Calling all April IVFs! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 266 Old 04-19-2008, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seedlings,

One hour before my transfer, I had to empty my bladder, and then immediately drink 500 ml of water. I had to arrive at the clinic 30 minutes before the transfer, and drink another 500 ml of water.

They were 1/2 an hour late, and I thought I was going to explode. My bladder was soooo full, I couldn't walk, I couldn't sit, and when I walked down the flight of stairs to the room, I honestly thought I was going to keel over!

The procedure itself took less than 1 minute. Not painful at all. It was really uncomfortable to pee in the bed pan with my arse in the air!

I had to lie on the table for 20 minutes, then was told to go home and have bed rest for 2 days.

We were going to go with 2 embryos, but since there was only 1, the choice was made for us...

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 266 Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM

I am new to this thread. This is my first IVF, kind of (our actual first ivf last month go cancelled d/t lack of downregulation). DH & I are 27 and we have sever male factor. We will be doing IVF w/ ICSI for all babies to be. I took my last bcp on thurs and start the shots on mon.

i am glad to be here with others going through the same situation. I have to go back and read all of the posts now, but I looked forward to getting to know you all s:

Kristin
#123 of 266 Old 04-20-2008, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Kristinc- welcome to the thread! All the women on this post are incredibly wonderful and supportive. I am also going through IVF/ICSI due to male factor AND had a cancelled cycle in Feb due to overstimulation, so I can commiserate with you!

A quick update from me: After 5 days of stims, I now have 21 follies all very small (10mm) and estrogen level at 350 so my RE is keeping my meds the same for the next few days. I just wish I had a better feel if I'm tracking well or not...couldn't get a good answer from the nurse today.

How is everyone else doing? Keep us updated.

#124 of 266 Old 04-20-2008, 05:03 PM

goblue,
sounds good... slow and steady for beautiful eggs! keep the updates coming!

hi kristin hurray for starting your shots tomorrow! let us know how it goes!

well, i have my beta tomorrow. : so nervous! it will be a whopping 17dpo so the number better be nice and high too!

its really gonna suck if it isn't positive.

but either way, i'll report back when i know.

we transferred 3 beautiful embryos, 2 of them wonderfully compacting morulas, all grade a, with little or no fragmentation, on day 3. i am really hoping for good results tomorrow!
#125 of 266 Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshine View Post
i am really hoping for good results tomorrow!
We're all hoping for you too!!

: AND :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#126 of 266 Old 04-20-2008, 07:18 PM

hey thanks!!
#127 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
I am new to this thread. This is my first IVF, kind of (our actual first ivf last month go cancelled d/t lack of downregulation). DH & I are 27 and we have sever male factor. We will be doing IVF w/ ICSI for all babies to be. I took my last bcp on thurs and start the shots on mon.

i am glad to be here with others going through the same situation. I have to go back and read all of the posts now, but I looked forward to getting to know you all s:

Kristin
Just like goblue, I am also doing IVF w/ICSI due to severe male factor, and had a cancelled cycle in February due to overstimulating. We're sorry that you have to be here, but now that you are, we're here for you during the high's and low's!!!

Soulshine - :

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#128 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 PM

(i always lurk on the ivf threads)
I wanted to say GOOD LUCK Soulshine!
and continued : to the rest of you!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#129 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM

Soulshine - Good Luck with your beta today! Thanks for all the info about your et. Your embies sound great. :

Marly33 - Good Luck on your et today!

Kat's Mommy thanks for the info on your et. Mine et was werid. Did not need the full bladder. Than I was at about a 60 degree angle, I was holding on to the table or else I would of fallen on my head. So I was very tense and uncomfortable. Then when it was done I just got up, got dressed and left. It was not what I thought. Hope your 2 ww goes quickly.

Kristinc - Welcome!

Goblue - Here's to your awesome follies. It sounds like their right on track. I think that after 5 days that is good. I am not 100% sure but follies can grow 1-2mm a day on injectables. So in 5 more days that will put you right where you should be. So as a reference on cd6 I had about 9 follies at 11-12mm and my e2 was 435. So our numbers look the same given a 1 day difference.

Perdita - How was your trip?

hope4light- Good Luck on your ultrasound tomorrow.

On Saturday we transfered 4. They were graded between 2 and 3 and were between 4 and 6 cell. So not the best but my re said good. One had arrested by Saturday and the other 4 my doctor thought would not make it to freeze. So we just opted in all 4 that the re thought were viable. My beta in 05/02.

For everyone hope your doing well and love all of the updates.
#130 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 02:31 PM

Soulshine - how did it go today?

Marly33 - hope everything went well!

Seedlings - wow. I can't believe how different our et's were! What does "One had arrested by Saturday" mean?

hope4light - :

everyone - how are things going?

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#131 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 03:00 PM

thanks for the welcomes. it feels great to be here with all fo this amazing supports: I start stims tues night and am pretty excited and very nervous.

Quote:
we transferred 3 beautiful embryos, 2 of them wonderfully compacting morulas, all grade a, with little or no fragmentation, on day 3. i am really hoping for good results tomorrow!
wow that sounds very promising can't wait to hear the results.
#132 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Soulshine - Thinking of you.
#133 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM

beta positive

...and thanks for thinking of me!
i feel like i am experiencing a miracle right now!
#134 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 PM

: :

Congrats and here's to a great pregnancy !
#135 of 266 Old 04-21-2008, 10:49 PM

each day i have with this little one is a gift. i am feeling so lucky right now!
thanks for all the cool smilies

so...
updates, anyone?
any suppressing, stimulating, trigger-happy, retrieval/transfer news?
#136 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
each day i have with this little one is a gift. i am feeling so lucky right now!
thanks for all the cool smilies

WHOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ARE experiencing a miracle right now! Congratulations!!!

( I checked earlier to see if you had posted yet!)

#137 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Hello every one !! congradulations Soulshine

A little update rom me : Well my ET got posponed for today. i went down from having 6 embies to only 3. my center does 5 and 6 day transfers when thet are blasts so these 3 are the only ones that got there yesturday so the posponed it till today. thats ok im still staying positive. DH was a little sad yesturday so lets see. its not up to me God is the boss on this one its his call .
#138 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
beta positive

Congrats, and here's to an AWESOME 9 mths enjoying that little miracle growing inside you!!! :

Just a quick update on me... I go for my u/s in about 30 mins, and I'm nervous as he**.... the first u/s last time around they were already telling me that it wasn't looking good... but, I'm doing the power of positive thinking, and all the omens say this one is already going better!!! (positive thinking can do wonders, right!!??!!!)

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#139 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
beta positive

Wow!! That is so encouraging!! Congrats to you and your little sticky bean

we are starting our shots tonight so I am pretty excited for that. Woo Hoo for pain!
#140 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM

Hi and Happy Earth Day.

Soulshine: I know, but I'm being deliberately understated on purpose. At this point it could still be an ectopic pregnancy so until we see on the sonogram that there is an egg sac and it's where it should be, I'm doing my best to not get excited. Dh however is already excited which I wish he wouldn't be in case we get dissapointed.

Marly: How'd it go? Good luck.

Goblue: Any more news on follicles and did you find out about the estrogen level?

Katsmommy: Do you feel like you ate too much and you just might be getting a little indigestion? That's how I feel, but I'm on 2 ccs of PIO right now so that might be it.

I am thinking about acupuncture . . . I was looking around on-line to see what is available around where I live and I found that there is someone doing acupuncture nearly across the street from me. My address is 21 and the address of these practitoners is 28. I wonder if that's a sign that I should do acupuncture. If I do it there, it really couldn't be any more convenient.
#141 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
beta positive

:t humb

No new update from me...
just still waiting on the beta test - that'll be on April 28.
i still feel cramping, not sure what that means...hoping for the positive, with my one little embie!!

#142 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat's Mommy View Post
:t humb

No new update from me...
just still waiting on the beta test - that'll be on April 28.
i still feel cramping, not sure what that means...hoping for the positive, with my one little embie!!
for you Kat!

I know I was stressing out b/f my u/s this morning, so quick update from that. They had only counted some 17 follies last Thurs before we started the stims, but this morning they counted that on just one ovary... so of course I started to get nervous due to my hyperstim last time. They called me just a few mins ago though, and I'm running 'warm' but not 'HOT' like I did last time... my estrogen is at 683, and I had a follie or 2 at 10, a bunch at 8 and the rest were 7 and smaller, with a bunch around 4 and 5... so they're keeping me on the same dose of stims, and my RE is seeing me sooner than he would normally... I'm going for another u/s and bloodwork on Thursday instead of Saturday... then he will probably start me on the antegon on Thursday..... here's to hoping!!!!!

#143 of 266 Old 04-22-2008, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

YEAAAYYY SOULSHINE!!! How wonderful and exciting for you...and all of us!! I needed to hear some good news from my April IVF girls. CONGRATS!!

Marly33, how did the transfer go?

Hope4light, stay strong. how many follies do you have in total? I started out with 21 but I think now I'm down to 15 somehow. Here's my update so you can compare notes. After my 7th day of stims, estrogen is at 837 and my follies are ranging from 11-15 in size. RE wants two more days of the same meds, then back on Thursday for checkup. Fingers are crossed for both of our estrogen levels to stay normal!!!!
#144 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempd View Post

I am thinking about acupuncture . . . I was looking around on-line to see what is available around where I live and I found that there is someone doing acupuncture nearly across the street from me. My address is 21 and the address of these practitoners is 28. I wonder if that's a sign that I should do acupuncture. If I do it there, it really couldn't be any more convenient.
Especially because both numbers are multiples of 7!! No, I'm not kidding, things like that are always .... noticed by me. I am doing acupuncture and liking it so far. I am going to a place that specializes in IF, I think that's important. Although the detox diet they recommended is making me a bit nuts.

#145 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 01:35 AM

Forgive the threadcrashing, but I just had to jump in and say YAY for SOULSHINE!!!!
#146 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue View Post

Hope4light, stay strong. how many follies do you have in total? I started out with 21 but I think now I'm down to 15 somehow. Here's my update so you can compare notes. After my 7th day of stims, estrogen is at 837 and my follies are ranging from 11-15 in size. RE wants two more days of the same meds, then back on Thursday for checkup. Fingers are crossed for both of our estrogen levels to stay normal!!!!
I'm not sure... I think I was stressing out too much to take that piece of information in and keep it, if you know what I mean.... I know for sure that it was at least 25, but I'm getting mucus now, so hopefully I'll get rid of some by my u/s tomorrow... I haven't started antegon yet, probably tomorrow evening... all my numbers were at 5 days of stims, so it sounds like we're probably right on the same track with our numbers... Does your RE sound happier with them? I know that mine does, but I think that I stress just because of the experience with last time around, you know?!

Let me know tomorrow so we can compare again since I also have a u/s! Hang in there, here's to good follies growing while not overdoing it!!!

#147 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM

I forgot to add: Thanks for all the tips on what to do with the needles. It had occurred to me when I was at the RE's office that they have a container specifically for that kind of waste and they might let me bring my needles in and deposit them in it, so I am reminded to ask if I can.

Soulshine: I'm sorry, I didn't say congratulations!!! Exciting!

Marly33: I had 4--not many, but where I am going they seemed to think that wasn't bad. Did you transfer all 3 at once or are you going to freeze one or two?

hope, how did the US go? I hope reassuring.

kristin: yeah, the needles are not fun, welcome to the roller coaster ride and best luck.
#148 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Hope4light,

Unfortunatley my clinic works such that I only talk to the nurses, and I don't have my previous cycle numbers to work as a benchmark. But I do know that I got cancelled by this point last time, so I'm already in un-charted territory! The nurses keep saying everything looks fine, so I have to trust that. I will definitely with my u/s and estrogen levels after the appointment tomorrow. Keep me posted as well!!
#149 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 02:14 PM

Hi everyone - back from my conference - thank goodness no problems with needles while on the road.

Had my first u/s and b/w this morning. Things look fine - 18 follies countable - none large enough to measure (pretty much the same as last cycle). Back on Friday for more of the same and hopefully some measurables!

Soulshine - don't think I said congrats - congrats!!

Kristin - good luck with the needles!

When I picked up my meds last Friday, there was a flyer handed out by the pharmacist at the clinic on accupuncture, and there's a new place doing it much closer to my house. I'm thinking about making an appointment too. The other place was just too far away from home and work.

Crossing fingers for everyone!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#150 of 266 Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM

I think I just lost $8,000...I don't think my one little embie made it because I got my period today (heavy flow). I called the clinic, but they said to continue taking progesterone suppositories, and still come in for my beta this Monday. She said that "some" women bleed heavily even while pregnant.

I highly doubt I'm still pregnant, and I know she needs to tell me this...but I am losing hope...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page