Calling all April IVFs! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 266 Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this is not a pitty party. I plan on having many margaritas on Friday after I get back my bfn from my beta. I am poas-a-holic. So they have been neg for a while. So I pretty much already know this cycle was a bust.

Yet today I got the results of yesterdays progesterone test and it was only 23. Luckily me for (not) they want me to do 2 shots of the progesterone a day (am then pm) and start estrace. I just want my caffine back and some frosty margaritas. Just to cruel to see bfn's and then be told to do 2 shots of progesterone.

The plan is to cycle again. Hopefully we will be able to start again in May.
#182 of 266 Old 04-30-2008, 09:47 PM

seedlings,
that totally blows. i really hope that turns around for you, but if it doesn't it really sounds like you are solid with the plan... and i totally understand the tastey adult beverages... it will be a nice release. *many hugs* to you.
#183 of 266 Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Seedlings...it ain't over til the fat lady sings!!! If it's one thing I've learned from this process, there's no "formula" to success. I will keep all fingers and toes crossed that your beta comes out positive!!!! :
#184 of 266 Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 AM

hey girls!! SEEDLING-- Don't guve up yet you still have your beta test.

How is every one doing ??

A little up date : I went a head and took the forbidden hpt yesturday and it was a bfp and i took another one today it was also a BFP. im pretty convinced but my bete is tommorow so lets see. so far everything looks good and is leaning towards a positive blood test tommorow. will let you all know.

and baby dust to all !!
#185 of 266 Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue View Post

Update for me, I got the call today saying I'm good to go for a 5 day transfer, which will be Friday. The nurse didn't have any news on my embies, just said "it's status quo"...which I guess is as good as I can ask for.
Yes, I remember (I had a day 5 transfer) they really wouldn't or couldn't tell me much about the embies until the day of the transfer when the embryologist talked to me about them. I guess so much happens within even a few hours that they don't want to say much until they are sure. And I had to wait until the day after the transfer to find out if the ones that were left over were of freezable quality.

I'm well--I'm two weeks behind Soulshine. I had the ultrasound and everything is as it should be which is a huge relief.

I had lunch the other day with a friend who asked if she could bring along one of her friends who is 41 and was just told by her RE more or less forget it, your FSH is too high, and something like why did you even come to me if you're not willing to start IVF right away? Anyway our mutual friend thought she could benefit from talking to someone who had been through (going through) IVF so that she could gather info to help her decide what her next move would be. So I sat there with very mixed emotions, thinking Oh my god I wouldn't wish this on an enemy--DON'T DO IT, and yet thinking she shouldn't throw in the towel on trying other ways just yet, and if she does decide to do IVF get another doctor at any rate.
#186 of 266 Old 05-01-2008, 03:15 PM

marly! looking forward to great news from you tomorrow!

jempd,
i thought you had your er/et before me? how can you be 2 weeks behind?! i am 5w6d today, edd 12/25-6-7ish. how about you? and how are you feeling? tell me more about your u/s! i have mine next week, i will be 7 weeks then and i am wondering what we will see in there! of course i am anxious to see that everything is as it should be. what are you planning on doing for prenatal care? is that too personal? the r.e. told me to make an appt. with my ob/gyn asap, so i have an appt. all set up for later on this month. very exciting
#187 of 266 Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM

Hey Soulshine I am wondering whether I am off on the # of weeks. You are 7 weeks? I had the transfer done 4/2, day 5 embryo. I thought you started counting from the retrieval day, which was 3/28. That's what I was doing. The due date I was given is 12/19. I am feeling OK, in fact a little worried that I should be feeling more pg symptoms. But the ultrasound was hugely reassuring. Feel almost saggy with relief post-us as opposed to pre. When is your us?
#188 of 266 Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies,

My transfer is scheduled for 6:30 am tomorrow, and then acupuncture right afterwards. Wish me luck!!
#189 of 266 Old 05-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Update on me: My retreival was yesterday and I'm resting on the couch today. I had a reaction to the fentanyl and got quite sick - that's never happened before. Now, however, I'm just sore.

We only got 4 eggs this time (as opposed to 11 and 13 on the other cycles). I'm pretty bummed about that - I know it 'only takes one' but I'd like to start with a larger number - knowing that it's likely some won't be mature and some won't fertilize with ICSI. All I can do is sit and wait for the call though.

Transfer (assuming we have something to transfer) is Sunday.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#190 of 266 Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Perdita, congrats on getting through the retrieval...hopefully you can just take it real easy today.

I got through my transfer (so I'm on the couch too) and DH and I decided to put in two perfect embryos that were already beginning to hatch. The nurse will call later to let us know how the freeze went on the rest.
#191 of 266 Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Hey girls !!!! I have good news I just got back from the docs office and i got me results ........... BFP !!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all the support now the only question is if it is one or two!!!!
#192 of 266 Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 PM

wow, that is a nice stream of good news

perdita,
congratulations on the retreival! i know what you are talking about with the #'s of eggs. there is alot that can happen between now and transfer... including the fact that one of those eggs is making the start of your next beautiful baby! i will stay positive for you i am sorry you had a bad med reaction... good to know that your feeling a bit better now.

goblue,
wonderful news! isn't it incredible? you have 2 beautiful embryos inside you! do you listen to the anji cd? i found the 3rd part about post transfer very helpful for the 2ww period... congratulations

marly,
well... awesome!!
you must be so psyched, and relieved! will you have a second beta, or go straight to u/s? when will that be? i am celebrating with you!

jempd,
i think i figured out the dates confusion... you do count from the retreival, for ovulation. but when you get your positive beta, you can add 2 weeks to that, assuming you had ovulated on cd14 like 'normal' people... and they date a pregnancy usually from your lmp, not ovulation (or retreival) so you are probably 7-8ish weeks now? your edd is a week before mine. i am 6 weeks today.
#193 of 266 Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Marly, HUGE congrats!!! I am so excited for you!!

Question for the ladies who just went through the TWW...did you feel anything (aside from wanting the time to pass faster) on the day of the transfer? I've had some light cramping but other than that, I feel totally normal. Thanks for the insight!!
#194 of 266 Old 05-03-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Update on me: My retreival was yesterday and I'm resting on the couch today. I had a reaction to the fentanyl and got quite sick - that's never happened before. Now, however, I'm just sore.

We only got 4 eggs this time (as opposed to 11 and 13 on the other cycles). I'm pretty bummed about that - I know it 'only takes one' but I'd like to start with a larger number - knowing that it's likely some won't be mature and some won't fertilize with ICSI. All I can do is sit and wait for the call though.

Transfer (assuming we have something to transfer) is Sunday.
Perdita-

I had my transfer this am and only got 5 eggs i had 10 follies so was shocked with only 5 eggs). We will find out tomorrow (sat) how many fertilized and on sun whether we will be a mon or wed transfer. i am so nervous...but am not having a good feeling with the small number of eggs

and since you have been through this before, how long does the pain last?
#195 of 266 Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Another update - 3 of the eggs were mature, and all 3 fertilized. Transfer Sunday.

That's the same number fertilized as with my successful cycle in 2004. So... it might be superstition, but I at least know it's possible!

Kristin - this is 2nd day post ER and I'm feeling better. Not 100% - still feeling a bit bruised, but definitely a LOT better than yesterday. I'll be leaving the house today - yesterday no way. I have been sleeping a lot and I'm sure that helped. Are you take Tylenol? Fingers crossed that you get as good a fert report as I did, considering.

Marly - congratulations - when is the heartbeat u/s?

Goblue - fingers tightly crossed - sounds like you have some great embies there. I don't remember feeling much of anything post-transfer - a bit of cramping from the catheter, but that was it. In fact, I felt nothing the entire 2WW and was stunned when it was BFP!

#196 of 266 Old 05-03-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post

Kristin - this is 2nd day post ER and I'm feeling better. Not 100% - still feeling a bit bruised, but definitely a LOT better than yesterday. I'll be leaving the house today - yesterday no way. I have been sleeping a lot and I'm sure that helped. Are you take Tylenol? Fingers crossed that you get as good a fert report as I did, considering.
well the clinic called today and only 3 of the 5 fertilized, so i am really down about that. they will call tomorrow to let us know if it will be mon or wed, but i am really hoping it is mon. i would be beyond distraught if they decided to wait until wed and the remaining didn't make it.

is there anything in particular that you do post transfer to help increase chances for a positive? pineapple? acupuncture? and how many day did you take off of work?
#197 of 266 Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Good luck this am by the way Let us know how it went as soon as you are feeling up to it.
#198 of 266 Old 05-04-2008, 09:56 AM

perdita,
thinking of you this morning! i hope it went really well and you can have a relaxing day today does your clinic have rules about bedrest, etc?

kristin,
i know you are down about the # but i think its great! fertilization is an awesome thing, and you have 3 of them going for you right now! i would want them in on monday, too... the embryologist should be able to make the best decision based on how they are doing. as far as the + outcome, i had acupuncture before and after the transfer. the pineapple, well, i bought a bottle of bromelaine (sp?) but decided not to take it, as all i knew about it was subjective internet stuff, so, i didn't want to do anything to 'mess things up'. i think you have to eat the pineapple core, if you are going to do it, but i can also remember reading that bromelaine cause your uterus to contract, and that's why i opted out of the pineapple... i wanted my uterus calm for those embryos! i hope you get a great embryo report today or tomorrow.

goblue,
i had all mind, intermittant 'symptoms'. mild being the key word. cramping, pulling, but not intense. queesiness, but nothing exceptional. sore boobies, but not that painfully sore. the only thing different that i noticed was i got some blue veins on my boobies that weren't there before. the whole 2ww, i basically assumed the high dosages of progesterone and estrogen were causing the syptoms. i didn't get any spotting or implantation bleeding. its hard but you just can't put any weight on the symptoms, imo. i really hope you get the news you want (we all want for you!) on your beta day!

having the online support is such a wonderful thing. especially because in real life this is so on the down-low. but i find myself comparing and being envious of everyone else's experiences... why is she throwing up and i am not? why does she get an u/s so soon? why are her beta's so freaking high and mine seem low in comparison... and on and on. i mean, i am not actually jealous, and the comparisons are silly and offer no use. everyone's body is different. this is my third pregnancy and so far it isnt that different than the first 2. i had never had a beta taken, so i have nothing to compare that to. so, you just have to find some kind of peace that what is happening inside YOU is fine and normal and perfect. its really hard though!

i am waiting not-so-patiently for my u/s on friday. i have days that i am totally obsessed, and days when i hardly think of it at all. the same 2ww symptoms come and go, and my boobs feel a little bigger, maybe. i am a whopping 6w2d today! its still so early! can you tell i am counting each day?!

well, i am still thinking of you all!

marly, how are you feeling today?

jempd, and you? are you feeling alright?

seedlings, how are you doing? i havn't forgotten about you! *hug*

vwchick, i wonder how you are... what you decided to do or are thinking about doing... i hope you are hanging in there...

kat's mom,
how are you doing? you have your r.e. consult this week. i hope there is some light shed and you can make a plan. *hug*

hope, how about you? how are you doing? have you planned another cycle? have you met with your r.e. to see if there is a new plan of action to get you to retrieval? i am still so disappointed that you had to go through that again.

and crazyrunningmomma, how about you? are you cycling now? what's up?
#199 of 266 Old 05-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Well, two of the three embryos made it to Day 3, and we transferred them this morning. One was an 8-cell Grade 4 (so highest grade and I guess 8-cell is pretty good for Day 3) and the other was a 6-cell Grade 3.5.

Those are 'better' quality than from our successful 2004 cycle, so there is cause for hope.

The technology has changed since 2004 and we were able to see the embryos on a monitor before they were transfered. That was pretty cool!

The fluid was a problem - supposed to drink 1 litre an hour before, but I guess the water from my early morning wake-up hadn't gone through me yet and I ended up with my bladder being so full I had to pee before the procedure - once before I went in, and once as I was lying there waiting for the RE to come in - had to get up and go back to the bathroom! Apparently my bladder was 'perfect' so I guess I was over-full! As it was I was sweating during the transfer since all I wanted to do was dash to the washroom.

We couldn't get child-care that early on a Sunday morning so DD had to come with us - we were the only transfer of the morning so they allowed her in the prep/recovery room and the embryologist's 10-year-old son sat with her for the 10-minute procedure while people kept and eye on them - we had figured that DH wouldn't be able to come in with me because she was there so it was really nice of them.

So now, beta is May 19. All I can do is hope. Our clinic just says "rest on the day" and treat yourself as pregnant - they're not very pushy about bedrest or anything - I'll work from home Monday and Tuesday so I can sit on the couch.

Kristin - 3 embies - I know it's not what you were hoping and I can understand that - but mine survived to transfer and I bet yours will too. I didn't do anything special -my clinic arranges for accupuncture for those who want it, but that's not really for me. I just cross my fingers and count my blessings a lot :-)

Thinking of everyone...

#200 of 266 Old 05-04-2008, 05:11 PM

perdita,
that's fantastic news! i am so glad it happened, its over, and it was really successful! it must have been a bit stressful bringing your child with you but it sounds like it went well. wasn't that cool, seeing the embryos on the moniter?! that really blew me away. i was in awe. there they were... inside of me!
well, you have so much good, positive things going for you this cycle, i really hope it works out for you! may 19th... fingers crossed!
#201 of 266 Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Hey Moms
this must be the lonest 10 days for me! I had 4 embyros put in and now waiting to see what happends. I have four kids of my own from my first marriage. I'm only 39 and remarried 3 yrs ago and my husband has no children the pressure is on. Nothing wrong with him or me both perfect ???

Nygirl69:
#202 of 266 Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 AM

Well it's two more days and I'll know if we are going to be parents! praying hard and sick as dog. Not ready for another disapointment....:
#203 of 266 Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Marly33: Congratulations!!

Soulshine: I finally figured it out after going to a couple of websites. You're right, of course. I am pleased to have those extra weeks because that means 12 weeks is so much closer.

goblue: How did it go?

Hoping for all of you.
#204 of 266 Old 05-05-2008, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

NYgirl, welcome and we are all rooting for you!!

As for me, I'm just waiting for my beta test which will be on the 13th and trying not to obsess in the meantime!!
#205 of 266 Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 AM

hello Girls !!! how is every one doing ??? well i have another beta tommorow and then another one on thursday and then my first ultrasound is on sunday the 18th. we are very excited. i feel pretty good . my boobs hurt once in awhile but i can say that i am gtting stomach aches alot seems like everything i eat gives me indigestion and heartburn. but no throwing up or anything . hope all of you are doing well. my first beta was 278 the nurse said it was good lets see tommorow !!
#206 of 266 Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 PM

well my et was yesterday (mon) and only 2 of the embryos made it to et. one was a 7 celled and one was a 6 celled. i am praying my little heart out that we get some positive news in 2 weeks. i am still resting today and may rest again tomorrow. not sure if it is actually helping or not, but i get a lot stomach cramping & pain when i have been moving around today so am not sure that i am ready to go back to work. everyone in my office thinks i am sick withe the stomach flu
#207 of 266 Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM

kristin,
well, that's great news! congratulations on your transfer of 2 beautiful embryos! i am on an ivf forum and i know of 2 women who transferred only one embryo, one of them a 2-cell on a 2day transfer, and the other a 6 cell on a 2 day transfer and they are BOTH pregnant, so... you're in the game, girl i took it easy for a few days, but i felt generally ok. the more rest you can get the better, especially when you have 'the stomache flu'

marly,
congratulations again on your great beta! will you update on your others? how are you feeling?!

i am still not-so-patiently waiting for my u/s on friday. nervous. excited! nervous...
#208 of 266 Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshine View Post

hope, how about you? how are you doing? have you planned another cycle? have you met with your r.e. to see if there is a new plan of action to get you to retrieval? i am still so disappointed that you had to go through that again.
Hey Soulshine. I'm hanging in there, been really just lurking around a bit. DH and I took a much needed weekend away, and it was great! They told me they'd call in 3 -4 weeks (my RE was on vaca, then he was going to sit down with the other RE in the office and discuss my case and what to do) So, right now, just trying to forget about it for a little while, if that's possible. Had a strange spotting period over the weekend for a couple of days, so that was a bit annoying, and I'm afraid it will push my normal cycle back since it wasn't a full bleed... since we all know we can't start another cycle of IVF until AF rears her ugly head! I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.... Thanks so much to all for the great support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#209 of 266 Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 AM

hey ladies how is everyone!! well i went yesturday for my second beta and it only went up about half from 273 to 380 i am really scared now any advice/?? could it be cause im only about 4 wks. im really nervous now . i go tommorow for the 3rd one . the doctor says that it didn't double but at least it is going up . ive had no pain no bleeding or anything . so thats good . please any input that can keep my mind at ease i would greatly appreciate!!
#210 of 266 Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 AM

Kristin, my IVF twin - glad to hear those embies are back inside you - we've had incredibly similar cycles, which is even more remarkable considering the rare diagnosis - I sure hope we both get the same positive result in a couple of weeks - remember my first cycle was like this too. When is your beta?

marly, no cause for panic - the problem with successive betas is that you can actually get too much information to analyze. The numbers don't need to double exactly - just go up, so no biggie. I'm sure everything's fine. Will be thinking of you!

This is the boring part of the 2ww. Definitely too early to test (3dp3dt)! The prometrium is doing its worst - my boobs are sore, bloated, etc. I also have a wicked sore throat that I hope is hay fever rather than a cold! This is the first day I'm going to leave the house - I have cabin fever and looking forward to it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page