? Hopefully this time next week I'll be in the tww and won't be this stressed, but right now I'm having the worst time concentrating and keeping it together at work.
It's so isolating, isn't it?

Umm, not to be a downer, but the tww is pretty stressful too. I suggest you get some relaxation tools in your toolbox (you can tell I've been reading overcoming fertility books). ie. yoga, meditation, progressive relaxation, etc. etc.
take care of yourself

Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Umm, not to be a downer, but the tww is pretty stressful too. I suggest you get some relaxation tools in your toolbox (you can tell I've been reading overcoming fertility books). ie. yoga, meditation, progressive relaxation, etc. etc.
take care of yourself
my acupuncturist was talking to me about managing my stress for the next 4 weeks (2 weeks of stims, trans and then 2WW) and i was like yea i use the highly effective, yelling at DH, crying, screaming, sleeping, and punching pillows....forget about constructive stress management. Who has time for that??
Old 03-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
my acupuncturist was talking to me about managing my stress for the next 4 weeks (2 weeks of stims, trans and then 2WW) and i was like yea i use the highly effective, yelling at DH, crying, screaming, sleeping, and punching pillows....forget about constructive stress management. Who has time for that??
:
Good luck with that.

When I did IVF I did all of the above plus a lot of Ben and Jerry's. Next time I plan to meditate and get outside more (not least because I was too darn fat when I did get pg, and then gained 40 pounds, not good!!!)

Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
:
Good luck with that.

When I did IVF I did all of the above plus a lot of Ben and Jerry's. Next time I plan to meditate and get outside more (not least because I was too darn fat when I did get pg, and then gained 40 pounds, not good!!!)
Ben & Jerrys= damn fine stress relief. Too bad it comes at such a cost, though! I've gained weight this past year, too, and I'm sure that part of it is the comfort eating from all the miscarriage stress. It's only now starting to come off again.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:17 PM

Good news for us- this is the first week in seven weeks that we don't have a single dr. appointment, test, biopsy, surgery or anything else. Next week DH starts his radiation treatments so appointments will start back up again. But for now, it's bliss to not be waiting to hear the results of one thing or another. I am seriously juggling 7 different dr. offices b/t us.

Bad news- I have to have some spiffy laser surgery on my cervix, so our IUI is on hold until May. But, we MAY be able to do a fresh cycle instead of a frozen on that month, which gives us better odds. So I guess it evens out...

Mischievium- can you add that we are TTC while treating cancer on the front page? I think it's an important part of why we are doing what we are. Thanks!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Well, I go to the Dr tomorrow for follicle monitoring. It will be CD 12 and in the past on clomid I have had 2 mature eggies. We bumped up my clomid this month from 50mg to 100mg so I am really hoping for 3-4 mature follicles.

However this month I dont feel anything. In the past I can feel when I hav mature eggs bc my ovaries start hurting, this month....NOTHING so either they are not mature or not very many of them. Maybe my body will surprise me though. Either way, I'll be happy, I dont mind waiting a few more days to trigger if it helps plump up my little future babies :

EastbayK Yay for no Dr's appt. I feel overwhelmed with just one Dr. I cant imagine 7. Hang in there, I'm sure that May cycle will be WELL WORTH IT!!

WeasleyMum I have gained about 20 lbs since my m/c last year. I'm still at a healthy weight, only now I'm on the TOP end of that weight range for my height. I don't understand if its bc I am so stressed with the m/c/TTC again or if its bc of all the fertility meds I have been taking over the last 6 months, either way it SUCKS!!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Just an update from me.

here we go with cycle #3. I start BCPs tomorrow, stims start mid-April. Roll on the rollercoaster..!h

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif

User Tag List