Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshine View Post
goblue,
the preliminary report is this...
out of 15 eggs retrieved, 10 were mature enough,
we ICSI'ed all 10, and of the 10,
1 bombed, 2 pooped out, and 7 are still growing.

so, 7!!

nurse is calling tomorrow to give more specifics and give us the time for transfer on monday. i am nervous, somewhat relieved, worried, and really excited that there are these 7 little lovelies with my and my husband's dna growing in the lab! it is a miracle!
soulshine - Congrats on the great news! ita about this being a miracle. You and dh have done an amazing job and have 7 miracle embies. Good Luck tomorrow.
#62 of 266 Old 04-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Wonderful news, Soulshine! Lots of embie-growing thoughts coming your way.

I start Suprefact (suppression) tomorrow morning. Enjoying my sanity while it lasts...

That made me laugh. Funny how we can relate to treasuring our sanity before starting a cycle. Enjoy a glass of wine for me (preferably while watching a beautiful sunset).
#63 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 AM

hello every one !! Congrats to all who had ER already wow 7 embies thats wonderful !!
update for me : i'm still on luperon i finally got AF sat night. so i went to the center on sunday they did an ultrasound my lining was thin like it was suppose to and they did blood work my estrogen levels were low enough that i started stimulation last night Gonal-F 150 for 3 day then i have to go back on wed for another ultrasound and blood work. Can any one tell me how im going to be feeling on the gonal-f any advice will be great !! ER is scheduled for next thurs (17th) Im so excited !!:

: for every one !!

marly
#64 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Just an update - I'm behind schedule. I should have taken my HCG shot yesterday, but my measurable follicles (they say I have about 20 because of PCOS) are taking their time growing.

I hope it happens soon because I'm running out of Lupron, and only have about 2 more injections of Puregon...then I'll have to buy more meds...

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#65 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

marly33--good luck stimming! When I took Gonal-F last month, it made me kind of bloated but I think it's because I was overstimulated.

kat's mommy---how many days have you stimmed? Did they tell you what follicle size you are at?
#66 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
kat's mommy---how many days have you stimmed? Did they tell you what follicle size you are at?
I started puregon on March 29, so it's been about 10 days.

They didn't tell me the follicle size, but from what I could see from the chart, they are around 1.2-1.5.

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#67 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM

kat's mommy,
you can see if your nurse/clinic will slip you some med samples to get you through... its worth a try, rather than have to buy a whole box and just use a little bit of it...

marly, i didn't have much bad side effects from the stims (i was on follistim/menapur) but they did definately make me bloated, right from the get go.

perdita, bye bye sanity! just kidding... maybe this will be a magical cycle in which you stay relatively sane and mellow! you never know!

my update,
back from transfer, all went very well, very pleased. transferred 3 beautiful embryos, froze 4 pretty much beautiful embryos. had acupuncture before and after, and now just taking it easy in the hotel bed! deep breath! sending lots of love to them, and hoping for the best! day 4 of progesterone shots and they are so not a big deal as i had read about. 12 days until blood test. yikes!

looking forward to more updates from you all!
#68 of 266 Old 04-07-2008, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Soulshine!! Congrats on the successful transfer! Stick embies stick!!

Rest well and keep us posted on how you feel.
#69 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Perdita - How is the suppression going? How are you feeling?

VWChick - I hope your feeling better. OHSS is a kick in the nuts!

Crazyrunningmamma- Is af here yet? I hope she knows we're all waiting for her.

Jempd - How is the 2ww going?

Marly- Good Luck on the Gonal-F. I am not sure how you'll feel. I am a 300 units of Follistim girl.

Kat's Mommy - I agree with checking at your doctor's to see if they have any samples or donated lupron. I donated all of my leftover follistim to my re so it's is a good idea to ask, espically since you only need a few more shots.

Soulshine - Glad to hear your et went great . Be sure to call room service for lots of goodies, relax and we're also sending you and the embies lots of love. I was wondering about the progesterone shots. Thanks for letting us know they are not a big deal.

Goblue - Hope everything is going well.

If I missed anyone I am sorry I just went as far as this page. But I am thinking of you all.

As for me I have an u/s and bloodwork tomorrow and this is day 5 of stims. I have been keping busy trying to get all my stuff done before the er/et (: of course that I get there). It is a little unbelievable but I had my little girl puppy spayed this weekend. How Ironic? I mean what if she wanted puppies? Oh well, I love her to pieces and since her boyfriend is my neighbors St. Bernard it was for the best.
#70 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
OK, I've been quiet because I didn't really know when/what would be going on with me, so first I want to say : to all of you, and I am hoping for a BFP for everyone!!

AF finally came last night for me, and I get to get things moving again. My round 1 they had me do Lupron and Repronex, but now they are having me do an Antagen Cycle. I start my BCP's tonight thru next Monday (the 14th - which happens to be my bday!) and then have a baseline u/s on the 17th to make sure all is good. Shooting for er the week of the 27th.

I know from reading through some other posts, there are some people doing an antagen cycle. From what I got it is started right before you would ovulate to keep you from ovulating, but does anybody have any more info on it? Sounds quite a bit different from the Lupron cycle I have done previously. They are hoping that this mix of drugs will work better for me, so that I don't overstimulate nearly as much as I did last time.

Thanks!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#71 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 PM

Just checking in on everyone really quickly. This is the first day I have felt the least bit decent so I have a lot to do while I can... Unfortunately though, I have this nagging headache (maybe from the progesterone?) that is really getting to me even with Tylenol. So, I don't know how productive I will be.

It sounds like everyone is moving right along!

Quick question for everyone:
I had a good bit of meds leftover. Assuming this works and I no longer need them, I have no idea what to do with them. I have read on the IVF boards that some people donate them back to the clinic (and Seedlings mentioned it here too!) and some people give them to others in need with no insurance. I've even heard of people selling them and while that would be great since I also had to pay out of pocket for them, I am pretty sure it would be sketchy as far as the legalities. Is anyone else wondering what to do? I asked at my clinic and one of the nurses just said "um, yeah... you can bring those in and we'll get rid of them for you." Well, I would rather have them go to someone I know can use them. Heck, I even have one whole thing of the Follistim that is unopened because I was such a hyper responder that they kept me at 175 for the whole time. I also have leftover Luveris. I know the Follistim especially was really expensive. Ideas?
#72 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Also.... Another question (sorry, I am full of them today)...

I just finally got an e-mail from the clinic saying that none of our leftover embryos had made it to freeze. I don't know why, but I took the message sort of bad. It makes me really worry that the implanted ones might not be viable either. It also makes me curious how we went from having 5 extra "nice" embryos the morning of transfer to having them all arrested and degenerating (that's what the report said) the next morning. Maybe one of you ladies is more familiar with this than I am and can give me some ideas. I know there are probably lots of possibilities but I don't even have any idea what they are.
#73 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

VWchick, I'm sorry to hear about your leftover embryos. That is devastating...I'm surprised your RE didn't call you in person to explain what happened. Keep hope up!!

Hope4light, how are you? I'm glad you finally have your IVF schedule all set up. I remember you and I got cancelled for the same reason a few months ago, so I'd love to compare notes with you as we move forward. Today is my last day of BCP, still on Lupron of course. Then my doc has me on 150 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur for 2 days, and then cut down to 75 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur to keep me from overstimming again. I know your med protocol is different from mine, but do the dosages sound similar? I really hope my RE gets it right this time.
#74 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM

vwchick,
did you have a 3 day transfer, and then then let the embryos grow out to 5-day freeze? all i know about that is that sometimes the embryos do better inside the body at some point, and its different for everyone's embryos... some make it out to 5-day no problem, but some stop growing after day 3 if they are not either frozen or transferred in. i asked our embryologist if he was freezing our other 4 that day- day 3, and he said yes, which surprised me because all the online reading made me think that blasts were better for freezing, and he said we could try to let them go to 5-day, but there is the possibility that they will stop growing, (either due to their environment of their quality or both) so they freeze them at 3 thinking that when it comes time to thaw them, their quality will either be naturally good enough to thaw and transfer, or it won't be, but better to freeze them when they know they are looking good. made sense. its a hard decision to make- when to freeze, and for that matter, when to transfer, especially when there is such a huge difference in opinions from all of the expert experienced r.e.'s and embryologists all saying something different!
try not to worry about the embryos that are inside you!! inside you is the best best place for them, especially if you saw that your others did not thrive outside past 3 days, you know?? they are all different and unique from each other. there is nothing to say that the embryo's inside you are doomed- in fact, there is no reason not to think that they are perfect in every way, still growing and already implanted! it is out of our control. i will be thinking good thoughts for you, and them! great to read that you are feeling a bit better. as far as your leftover meds question, our nurse told us they will last in the refridge. for 2 years. you could wait until you know someone who you feel good about giving them to, or, who knows you may find yourself in the position to use them again yourself- you never know... also, i think donating them to your clinic, what they told you about 'getting rid of them'- do you think they meant give them to someone who needs them, or chuck them?? if it meant give them to someone who needs them, well, then i think that's a great way of passing them along. there are alot of women doing ivf that are barely making it happen, and any little bit helps!

hope4light,
what meds are you taking? i think i did what you are going to do, and i like d it very much. it was very interesting the way the meds worked, and how my body reacted. i think with the antagonist, the goal is to grow a smaller number of really well-grown eggs. at my retrieval we got 15 eggs and the embryologist was really surprised because of the antagonist, he was expecting way less. (of course i wanted like 50 eggs!!) hurray for af coming and getting things started! lupron was a total failure for me, so lets hope you have the same luck as i did on the next try without it!

seedlings,
how did your u/s go?! how are things looking in there?!
i know what you mean about getting things done before it all goes down! i felt like i was nesting! i think its good that your little puppy will be puppy-free! especially with that hot st.bernard next door
#75 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshine View Post
vwchick,
did you have a 3 day transfer, and then then let the embryos grow out to 5-day freeze?
Nope. We did a 5 day transfer. Out of the 7 that we had at day 5, 3 were great. We transferred two of those. But, the RE said he still expected that we'd have 3 or 4 for freeze. So, like I said I was a bit shocked.

Now I am driving myself crazy reading everything possible online to see if I can find some answers... LOL! I know I shouldn't be stressing... BUT.... I just can't help myself.
#76 of 266 Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 PM

VWchick - ita agree with soulshine. Inside of you is the best place for the embies to grow.

Be sure to call your re and ask about not having any to freeze. Going from having 3 or 4 to freeze then to having none is a big difference. He's got some explaining to do. Just try not to spend your 2ww doing the what if's and please remind me of that when I am in the 2ww.

So, the other night I was mentioning to dh that if this does not work, next month might be his turn. I mentioned Oprah had a pregnant man on her show. So he laughed it off and was like oh really. The funny thing is he has been really considerate and nice since. Like he finds me at shot time and has the meds all ready to go and cleans up. I asked him to stop at the store to buy something I broke. He could not find the store and I didn't hear the phone when he called. So he came home and went back out to get it. He even has been helpful with all kinds of stuff . Wow, hope this lasts.
#77 of 266 Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWChick View Post
Now I am driving myself crazy reading everything possible online to see if I can find some answers... LOL! I know I shouldn't be stressing... BUT.... I just can't help myself.
Stop. Go outside. Breathe.
Good luck to you.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#78 of 266 Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM

Jempd - How is the 2ww going? (from Seedlings)

Urrrrr---I came here to ask all how do you survive the 2ww? I am trying to distract myself but the time drags. At the same time waiting to hear from schools we've applied to for ds so all kinds of anxious.

Of course, the progesterin (I'm taking 1.5 ccs a day) makes me feel as if I could be pregnant--achey, tender breasts, sleepy--another one of those mean twists to the whole thing. I have decided to cope by telling dh that if the test is negative I want to go out to dinner. Then I'm going to get a hair cut, maybe hair color, facial, pedicure, and go shopping (for what I can afford and after the IVF it's not much). Then we take collective deep breath and prepare for hte next cycle, and as we have 3 frozen embryos there will be another cycle.
#79 of 266 Old 04-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I just finally got an e-mail from the clinic saying that none of our leftover embryos had made it to freeze. I don't know why, but I took the message sort of bad. It makes me really worry that the implanted ones might not be viable either. It also makes me curious how we went from having 5 extra "nice" embryos the morning of transfer to having them all arrested and degenerating (that's what the report said) the next morning. Maybe one of you ladies is more familiar with this than I am and can give me some ideas. I know there are probably lots of possibilities but I don't even have any idea what they are.
Hang in there VWChick, we're all thinking about you! :

Goblue - I'm not sure yet on my dosages, as I had some Repronex left at home from the first cycle, so I told her I would pick them up at the u/s on the 17th. I know on the stims my RE's plan is to start me real slow to starve some of the smaller eggs, then hype me up to stim the bigger one's that make it. He said he's hoping that this will give me about 10 mature versus the 25+ I would have had the first cycle. We'll definately compare notes, especially once stimming is happening like crazy, I'm curious to see how your meds work for you this time around!!

Soulshine - I did Lupron for my cancelled cycle, and it actually 'worked' but RE didn't like they way that and the Repronex worked together, that's what caused my ovaries to go into serious overdrive. So the antagonist is to try to do exactly what you said, therefore not leaving me with the possibility of too many. My first time around I had 50 - 60 that he could see, and he could tell that there was a likelyhood of 20-25+ mature's if I had triggered, NOT GOOD with the crazy high E levels, so they actually cancelled, so 15 is good!! Yay!!

Hang in there jempd!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#80 of 266 Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM

hello every one !!! good luck to all those that are waiting for those BFP!!!! A little update from me i am still on luperon 1.5 cc and i started gonal-f 150 for three days. i went to the office this morning for ultrasound and blood work . when i get home from work i have to call the voice mail they gave me and see my new instructions. so far the nurse told me that i have 6 vissible follicles and a bunch of small ones on the left and three and possibly 1 more hiding on the right she couldn't see the right one very well it was ff the side a little. I feel ok im not doing to bad i am cramping and i am bloated. we own a gas station and we have to wear uniforms well im not wearing them cause now the pants are extrememly tight so im in sweat pants wich i think i will be in for the restof this process. i'll let you guys know what the message says tommorow !! I will keep you all in my prayers>>

marly
#81 of 266 Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Stop. Go outside. Breathe.
Good luck to you.

I did just this today!!! Other than a massive headache for the past 48 hours (which the nurse tells me is from a drop in estrogen levels), I am starting to feel MUCH better. So, we did lots of yard work today (no heavy lifting for me or anything like that). The fresh air and playing in the dirt was a good distraction though.:

Thanks so much everyone for your good wishes. This board is part of what is helping me get through this whole 2WW. With a less than supportive clinic (still haven't heard from any of the RE's or embryologist even though I have left multiple messages) and not having anyone locally who understands what I am going through, you ladies are lifesavers.

Jempd- I know what you mean about this whole 2WW deal... I keep wondering if any of my symptoms are preggo symptoms or progesterone symptoms. I am using the progesterone gel. ICK. I am certainly going to POAS on Friday. I am quite afraid to but I don't think I have the self control to wait until my beta on Monday the 14th. We won't be cycling again (at least not anytime soon... and probably not ever). We can't afford it (financially or time wise) and it's made me somewhat of a wreck physically and emotionally.

Soulshine- Enjoy your after transfer rest!

Everyone else... Keep those eggs growing!
#82 of 266 Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I did just this today!!! Other than a massive headache for the past 48 hours (which the nurse tells me is from a drop in estrogen levels), I am starting to feel MUCH better. So, we did lots of yard work today (no heavy lifting for me or anything like that). The fresh air and playing in the dirt was a good distraction though.:

Thanks so much everyone for your good wishes. This board is part of what is helping me get through this whole 2WW. With a less than supportive clinic (still haven't heard from any of the RE's or embryologist even though I have left multiple messages) and not having anyone locally who understands what I am going through, you ladies are lifesavers.

Jempd- I know what you mean about this whole 2WW deal... I keep wondering if any of my symptoms are preggo symptoms or progesterone symptoms. I am using the progesterone gel. ICK. I am certainly going to POAS on Friday. I am quite afraid to but I don't think I have the self control to wait until my beta on Monday the 14th. We won't be cycling again (at least not anytime soon... and probably not ever). We can't afford it (financially or time wise) and it's made me somewhat of a wreck physically and emotionally.

Soulshine- Enjoy your after transfer rest!

Everyone else... Keep those eggs growing!
Yeah, thanks. I find it so hard to NOT get my hopes up--my way of coping with anything that might be a disappointment is to repeat like a mantra to myself: don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up---but how can you not? I just don't know.

I don't have the self-control to wait either and am literally counting the hours till I get the results of the blood test tomorrow. I know that I have one more cycle to try but then that's it, for the reasons you gave, VWChick, so this is the next to last try.

Soulshine--we had transfers very close together.
#83 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Now I know how much I need this thread because it was gone for two days and that sucked!!

How is everybody doing? Jempd--Any update from your tests?

I'm going in tomorrow morning for my baseline u/s and bloodwork to see if I can start stimming on Tuesday as planned. Fingers crossed!
#84 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 AM

It's over for us...

I started bleeding heavily last night. The hpt have been consistently negative all weekend and now I am somewhat glad I did them because otherwise the bleeding would have taken me completely by surprise.

I am devastated (just like anyone else with BFN's). I am emotionally, physically, and financially drained. I had just assumed, without doubt, that this would work. And, I simply can't understand why it didn't. Even this morning when I talked to the nurse she said that I had a perfect cycle with the exception of the OHSS. With the qualities of the two embryos we transferred (4AA and 4AB) there should have been no problems. And, I have to remember that my "problem" is self-induced... the freaking tubal ligation that my ex-husband forced me to have. That makes this even worse, I think. I only have myself to blame for my fertility issues.

Anyway.... I am not sure where, if anywhere, I can go from here. We're broke financially and with my clinic being so far away, I see no way to do this again. Right now I just want to curl up in a corner and cry for a few weeks.
#85 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
It's over for us...

I started bleeding heavily last night. The hpt have been consistently negative all weekend and now I am somewhat glad I did them because otherwise the bleeding would have taken me completely by surprise.

I am devastated (just like anyone else with BFN's). I am emotionally, physically, and financially drained. I had just assumed, without doubt, that this would work. And, I simply can't understand why it didn't. Even this morning when I talked to the nurse she said that I had a perfect cycle with the exception of the OHSS. With the qualities of the two embryos we transferred (4AA and 4AB) there should have been no problems. And, I have to remember that my "problem" is self-induced... the freaking tubal ligation that my ex-husband forced me to have. That makes this even worse, I think. I only have myself to blame for my fertility issues.

Anyway.... I am not sure where, if anywhere, I can go from here. We're broke financially and with my clinic being so far away, I see no way to do this again. Right now I just want to curl up in a corner and cry for a few weeks.
VWChick... I'm so sorry... hang in there, you are in all of our prayers... :

#86 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 PM

VWCHick...I am so, so sorry. Big hugs to you.

~ ~ ~
Just an update. I had my eggs retrieved yesterday. I "had" 20, but they were only able to retrieve 6 (something about PCOS will produce more follicles.

Of the 6, only 1 fertilized. Only 1!!

I go in for the transfer on Tuesday....

#87 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 02:52 PM

vwchick,
i am so sorry. that sucks so bad... it is such a disappointment. i am really sorry to hear your news. and i totally understand the feeling of wanting to crawl into a corner. and if that's what you have to do, than do it... you have every reason to be sad and disappointed. i would suggest you try not to glump it all together, because you could get overwhelmed with the feelings of grief- it is grief because it is a loss... the loss of the hope for the cycle, the feelings of loss associated with your surgery, and the feelings of loss about what will happen in the future... you can give yourself permission to feel all of those things, but maybe one at a time, or put off the 'future' for a while and allow yourself to be sad about the 'now'. that's easy to say but hard to do, i know. it just came to mind when i read the overwhelming sadness in your post. its really is so crappy with ivf, its either great or it totally sucks, no inbetween.
i'll be thinking of you...
#88 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM

kat's mommy,
1!! well, 1 is all it takes, and i am sure you've heard that before! still, though, when you started with what you thought was 20, to be here with one is probably a shock! i will be thinking of you on tuesday, and i hope your transfer goes really well. you know, single transfers are the wave of the future in ivf and many people get pregnant electively transferring one embryo. there is lots of hope to be had!! best wishes to you.
#89 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM

_________
#90 of 266 Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM

VWchick - I am so sorry. I wish I could bring you some supper, wine, kleenix and some ((hugs)). With what you have been thru I'd be there right with you crying in the corner.

You have a lot to think about but try not to do it all now. Come here and vent to us (((hugs))).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page