The March 2008 Infertility ONE Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 248 Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Aly: I also think this is it for you. You're cycle sounds great!

Songbird: Thanks for the link. That is exactly why we are not telling anyone (IRL) we started treatment.

Laralee: Sorry about af.

Mischevium: Yeah for knowing what's going on. Boo for the results. My thoughts are with you as you face the decision for the next step.

Now, I have questions about timing. On Fridays scan I had a 19mm follicle and multiple smaller ones (8mm or less). I was instructed to use the hcg trigger shot on Saturday between 8pm and 10pm and then to dtd on Sunday and Monday. The timing seems weird. I don't know why I was told to wait until Saturday for the trigger. I also don't understand the timing for intercourse, at 24 and 28 hours post trigger shot. How soon after the shot is ovulation expected? Isn't the sperm supposed to be present before ovulation occurs? I'm not too hopeful for this cycle. The pregnancy test is 4/11, so I'll find out then.
ovulation is 36 hours after trigger shot, so the timing seems right to me..gives some time for the swimmers to take the proper position. what seems abnormal with the trigger shot timing. i think they consider 20 mm proper size so they are prob giving you just a little more time to get from 19 to 20.

get those neg thoughts out of your head. you have just a good of a chance this cycle as any other cycle. do so visualization of the egg leaving the ovary and meeting up with the sperm. good luck and happy bd!!
#242 of 248 Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM

as for me, my cycle was cancelled last mon due to lack of downregulation. very light started on wed, so by fri i was in for day 3 bloodwork and us. the us tech said that my cyst got bigger from 24mm to 36mm so they would likely make me take the month off. but the RE called that afternoon saying to go ahead and start the bcp again and hope that the cyst goes away in the next 3 weeks and that i actually downregulate this time otherwise we will be postponed until june stupid waiting game.

Where is everyone else at in their cycles?

Perdita how are you doing...are you on stimms yet? Oh yeah and DH is having TESA tomorrow, so we are praying that there are viable sperm there.
#243 of 248 Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM

CAN YOU ADD ME?

LoveMyJonah - TTC #2 with Endometriosis since 11/2007. One m/c 1/2008. Laproscopy scheduled for 4/23, hCG shot 3/29 to try to up my chances of getting pregnant before then.
#244 of 248 Old 03-31-2008, 03:23 PM

kristinc - I hate hate hate when they do that

LoveMyJonah - welcome and good luck!!

I feel very very blah today. I have not been to the gym in the last 5 days, and I think it has something to do with that.

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

#245 of 248 Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 PM

Hey Kristin - I have a few more days until I start suppression (the 6th) - stims toward the end of the month.

Sorry about the cycle - and lots of luck with the TESA - he's going to need lots and lots of sympathy, and have ice packs on hand!

Let us know how it goes - I'll be thinking of you... many crossed fingers and :

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#246 of 248 Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all the love, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
as for me, my cycle was cancelled last mon due to lack of downregulation. very light started on wed, so by fri i was in for day 3 bloodwork and us. the us tech said that my cyst got bigger from 24mm to 36mm so they would likely make me take the month off. but the RE called that afternoon saying to go ahead and start the bcp again and hope that the cyst goes away in the next 3 weeks and that i actually downregulate this time otherwise we will be postponed until june stupid waiting game.

Oh yeah and DH is having TESA tomorrow, so we are praying that there are viable sperm there.
Super big , Kristinc! Go away, cyst!

: For your DH :

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyJonah View Post
CAN YOU ADD ME?

LoveMyJonah - TTC #2 with Endometriosis since 11/2007. One m/c 1/2008. Laproscopy scheduled for 4/23, hCG shot 3/29 to try to up my chances of getting pregnant before then.
Added! Welcome to the thread!
#247 of 248 Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

I can't believe how quickly this thread blossomed in March! And it seems like there is more traffic in general in the infertility forum, now I don't feel so alone !

Without much further ado... HERE is the thread for April!
#248 of 248 Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Hey Kristin - I have a few more days until I start suppression (the 6th) - stims toward the end of the month.

Sorry about the cycle - and lots of luck with the TESA - he's going to need lots and lots of sympathy, and have ice packs on hand!

Let us know how it goes - I'll be thinking of you... many crossed fingers and :
Perdita- Great news...they got 4 vials of epididymal & testicular sperm today!! Woo Hoo!!! and i think you and i are on nearly the same cycle. I started suppression on friday. I am 21 days of BCPs and then 5 days of nothing and then follistim, ganirelex & menopur. Is that the same protocl as you?? of course all assuming that my cyst is better in 3 weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page